Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2103

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2103
by Angharad

Copyright © 2013 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

The alarm went off and I jumped up and dashed to the loo and then the shower. By half past seven I was dried and doing my hair, then makeup then I dressed in a suit, heels and some jewellery; then a splosh of perfume and I was downstairs and making toast and tea.

Danny came down yawning. “Sleep well?” I asked.

“You look very posh today,” he said stifling another yawn.

“Why don’t you go back to bed for an hour?”

“I want to sit with you?”

“Are you still going to go through with it?”

“Peter asked me to.”

“You don’t have to do it just because he asked you to.”

“No, but I said I would, so I gotta do it.”

“I’ll speak to Julie if you want.”

“Speak to me about what?” she said walking into the kitchen.

“About these makeovers tonight.”

“What about it, don’t you trust me?”

“Of course I do–I just don’t think it’s a good idea.”

“It was your idea,” she threw back at me.

“Not for Danny, just Peter.”

“No, I’ll do it, Mummy, I did promise him.”

“Have you got something to wear?” I asked him.

“Cindy’s coming over, she’ll help me.”

“Is there a wig he can borrow?”

“Up in my room, it looks alright. I’ve left a few things out as well he can try.” She had her breakfast and then left calling to Danny, “See you tonight little bro, or is it sis?” She chuckled and went.

“You can still pull out?”

“No, you told me my word is my bond.”

“But I’m giving you permission to pull out.”

“I can’t, Mummy.”

“I worry about you, sweetheart.”

He gave me a wry smile, “Thank you,” then his eyes teared up and he gave me a hug and wept quietly.

“Why don’t you cancel it, Julie won’t mind.”

“No, but Peter will.”

“Shall I speak to him or his mum?”

“No, there’s enough people involved already. I’ll be alright–at least you lot understand.”

“I’m not sure your father does, especially as you almost point blank refused to wear a kilt.”

“Yeah well.”

I glanced at the clock, “I have to go sweetheart, I’ve a taxi coming in a few minutes and I need to get my attaché case.”

I was due to meet Simon in London. The meeting started at mid day he was going to collect me from the station. The journey went quickly, not because I was thinking about the meeting and my presentation at it, but I was worried about Danny.

Simon suggested a late lunch–the meeting usually finishes at half past two, but I declined wanting to get home to see what was happening with my boy. He shrugged and told me he’d catch up later.

The board meeting went according to its agenda. My presentation took ten minutes including a report on the woodland centre and they passed my request for money for publicity material leading up to its completion next year. I gave an update on the harvest mouse film and they awarded me a grant for that as well. It would seem they want to appear to be the greenest bank.

Finally it was over and I grabbed a cab back to Waterloo, where I had ten minutes to grab a sandwich and a coffee from a take away bar. My tummy was rumbling like mad. On the train, I did manage to do some work on the laptop and was pleased when they brought round some tea and a cake.

From Portsmouth station I dashed home and just missed Danny and Cindy, whom Jacquie had taken to the salon. I changed into some jeans and a top and rushed off after them.

Stella told me that Danny was in a tee shirt and denim skirt when he left and that she had placed the wig on his head so he didn’t look too bad. “Why’s he doing it?”

“To prove a point I think, but which one I’m not sure.”

The salon was locked up when I got there and I had to tap on the door. Phoebe let me in and I sat quietly and watched Julie and her transform two boys into very attractive girls. Peter, or whatever he called himself en femme, was wearing a sun dress and light cardigan thing over the top, with sandals on his feet displaying painted toenails.

Danny, the finer featured of the boys, was sitting silently while Julie painted his eyes, his painted nails occasionally showed he was squeezing Cindy’s hand. Julie was explaining everything she did and why. I think Danny was too frightened to move or say anything.

Then it was over. Peter paid out for the cosmetics they’d used and he had quite a bagful to take home with him. Danny had far fewer apparently because he knew he didn’t need or want much done to his face in terms of makeup. Peter obviously did and it showed a little. If he can’t do it himself, he’d best not expect me to make him up like that–I have neither time nor inclination. I assumed Cindy would help him but wasn’t sure. When Cindy was given the chance for another makeover, she was in the chair before Julie changed her mind.

“Oh hi, Mummy,” Danny greeted me, or should that be Danni?

“Um–you look very pretty. What does Cindy think?”

“She thinks it’s good fun.”

“So, is it a dress or a kilt for Scotland?”

He shrugged.

“Looks like a dress.”

He shrugged again.

“Hello, Auntie Cathy,” Cindy bounced up and air kissed me, presumably to avoid rubbing off any makeup.

“Hi, Mum,” called Julie, “So what d’you think of your new daughter?”

I was worried. “Yes, very elegant.”

“She’s turned out okay if I say so myself, as has her little friend, Pia.”

That sounds like someone from Pompey calling his mate Peter–they don’t do consonants very often.

“Do they know what to do to reproduce your magic?”

“I’ve shown them both and Cindy, who being a girl, means she has enough brain cells to remember.”

“I can’t say I see any boys here anyway,” I said trying to defuse Julie’s sexism.

“No, course not,” she blushed then rolled her eyes.

I glanced at Danny’s shoes. I didn’t recognise them. “Where did you get the shoes, Danielle?” I asked.

“They’re mine, Aunty Cathy,” offered Cindy, “I bought them a while back in a sale then realised they were too big, but they fit Danielle just right.” They were blue bar shoes with a two inch heel and went quite well with the blue tee shirt and denim skirt.

“Right folks you’ve ’ad yer fun I wanna go ’ome and ’ave me tea, so off yer go,” Julie indicated she wanted to close up the shop. I offered her some money for her time but she shook her head, “They’re family.” I thanked her and suggested we leave.

It seemed we were giving Pia a lift home along with Cindy, who was coming back to our house. We dropped off Pia who waved then skipped home down the path like a six year old. “Somebody seems happy,” I commented as we drove off.

“Yeah,” said Danni with a sigh.

“Did you enjoy yourself, Cindy?”

“Oh yes, Auntie Cathy, an’ I think Danielle did too, didn’t you girl?”

“Oh yeah,” said Danielle languidly.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
235 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's about time a crossdresser got representation

... in this household.

Well kinda ;)

Danny is very considerate to do this for Peter. Maybe he is growing up? *crosses fingers*

At his age, it is not surprising that Danny looks good dressed up. Duh.

Kim

Danny

Well, I was wrong. Danny did go with Peter, and crossdressed to boot. I still think Danny is doing it just to support Peter, or Pia as she may come to be known, and other than being with Peter as Danielle occassionally they are out and about, Danny probably won't do any crossdressing at home, other than getting ready to go somewhere with Pia.

But then, Danny is one of three males in a houseful of females, some about his age, so who knows what thoughts are going thru his head?

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

*sigh*

I really wanted to get eafoab from peters view, to experience what he is feeling and how he sees things, and see it run a few episodes. Obviously, that is not going to happen. Peter is getting glossed over and shoved out :(

I'll check back on the story in a couple of weeks then.

Sephrena

There will be more opportunity later

When they all go to Scotland there will be more opportunity to really see and learn how Peter is feeling and where he may be going with his life.

Let us have patience.

Much Love,

Valerie R

Think that Dani's

mind is still trying to recover from the trip. Or found her way finally

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Cross Dressing is not the societal norm.

From a clinical point of view, it does not seem like it would do any harm though. It is not for lots of people, however. I would like to see it get to the point that the only people who can do this safely have to be cage fighters.

Aurella

Are you sure ...

Are you sure you've got that the right way round Aurella? The ONLY people who can cross-dress safely are cage-fighters. I'd prefer to see it reach the point where anybody and everybody can choose to cross-dress entirely where and when and IF they wish to.

As to Danny's decision to try 'cross-dressing' I can only wonder. I think there are as many reasons for an individual to do this as there are doing it. To me there seem to be countless 'degrees' of gender identity and/or transvestism; so much so it's almost impossible to put one's finger on 'the reason'.

Much food for thought in this chapter Ang and I think about it a lot; mostly because I find the reasons and causes so perplexing and difficult to fathom.

All I know is that I do it, I have always done it and I have given up being worried about it. Provided others don't try to shoe-horn me into the wrong shaped box, I'll tick over until I shuffle off.

Bevs.

Still lovin' it and thanks.

xx

bev_1.jpg

Danni???

Teresa L.'s picture

ok i was wondering why Danni did this, i think it might have more to do with Cindi, than Peter. She seems VERY happy that he is doing this, while he is still only "ok" with it. might just be a way to score points with Cindi, or is he really into Crossdressing.

as to "societal norm" most people would think HE was more normal than Peter/Pia or a transsexual, after all just wearing clothes is "weird" enough for most people but trying to change your physical sex?????? dont think that will be an issue really, but i DO think Simon will. I wonder if he was in the know on this or not, and if he WILL be. Not sure if i read it right, did Danni agree to a dress, or was it Cathy suggesting it still based on his current attire?

Hugs,

Terri

Teresa L.

Societal Norm.???

I am not trying to split hairs but... Social norms are dependent upon who's Ox gits gored. For those of us who reason it is not so bad for a boy, or a man to cross dress as a lark or to experience there feminine side. It does not diminish the person or changes them physically.

To the testosterone poisoned control freak, any thing feminine is a bane that must be willing to submit to there ignorant demands.

So which is the societal norm, the peaceful Intellectual liberal,ones who are by the rules of reality correct?.
Or is it the nut case violent conservative ones who controls the God, The gold, and the Guns?

This is really a choice, we need to be clear about that.
So what do we chose by our actions by voting to in force our governments to live up to there responsibilities. if they don't we need to shame the cowards out. And elect people who will.

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

Bravo Danny

I believe that Danny is being a true friend to Peter. I would like to think that it is a sign of his growing maturity that he is willing to put up with the teasing as part of this process.

I sense that Tom has been a strong influence on Danny’s behaviour. All the time they spend gardening together is bearing fruit in more ways than one.

I must say very well done Ang, in keeping your saga so thought provoking.

Love to all

Anne G.

Hmmm...

Not to many guys would be willing to go through that for their friends I'm thinking... More might for a Halloween lark. But, at 13/14... The guys I've seen tend to run the other way.

Danny's been around quite a few who've "crossed" the line... So he's likely less "biassed" against it than others would be... But, should word of this get out to his football team and/or school I fear for severe ramifications.

Other side - Glad he's able to help Pete.

We'll see how things go.

Thanks,
Annette