Don't Blame Me I'm A Martian-31

Printer-friendly version

Don’t Blame Me I’m A Martian-31

Chapter 31

*Serra…………

My head is fuzzy and my lungs hurt.

Damned tranq-gas, it’s pretty strong stuff…it leaves this heavy burned feeling in my lungs like I was drinking and chain smoking all night.

Dylan…Stevie….

Okay, time to get up and get myself together.

I heave myself up and the guards move. My cell has motion detectors and they’re all nerved up and hate filled.

I’m this dangerous animal, a freak…I’m a Tuani and while female I’m more man than most of them here and that basic threat just gets them pissed off.

They’re wearing the helmets. They’re like a shield that makes electromagnetic interference that blurs then out except for the strongest things that they feel.

If I was Shuan like Stevie then maybe I could do more with that but I can’t so I’m working internally.

Yes I’m still working.

My people have a saying they even have it here knowledge is power. Home to really be a Tuani you need to study, learn and understand biology.

Especially your own.

It’s been so slow but it’s getting there. I’m recovering faster and faster from the stuff. Like most drugs and toxins over time people get a tolerance built up. Me I’m actively teaching that to my body.

Like I’m learning other tricks.

I might not be able to effect then, to nuance their feelings but I can and am getting better at feeling those helmet shields they’re wearing. I have been trying to reach through then long enough that it has become a sensation I’m used to.

I still really can’t feel them unless they’re spiking but I can feel that frizzle, so that means I’ll be able to track them and how they move.

The rest of it is meditation when I can and honing my skills my powers on the inside of me.

Like what?

Fat burning…we’re taught things like to try and alter our metabolisms and our circadian rhythms and stuff since we’re young.

But why fat burning? I need to get it down to where I can get a supply of it in my body charged if you will to burn off fast inside of me to keep me going when I make my move...fat’s a slow thing meant to let you survive in lean times I need to use my powers to try and make it work a lot more like a gas tank.

That’s really a lot harder than it even sounds.

I get up and stare at them all trying to put as much presence into that stare too. I want them unnerved, I want them to have a hard time looking me in the eyes and I want them to be scared of me.

Normally no, we try to stay under the radar absolutely as much as possible. But they’re not nice people…they make sure of that actually they hire from what I can tell some of the nastiest agents that they can find that make those bad guards down at Git-Mo look like pacifists.

Okay yes we know about that actually given computers and what we can do with leylines and things when we use our ways and technology we can tap into the planets and now these days thanks to the proliferation of cell towers and wireless we can tap into the internet and all the things that we need to while not actually being connected to it.

They’d have a bit more of a freak out with that little tidbit I think.

And no, I don’t know of anyone of my people that can do that cold. It takes things, loci and lacrima and things to focus and a leyline at the least to do that kind of thing.

Almost all of the Kini died making the crossing over.

I really, really wish that wasn’t the case…that some of that was still here, that I had a trace of it in my blood.

But life and what you wish for are very different things.

I look at each of my guards and I force a small smile of through the pain and I move like I’m not hurting all the way over to my bedroll futon thing on the floor and I sit down and I go cross legged and I stare at them.

Stare at them and I hit the floor…punching the concrete over and over staring.

Working.

Planning.

I will get out of here.

I will find my shuan my beloved and we will get out of here.

*Stevie…………

I wake feeling sick…too much too soon and it has just been piling up on me.

I roll over away from the wall and I just breathe the open air of the cell and look out through the glass at the guards that are there.

“Tommy can I get some Midol or something?”

The guard stops and he stares at me. “I’ll…I’ll ask.”

I sit and wait and wait until he comes back and Dr. Armbrewster is there with him.

“Good morning Number Six not felling well are we?”

“It’s Stevie Dr. Armbrewster please.”

“I think not.”

I sigh. “I don’t bite.”

“No you do much worse I’m afraid and I will not fall prey to being familiar with you Number Six.”

“Alright, hows Senator Dickenson is he in remission yet?”

“How did you?.....That’s classified.”

“Okay…I was just asking in case he needed another treatment.”

“You will treat only those people that we say that you can treat and when and how or you know what will happen.”

I sit up and regret it with the migraine that’s starting.

“Dr. Armbrewster I am a healer, I’m duty bound to do what I can to help people all people to the best of my ability threatening my people to get me to do it will not work.”

“It’s worked so far.”

I cross my arms under my breasts and stare at him. “It’s only worked because you’ve only brought me critically sick patients. By my own oaths I will do what I can to save them.”

“You and your people are dangerous manipulators and liars.”

“I do not lie.”

“That in itself is a lie Number six. You will not tell us where it is that you are hiding. A lie by omission is still a lie. If you have nothing to hide from us then why are you hiding.”

“Hitler and the Nazis said the same thing while seeking out the undesirables as they scoured Europe.”

“You know a lot about our history Number six.”

“I can read quite well Herr Doctor.”

“That’s not funny Number Six.”

“It amused me.”

“My point on your attitude, things will go a whole lot easier if you just co-operated.”

“I am co-operating; I’m helping the sick ones that you bring to me for healing. You might want to tell most of them to stop drinking and smoking and eating too excess and literally killing themselves and you might want to consider your own oaths as a doctor and if you cannot stop from playing your games with me and doing your tests then you could bring me some patients that actually deserve it.”

“I doing this for the good of my country, your people are a danger to it and one of them will break sooner or later.”

I laugh at him.

Ow…I shouldn’t have done that….the migraine spikes on me from doing that.

“That’s not funny Number Six.”

“It’s funny enough.”

“Why is it so funny?”

I look him in the eyes as best as I can with him wearing his dark goggles and all.

“My people do not give into terrorists.”

He looks angry and yet not as he takes a remote out and there’s a mist in my cell of water.

Oh hells.

His second touch of the remote and there are arcs of lightning like electricity coming off the floors and the walls and every thing and I’m too damp to be insulated by my bed roll.

Hurt…

I convulse and can taste some blood and feel my body convulse and twist as I scream.

And scream.

Now the bastard’s smiling.

up
152 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not a nice chapter.....

D. Eden's picture

I understand the point of it and how it fits into the story, but Dr. Mengele, I mean Armbruster, is the kind of person that should be locked up. How anyone can profess to be a man of science and do the things he obviously has done is sickening. The reference to Hitler is very apropos, and the thought that things like this might actually still be occurring in this country makes me want to throw up.

Yes, I know that many things were done in the past in the name of science that most of us find reprehensible, look at the treatment of blacks during the first half of the twentieth century, but the fact that they might still be going on makes me remember the part of my oath that I swore to protect my country from ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC. These people don't deserve to be allowed to call themselves citizens of this country, or any other civilized country.

I would hope that as our society has progressed we, at least most of us, have moved beyond this. The thought that this man might be a medical doctor and thus violating his most sacred oath, the Hypocratic Oath, makes it even more bothersome.

I truly can't wait to see these people get their comeuppance. Hopefully that will be forthcoming very soon.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

There is evil afoot in a lot of places.

And honestly with a situation like this with altered/cross gendered people with powers...I can see the hate going ballistic even if hushed behind closed doors.

There will be more on Serra and Stevie.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Tough

Chapter to read, but unfortunately it feels true. It follows a similar line of thought for a story I've been working on off and on Since I believe it is very possible for the nutcases that run our government to react this way. Let's say it together girls, Xenophobia!

I'm wondering and yet afraid of where these two story lines meet. This is going to get very unpleasant before it gets better.

hugs
Grover

Now for something

Completely expected but still shocked by. In so many ways this answers some of the questions I was going to ask you, and fills in the blanks of some necessary knowledge.

Why do people willingly give up there humanity to misbehave like no animal could. It is the question that has escaped me all these years. How could they? is the question that got me stranded here until I found the answer. Even the greatest minds of the wisest of races could not suss it out.

Great chapter. disturbing but great. Is the use of number 6 not by chance.?

Huggles and love.

Michele

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

Nope number 6 was on purpose.

I was trotting out little bits of nasty in the story and it seems to have worked pretty well and it gave a lot of definition to both Serra and Stevie.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Still Feeling the Love

terrynaut's picture

I'm still loving this story but this chapter got me riled! Grrrrrrr!! I'll be looking forward to seeing justice/karma served.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Justice will be served.

There will be a reckoning when Serra gets loose.
*Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

I know it a story and all

but I couldn't bring my self to press the like button. This was a vary dark chapter and needed some balance.

----------
Jenna

That's totally fine.

Different people comment and kudo? To different standards. Thanks for commenting though it was meant to be really dark almost horror like.
*Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Tough

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Ouch. These are not people we want near Dylan!! A good (if plausibly tough) chapter and I guess one needed to emphasise the contrasting decency of Dylan's family given what is to come.

Still enjoying the story Bailey.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

the rats

always hide in the dark corners and scurry along the fringes of things. hopefully the light will expose them so they can be shot.
tough chapter, thanks