Curse the Protagonist 2: Rise of the Antagonist

Printer-friendly version

Curse the Protagonist 2: Rise of the Antagonist

Time has passed since the strange happenings from before and Kayla has become very adjusted to her new self. However, things are about to get a whole lot stranger.

~o~O~o~

With squinted eyes, Gary explored his surroundings. He had been laying rigid on the tough ground, surrounded by bottles and discarded clothing.

"Wow, we really painted the town vomit color last night, right guys?"

Only silence answered the despairingly hungover young man.

"Guys?" He followed up. "Jim? John? Kayla?" Working his way towards the kitchen, there was no sign of his four amigos - other than their wreckage from the night before.
"Well if someone doesn't answer soon, we're all fucked..." Gary grabbed a bag of nuts from the mini fridge and leaned back against the counter. "... I'm just not likable enough to be the protagonist."

"I'm here, I'm here!" A half-naked Kayla revealed herself from behind the couch.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the first bride-to-be to attend a Bachelor party?" Gary smiled and chewed smugly on his salty snack. "Crazy night, huh? Where's the other two?"

"Not with me." Kayla threw on John's baggy jumper and nosed through the bathroom and bedroom doors of their deluxe suite. "God knows..."

"The Hangover." Gary stated.

"Huh?"

"This is like the Hangover, look," he pointed to the corner, "there's a baby."

Kayla turned towards his line-of-sight, "That's a bin, Gary."

"No, inside it - the stick with the smiley face on it."

"Oh god!" Kayla pulled out the said object and gasped. "Who's pregnancy test is this?"

"I presume the only one of us with a working vagina?" Gary had now progressed to a packet of Skittles.

"Oh god, oh god! We need to find John!"

"Let's check the roof." Gary suggested with a pineapple in his mouth. "I ain't making the same mistake those guys did, I'll tell you that now."

~o~O~o~

"I see nothing still!" Kayla shouted over the traffic.

"Yep..." Gary strolled the perimeter casually. "Seems we've lost 'em."

"Well, where could they have gone?!"

A stroke of the chin sent Gary in to deep thought. "A-ha! The brothel!"

"The brothel?" Kayla raised an eyebrow.

"Yes! That one in the back alley with the guy with the hook for a hand running it."

"The one we said 'dear god, this looks like something off of Taken, let's leave here and never return' to?!"

Gary nodded.

"Well... your guess is as good as any!"

"Sweet!" Gary licked his fingers of excess pineapple juice and headed to the door. "Heck, maybe Captain Hook will be willing to give you an abortion while we're there!"

~o~O~o~

"You see, we're looking for our friends..." Kayla had awkwardly approached Captain Hook while Gary waited around the corner, armed with one of John's bee stingers in case things got ugly.

"Look, doll, I see a lot of guys come and a lot of guys go..."

"Yeah I bet you see a load of guys cum..." Came a voice from afar.

"How said that?!" The rugged old man drew his steel hand from his sleeve.

"Woah, woah, woah, be cool!" Gary stumbled around from his sanctuary, hands held high.

"What the-? He took a double take. "Gary Aldrin?"

"Les?!"

"Buddy! How you been?!"

"You two know each other?" Kayla interrupted.

"Hell yeah," Gary hugged the monster of a man. "We went to art school together!"

"Yeah! Hey, remember that time I spilled paint all over your canvas?!

"Oh yeah..." Gary reminisced. "And then I pinned you down and slowly chopped off your hand with my paintbrush."

"Haha totally! Ah, college..." Les guided Gary through the door to his brothel as they giggled like a pair of school girls on a field trip. This left a rather struck Kayla stood outside in apparent peril of her friend.

"Sorry- with a paintbrush...?"

~o~O~o~

"So Gary, why aren't you fucking this girl?"

"I'm right here." Groaned an exhausted Kayla, her objections completely ignored by the reunited pals.

"Ah, she's my friend's fiancee." Gary sighed, looking her up. "Plus, you know..."

"Oh..." Les downed his drink and with that ended his lusting and diverted the conversation elsewhere. "So these friends of yours?"

"Yes, they're a couple of guys our age, one of them is really tall, the other pretty average... any leads?" Kayla worriedly replied.

"'fraid not Girly, generally just the real dirt of the city we get here. Tourists seem to avoid us."

"I wonder why..." Kayla mumbled whilst examining her vile surroundings.

"Maybe I can help with your little... problem." A maleficent voice bellowed and echoed around the room.

"That voice..." Kayla's eyes darted around. "...it's so... familiar..."

Gary winced and fidgeted on his bar-stool.

"Ha ha ha! Tis I!"

The realization of their foe came to her and she began to share Gary's fear.

"Or should I say, tis YOU?"

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

"Come on man, you invented a time machine and enforced an ancient curse, surely you can get us the hell out of here!"

A tired Jim threw himself down next to John.
"I'm sorry, but even MacGyver himself would struggle with this one." He studied the room helplessly one last time before resting his eyes.

"So you're just gonna give up?"

"What else can I do dude, we're screw-" Jim was interrupted by a loud bang from the opposing corner of the room. Smoke seeped across the ground and a tall naked figure rose from it.

"Come with me if you want to live."

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

"I thought you were dead?" Kayla grimaced facing the silhouette at the end of the bar.

"You know nothing, Miss Berry. That'll do Gentlemen, I'd like to talk to her alone now."

"What?!" She looked over to Gary who was now in tears.

"I'm so, so sorry!" He sobbed as Les dragged him away.

"GOD DAMN IT, GARY!" She shouted as the silhouette moved closer, pulling over a chair.

"Now what's say we have a little chat, Kayla to Kyle." Her former grinned from the corner of his mouth, a harsh twinkle in his eye spoke of nothing but doom.
"Protagonist to... antagonist. Let's discuss how you turned your back on me and accepted... this." He gestured to her ridonkulous body.

"Because you're a dick, Kyle. Have I and every one else in this universe not made that clear enough to you?"

"Oh yes I'm a dick alright, and quite proud to still have one too. Now, if you want to see your little fiancee again I suggest you behave hm?"

Kayla clenched her fists together but reluctantly nodded.

"Good girl. I should hope by the end of this you will want nothing to do with your friends ever again, though. As you can see already, Gary was all too quick to turn his back on you."

Kyle's latter only snarled back at him, allowing him to continue with ease.

"It's time for you to find out all about that little curse you seem to have just... accepted. And it is time for me to claim what is rightfully mine." Kyle shuffled a series of papers in his hands. "I have some challenges for you..."

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

"John, is that you?"

"No I'm right here, bro."

"But I can quite clearly see you naked in the corner over there." Jim continued.

"Yes, that is the darnest thing..."

"We don't have much time." Naked John declared. "The present, the past and the future are all in danger. John, if you want to get married tomorrow, you'll have to do everything I say."

John inhaled deeply before standing up. "Okay, Naked John. I'm all yours."

Naked John shook his fellow's hand proudly and the pair looked down on Jim.

Feeling like a third wheel, he was profoundly dumbstruck. "What... the... fuck?" Was all he could force out.

up
58 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

totally surreal

giggles.

DogSig.png

*

*

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee