Easy As Falling Off A Bike part 90

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Off A Bike.
by Angharad & Bonzi (The Killer)Cat.
part 90 (How the hell has it got to be this long?).

I awoke hearing someone snoring, for a moment it startled me. I felt a moment of panic, wondering where the hell I was and more importantly whose body was draped around mine, snoring? Then as my mind began to function a little more, I remembered last night.

Moving my head a little I could see the time on my watch, it was after seven and getting light. I wasn't really sure how I felt about everything that had happened and I took a few moments to think about how I might respond to those events.

How on earth did I allow Simon to sleep with me, and more importantly, why? That was suicidal and very stupid. He's going to be thinking that before too long my celibacy will waver and then... and then, it will really hit the fan!

Did I really go off on one about hunting? Probably, it's my bete noir, I despise it with a capital D. He said he used to do it, the operative word being used rather than does. Maybe I could live with that. Did I really suggest shooting everything? Okay so I'm a closet fascist, a socialist one, yeah I know so were the Nazis. I felt myself blushing, how can I expect tolerance if I don't show any? 'Cos the little furry things don't have much say in the matter. It still annoyed me faster than anything short of abuse of humans. I listed pedophiles as predators like hunters, they simply had a different prey item in mind. Maybe I had a problem with predators or just predatory men? Maybe just men? Oh this was messing with my head and I needed a cuppa. Simon might be Mr Lovely, but I needed a cuppa away from his rendition of Rule Britannia.

I slipped out of bed, he snorted a couple of times but then back to his recital. I closed the door quietly and hurried down the stairs.
In the kitchen I bumped into Professor Agnew. "Good morning young lady, I trust you slept well?"

"Fine thank you, but I'm gasping for a cuppa." I wasn't going to give him any more information than that, but the smirk on his face meant he was already guessing at possible scenarios.

He switched on the kettle and showed me where he kept the tea, teapot and cups. The fridge was self evident, making its whirring noises every so often. A short while later I was sat opposite him at the kitchen table sipping my tea, it is a truly sensual experience, that first cup. I followed it with a second.

"Not taking your lover any?" asked the professor.

"He was still shattered when I left him." I commented and let him make what he wanted from it.

"You were very quiet," he mused, his eyes dancing.

"Well Simon is a real gentleman and I was always told it's rude to speak with your mouth full." Where did that come from? I felt myself getting very red.

Prof Agnew nearly choked on his toast. When he could speak again, he laughed and said, "That is a very old joke Cathy."

"So, I'm a woman, they aren't as good at telling jokes as men."

"If the stereotype is anything to go by, personally I don't think it is. Thank you for your impromptu hostessing last night, you made quite a hit with the boys."

"All blind are they?" I said dismissively, "and as for the posters and leaflet thingy, that was preposterous. I'm a scientist not a model."

"It would be better if the poster reflected a real person working with the project."

"So why can't you appear on it instead of me?"

"Because I'm old and ugly and you're young and beautiful."

"That is very sexist." I offered huffily, not believing I was pretty enough for his posters nor that they should be selling sex, if I was.

"The world is sexist, controlled by men using and abusing women. It's a fact of life. However, we need to compromise in order to get what we want. I'm not here to save mankind, that's for the priests and the philosophers. I'm here to supervise a scientific project which I hope might just protect some of our native species being destroyed to the point of extinction. I thought that was your priority too, and while we do it, getting you a PhD."

"The dormice come first," I protested.

"Look you silly girl, it's inclusive not exclusive, they should both happen. What happened last night, did he shag all your brains out?"

"I beg your pardon?" I said in high dudgeon, "he did no such thing. We might have slept together, but that is all we did!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that, it's just you don't seem to be very with it this morning."

"Oh," I said glaring at him, "that wasn't how I received it."

"So I see. Has he worked it out yet?"

"What?"

"Your little imperfection?"

"I don't know, would you?" I stood up and lifted the tee shirt showing the little cleft in the front of my knickers.

"I don't think I would," he said shaking his head.

"I think we're in danger of crossing some boundaries here Prof, so can we get back to me student you teacher?"

"Yes you're right Cathy, it's just you are so damn pretty, every one of those buggers went off with a lump in his pants thinking about you last night."

"What!" I nearly died of shame. "That is ridiculous." If I had blushed any redder, it would have stopped the traffic.

"You haven't had much experience yet Cathy, nor been able to accept what you have become. Once you do, no man will be safe from your glance, they will die just to get a smile from you."

"Professor Agnew, stop this immediately, it is stuff and nonsense, and is embarrassing me."

"Okay, but when we do some mock ups for the posters, you will understand why I want you and one of those furry vermin you love so much, on the cover. You are both photogenic."

"But it's such nonsense."

"Of course it is, but we need the funding and our sponsors need to get what they want out of it."

"That's prostitution!"

"Welcome to the real world Cathy."

"How dare you call my dormice vermin!"

"Only joking girl, God but you're beautiful when you're angry."

"Look here you dirty old man, I thought we'd moved beyond that and were discussing the project?"

"You remind me so much of my wife."

"Professor Agnew, please get a grip on yourself!" I suddenly saw a double entendre there and blushed again. "I'd better take Simon some coffee," I said as I poured him a cup and went back up to the bedroom.

"I've brought you some coffee," I said to an empty bed. Then I heard the shower running. I walked into the bathroom and repeated my statement.

"Thanks!" Came back from the shadow in the shower.

I sat on the bed thinking how I could wear a smart dress home mid morning and if only I'd known I could have packed a few things to change into. I spied Simon's clothes on the end of the bed. I picked up his shirt and was busy sniffing it when he walked into the bedroom.

"I erm..it fell off the bed and I was just picking it up."

"Really?" he said smiling, I felt s sudden attack of shame.

"Nice deodorant, must get some for my dad." I lied and blushed, this multi-tasking was getting easier.

"I'll get you some," he winked back at me.

I sat there clutching his shirt while he stood wrapped in a towel watching me. Part of me wanted to rush over and pull off the towel but another was terrified of where that could lead, ultimately I felt to rejection. Part of me wanted him so badly, why couldn't this have happened a year from now, when I might have been as female as I could get? I felt sick.

up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Lovesick, That Is

Oh, dear. The lass has got it really bad!

Thanks

Nothing profound or earth shattering.
Just enjoying the story.
Thank you.

Oh, Cathy!

Old jokes from a new girl. She's got it bad but that may be good. However, she's got a ways to go in wordplay; oh, and also in the realities of advertising and feeding at the public trough. She'll learn that people who receive public funding will do things that would make a prostitute blush.

Karen J.

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way."

College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Can't help

Myself but imagine how those covers with Cathy and her furry ones would look. She has come so far but has so far yet to go. Pippa said it. Cathy has it really bad and I don't think Simon has it much better.
A great chapter
hugs!
grover

This calls for Heather Rose Brown

Hey, if we're all picturing it, I can't think of another artist that would be more awesome at capturing Cathy and some dormice.
Edeyn Hannah Blackeney
Wasn't it Jim Henson who said, "Without faith, I am nothing," after all? Wait, no, that was God. Sorry, common mistake...

Sometimes imagination is better

I know who A had in mind when she wrote this, or at least what she told me. I think we are better off leaving Cathy's appearance to the reader's imagination! ;)

Karen J.

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way."

College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

generally speaking

The imagination is better. When a writer can spark the imagination of an reader it fires up the personal preferences of that reader. With a picture we left with that of the artist or photographer (NOT to suggest that they themselves are not artists). Regardless I know "A" certainly fired up mine.

What did I see? Well a professional dressed for field work, but still clearly a trim healthy woman. Perhaps with her pointing out the furry little critters or maybe holding one. (Don't know enough about the subject to say which would be the more likely)The most important part of the poster is the framing of her face to catch the passion and fire in her eyes.

I'm sure everyone saw something different, that's what imagination is all about! :)
Hugs!
grover

Um, this could get very strange

Hum, the cover/promo photos?

Like the album Fur by Jane Weidlin of GoGos fame but with live doormice vs live bunnies covering up her sexily reclined *vitals*? Or Cathy kissing a doormouse in a pose that shows lots of her growing clevage, Cathy's that is.

Girl, get your plumbing sorted out and fast or this will all come-a-cropper as the Brits would say.

Great story. Keep her to the imagiation, but a picture of her bike and a doormouse? Sort of like at the end of the film version of The Mouse thet Roared?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

hunting

I used to hunt, but decided I didn't want to kill animals anymore. Still kill paper targets though.
How do you sleep with a beautiful woman and not have something rise to the occasion, let alone discover a glue job. I guess we'll have the answer in 500 chapters. Does anyone else want to go to the end and peek??

Cefin