Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 125

Printer-friendly version

Stella makes Cathy a tempting offer....

Easy As Falling Off A Bike.
by Bonzi & Tiddles
part: half way to two hundred and fifty, or an eighth of a thousand! (that is frightening!!!)

I eventually calmed down through exhaustion as much as anything else and got off the toilet, my bum stuck to the seat and when I detached myself, had a nice ring around my bum and my foot had gone to sleep.

What to do in such emergencies? Make a cuppa. As I drank the delicious fluid I tried to reflect upon the situation I was in. I suspected that my stress levels had overwhelmed my threshold and it was simply stress, either that or I was pregnant! Well I had lain with a man - that cheered me up and I giggled at the absurdity.

See a cuppa does cheer you up, it also makes you want to wee, so back to the loo I went, which reminded me of something that was hanging over me. Well not exactly, it was more hanging out of me and would need some attention.

By now it was nearly five, and I decided I'd stay up and try and sort these things out. I climbed in the shower and after copious soaking and lubrication with shower gel, pulled everything back to its original configuration, except the ovoid bits, they stayed where I'd shoved 'em. I wasn't sure whether or not I should be worried.

After drying myself, I decided the skin looked okay, which was a pleasant surprise. I did think about alowing them to dangle for a few days but then changed my mind. I preferred to maintain the illusion.

By six thirty, and hot and sweaty again, I had managed to refold and glue into cosmetic and urinary satisfaction my aberrant bits. I needed another cuppa, boy did I need another cuppa and not to make any quick movements!

I decided I should have a word with my GP when I had a chance to make sure I wasn't doing anything dangerous. I couldn't see how I was unless I became allergic to the glue, in which case it would all blister and fall off. Not a nice idea, even though it made me giggle, as long as I didn't sit too upright, things were tight, in a manner of speaking.

It was wednesday again, goodness how time flies when you are reconfiguring! I made some breakfast and was in the middle of reading the syllabus for the local college when the phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hi Cathy, it's Stella. I'm having Simon home tomorrow are you still good for the weekend?"

"Wow, oh yeah, course." I lied, I had forgotten all about it.

"Oh good, I'll get some food in. I expect you'll enjoy cooking for your man, won't you?"

"Absolutely," I was becoming such a liar. I didn't know if he'd even speak to me after I stormed out on him last night.

"Is there anything you want me to get in?"

"Not too worried, I'm quite adaptable as long as you have a tin opener and a microwave."

"A real Nigella eh?"

"Absolutely, I can open a tin or switch on a microwave while wearing red lipstick, as well as any woman."

"Spoken like a true feminist."

Her remark took me a little by surprise. Me a feminist? In a broader context I supposed I was, except I tended to imagine short haired, bra burning, hairy legged, peace-niks camping outside an American Air base. But if feminist meant supporting the rights of women, count me in.

"I think I ought to tell you that Simon and I parted on less than happy terms last night."

"You haven't dumped him have you?"

"No, why?"

"Well I just bought this new hat and...."

"Stella, what are you on about. Women only buy hats for weddings and.... oh!" I blushed. "It's bad luck to buy things like that prematurely, the way we're going we might kill each other before then."

"It's okay it's black, I could wear it to the funerals."

"You are such a comfort." My psychic strangling techniques were obviously not working, she was still talking!

"Oh I try to be hon, but sometimes with Simon it is difficult."

"What should I do about...., I mean after...., well you know, last night?"

"Oh just go and see him, he's like a pet dog, he's usually forgotten about ten minutes later. So if he does anything to make you mad hit him there and then or he won't know what it's all about."

"I think I need to think about that Stella." I was still processing it, the idea of treating him like a puppy or kitten was not actually interacting with my own recollections of him. 'Bad boy, down!' Nah, that didn't resonate at all. Now like a large child, maybe. 'Be a good boy for mummy,' yeah that could work.

"I'll pop and see him this afternoon, thought I'd best go and see my dad as it's about a week since I was last there."

"Yeah okay, when will you be back down?"

"How about if I come saturday morning?"

"Yeah, fine. Couldn't bring your bread machine, could you?"

"Course I can."

"Oh luvverly, only Simon mentioned how nice your bread was and I thought, I'd like to try some."

"I'll do some over the weekend."

"If you do, make sure to save me some because he'll eat the bloody lot."

"I will either save you some or make some fresh for you, how's that?"

"You are the best sister-in-law a girl could wish for."

"You keep tempting providence Stella."

"Well shall we say, virtual sis-in-law?"

"Why not just Cathy, a good friend?"

"Are you telling me the wedding is off?"

"There is no wedding, Stella."

"But there will be as soon as you're sorted?"

"I don't know, that could be years away."

"What? Why is that?"

"Well to start with, I have to do a full year before they'll refer me for reassignment surgery. I was lucky to get the hormones so easily, some have to do that before they get them."

"Well don't worry about surgery, I know just the man."

"What?"

"An experienced urologist. Admittedly he hasn't done one for a year or two, but I'm sure he'd do it for you and he owes me a few favours."

"Stella, much as I'd love to have it done this afternoon, I think we're supposed to follow certain protocols."

"That's only to protect the quacks, in case you complain afterwards that it was all a big mistake. Apparently one or two do."

Having been caught up on a roller-coaster myself, I could understand that it could happen. I didn't think it applied to me, but who was I to gainsay the experts. Besides, Dr thomas had been so supportive of me, I wouldn't like to put her in an invidious position, nor alienate her. I liked her too much.

"Okay, I'll keep it mind when we get around to referral time."

"How about during the Christmas vacs?"

"What?" had I misheard her in some way.

"Well things are quiet and Michael, the surgeon is working. His daughter's getting married so he cant go skiing. He was piste off by it all. Ha ha." She laughed at her own joke.

"I'll have only done about three months by then Stella, it hardly qualifies me does it? Besides I need the referral confirmed by another shrink."

"I can probably arrange that too, have a tame semi-retired psychiatrist, I look after his prostate. When you have that in your hands, they tend to be putty."

"Stella, this is cutting corners. I don't want to upset my own doctor."

"It won't I'm sure."

"I'm not."

"Well suss her out the next time you see her. The offer is there if you want it."

"Thanks, I do appreciate it."

"Well I did see a dress to go with the hat and...."

"I have to go Stella, see you saturday."

"Oh okay."

I made some more tea, having abandoned my thoughts of teaching for the moment. As I sat dunking a digestive biscuit, I wondered if she wasn't perhaps right. I knew I wasn't going to change my mind, not for all the tea in China. So what was the point of waiting? especially after the struggle in the early hours, which was now throbbing gently.

I had no doubts about the surgery and who I was, but as for marriage, well I had plenty. I mean could I cope with such a pushy and bossy sister in law? Could I cope with Simon on a long term basis and the rest of his looney family? Would I be Lady Catherine, or was that just going to invite the spleen of the tabloids and invites from glossy mags to photograph my bidet?

Why was life so complicated? The ideas of early surgery were now buzzing around my head like flies around a midden. It was so tempting, it really was.

up
183 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You do realise that ..

... you're posting 12 hours early? It confuses a simple-minded fellow like me, but it's welcome never the less.

I wonder why Cathy is obsessed with sitting on the loo so much; it can mark you for life. It must be the gallons of tea she seems to drink. My VSO drinks lots of the filthy stuff - I'm un-British enough to loathe it :)

Now this is getting interesting. I wonder if the tame semi-retired psychiatrist Stella knows has the initials RR? Such a man has a reputation for early referrals in the UK. I'm not sure if this story (like the Archers) is running in real time, but, if it is, then Christmas isn't very far off and Cathy could have a nice present.

Keep well

Geoff

Ok, I gots ta ask

kristina l s's picture

Has anyone ever actually tried this superglue thing. I mean there's a lot in this I can relate to but... I'd be seriously leery of messing about with a tube of superglue in what is a somewhat tender area. It is a device used in a few stories here and there and sounds sorta plausible...but... call me hesitant. Well no don't but I am curious.

Oh...another super toss a wild one in from left of centre chapter.

Kristina

Gotta ask too

It has turned up in a couple of stories.
Is it really safe?

Not tried it myself

As I said, I haven't tried it myself, but I would imagine it would be somewhat uncomfortable. Cyanoacrilate adhesives tend to go hard when they cure (unlike contact adhesive or medical type adhesive used to keep hair pieces and prosthetics in place) and that could make the area where the adhesion had taken place rather tender and irritated.

N-butyl-2-cyanoacrilate has been used in VERTEBROPLASTY, but here as I understand it, little flexing is evident unlike the area you are referring to.

In addition, they don't react well to salt water (your basic sweat) and would tend to lose the bonding capability. Many forms of superglue (to use the generic term for the generic off the shelf product) are not very waterproof and tend to lose adhesion after a while, but it's certainly possible. I understand they use another form of superglue for sticking crowns (false teeth) to the tooth stubs, so who knows?

Still, another great episode Angharad. Hope you're getting better.

Hugs from Dorset

Nick

Various formulations of

Various formulations of "superglue" can and have been used to close wounds. If I'm remembering correctly (always a factor at my age...) one of the first uses for it was as a replacement for sutures and staples.

Janice

Not getting enough sleep!

What are you doing up posting at this hour? You should be resting! Mind you, I enjoyed the latest. Stella is such a relentless Type A person, she'd run over a bulldozer and not notice it. A gentle hand in the back urging you on, "Jump!" (hard shove).

Hmmm, just had a thought. The professor is single, right? Introduce him to Stella, they ought to get along like two raging wildfires, and that would take the heat off Cathy for awhile. ;) But not before she gets the discounted fasttrack to the surgical ward.

Karen J.

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way."

College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Not that early.

Angharad usually posts around midnight 'our' time. This episode was posted just before 11am, so quite reasonable. But don't discourage her - it's good therapy. She'll go off her rocker if she doesn't do something interesting and productive.

I would think the prof is a bit old for Stella, though that isn't necessarily a definite no-no, I guess. It happens.

On the dangers of using Cyano-acrylate glue (so-called superglue) on the skin. I use a lot of the stuff for model making (I get more bits of wood stuck to my hands than you could imagine!) and the greatest danger is developing an allergic reaction which, I understand, can be quite severe. Other dangers, of course, are the potential for embarrassing misattachments of inappropriate body parts or, even more seriously, inadvertently rubbing an eye with a cyano contaminated finger.

Geoff

Off the rocker

She's supposed to be off her rocker, the doctor told her not to be sitting for any length of time. So instead of being up she should be in bed! Even more so at midnight.

Stella and the prof are so good at managing other's lives putting the two of them together to manage each other would be quite a show. They don't have to do anything but run each other's existance while Cathy get's a much-needed break.

Karen

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way."

College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Author's note -

Angharad's picture

Can I just point out it is posted under fiction. As I don't have any bits to glue, I didn't do a road test.

I might be entertaining a friend later hence the early posting. It isn't to make up for the missing ones as KP suggested earlier!

hugs,

Angharad.

Angharad

A Lovely Evening!

Do have one, dear Angharad!

Various words of caution, yadda-yadda, but above all, have a lovely evening! Actually, considering the time I'm posting this, I rather hope you're having one already!

I seem to remember...

.. that our darling author warned us about the story having to slow down due to health issues. Instead, when I made my dayly check I found not one but two new episodes. Let's hope she's never put in intensive care as I don't know I could keep up with hourly episodes ;)

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

Stella

I'm writing this a couple of years (DEC 2010) after a majority of comments here being made. Stella is exactly what Cathy needs. Remember Cathy is the wallflower type that if left to own devices will sit on her rump and find as many excuses NOT to do something as just to go do it & then complain to herself that she didnt and then justify to herself why it wasnt done. I believe that Stella is also the driving force behind her brother too. She knows he's had several women in his live that took advantage also. I also think Stella thinks of Cathy of a younger sister that needs alot of guidance in how to deal with realities of life ... NAIVE is prob. the term I would use & it's quite accurate. Stella knows that to match up her brother & Cathy, Cathy is going to have to learn alot & be able to stand up & deal with all sorts of encounters from life & High society and likely her own profession that she's getting herself into. yes, Stella's pushing hard, and perhaps a little too fast, but i think she sees the overal big picture & wants the best for her new friend & in-law. And she'll do what ever it takes to give & place Cathy in controlled situations,to learn & yet make mistakes as a normal girl would of learned over the course of years.

Alot has been made of Cathy's female appearance & in real world, someone vurnable a Cathy needs a Mentor that realizes this & gives her the armenents & defenses needed to ward off potential problems & come to realize that she is exactly what many others see her as, not what she herself sees.

Agreed

Plus life will never be boring with Stella around.

And when the bullies come Stella has skills!

Not at

Angharad's picture

universities.

Angharad

The birth of a feminist...

Rhona McCloud's picture

Totally with Cathy on feminism. For ages I thought feminists were just down because they were unattractive and possibly lesbian. Then some guy tried to deny me an opportunity I wanted on the grounds I was a woman!!! Violà, a feminist was born even though, according to friends, it didn't stop me being as (unconciously) manipulative as ever

Rhona McCloud

Viola!

Angharad's picture

You're pulling my strings, flower :)

Angharad

Assurément

Rhona McCloud's picture

Self-deception is humanity's greatest tool in getting our own way.

On the other hand if it is my use of French you noticed (I don't speak it), just imagine Tommy Cooper saying "Voilà" and pulling, instead of a white rabbit a viola out of a hat....

The boring answer is that it was a typo and I only just noticed

Rhona McCloud

glue

We need a volunteer to test the glue. I believe the first use during eye surgery was done by a Yank MD who lives in my town.
Ang you are the best, love dry humor, and wet humor too. Keep the Tom Cruise mental picture when I make an ass of my self
She pees enough for a preggo.
Cefin