Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2136

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2136
by Angharad

Copyright © 2013 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

“That was an excellent lunch,” said Stephanie sipping a glass of elderflower pressé, which I’d made some weeks ago.

David had excelled himself making salmon fishcakes which melted in the mouth. The kids were all looking for more except Livvie who eats like a sparrow. Dessert, from which I abstained was fruit and ice cream. I simply watched the others eat and enjoy themselves while I drank my cup of tea.

Danni and her two friends asked to be excused and went off to play in her room, doing something on the computer, a few minutes later they called Trish and she went off to help them. They were all laughing, so I presumed they’d been harassing that horrible lout again. Stephanie agreed to see Cindy while she was with us, so I went to call her and also see what was going on. It appeared, the lad that Sammi got to alter the facebook page had superimposed a picture of him with his shirt up showing a pink sparkly thong and a tattoo of Tinkerbell on his right buttock. It was very cleverly done. The outline of a bra was also clearly visible through his shirt. It wasn’t so much a case of character assassination as wipe-out. They all thought it was funny, but I was concerned in case revenge became a motive, and who knows what a very angry teenager might do.

Then the laughter grew even louder and when I looked, there was a picture of the boy crying with mascara running down his face and the line, ‘My doctor says my peenie is too small to change into a vagina.’

After seeing this I sent Sammi a text to ask her to call off the dogs, the boy had suffered enough. She agreed to call her friend. A little later I caught Danni going into the loo and asked when the others were going. She told me that Cindy’s mum was coming about five when she finished work.

Stephanie had gone and Cindy was happy with everything. She was on a low dose hormone so her body was changing slightly but enough to keep her in roughly the same position as most of her contemporary school mates. That she was surviving in a girl’s school was seen as an affirmation that she was intent on staying as female, which the legal powers seem so worried about.

I could see their point, it would make loads of work if people popped back and fore into different roles in an official capacity. Having had surgery, I certainly wasn’t going to revert, nor did I think Julie or Trish would but you can never be certain what someone else will do, unless you have total control over them, and it has been known for people to revert after twenty years of living in the opposite role. I couldn’t understand why anyone should want to, but like I said, I had no idea what was going on in their heads.

Perhaps the screening needs to be tightened but how do you stop someone who knows all the rules of the game and all the right answers to the questions the professionals ask from going right through the system including all sorts of surgeries only to decide some while later they made a mistake?

So much of what is used to diagnose the individual is supplied by that individual, so it’s easy for them to mislead the experts. We self diagnose and present ourselves at the doctors and then expect them to sort us out–to legitimise what others might see as a bizarre desire to live as the opposite sex. Obviously, the earlier we start like Cindy or Trish, the better before masculinisation really gets going or the need for various plastic surgeries and the risk of them going wrong becomes necessary to help the patient pass as they desire.

So often the male to female look like men in dresses, and the female to male look very masculine but often quite short, the testosterone causing damage to the growth, which is crazy when you consider it doesn’t do so in biological males and the oestrogen doesn’t seem to stop MtF candidates growing in height either.

I spent time with Mima and Cate who wanted to alter some of their doll’s clothes, so my afternoon was based around needles and thread. We’d just finished when Brenda came to collect our two visitors, though she stayed for a cuppa telling us the traffic was appalling.

She saw what we’d been doing with the doll’s clothes and after admiring the alterations said she was hopeless at sewing so perhaps I could teach Cindy some of the basics. I almost had to bite my tongue before giving a non-committed answer.

“Doesn’t she do needlework in school?” I asked.

“No she gave that up to do extra English, she isn’t very good at English.”

“Oh,” I was surprised because Trish and Livvie both did sewing and quite enjoyed it but then they were rather clever little dicks, so wouldn’t need the extra English. I was rather glad she didn’t ask me to coach Cindy in that as well–I’d have refused.

She finally took them away about half-past five. As we were returning indoors from waving them off, Meems dropped me in it. “Mummy’s gonna help Cindy learn to sew.”

“Oh kewel,” declared Danni, “maybe I can learn at the same time.”

“I thought you did sewing in school?” even boys have to learn these days as basic skills lessons.

“Only to sew on a button or repair a hem.”

“Both of those can be very useful, and hemming really neatly is a real skill.”

“So you can show us how to do it then, I might make a skirt–I could do that couldn’t I, Mummy?”

“When are you going to wear it, darling?” I asked provoking some revelation of how often he was going to be dressing up.

“Oh, you know, when I change into Danielle,” she placed her hand on her chest and fluttered her eyelashes.

“And how often will that be?” I asked.

“You know, evenings and weekends.”

“What every weekend?”

“Is that a problem?” she asked defensively.

“It could be if you want to try for the school football team.”

“I’ll have to see how I feel, won’t I?”

“Hang on a minute, missy, not more than a day or two ago, you were talking about wanting to get back to playing football, now you’re talking of possibly dropping it. What’s going on–I thought football and cricket were your life?”

“I’ve moved on, that’s all, Mummy.”

“Moved on? From last week–I didn’t come doon the Clyde in a banana boat you know?”

Danni burst out laughing, “That is so funny, Mummy.”

“Look, I’m not stupid even if you think I am, now what made you change your mind?”

“I was chatting with Pia and Cindy and they said...”

I saw red. “I don’t care what they said, I’m only interested in what you want not what they want for you. Now, believe it or not, I don’t have a problem with you being a part-time girl, in fact, on the whole, your behaviour is much better – but, and it’s a big but – I’m only prepared to help you if it’s what you want not your friends who have entirely different agendas.”

“What d’you mean, different agendas?”

“They want different things out of life. Cindy obviously wants to become a woman and live accordingly, Pia–I don’t know what Pia wants, but that isn’t my problem, you missy, are. Now I want you to think carefully about what you answer to my next question, alright?”

“Yes, Mummy.”

“How much do you want to do as a girl?”

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
252 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hear, Hear, Her.

I'll just sit quietly with my ankles crossed, in the corner and watch this in amazement. :)

Gwendolyn

Talk about

grabbing a bull by its horns, Cathy is certainly not going easy on Danni.... But i wonder if she will get the answer that deep down she woud like to hear

Kirri

Great to have you back Angharad, Now i can enjoy my break knowing the Bike should be waiting for me when i come back in a few days time :)

It's the binary gender thing again.

Roll on the day when passports have three letters for gender namely F, M, and T (or X)... or better still no box at all for gender. The Australian government was reputed to be considering this but they may not now that a Conservative homophobe has won the election.

From the British government's social and taxation point of view it's only a bureaucratic construct anyway.

Frankly I don't see a need for gender to be entered on a birth certificate, there's almost no need for it anymore from the point of view of bureaucracy, societal rolls or legal entitlements. Just let the child chose their gender as and when they become conscious of it. The only reason we have gender on documents today is to give bureaucrats and statisticians jobs.

Though I suspect there would be the matter of educating parents.

Oh Ang, one small thing; one comes UP the Clyde on a Banana boat cos they're imported. (This I know cos I've done it.) LOLOL

Hugs and still lovin' it. See you at the Gabycon.

Bevs.

bev_1.jpg

I'll bet you have

Bev, I'll bet you have been up the Clyde and managed to paddle back.

Ang, That last question was definitely the big one. Many of us still don't know the answer. Thank you for continuing.

Much Love,

Valerie R

What a Simply Super Solution to All of It !!

Dear Beverly,

you are absolutely brilliant ! Just not having passports and credit cards and birth certificates and everything else indicate the gender of anybody, would solve almost everything. To begin with all the genders would have to be treated the same by authorities. Instant equality of the sexes, so to say ! Individuals who wanted or felt compelled to explore an alternative gender by dressing differently and acting differently, would just be able to do it and nobody would be able to stop them! All the fartarsing about and muttering excuses and painful delays about the "Harry Benjamin Rules" would have to stop because everyone could simply by-pass them. Confused teens or tweens could get started with swapping their clothes and games as fast as their parents would let them. All laws that differentiated people by gender would have to be deleted. Paying women less than men for the same work would have to stop. People would be able to fall in love and marry and divorce or just copulate with whomsoever they fell in love with and no interfering polizei or priests or uptight moral minority interfering busybodies would be able to do anything other than complain to each other in their own sect magazines or websites.

I wish I had thought of this ! It really would solve everything about gender differences and choices.

How do we start getting the laws changes, for real ?

I would normally end with "May you be blessed", but You already ARE Blessed, so thankyou will be enough I hope ?

Briar

Hi Briar.

This is really Ang's page so I'll PM a reply. I don't want to be seen as hi-jacking Ang's page. I'll PM you Briar. Bevs.

And sorry Ang, this should have been a PM issue, I didn't think it would go mini viral. Bevs.

bev_1.jpg

Danni is your typical indecisive teenager

And argumentative and stroppy. Mummy told me there'd be days like this; she just omitted to tell me that there'd be 365 in a year!

Great chapter Ang.

S.

Thanks so much for continuing

Thanks so much for continuing Bike, Angharad!

Kris

{I leave a trail of Kudos as I browse the site. Be careful where you step!}

Thank You Angharad

As others have said already, thanks for continuing with your story Ang. I completed my weekly catch up this morning and was somewhat bemused over the reactions to the storyline.

Cathy as a character is a woman. Her trials and tribulations in getting there are well documented. She believes in the binary gender roles, she has a husband and children. So yes she is struggling with someone who believes in a more fluid approach to gender roles.

I am, as always interested in where the storyline is heading and I am looking forward to finding out.

Thanks again Ang.

Love to all

Anne G.

poor Cathy

I get the feeling that Trish was easy compared to Danni. What's a caring mom to do?