Two Simple Wishes

Printer-friendly version

Two Simple Wishes
by Ellie Dauber (c) 2000.

This story is set in the same universe as my story "A Simple Wish." Is it a new universe? No, unless I write a few more such stories.

As you can see from the copyright, this was written some time ago. It's a gargoyle written as a rest and while I was working on "A Punk's Story." Sometimes, when I'm stuck in working out one story, I get the idea for another and use that as a sort of mental refresher. Other times, a new story idea gets stuck in my mind, and I can't get back to the piece I was working on until I write the newer one.

This is the tale of two childhood friends who drifted apart after the boy got a lot luckier in the lottery pool that is puberty than his female friend. The boy's father manipulates them but together, but it does manage to work out.

Two Simple Wishes
by Ellie Dauber (c) 2000

"Oh, Reg, this park is so romantic." Kathy Thomason looked up at her escort, Reg Harman, and sighed. She'd had a crush on Reg since they were in grade school together. They'd been friends back then, but he'd all but ignored her in the years since.

Then, out of nowhere, he'd called and invited her to join him for a picnic in the park. She had other plans; a term paper for Honors English was due in three days, but that could wait. Anything could wait if she was going on a picnic with Reg.

She smiled and leaned on his arm. He was almost a foot taller than her own 5 foot 4 frame, and most of it was muscle. Reg wasn't very smart, but he was a three-letter man: football, basketball, and track, and among the most popular boys in school. 'Among the most handsome, too,' she thought.

Kathy, on the other hand, had few friends. Smart girls didn't, unless they had a fashion sense, or were pretty, or had learned how to hide their brains inside their bras. Her family had money, but she wasn't about to buy herself any friends. The cost -- the real cost -- was much too high.

"Let's go down this way," Reg said, turning down a narrow trail Kathy didn't recognize. 'That was close,' he thought. He's seen a couple of guys from school up ahead. The last thing that he wanted was to be seen with "Stick" Thomason. She wasn't really a bad kid, but he didn't want anybody to think he was desperate enough to actually be interested in her.

"Stick" was a skinny runt, with the figure of a twelve-year old. She still wore her hair in braids, for Pete's sake, and she dressed like something from one of those 50s sitcoms they showed on Nick At Night. He was only doing this for his dad.

* * * * *

Jared Harman was trying to leverage a major loan from the Citizen's Commerce Bank, Andrew Thomason President. Thomason wasn't as eager to make the loan as Harman would have liked. So Harman tried to "schmooze" by reminding Thomason how long their families had been friends.

"That's right," Mr. Thomason said. "Why your son and my daughter used to be great friends."

"I'm sure that they still are," Mr. Harman said. "Why my Reg was just talking about your Kar... Kathy just the other day."

"Really? I don't remember her mentioning him for some time now."

"Yes, well, umm, Reg was saying that he hadn't seen your Kathy in a while, and that he was thinking about taking her out to catch up on old times."

"I think that she'd like that. You tell him to call over the weekend. We have a meeting next Thursday. They can catch up on old times, and we can finalize that loan." Nothing more was said, but the implication was real: no date, no loan."

It took two days of arguing for Harman to get Reg to agree to the date. Reg was sympathetic to his father's problem, but date "The Stick"? He'd be a laughing stock if anybody saw them together.

Eventually, Reg was willing to risk being a laughing stock. He changed his mind the minute his father put the plane ticket to Vail and the faxed hotel and ski lift reservations on the table. Visions of a Christmas break with deep powder slopes by day and snow bunnies in a hot tub at night made him a lot more receptive to his father's point of view.

* * * * *

Reg looked around as they walked down the path, Kathy still on his arm. "I don't remember ever seeing this trail, Kathy. Do you?"

She looked around. "No, and we played in this park all the time when we were kids. Remember?"

"Yeah, I do." He felt a little guilty about how he must be leading her on. "Maybe they put it in last year, when they planted all those trees."

"I guess. So tell me, Reg, why did you actually call me up and invite me on this picnic?"

"I, umm, I just thought I -- I mean, umm, we could catch up on old times."

"Right, and I'm going to be homecoming queen next fall. C'mon, for the sake of our old friendship, please tell me the truth."

"That is the truth. Honest.

"Say 'Honest, Pocohontest', and I'll believe you, Reg." It was a game they had made up when they were seven. It meant that they were absolutely telling the truth to one another as best friends.

Reg had been thinking about sailing down the slope at Vail. Now he felt like he'd hit a tree at 80 miles an hour. Okay, she wasn't popular, and she wasn't much to look at, but "The Stick" -- Kathy -- had been his best friend once. "I -- Kathy, I can't. My dad put me up to it. He's trying to cut a deal with your dad's bank, and your dad made it a condition of the loan."

"My dad -- My dad had to b-bribe someb-body to g-get me a d-date?" She was sobbing. "Am I... Am I really th-that h-horrible?"

"No, it's just -- well, you're not exactly the sort of girl I usually date. Look, I'm sorry. If you want, I'll take you home right now."

"No, no. I'm okay, I guess. I knew this date wasn't on the level, but I wanted so badly to be like all the other girls, even if it was rigged. Could we at least be friends?"

"I guess so, and I am sorry that I hurt you."

They walked further down the path, neither saying a word. It was quiet. There was no one else around, and they could barely hear the noises from the rest of the park. The path curved a bit, then ended at an old brick well. Most of the path was thickly bordered with trees on both sides, but there was a small clearing with a table near the well.

Reg put the picnic basket, he was carrying, on the table and began to unpack it, while Kathy wandered over to look at the well. "Hey, Reg," she called over, "it's a wishing well."

Reg walked over to her. "Yeah; the sign says any money tossed in goes to the city orphanage. I hear they're trying to raise some money right now to buy sports equipment for the kids." He dug into his pocket and pulled out a couple of quarters.

"Sounds like a good cause to me," Kathy said. She opened her purse and took out some change. "What'll we wish for?"

"Shh! Don't tell or the wish won't be granted."

They both closed their eyes and tossed the money into the old brick well.

'I wish Kathy was sexier,' Reg thought, still feeling guilty for what he had done to her.

"I wish Reg could really love me for myself," Kathy thought, "the way I love him."

* * * * *

An unselfish wish from a selfish boy and a wish for a requiting of unrequited love, the Powers that Ruled the Well chose to grant the wishes, but in their own way.

Kathy felt and odd tingle and looked down and saw that she was growing taller, more muscular. There was hair on her now tanned arms and legs. Her shoulders grew broader. Her small A-cup breasts flattened out into hard pectoral muscles. Her waist thickened, and she lost the soft feminine curve to her hips. The muscles corded on her legs. She looked down and saw something else, something growing pushing out her panties, pushing out the front of her dress. Her -- no, his erection, if he'd measured it, was over eight inches long.

Kathy now had a square manly jaw with just a trace of stubble. His nose was a bit larger, and his eyebrows had grown bushy. The mousy brown hair that had hung down to her shoulders was now a mass of dark brown hair in a razor cut that made him look even more rugged.

Her clothes had merely altered in size to fit his new body, but now they began to change. Sandals lost their heels and thickened into a pair of cross-trainers. His dress stretched down to his ankles before it separated to become a pair of boy's jeans. His cotton panties grew a slit as they transformed into a pair of boxers. His blouse reworked itself into a masculine cut, while the now-unnecessary bra became an undershirt. His earrings popped out of his ears and disappeared even as the piercings healed shut with no scar. Finally, the small amount of make-up he still wore faded as if it were erased.

Kathy Thomason had never been born. Keith Thomason stood where she had been a few minutes before, flexing his new muscles and reveling in the feeling of strength it gave him.

Reg Harman felt a fluttering in his stomach. Gosh, Keith was a real hunk. He shuddered at the thought, fearing that the magic that had changed the girl had somehow made him gay.

There was suddenly a tingling in his fingers that seemed to spread out rapidly through Reg's body. He looked down at his hands as they shrank in size, becoming small and delicate with long tapering fingers. Fingers whose nails grew a half-inch as a layer of pale pink polish appeared on them.

The hair dropped off his arms even as they became more slender, losing muscle mass that was vanishing or changing to a layer of fat. His entire body was thinner. He was shorter, too; much shorter. He actually had to look up at Keith now.

He felt a pressure on his chest, and when he looked down, he saw two mounds slowly inflate. His nipples, erect from his fear at the transformation, were now atop two tiny bumps beneath his T-shirt. That shirt was pushed out as C-cup breasts formed underneath. His waist grew narrow as his hips widened. His new figure stretched out his jeans as the curves of a woman formed.

Slender hands darted into his jeans and found his erection. Then they felt it slowly seem to melt away at his touch. In a moment, there was nothing left but a very sensitive vertical slit.

His face narrowed as his -- no, her -- jaw shrank. Her nose shrank, as well, gaining a pert upturn. Her eyebrows narrowed to thin trails of hair. Her own light brown hair grew longer now and curlier, with blonde highlights appearing as it became a mass of tight curls that reached just below her neck. The earrings that Kathy had worn now graced Reg’s newly pierced earlobes.

Her undershirt shrank down into a satiny bra that gave welcome support to her breasts, while her T-shirt changed from dark blue to a light pink. The collar widened a bit as a lacy trim appeared. Her jeans fused together and rose quickly up her legs to become a red skirt that stopped well above the knee. The briefs underneath reformed into a panty that matched her new bra. Her well-tanned legs needed no stockings, so her socks disappeared as her sneakers changed into a pair of strap sandals with a one-inch heel.

Rachel Harman knew, as Keith did, who they had been, but their old lives seemed unimportant now. It was as if they were the lives of two other people whom they had read about in some book.

Rachel smiled as she watched her boyfriend, Keith, stare at her pretty body. She felt her nipples tingling and she posed for him, turning this way and that, trying to look pretty, to look seductive.

Keith was the prize of the school, fullback on the football team, captain of the swim team, and, with it all, he had the fifth highest average in their class. She was junior class captain of the cheerleaders. They'd been friends since kindergarten and had been dating for more than two years.

And now his father was giving her dad the loan that was needed to expand their family business. Rachel was sure the project would be a big success. There'd be more than enough money for the big wedding they were planning for the week after they graduated. 'True love,' she thought. 'We were made for each other. He's everything I could ever wish for.'

up
110 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Simple but good

What's here is good. Simpler than some of your stories, but you're up front about that.

I think you cut off the last couple of letters at the end, by the way.

Thanks,

titania.jpg

Titania

Lord, what fools these mortals be!

Sweet

...and simple.
Joanna

Fun story

I love these stories!

Happy