KAIJU

Printer-friendly version
KAIJU

Kaiju.
Not so much a joke anymore.
It used to be Kaiju was a generic name from Japanese Anime meaning humanoid Godzilla (Gojira) style mutants.
Fantasy Art websites would draw sexy female anime style monsters.
What no one realized was that the entire Kaiju phenomenon was a case of premonition.
2017
That was the year earth was hit by a series of meteor showers. The meteor showers lasted several months.
2018
The first confirmed reports of genetic alterations occurring in lower life-forms. The life cycle of many marine creatures was speeding up.
2018
First evidence of alien DNA from the meteor showers. Earth was being planoformed to an alien blueprint.
2018
Mass deaths of the immune compromised and first evidence of genetic alterations in higher lifeform's(humans).
The people affected were; those people with depressed immune systems. Immune compromised like those with HIV died. Those with medically depressed or suppressed immune systems were affected and changed.
70% Died
20% Changed into non-sentient human sized monsters.
7% Became animalistic Gojira
3% Became Kaiju
Guess who was in the last group.

* * *

The Authorities had developed a procedure for the infected.
Because so many of the changed were literal monsters it was no longer safe to monitor them.
After the infection started the transformation individuals would grow an organic cocoon. Attempts had been made to cure the infected but the cocoon had amazing biological defences. Attempts by various militaries to destroy the cocoons resulted in the cocoons releasing poison gasses.
Therefore the militaries of the world had started shipping any cocoon found to the oceans.
Eventually after doing this for a time the first Kaiju started appearing. After contact was made certain things were learnt.
The Kaiju were the highest lifeform of the world that they came from. Sentient and possessing of a highly developed biological memory.
The biological changes made by the planoforming process had not been meant for an occupied planet. The Kaiju were in the process of stopping the changes, unfortunately the process had almost completed in the oceans.
The merging of pure kaiju and human DNA had created humanoid kaiju. Pure Kaiju DNA was the Gojira monsters.
Gojiro monsters were where alien DNA had totally overwritten Human DNA. Gojiro monsters would want the planet forming to continue. Kaiju who were a mixture and humanoid in shape would have to fight the Gojira.

* * *

I fell ill in 2018.
After seeing scales I realized I had become infected, I contacted the authorities.
They monitored me until I fell into a coma and grew my cocoon, then they shipped me to the oceans.
I awoke.
It was not like being reborn.
It WAS being reborn.
I tore my cocoon.
Breathing water was no problem, I had been breathing fluid in the cocoon.
My new body was not a shock as my new genetic memory helped. Being female was, I had become a 'GINA'.
Almost absently I swam using my tail. The ocean floor was littered with growths.
Without even thinking about it I slashed out with a clawed hand grabbing one and stuffing it into my maw, I was starving.
Half an hour later I was stuffed and the ocean floor around my cocoon was denuded of the growths. My new memory told me that the deep roots were unaffected and they would quickly recover.
I headed back to my cocoon and slept.
That was the routine for nearly 20 days. Then on the 20th I awoke.
I woke and stretched, then grinned, the spines on my back, small though they were, were at last big enough for me to start tapping the earths planetary magnetic field. From now on I would not need to eat more than once every 3 months unless injured.
I turned to my cocoon.
My new memories told me what to do.
I ate it.
Eating the cocoon triggered a series of chemical changes in my body. I was now a mature female Kaiju.

* * *

There was one last thing to do.
Attached to my cocoon had been a medicine ball sized device, in my hands it was marble sized. On the device was a single feature, a button, I pressed it.
The humans now knew that there was one more kaiju in the world.

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

nice

revolution's picture

Nice story.

Kaiju

An interesting start.

Just a quickie I couldn't get

Just a quickie I couldn't get out of my head. Stupid Muse. At least now I can get back to doing my other stuff.

AMPWS

Ps
If you want it you can have it.