In the Red

Printer-friendly version

You probably should read "In the Pink" first (click on the name).

In the Powell family kitchen.

Mrs J: I really like Paul’s outfit for his prom. Simple yet very, very elegant.

Mrs P (mother of the twins): Well, I decided to modify my “twins dress alike” rule just for today. It would have been cruel to have Paul wear that awful frilly pink dress that Pauline decided to wear, especially since Paul just hates pink. Besides, what girl would want to see someone else in the same dress at her prom?

Doorbell rings.

Mrs P (shouts upstairs): Paul, Pauline! Tom and Harry are here to pick you up!

Mrs J: Tom and Harry? Not Tom and Mary?

Mrs P: Paul’s girlfriend talked her brother at Princeton into escorting Paul to the prom. She just couldn’t stand being outshone. Paul is absolutely gorgeous in that red dress!

up
145 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So do I

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

And these ones haven’t been taken down as of this posting:

Nightbird performed by Stevie and Lori Nicks
Nightbird performed by Stevie and Lori Nicks

Both of these are from the same television special. According to Stevie, the red dress that Lori wears was custom-made for Stevie’s Whole Lotta Trouble video. Hopefully, these videos won’t be taken down for a while.

Another cutie

Jamie Lee's picture

Chuckled at the reason Paul's girlfriend didn't want to attend the prom.

Others have feelings too.

Not Nice of Mary

Daphne Xu's picture

That wasn't nice of Mary at all. Besides, I think she would have looked lovely in that Tuxedo.

-- Daphne Xu