Howard and the Completed Pass, Part 5

Printer-friendly version
Howard and the Completed Pass, Part 5, Chapters 9 & 10

By Portia Bennett

Introduction: This is another story that fits into Part 2 of the Cynthia Chronicles. Chronologically, it takes place a little more than a year after the ending of Adam and the Three Wishes. There are some interesting parallels to that story; however, there are significant differences.

If you are not familiar with the series, you should read An Incremental Journey, Cynthia and the Reluctant Girlfriend, Cynthia and the Dumpster Diver, Cynthia and the Moment of Truth, Cynthia and the High School Years, Parts 1 & 2, Charli and the Man Cave and Adam and the Three Wishes. Bobbie and the Glass Ceiling and Randi and the College Professor take place about seven years after this story.


 

This work is copyrighted by the author and any publication or distribution without the written consent of the author is strictly prohibited. This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance of the characters to persons living or dead is coincidental.


 

Howard and the Completed Pass

 

Part 5

Chapter 9

It was the body of a young woman. She was wearing slacks and a blouse. Her shoes were on the floor next to the bed. Her hair was long and dark blonde, almost light brown. She was quite petite, maybe 5' 4".

At first, Lisa thought she might be dead. She couldn't read her. Then she saw that she was breathing very regularly. She was just asleep. Who was she? She had to be magic. Her screens were definitely up.

Lisa circled the bed to get a better look at who the intruder was. She wasn't wearing any makeup, but she was very pretty, very cute. Lisa wondered what color her eyes were. With that coloring they might be just about any color. Who was she?

Lisa couldn't think of anything but to call Terri. Maybe she knew what was going on. She spotted the extension wireless on its charger back on the other night table. Just as she reached the phone she looked into the closet. "Oh my God!" she shrieked.

The closet was filled with clothes, women's clothes. She looked around the room. She hadn't realized it at first, but everything had changed. Had there been any masculinity in the room before, it was gone now.

She looked down at the young woman who was now looking back up at her.

"Hi, Lisa," her voice was a beautiful soprano, not the mezzo soprano that Lisa had. Her eyes were a bright green. She had the most beautiful lashes; however, her eyebrows needed a lot of work. "I guess I'm Rosemary from now on. I fell asleep. Does being pregnant make you sleepy like this all the time?"

"Oh my!"

Lisa turned to see Terri standing at the door.

"Jim was doing some paperwork for next week. He and Barrett were working on a project. Anyway, a little while ago he noticed that Barrett's name had changed to Rosemary. There was only one reason for that to have happened.

"You did it, you finally did it," Terri said turning to the new woman. "It's about time."

By this time, Rosemary was sitting on the edge of the bed. Her face still had a few wrinkles left by sleeping against the spread covered pillows. Her friends sat at her side, gently hugging her. "I wanted to do it for a long time, but for some reason I was scared. When I got up this morning there was a message from His Wisdom on my lap top. There were just two words, "IT'S TIME".

"You know," she said with a pause, "it was."

***************************

"I want the same package, all of it," he shouted while the door bell was still tinkling.

"Just a minute, just a dang minute, there's no rush. There never was. I'll be out in a minute. Give Wolf a dog biscuit."

By then, Wolf was sitting up half begging.

"Give him only half," Padrona, Wolf's wife, said as she parted the curtains. "He needs to watch his weight.

"Wolf, the kids want to chase musk oxen up in Aulavik National Park, and you promised you would go with them. They're out back, and they're ready to go."

"I'd better go. Have a nice day," Wolf said as he headed for the back room.

"Now, now, now, calm down," The Wizard said as he parted the beaded curtains. "There's no need to rush into things just because you've finally come to the decision you could have made a long time ago, but just now decided to get off of top dead center. Maybe that's not the best analogy, but I learned it from Mabel McIntyre the other day.

"Mabel was a Master Gunnery Sergeant, and after she retired having served 30 years in the marines, she determined all that bluster and bravado was camouflage covering who she really was. She had never married in her previous life. She had been doing quite a bit of research about us, not really believing SRU existed, but holding the hope that it did. Finding our shop in Oceanside was beyond her wildest dream.

"Anyway, she's now a USO volunteer, she's only 48, and she's found her life partner. She couldn't be happier.

"Now, back to you; I know what I can do for you, but I want to hear it from you. I don't want this to be a decision you'll regret later, although I know it's not. I just feel like drawing this out a bit."

"Howard, well Lisa now, and I talked about this several times over the last year. I know she realized it, and I knew, too, that there was something different about us. We loved women; however, it was the female form we coveted. It wasn't just that, and this was something that our female acquaintances sensed. We were women inside. Our souls were female. Our bed partners were not bisexual and they wanted 'all men'. In spite of our physical image, we weren't men enough for them. But, we're not gay; at least not as men. I know that now.

"I miss the person who is Lisa. I love her. But that can never be if I stay this way, and believe me, I don't want to stay this way. I want it all. I want the same deal Lisa got. I want children. I want to be with Lisa for the rest of our lives."

"You do realize that will be a very long time, don't you?"

"Sixty, seventy years, that won't be long enough."

"It would be more like six or seven hundred years, maybe more."

"What in the world are you talking about?"

"Do you remember your conversation with Lisa that day you visited her in the hospital?"

"Certainly, that was the first time I saw her after you changed her and faked that accident."

"As far as the world's concerned," The Wizard said, "it was all very real. After all, there were two bodies and a crashed airplane. That had to have been one of my better creations. It worked like a charm, and we didn't have to do too much historical adjusting. It was certainly more involved than what we did for Terri, though."

"Terri? I don't think I understand."

"Everyone is fine with this. You'd find out sooner or later. Terri was like you are and Lisa was. The parallels are really interesting. Terri and Jim were best friends in college. They were always right for each other. Jim is straight, so the thought of a relationship with Adam beyond the platonic one they had was out of the question. Adam, now Terri, loved Jim. The thing was Adam loved Jim as a woman would. Well, all that's been fixed now.

"Now, that brings us to this other thing: magic. You are half magic like Terri and Lisa were. Of course they're all magic now. We will replicate the magic gene that one of those models you and Lisa were coveting has. You will retain your X chromosome and the rest of your mother's genetic material as I explained to Lisa, and we will construct the rest of your genetic material that reflects the average of the traits those thousand women have. Actually, everything is ready for you to just give us the word, and we'll go ahead.

"You will be magic just like Lisa, Terri and all the others you've met. The complication is that your mother is half magic, as is your brother. Your sister missed out on that, unfortunately. Your mother will remember you as you were before. I had Bev visit her to explain what will happen. No one else will remember anything other than that Rosemary Hamilton was a lovely little girl who finally found her life partner. The fact that you are gay won't matter. You have a very understanding family."

"How did you know about the name?"

"I'm a Wizard, if you remember. It's my job to know these things.

"There is the other part of the bargain. Just like Lisa, you will be pregnant with twins; in this case, two girls. As you never had a boyfriend, these babies are the result of your having artificial insemination. Your little girls are magic, just like you.

"Are you okay with this?"

"Yes, this is a wonderful price to pay for this blessing."

"Would you want someone with you while we take care of things? The process can be a bit disorienting."

"I guess so, if you think it's a good idea. I'm starting to get a bit nervous."

"I can understand that. Here, have a cup of coffee," The Wizard said as he handed Barrett a cup of steaming coffee. "It's our special blend."

The Wizard went to his desktop computer, and struck a few keys. "Bobbie, can you come to the store for a few minutes. Barrett finally made a decision, and he would like you to be here."

"Sure, I'll use the Janitor's closet like we did before. I have an hour before I have to get to the practice tee."

"Can you be here, too, Cindy. He'd like your support."

"I'll be right there."

The back door to the shop opened to reveal what appeared to be the inside of a janitorial closet. The tall, beautiful redhead stepped out into the room. She was wearing a short skirt that revealed long, tanned athletic legs, and she was wearing a billed golf cap. "Hi Barrett, we're so happy for you." She walked over and gave Barrett a hug and a kiss. "This is so right. I can't wait to give you some lessons. We'll make a fine golfer out of you. I'm going to work with Lisa, too. She'll need the right sort of exercise after having her babies. No golf carts for either of you."

"Hi, Barrett."

He looked up to see Cindy Brewer approaching. She gave him the same treatment.

"Feeling better?" The Wizard asked.

"Yes, I think so. Actually, I feel very good about this. Let's do it."

Bobby and Cindy sat beside him and grasped his hands.

Suddenly he was overwhelmed with a feeling that was almost pre-orgasmic. He, no she could feel her spatial orientation changing. She was shrinking, and there were wonderful feelings and stirrings inside her body. Her shirt changed to a very nice casual blouse; her Levis to a pair of form fitting slacks. There was a slight tightening around her chest. She looked down. She had breasts, very nice breasts. They were enclosed in a bra that felt quite comfortable. Out of the corner of her eye she could see her dark blonde hair cascading down to her shoulders. She reached up to touch it. Her hands were small and delicate.

Suddenly, the tension she had been building up over the last few months was released in a spine tingling shiver.

"Breathe, Rosemary, breathe. If you don't, you'll pass out," Bobbie said. "There, that wasn't bad at all was it? Wait until you see how pretty you are. I remember the first time I saw myself after my transition. It was such a wonderful feeling."

A full length mirror appeared in front of them. They helped her stand and pulled her to the mirror.

"Oh, my, goodness, that is really me. How can I ever thank you?"

"You already have by rescuing those two babies," The Wizard said.

"How far along am I? I guess I should know."

"Just two weeks, you went to the clinic two weeks ago. You should show positive for the EPT in the next few days.

"Now have another drink of that coffee. We're not going to let you drive home until you're ready."

"Did you drug me?"

"No," Cindy said, "His Wisdom has a special blend of coffees and teas that have a very calming effect. It's good to have them around the house for emergencies. The first time I had the tea was after I was kidnapped. We, Bobbie's mother and my folks, had some. It really helped us through the trauma of that day. I gave some to Terri after her transition. It just reduces panic without any narcotic effects. Terri'll have some for you at her house."

**********************

"There you have it, after about thirty minutes, I felt pretty normal. Actually, I felt wonderful, but any giddiness was gone. That must be pretty good stuff."

"I'll certainly agree with that," Terri said

"I came back here and Fred said hello to me as I came in. I guess he's my familiar now. Anyway, this apparently took a lot out of me, and I crashed for a while."

Fred jumped onto the bed and started kneading Rosemary's thigh. "We'll make a great team," Fred said as he circled a couple of times before dropping down for a nap.

"I do have a question, something I've been meaning to ask for a long time, but somehow, it just didn't seem right."

"Sure, what is it," Lisa asked.

"Lisa, will you please marry me?"

Chapter 10

They spent a few weeks in another smaller house as their duplex was converted to a single family dwelling. The Wizard could have made the changes with a few magic spells; however, it wouldn't have been Lisa and Rosemary's project. It was just better that way. What they had done was similar to Jim and Terri's home. After all, they had the same floor plan to work with.

Lisa went crazy with the kitchen. She gave it everything she had always wanted in a kitchen. It was a show place, and when she told her company what she wanted to do, they supplied much of what went into it. All she had to do was promise to show it to their rich customers. She gladly did that. She was very proud of her work. She had designed a small walk in wine closet that fitted under the double stair leading up to the second floor. Neither she nor Rosemary were drinking much wine these days, although they held many small dinners - mostly for their magic friends and families. They were both surprised at the size of the growing magic community in New England.

Rosemary had her electronics room that was a computer geek's paradise. She could work from there as well as her office. She'd also put in an audio system that was state of the art. There were several televisions throughout the house. None of them were huge, although the one in the family room was pretty good sized. Lisa still liked to watch the NFL games and other sports. She had Howard's Super Bowl Championship Ring. Sometimes, especially on football days, she'd wear it on a gold chain around her neck.

Upstairs, they took the two rear bedrooms, and made a master suite out of them. It was luxurious to say the least. In spite of their pregnancies, especially with Lisa's advanced state, they found it very easy to make love.

There had been little hesitation on their part that first night after Rosemary's transformation. It was just so natural for them. After all, they'd been in love with each other for a long time. After some tentative kissing that quickly escalated, Lisa led Rosemary to her shower tub. That would be fixed soon enough. She worshipped her smaller lover's surprisingly buxom body (That had been a little extra The Wizard had thrown in. He didn't tell them, though). Rosemary was aroused like a tightened wire ready to break by the time Lisa had dried her with the plush towel. She led her to the bed and showed her exactly what two women who loved each other very much could do for each other. To say the earth moved for Rosemary might have been an understatement.

"Welcome to womanhood my sweet, sweet Rosemary," Lisa said as she cuddled the still vibrating young woman to her.

"Oh my God, oh my God," Rosemary said between gasps. "Just to be with you was all I wanted."

"Well, this is part of the package, little one."

"If that's the case, I think turnabout is fair play," she said as she turned to her beautiful lover. "I especially liked it when you did this," she said as she drew Lisa's swollen nipple between her lips and teased it with her tongue. Lisa gently held her head to her breast. She moaned her approval.

"Oh, your little innie has become an outie.

She gently kissed her navel. "Little ones, we will see you in a few months. Your mother and I love you very much. You're going to have two little sisters in a little more than eight months. We're going to have so much fun."

She moved further down to part her beautiful lover's dark red hair with her tongue. "I've been told that I am very good at this." The results she elicited confirmed the previous reports.

"I waited a long time for you, Rosemary. I'm so glad you finally showed up.

On December 21st Lisa gave birth to a very healthy boy and girl. There were no complications. The Wizard certainly wouldn't have allowed that. By the next day, they were eagerly nursing at their mother's breasts. Had Lisa been happy before, she was ecstatic now.

She named the babies after her (Howard's) long deceased parents. They were Emily and Michael. They had dark hair and blue eyes that tracked their two mothers eagerly.

Rosemary went into labor on May 15th and her fraternal twin girls were born eight hours later. Although they were fraternal, everyone thought they were identical. She named them Faith and Charity.

Rosemary's mother had been present at both deliveries. She had taken Barrett's transformation to Rosemary very easily. She was surprised when Terri's great, great grandmother had contacted her prior to her youngest son's transformation to her youngest daughter. Bev enlightened her very quickly about the magical world, and Doris Hamilton was happy to know that she was partially responsible for ensuring the continuation of the magic world.

"I always knew there was something there that wasn't quite right. I think I knew it about that handsome football playing friend of his, too. I knew they weren't gay; however, I didn't understand this transgendered thing. Thank heavens you can fix that and they will be real mothers. My other two children haven't presented me with grandchildren yet."

Doris knew when the transformation had taken place because all the pictures and mementos suddenly changed on that Saturday morning. She had to admit that her new daughter was quite beautiful, and she was thankful that she'd never been 'butch': although, if Rosemary had decided to be that way, she wouldn't have minded.

Several hours later, she received an email from her other daughter, Anna. "I just received an email from Rosemary. She said she proposed to Lisa and she accepted. I am so happy for them. She told me something else. She thinks she's pregnant. She went to that clinic two weeks ago. You're going to have at least four grandchildren by next year."

Doris called her daughter immediately. After all, there were some things that needed to be talked about in person. "How do you know I'm going to have at least four grandchildren? Rosemary may be pregnant, but it's far too early to tell how many children she's having."

"Mom, I know that. There's Lisa's two, Rosemary's baby - that sounds a little scary, and there's mine. We just confirmed that I'm about a month along. John is very happy. It's taken us a while. You are going to be one busy grandmother.

**************************

The wedding was held in the garden area of the park by the rose arbors. They walked arm in arm down the aisle to repeat their vows. The ceremony was short but very nice. There were tears at the end as the two brides kissed. Their four babies were being carefully watched by Wolf and Padrona, and after the ceremony and before the reception, the two brides returned to their home to nurse and change their babies' diapers. They'd been wearing very nice afternoon tea dresses, so there was no need to change before they returned to the reception with their babies.

Lisa stayed with the restaurant supply company for several years; however, the urge to cook professionally kept rearing its head. She finally submitted her resignation and opened what she called a boutique restaurant in West Hartford. It could seat 25 people in a pinch; however, she preferred to keep the seating at 20. There was seldom an empty seat. There was only one seating, and it was very, very expensive. After the first six months, one had to reserve a seat at least six months in advance. The Michelin folks got wind of the restaurant, and they showed up incognito; however, both Lisa and Rosemary knew who they were immediately. Lisa needn't have worried. Rave reviews came from everywhere and Michelin gave them three stars.

Rosemary helped out, but she stayed with Jim's company. Two young women waited on the tables. Lisa had a sous-chef and a preparation assistant. All employees were magic. A competition had been set up among the covens to select the help. So, at this point, all employees were female and witches.

Randi installed a door that gave them a direct entry from their house. No one noticed that they never drove to work.

Two years after the births of their first children, Lisa had a little girl, and Rosemary had a little boy. There would be more children over the years. All were rescued.

By the way, the restaurant occupied the space previously occupied by a tax office, and every once in a while, the SRU shop. The Wizard found a good location at the other end of the strip mall.

Speaking of The Wizard, he was very proud of how things worked out. It had taken years to set up, but it couldn't have worked out any better.

The End For Now

==============================================================

That's it for a while. I am working on a more serious novel in the California Saga series. It's not going very well.

up
99 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank You for Commenting

littlerocksilver's picture

(Again.) I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Portia

Another awesome tale

WillowD's picture

And so ends another awesome tale in the Cynthia Chronicles. I think I've read around 2/3 of your stuff now and I've thoroughly enjoyed all of it. This is a wonderful reading marathon.

As ususal, a wonderful story!

Patrick Malloy's picture

This a very good addition to an already great series. Thank you Portia.

I am sure that whatever is gumming up the works in the California Saga, you will eventually overcome and I will look forward to reading it.

Patrick Malloy

California Saga

littlerocksilver's picture

It's on Amazon and Smashwords. I had to unpublish it here. The author is Tim Blewett

Portia