The Beings Alike

Printer-friendly version

The Beings Alike

Merry Christmas my wide eyed friends.

~o~O~o~

It was last December when we first met. You seemed nice, like someone I could really be friends with. And alas that's what we became.

Together we shared a winter of constant fun and laughter - where before I could only find loneliness. My parents were happy that I was finally happy and that Christmas was more special than any before.

Through the months of Spring and Summer, I didn't see you. I don't know why. I just learned to accept it but never stopped thinking of you in the heat and despair.

Christmas Eve came back around and snow fall was beginning, a white Christmas was imminent and I spared a glance half anxious and half hopeful out of the window. The doorstep was graced by you, my only friend.

The smile was the same as I had reminisced about all year round.

"Mum, Mum! Look who's back!" I sang merrily while skipping your way.

She noticed the differences - you had changed somewhere along the line that year. Through the sight of a narrow eye, like my mother's, your change was wrong and our friendship was now wrong. To me it was nothing, to me that unchanging smile could weather anything.

I spent Christmas Day by your side, things may never be the same with my family again but its worth it to stand for what we had and now have. Skin is skin, my only friend, and snow is snow. Your form, though different now, is still made from what I learned to love.

So Merry Christmas, Mrs. Snowoman.

up
91 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Gee Mom, why the Frosty reception?

laika's picture

I'd love to see this as a short animated film. Hopefully mom will realize that their winter
visitor is the same jolly snowperson she'd been glad to have in her kid's life last year,
just rearranged slightly. Really cute story!
~holiday hugs, Veronica
.

(Ever see the film Jack Frost? I've only seen minutes of it here and there,
but now that is one creepifying snowman! More like something
out of a horror film than a Christmas movie...)

The Sequel was

The other animated snowmen movies of that series were horror film...

So, that is a very smart comment you made. Late but correct.

growingup.jpg
"Sometimes you need a little space to grow up or start over"- Me