Losing Control and Hurtling Towards Heaven

Printer-friendly version

Losing Control and Hurtling Towards Heaven

"Pro..." the young girl placed a note down on a black tile in her kitchen. "... change is good."

"Con..." she placed another note on a corresponding white tile. "... change is also kind of bad."

A glance back at the preceding tiles satisfied her that there was no obvious answer, her brain rattling process was interrupted though by the extravagant entrance of her counter. "Sweet Jesus, what have you done to the Kitchen?"

"Just formulaically making a decision." She responded.

"Right, well I don't remember the Kitchen being this... hall-y?"

Taking an extended look back and forth, it was soon apparent to the girl that she had created more than just a little list.

"There's got to be like a million tiles in here!" He gestured to the palace that was their humble Kitchen.

"A million and one, actually..."

"Yeah well a million and one reasons to believe you tried. Now either make a freaking decision or go to bed!"

She raised a finger to argue a point but none came in to fruition and so found herself huffing and ascending the staircase like an infant.

Her counter watched her depart before grabbing a broom to begin the tedious clean up procedure. "You know its funny, she is insane and smart enough to defy physics like this and yet unable to really comprehended not the size of her list but its numerical content."

He stood above the million-and-oneth tile and picked up its tentatively placed scrap of paper. His smirk turned to shock.

'Because I can.'

up
105 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

NO WAIT ! Where is the rest of it?

I was all primed to be sitting here for the rest of the evening !

:(

It was just getting fun!

G

If Nadine ever has a daughter ...

If Nadine (from Elsbeth's "Numbers of the Beast") ever has a daughter, I'd expect her to grow up like this. But who would be the man in the story?

--- Martin