Choices -- Chapters 2 & 3

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Caution: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

TG Themes: 

Permission: 

Choices

by M.N. Thomas

Edited by Bill Durr and Tom Peashey

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

losing your first love

ah... so .... painful ....

good writing, though.

DogSig.png

Have you ever...

...really thought about the classic response people give when you deny what they suspect to be true? 'A classic case of denial', they say. Denial is only a sympom when accompanied by an emotional overcompensation. Even then it is only a symptom of that persons attitude toward what they are being accused of. His emphaticism the author injected into the story doesn't suggest so much that he is gay but that he fears he may be oriented that way. The problem he has is that he does not understand that he does not have to wear whatever label someone puts on him. Homosexuality denotes a specific definition indicating sexually acting a certain way to persons of the same gender. This guy has yet to take action indicating he is hoomosexual. These instances where he has engaged in that type of activity they have been forced upon him. Because you are raped does not mean you are married to your attacker. The term homosexuality predates the modern notion of orientation and as such any definition inclusive of the notion of orientation is a redefinition.

I love the way the author put his overcompensation into his response. A person may very well be oriented that way but they should not have to suffer the consequences of something they have not done. What I'm really saying is that people only define us if we let them. This guy is letting other peoples opinion of him influence who he WILL BE.

Now I found 2&3....

I have to find chapter 1... You've described the torture of teenage years, the lack of confidence when confronted with a loving girl, the 'failure' of not 'achieving' what is expected when she's trying to excite ..... I felt all of those things; didn't make me gay, didn't make me want to chase other guys, but it did make me jealous that girls can have their passions aroused without having to prove with a physical sign. The logical conclusion , for me, was that making love as a girl muct be preferable to doing so as a guy. Didn't make me gay - quite the opposite...
Now where's that chapter 1!??
(I hope there will be chapters 5 & 6 soon!
Love Ginger xx

Maturation

Jill Johnson's picture

Clearly as you wrote this your writing has matured. With every paragraph your story gets better and better. I know this is an older story but I can't wait to finish it and see if you've written more. Great reality and great tension about growing up different from everyone else.
Luv

Jill