The Omega Unicorn Chronicles Book 5 New Beginnings Ch. 17

Printer-friendly version

New Beginnings
Chapter 17

Written by rachel76m
Edited by Don Kaufman


avatar-yu-dao.jpg
Avatar-yu-dao-metal bending dojo.jpg
avatar-yu-dao-street.jpg

The list of characters mentioned in this story belong to the various authors that created them. This is a fan-fiction story.

~~~000~~~
During the night we all have peaceful dreams. Slowly, we hear some ‘knocks’ on the door while we slept. It slowly seeps into our minds that it is for real. I get out of bed and walk to the door. I still hear the ‘knocks’ on the door.

“Yes, who is it?”

“It’s the morning wake up call, sir. It is now sunrise.”

“Thank you, ma’am.”

“You’re welcome, sir.”

I turn around and walk back into the room. I sit on the edge of the bed. “All right family. It is now sunrise. Let’s get ourselves cleaned up and have breakfast.”

“Yes, father, mother, Omega.”

I get into bed with Brianna. She is still under the covers.

“I’m up, Richard. Let’s hope we get one of these mornings a chance to sleep another hour or two.”

She turns to me with a smile on her face. I smile back. Soon, we kiss each other several times.

“That should rev up your engines, Richard.”

I smile back, “It sure did, Brianna. I can’t wait for more of it later in the day.”

“We might be doing it in the steam room.”

“That’s fine, Bri. At least we’ll both be hot for each other.”

“You’re a silly boy, Richard.”

“Thank you, Bri. I’m still wild and crazy about you.”

“So am I. Come on, let’s get cleaned up and dressed. We’ll need to feed Robert this morning while we have our breakfast.”

“Father, do we need to put our boxes, bedrolls and pillows in the satchel?”

“I think you better, Tiger. If the maids come in to make our bed, they will be doing everything else here to tidy up. I am not leaving our valuables here. I will have them in our satchels while we are at the dojo. So, our clothes will stay here. Brianna will be taking Robert’s satchel. I will be taking your satchel as well, fairies.”

“That’s good, father. We’ll get it all put away in our satchel after we have our morning shower.”

The fairies quickly put their bedrolls, pillows and clothes’ boxes into the satchel. Then they have their morning breakfast of nuts, fruits and cups of honey-water. After that, they take their shower to get cleaned up. Once they are done with that, they take apart the shower set up and stow the pieces into their satchel.

Brianna and I take turns getting cleaned up as well. Fortunately we took a good bath yesterday. So, we feel pretty clean right now. We brush our teeth. Brianna puts some light makeup on to freshen up her face. She knows she will be sweating with me today. We then make sure the valuables are in Robert’s satchel and the fairies’ satchel. That would include the contact and light crystals for emergencies. The coin bag is in Robert’s satchel. We check again there is no valuables left in the room. We get dressed for the day. Once we get our multi-pocket coats on, the fairies quickly fly into the pockets and get comfortable. Soon, their heartbeats are in tune with ours. Brianna pushes Robert’s carriage out. I close the door as we leave. We walk to the eating area where we were for dinner yesterday.

The hostess smiles that we are ready for breakfast. She escorts us to a table. Robert’s carriage is pushed to a corner of the table. Brianna is on one side of the table. I am on the other side of Robert.

The hostess returns to the kitchen. She returns with a tray of hot jasmine tea and a ceramic tea pot. She places it on the table. She pours out the first two cups for us. She returns back to the kitchen to retrieve the rest of our morning meal.

She returns with a larger tray. She places two bowls of cooked grains, and two cups of fruit juice, and a small tray of four slices of toasted bread with a small jar of honey. There is a wooden stick in the jar of honey.

We each take turns having our morning breakfast while we feed Robert his morning breakfast. In case your wondering, it is typical baby food in a jar. This morning for Robert, it is creamed corn and applesauce. After that he will get his bottle of breast milk.

Nice thing about the bottle of breast milk. It will never run out. We set a spell on it to get the bottle refilled from our own refrigerator. It is always cool when it comes to us. It is easy for us to warm it up with our hands using our chi.

We get done in about three-quarters of a mark. The hostess informs it is a silver coin for each place setting. I reach into the satchel to remove two silver coins from the coin bag. I put them on the table.

“Thank you very much. It was very good to start the day that way.”

“Thank you, sir. We’ll see you later in the day.”

“We’ll see you then.”

I push Robert’s carriage out of the inn. We walk the streets and exit the front gate of the city. We walk around the walls to the Metal Bending Academy. I unlatch the basinet and place it on the ground. I fold up the carriage and hand it to Brianna. I pick up the basinet. As we ascend the white steps to the dojo, our fairies flutter out in butterfly mode. They drink the sweet nectar from the flowers along the way.

When we get up there, we see the three students and Toph waiting for us. But, we also see three new people as well, two men and a lady.

“Good morning, Toph. I see three new people here.”

“Yes, Richard. We have three new Earth Benders here. They want to learn how to metal bend as well.”

“Where should we start, Toph?”

“Behind this dojo is an outdoor area of dirt and rocks. We’ll start our morning practice there. I have some metal objects of different sizes there. We’ll see if you can bend the metal.”

“What about the subdivisions of Earth Bending? If I remember right, two of them are gems and sand.”

“We’ll get them covered during the next three days at least, Richard. Everyone, please follow me.”

We follow Toph around the back side of the dojo. We see a very large area of dirt, rocks and large boulders. We also see a family of badger-moles taking care of the area. As we walk down the hillside, they turn around to face us.

We welcome you, Omega. Your family will learn a lot from Toph.

Thank you, badgermoles.

We set up Robert’s carriage near the edge of the training field. The fairies and Brianna watch from there.

“All right, let’s see what we can do. Over here, there are various sizes of folded up thick sheets of metal. Unfold them and straighten them out. Then once they are straightened out, fold them up again. Richard, come with me. I want to see what you have learned so far in Earth Bending.”

“Okay, Toph.”

“All right, let’s get ourselves apart. Come and attack me.”

“Yes, Toph.” I walk from her until we are about two hundred feet apart. “Toph, I am going to be mixing it up with animal moves.”

“I expect nothing less, Richard.”

I turn and run to my right. After running fifty feet, I turn around and run the other way. Soon, I’m kicking a large amount of dirt that is floating in the air. Then I start running toward Toph. I create an elephant stampede!!

Soon, everyone stops what they are doing, they feel the ground shaking. “RRRR-UUUMM-MMBBB-BLLLEEE!!!!” “RRRR-UUUMM-MMBBB-BLLLEEE!!!!” Then from the cloud of dust appear ten dusty elephants running toward Toph.

Toph smiles, “That is very good, Richard.”

The elephant stampede bears down on Toph. She quickly erects a thick wall of dirt in front of her. The dusty elephants crash into the thick of wall of dirt and crumbles it quickly.

I stop the elephant stampede with all ten elephants looking down at Toph. I walk through the group of ten elephants to look at her.

“That’s very good, Richard. Let me see some more Earth Bending.”

“Yes, Toph.” I do an Elephant Stomp toward Toph. “STTOOOMMPP!!” I push my foot forward along the ground. Quickly, a three foot square pillar pushes out and up Toph, fifty feet high.

“That’s good, Richard. Do you know the seismic touch?”

“I do, Toph. I even used a blind fold to make sure I did it right and know where everything is at.”

“That’s good, Richard.” Toph taps the top of the square pillar I created. It immediately goes back down into the ground. “All right, use a blind fold, Richard.”

“Yes, Toph.” I take a large square cloth from the satchel. I hold out the satchel. Quickly four fairies take their satchel back to Brianna and Robert. I make a blind fold to cover my eyes. I reach down and touch the ground. I send a seismic wave in the ground to know where everyone is at. I sense the six students are behind Toph and to the right. I point them out. “The six students are behind you and to your right, Toph. Brianna and Robert are near the edge of the dirt field over there to my right.” I lift my right hand and point my index figner hand at them.

“That’s good, Richard. Okay, I will start off small and make it bigger each time. Defend yourself, Richard.”

I get into my horse stance. “Let’s do it, Toph.”

Toph concentrates on the ground. She kicks up a one foot round blob of dirt and rock. She sends it to me very fast right at my head.

I hear the air movement in my ears. I turn sideways to avoid the dirt and rock. It sails past me. I reach out to it with my hands. I grab it with my mind and hands. I bring it back and send it flying right at Toph.

She smiles again. She turns sideways a bit, the blob of dirt sails right past her head. “Oh, I am so loving this, Richard. Here comes the next attack.”

She extends her three fingers toward the ground. Quickly, three round pillars of dirt and rock quickly extend from the ground toward me.

I sense what is coming quickly. I do a quick double tiger arm and hand slash at the three pillars. “Rooaarrr!!” The pillars break apart quickly. “Crrrum-mm-bbbllee!!!” The pieces quickly fall to the ground.

“That’s good, Richard. What animal was that?”

“It was the tiger forearm slash, Toph. It is the strongest cat-type animal on Earth.

“Do you know how to do the Earth Wave?”

“I do, Toph. However, on our Earth, the Wave is really small.”

“I thought as much, Richard. Let’s see you do it here. It should be much larger here.”

“Yes, Toph.” I quickly blur my feet in the dirt to kick up the dirt. I quickly jump onto it. However, I find myself making a larger Earth Wave here. Here, it is about four feet high and five feet wide. I quickly keep my feet blurring to move the Earth mound underneath it. I move the Earth Wave all around the field area. I then come up to Toph. I point my finger at the dirt and move it upward two feet. I jump off the Earth wave and land on the small pillar. I step down from it and stand before Toph.

Toph smiles again, “That’s great, Richard. All right, let’s do some metal bending.”

I follow Toph back to the other students. I see in my mind, the students are slowly unfolding the thick pieces of sheet metal.

“All right, let’s see some metal bending, Richard. Start off with this coin, keep the blind fold on, Richard. I am putting it in your hand.”

I hold my palm out. She places the coin onto my palm. I concentrate on the metal coin. I sense some minute traces of raw ore in the metal. I focus on it to levitate the coin in the air. It slowly lifts up from my hand in the air. Soon, it quickly hovers in front of me.

“Now hold it, Richard. Here is another coin. Multi-task it while you keep the first one hovering in front of you.”

“Yes, Toph.”

Toph hands me another coin. I elevate the coin into the air. I keep the first one hovering in front of me. I use my right arm and hand to move the other coin around the field area. I bring it back and hover it front of Toph.”

“That is very good, Richard. I knew you can do it. All right take off the blind fold, Richard.”

I take off the blind fold and tuck the cloth into my belt.’

“Let’s see how the others doing with the thick sheets of metal.”

We walk over to the six students. We see some of them are getting it slowly unfolded.

“Keep at it, students. Reach into the metal with your mind. You try it, Richard.”

“Yes, Toph.” I pick up a two-foot round ball of folded sheet metal. I send a seismic touch into the metal. Quickly, I see the raw ore in the metal. I pull the first fold out. I increase my body strength by three unicorns. “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” Once it is extended I go for another fold. I pull it out slowly. “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” Slowly, I unfold the thick metal sheet. “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” I then fold back up the thick sheet of metal. “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” Once I am done with it. I place it on the ground.

I see the others are having a go at it. They are slowly unfolding thick sheets of metal. “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!”

“Toph, I would like to instruct my fairies and Brianna to learn the blue sash moves and do some Earth Bending.”

“That’s fine, Richard. You can go ahead and do that. Come on you Earth Benders, or should I call you lily-livers again!!! Come on!!! Unfold that thick sheet of metal!! Richard did it with no problems!! Use that Earth Bending strength to unfold it!! Use the seismic touch to sense the raw ores!! That’s it, unfold that sheet of metal!!”

They pick up the pace once they sense the raw ore in the metal. “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!” “Crrreeeeaakkk!!”

I walk toward Brianna, Robert and the fairies. We do a quick bow to each other. I show the next set of moves for the blue sash. This time, it involves in facing two opponents at the same time. Once they get the first move understood, they repeat the moves until they are comfortable with it.

They push against my hands as I reach out to them. Once that is accomplished, I show the next move. This is a defensive move against two attackers. They quickly understand the tactic that is involved.

“All right, now let’s try some Earth Bending with those two moves. Use only a hand size ball of dirt this time.”

They focus on the ground. They quickly bring up several hand size globs of dirt.

“Now do the same moves and send the dirt blobs toward me. I’ll keep them hovering in the air and send them back to you.”

“Okay, father, mother, Omega.”

They do the same moves just learned. Once they do the punch in the air, the blobs of dirt are being sent to me very fast. I keep them hovering in the air. “All right, here it comes. It will be one at a time. Use the defensive move to block it and keep the blobs of dirt hovering in the air.”

I send the first dirt blob toward Brianna. She reaches out to the dirt blob with her mind. She does the blocks precisely and keeps the blob of dirt hovering in the air.

I send the six blobs of dirt toward the fairies. Each pair of fairies quickly do the moves to block it before it reaches them. They keep the blobs of dirt hovering in the air.

“That’s great, everyone. Robert, let’s see what you can do with the dirt.”:

Robert smiles, he thinks really hard. He soon elevates a hand size blob of dirt from the ground.

“That’s great, Robert!!”

Robert lets go of the blob of dirt. It falls back to the ground. We hear him gurgling with laughter. “Giggle!!”

We get around Robert and congratulate him. “Way to go, Robert!!”

“All right, let’s incorporate some leg movements. Extend your senses through the legs to sense the Earth.”

I show them the next set of moves for the legs. They see it involves a sweep of the legs to get someone off balance while they attack another person.

They repeat the moves again. This time, there are blobs of dirt being kicked out from them toward the attacker, which is me. I keep the blobs of dirt hovering in the air once they reach me.

Then we hear Toph approaching us. “That’s very good, Richard. You are extending their senses to all parts of their body. It is just how the Water Bender does it. Okay, it is time for a lunch break. Did you bring any food with you?”

“We have some snacks in the satchel, Toph. For Brianna and me, we could eat something bigger. Is there a noodle wagon here?”

“There is, Richard. It also has a mix of vegetables and cooked fowl with it. We are going to it right now.”

“That’s fine, Toph. We’ll follow you. The fairies can be in butterfly mode and drink the nectar from the flowers along the way.”

“That’s good, Richard. Come let’s go into the city. We have an hour to eat the noon meal.”

I take apart Robert’s carriage like before. Brianna carries the carriage while I carry the basinet. Once we are down the other side of the dojo, we put it back together. We push Robert’s carriage. The fairies change into butterflies to drink the sweet nectar from the flowers.

We follow as a group into the city. Eventually, we see several noodle wagons on the side of the streets. We walk up to one. The owner smiles widely as we pay him a silver coin for each person. We are given a noodle box with vegetables and cooked fowl in it, plus some chop sticks. He also gives us a cup of warm jasmine tea. We gather around a portion of the sidewalk. Brianna and I take turns to feed Robert while we have our lunch.

“That’s amazing, Richard. Your child can even Earth Bend as well. How many elements can you bend so far?”

“Right now, it is just air, water and earth, Dark One. Once I get back to my world, I will be learning more dragon moves and the other animals for the sixth and seventh sash. Also, there will be more weapons to learn as well. It is during this time. I will learn the Fire Bending.”

“Has anyone been able to do those elements, Richard?”

“Right now, only the masters can create and do the element bending. It takes great concentration to get the air current off the fingers doing the crane wing slash.” I do a quick movement with right hand toward the street.

They see a ripple of air off my finger tips before it dissipates.

“I see, so it is greatly reduced in power. When do you think the magic will come back to your world, Richard?”

“I know it will happen within five years from now. There will be a stellar event from the future that I know about. When the Ethereal Space rocks splash into our oceans, it should be weak enough so that no blood bending will ever happen again.”

“That’s good, Richard. I think we all hate blood bending here.”

“I agree, Toph.”

Soon everyone agrees with Toph by nodding their heads up and down while they eat. We get done eating our lunch. We start heading back to the dojo.

“When we get back students, you will be focusing your minds on metal wire.”

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos