Tante's Birthday - A Jaci and Dottie story

Printer-friendly version

Tante’s Birthday - A Jaci and Dottie story

Drea knew something was up by how good her two charges were being.

Not that Jaci and Dottie were bad, per se, but they were usually teasing each other about which one was more girly and today they had both been on their best behavior.

Plus, Dottie, the younger of the two, was playing with her medic-alert bracelet, a habit she had developed soon after being given one, which she did when she was thinking, nervous, or upset.

After fidgeting for a while, Dottie came up to her and said, “Tante, I was thinking, can you get some cupcakes for school? We’re supposed to take turns bringing treats, and maybe I should get my turn over with.”

“I guess I could do that, Dottie. You and Jaci will be good while I’m gone?”

“We’ll be good.”

Drea smiled, and kissed the girl on the forehead. Then she grabbed a coat and her purse, said “goodbye” to Jaci, and went out the door.

Shortly, she found herself looking at the bakery department of her local grocery store, trying to find something suitable for Dottie’s class. “It used to be so easy. But now you have to think about making sure anything going to school is nut-free and gluten-free.”

Finally, she found what she was looking for, and went to the checkout counter. A few minutes later, she was headed back home her new purchase in a bag.

She opened the front door of her house and heard “Surprise!”

Inside the house were all of her friends, especially Ruth who had become “gran-Tante” to her two charges, who were grinning and holding homemade cards that they handed to her.

Dottie’s card especially moved her, as it said, “I love my mom, but I feel like I got two moms, and one of them is you.”

Drea felt the tears flow as she hugged the girls, and as she thanked the guests, she thought to herself that she was amazingly blessed. Friends, family, and especially two little girls who loved her with all their hearts.

“Happy Birthday, Tante!” They said together as they gave her another hug.

“And many, many more!”

End

up
108 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Happy Birthday Drea.....

I do not understand that Jaci and Dottie can actually stop teasing each other over is the more girly. I have tried my darnedest to convince them both that they both very girly in their own fashion but to no avail.

When I was labeled "gran-tante" I never realized that those two authors would invite me into a story. I am honoured to be so included. Please Drea, I do not wish to interfere in your splendid rearing of your two young charges. Both appear to be doing as well as can be expected.

I hope your birthday celebration was joyous and filled with family and friends.

Ruth

May the sun always shine on your parade

Pouting

I wish I was invited to the party. It would be great to shout Happy Birthday to a good friend. Well, jumping up and down, and wearing a silly hat: Surprise, Happy Birthday, Andrea. Jaci and Dottie are naughty girls making Tante Andrea buy her own birthday party goodies.

Rami

RAMI

Birthday gratitude....

Andrea Lena's picture

...as much as Tante Drea is blessed with those two adorable girls, I must say I am supremely blessed for the family I have here. Thank you, Dottie

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

you're very welcome, Drea

You're the best Tante two little girls can have!

DogSig.png

Nice card Dottie!

This was a really sweet thing to do for Tante Drea. Now you and Jaci need a spanking for scarring the cr** out of your Tante at the door! (Giggles Popcorn Lady!). (Just kidding)! Loving Hugs Talia (aka Popcorn Lady)
Ps. Happy Birthday Drea!

Ack!

Looks like I'm late by a few months (years?), but happy very belated birthday, Andrea!

{{{big birthday hugs}}}