Choices -- Chapters 13, 14 & 15

Printer-friendly version

Choices

by M.N. Thomas

edited by Bill Durr and Tom Peashey

Choices

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

oh .... boy

so much in this chapter. heartache, near rape, maybe a professional who can help, and a health crisis.

poor tiff has really been through the wringer, hasnt she?

DogSig.png

Rick...

...is night and day different from tims first impression of him. I can't say I disagree with his method. From his perspective, you can't be sure if Tim is even stable let alone serious about (being) tiffany. Tim himself says he doesn't know. Rick is most likely trying to get an insight as to the credibility and viability of Tiffany and if he can't be sure about it then he certainly shouldn't be engaging in another persons (self) delusion.

This is perhaps your best story yet

Tiffany is so beautifully realized in all her confusion, her tentative seeking that place of comfort. And Rick is just so realistic in his reactions. If Tim hadn't been such a good friend, so perfect a complement to his self, Rick would never have contemplated what to him is an unexplainable road to travel. Hence his need of counseling. His own place of comfort.

And now Tiffany's health issues have come to a head. It took her use of hormones to bring forward her own biology to a point it could no longer be hidden, or survived, if not dealt with.

I have a feeling that Tiffany will still need the good doctors' help to come to grips with the sea change in her self image. While many of us in this community dream of such a magical transformation, few would do so without needing help in re-balancing a self-image that had taken such an abrupt, if desired, turn.

SuZie

Very emotional

Pamreed's picture

I know this is a story and Tiffany will likely be alright!!
But that doesn't stop my emotions welling up and wanting to hug
her and tell her everything will be alright!! It can be very
lonely being a trans-woman!! Being true to yourself can
alienate a lot of people. Especially someone who you care about!!
In my mind I know Rick will likely be there for Tiffany, but in my
heart there is this fear of another rejection!! OK I am crying!!
Knowing the fear that Tiffany is going through trying to accept
herself and the struggles to get to be herself!! I have also
suffered through a physical attack. I also did not let the people
who rescued me call the police. I was too frightened of what they
would do to me, blaming me for the attack. Thank you Melodie for
this very good story which at times feels like mine!!

Pamela

So I’ve been a boy and I’ve been a girl and, trust me, being a girl is better

People who care...

...should often ignore the victims plea to retreat. That is why there are laws on the books allowing cops to bring charges even against the will of the victim. With a submissive personality comes an overwhelming desire to retreat and disappear but if you do that you essentially allow criminals liscense to continue unabated.

I know

Pamreed's picture

My attack happened in 1998, things were quite a bit different then!!
Today, I would not hesitate to call the police!!