Dancing Queen: 10

Printer-friendly version
Michelle emerges from her cocoon

Ballroom dancing has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, but I didn’t realise just how important it would become in shaping my future, until I had to take the place of one of my bosses following an accident.


Dancing Queen


A novel


by Louise Anne Smithson

Copyright © 2013 Louise Anne Smithson
All Rights Reserved.

Image Credit: Picture from Wikimedia Commons. Free for commercial and personal use with restriction under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence.


 

Chapter 10 — My transformation

I arrived at Joan’s salon carrying the plastic carrier bag containing the clothes and shoes that I’d be changing into later that evening. The remainder of my newly acquired clothes had been left in the boot of the office car in the ‘Pay and Display’ car park nearby. I received a few curious sideways glances from one or two of Joan’s colleagues as I introduced myself to the receptionist and asked to see her. I assumed that they’d all heard about my exploits the previous Saturday and knew what was about to happen to me, but I was committed to going through with the plan and so there was no point in my worrying about what other people thought of me.

‘Come through to the back room and sit down, Mike,’ said Joan. ‘Before I start, there are just a couple of things that I need to say to you.’

I followed her instructions

‘From what I saw on Saturday you have the right build to make a convincing female ballroom dancer and the ability to dance well. I’ve worked with female impersonators in the past, but on this occasion it will be more a question of turning you into a convincing and attractive young woman than a traditional ‘drag queen’. I’ll be happy to make my contribution towards turning you into Michelle.’

‘Th-thank you,’ I said, unsure where the conversation was heading.

‘But I want to make it clear that we’ll be doing things properly this time. Do you understand?’

‘N-Not exactly. Y-You’d better explain,’ I replied.

‘As you will be undertaking some fairly energetic dances in the coming weeks we will need to sew your hair extensions securely on to braids in your hair rather than just clip them in place. Also, the "UV Top Coat" nail extensions that I use these days will not be removable without some trouble, until they’ve grown out. Rather than relying on the stick-on false eyelashes, I suggest we should lengthen your existing lashes with semi-permanent ones which will also stay in place for a few weeks until your existing lashes fall out. Finally, although I improved the shape of your eyebrows last Saturday, there’s still some work to be done on them if you are going to look your best. In other words, once I get started on turning you into Michelle, it isn’t going to be very easy for you to go back to looking like Mike for some time.’

‘A-a-as long as you don’t do anything that is irreversible.’

She laughed.

‘Don’t worry, I’m a beauty consultant not a plastic surgeon. We’ll be doing nothing that cannot be undone, but you must understand that you are going to be looking like a girl for the next few weeks irrespective of whatever you choose to wear. You will look like a girl when you’re dancing but also at home or at work. Do you understand?’

‘M-My mother and my work colleagues all know about Michelle and that I’ll be putting Mike into storage for a while.’

‘Good! In that case I’m sure we can do a convincing job in transforming you, but we also need to discuss your boobs.’

‘Wha-what about them?’

‘As a dancer you don’t want large breasts as they will impede your movement, but you do need to look like a woman and will be wearing a variety of different clothes. The silicon enhancers that you borrowed last Saturday were alright with that rather modest dress that you had on, but there will be other occasions when you will need something a little more secure and reliable so you can wear a lower neckline or a backless dress without it being obvious.’

‘What do you suggest?’

‘There are some breast forms on the market which look realistic and are stuck to your chest. They can be fixed quite securely and won’t be too obvious, particularly if you learn how to create the illusion of a cleavage and disguise the joins with makeup.’

‘H-How easy will they be to take off?’ I asked.

‘They are removable with care, by using a solvent. As dancing is a fairly energetic activity I recommend that you should renew the glue each weekend after you’ve had a practice or demonstration. I’ll show you how to do it.’

‘How much will they cost?’ I asked, unsure about who would be expected to pay for them.

‘They’re quite expensive, about  £150 to buy. I’ve discussed this with Sarah, and she and Rob are willing to meet the cost on the understanding that they are reimbursed from any profits that the Society makes from the training sessions.’

‘Alright then, go ahead, as long as I’m not expected to pay for them.’

‘I’ll measure you for them now and if we place an order straight away they should be delivered by the end of the week. In the meanwhile you can wear the existing breast enhancers.’

‘One other thing,’ I added. ‘Those clip-on earrings that I wore on Saturday were quite painful after a while; even if they did look good. May I pay you to pierce my ears?’

‘I was planning to do that anyway, and I’m sure that I can meet the cost of a pair of studs to keep the holes open. I’ll show you how to look after the holes so that they don’t become infected. You’ll have to manage with both the studs and the clip-ons for a little while but after a week or two you’ll be able to get yourself some nice earrings.’

‘W-will the holes in my ears be obvious when I got back to being Mike?’

‘No; they’ll probably close up once you stop wearing earrings regularly.’

‘Alright Joan, in that case you can go ahead and do your worst.’

‘Good, so get undressed as far as your shorts so we can measure you for your new boobs and I’ll make a start de-fuzzing your arms and legs.’

I did as I was told. After taking the required chest measurements Joan began inspecting my arms and legs for any sign of hair.

‘I-I think you’ll find them to be pretty smooth, I went over them with my mother’s razor last night once I’d knew that I would be dancing as Michelle again. I also borrowed her depilatory cream to use on my arm pits.’

‘Well that saves me a job. How about your chin?’ she asked, inspecting it carefully.

‘I’m quite lucky; I only need to shave once a week,’

‘Good, but it might be as well to shave more regularly, in future, just to be on the safe side.’

Joan showed me how to tape the breast enhancers in place so that once I’d put on a push-up bra I appeared to have a visible, although not particularly large cleavage.

‘Do you know how put your testes back into your body cavity so you can tuck your penis out of the way between your legs?’

‘N-No, is that going to hurt?’

‘I don’t believe so. I’m told that after you’ve done it a few times it will come easily to you. I’ll show you how to make a gaff to hold your penis out of the way without your having to use sticky tape,’ she said.

‘Go on then,’ I replied.

‘First of all you cut the feet off an old pair of socks to create a tube, and also cut the waistband off an old pair of tights. You then insert the waistband through the tube, and insert your legs through the resulting loops, but first of all we will need to go to the staff washroom and I’ll show you what to do with your testes.’

Ten minutes later we emerged from the washroom with me wearing a pair of elasticated panties over the home made gaff, which together gave no sign of any male organ underneath.

‘It feels a little unusual down there, but there’s no real discomfort. I guess that after a day or two dressed like this I’ll hardly notice,’ I said.

‘At least this way you should have no difficulty when you have to go to the toilet. Also, these gaffs are inexpensive to make yourself so you’ll be able to wear a clean one every day. You can now put on a camisole and I’ll loan you a dressing gown to wear whilst we fix your hair and makeup.’

By five thirty the last client had left the salon and the other assistants made their way to the backroom to collect their belongings before leaving. Joan had finished the braids in my hair and was beginning to sew on the swatches of shoulder-length natural hair extensions. I received a couple of compliments and nobody seemed to be particularly surprised to see what she was doing to me. I got the impression that they’d dealt with guys undergoing such a transition before.

‘When I’ve finished with your hair, we’ll go through to the main salon, and give you a style and also fix the extensions to your nails.’

~o~O~o~

By seven o’clock I possessed shoulder length hair, long manicured and polished finger nails, new studs in my ears and full eyelashes. We then stopped for a cup of coffee and for Joan to have a cigarette.

‘I’ll need to add some more shape to your eyebrows; after that we can make a start on your makeup,’ she commented, closely examining my face.

‘Will you be showing me how I need to fix my makeup for when I am dancing?’

‘I won’t have time to do so today; the best time to do that will be when you next go dancing. I’ll be around to help you on the Saturday afternoons until you are able manage by yourself. It is more important for you learn how to do your everyday makeup for the time being.’

‘You’re the expert,’ I replied.

‘You have nice facial features for a girl, but your eyes and lips are going to need greater definition to look their best. You should get used to wearing makeup and refreshing it from time to time during the day.’

‘Sarah showed me how to put on lipstick and mascara last week.’

‘That’s a start, but you’ll also need to learn about how to apply the right foundation to match your skin tone, and how to give more depth to your eyes using different eye shadows, and to emphasise them with eyeliner.’

‘My mother has also promised to help me until I’m able to cope by myself.’

‘Good, but you need to learn to do it for yourself and also to look after your hair as you won’t always be able to rely on other women to help.’

~o~O~o~

Joan certainly took her task seriously as my transformation and makeover eventually took nearly five hours to complete. It was 9.30 before she allowed me to put on Sarah’s dress and a pair of five inch heels, donated to me by Louise. I was then invited to look at myself in their full-length mirror.

‘So, what do you think, Michelle?’

‘I may be biased, but I believe that I look pretty good,’ I said.

‘So do I,’ she responded, smiling.

‘Thank you for all the time and effort you have devoted to me, so far.’

‘It has been my pleasure, but your part of the bargain is to complete those demonstrations for the Society. I’ll also be expecting you to maintain a high standard of personal grooming over the next few weeks, and will let you know if I think standards are being allowed to slip.’

‘I’ll do my best, and I’m sure that Sarah and my mother will also be keeping an eye on me.’

‘Good! I’ll see you again when your breast forms arrive. In the meanwhile, here’s a ‘goody bag’ containing some make-up samples and a few other items that you’re going to need over the next few weeks,’ she said handing me over a largish sponge bag.’

Everyone seemed to be keen to help Michelle adapt to her new life.

‘Thanks Joan, for everything,’ I said as I left the salon feeling like a new person.

~o~O~o~


Next time: Mum gets a little upset when she meets Michelle for the first time

Thanks to Bronwen for editing and to everyone else for comments and kudos which are always appreciated. I shall be overseas for the next two weeks and cannot promise when I will publish the next chapter, but will try to do so on 28 December. If I am unable to do so I will catch up as soon as possible after my return on 5 January. In the meanwhile, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all readers. Louise

up
230 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

For all of Mike's protests.....

D. Eden's picture

None of which seem to be very vehement, it is looking more and more like Michelle is here to stay. After being Michelle long term, will Mike be able to come back? Will Michelle even want Mike to come back?

I guess I'll just have to wait to see how Mike's mother reacts to seeing Michelle. I have the feeling that Michelle is going to be much more real than she had expected. Mom just might be the first to realize that Michelle is more real than Mike.

I'm loving this story and can't wait to see the next chapter.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Why would you tell your stylist

this

‘Alright Joan, in that case you can go ahead and do your worst.’

I realize it is the cliche, wen you feel defeated. But I would think they would want to say Do Your Best.

Really nice chapter, think it will be so very interesting over Michelle's next few months.

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Why we sometimes say what we don't mean ...

... There can be many different reasons why we sometimes say what we don't actually mean: sarcasm, innuendo, double-entendre but maybe in this instance Michelle is beginning to see the irony associated with her situation and is using the cliched phrase as a form of self-defence? In any event I am sure that both she and Joan realise what is really wanted.

Glad you are enjoying the story!

Regards

Louise

Michelle appears...

...but will it be Au revoir, Mike or Goodbye, Mike? :)

Even from the brief time Michelle appeared last, Mike found out that she could achieve more in dancing than he had, and there was also a tantalising glimpse the transformation may do wonders for the day job. Of course, Mike will convince himself this is only temporary, and may attempt to revert once the six weeks are over - but it's also possible that events will conspire to throw up opportunities for Michelle to hang around longer, and Mike will cave into the requests suspiciously quickly...


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Hi Louise!

Enjoy your trip hon and Merry Christmas! We'll all look forward to new chapters when you get back dear one. I think Michelle's Mom is going to be taken back by how beautiful Michelle can be and might fear losing her son. I guess we shall find out in do time. Loving Hugs Talia

nothing permanent?

maybe not technically, but a few weeks of looking like this are going to have a permanent effect on she sees herself ...

DogSig.png

A day of beauty

Now, after 5 hours with a pro, Joan should make Michelle gorgeous .
Let's see if mom has a stroke !

Cefin