There Is Nothing

Printer-friendly version

There Is Nothing

Wow, so I guess this was sort of what many may call a rant. Following one's muse perhaps, and just letting it all pour out. Although there is a story deep inside this tightly drawn affair, I present this to you as only words on a screen. Its meaning or whatever you take from it is solely down to you, the reader.
To me it is a gasp, a reach out, a comfort to he or she who may not even exist. Then again, maybe they do...

Enjoy or loathe. I love it all the same as I seek not praise but recognition.

~o~O~o~

It's a curious thing, possession. When man-kind first began it was only for territory - in order to survive.
But look at us now, fanatical over the little things that are far from necessities yet we remain engulfed in their insignificance. We live under the upper hand of shiny currencies, in debt because of it but in debt to who? Who on earth could the world possibly be in debt to?
One thing I have noticed, throughout the crazy years of our species, is that togetherness strives. Above all it is what has kept as alive, sane and strong. Take that away and it seems... well, there is nothing.

In this modern small world, everything is convenient and we just live. Should we be damned without our basic human need for companionship, we are deemed ungrateful yet all the shiny little things can simply never amount to what some just don't have.
Different beliefs is what often tears us apart and frightfully it can often tear families apart. Can you believe it, FAMILY, the only thing we truly possess in this world and some let it burn over petty differences. If we were all alike we'd all be in ashes ourselves, this Western world is a capitalist world because we are ALL different. So why must we be set apart when these differences could just so easily bring us all together and unite us in a prosperous new age, not only in our own living rooms but across the globe. After all, what is the point of having such a small world if we are all pointing missiles at each other that are sure to only spray back at us?

However, we are not a peaceful species. When someone disagrees with us, why must we disagree with them? Why can't we just be the better man, accept their beliefs and prevent an eternal loop of doubt, deceit and eventual destruction. I guess sometimes it can be difficult to be the better man, especially when you wish not to be the latter but sometimes letting go can be the only way to hold on. And hold on you must. Nothing is of any comfort on your death bed but love, conditional or unconditional, it doesn't matter. Make it work and you may find peace; something only man and never man-kind can achieve.

And if you do feel like there is nothing, if you have been forced to walk this road alone or have chosen to do so, then remember this...
As your brain attempts to comprehend this, that's something. As you grieve or celebrate mild successes, that's something. If all is gone and laid to waste - be your own something, be your own someone and be your own better man.

Because there is nothing. Nothing but an I, you or we. Nothing but love.

up
55 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow

This comment took me back to 2011 :)

There Is Nothing is very

There Is Nothing is very intersting in :"I guess sometimes it can be difficult to be the better man, especially when you wish not to be the latter but sometimes letting go can be the only way to hold on." BETTER MAN? Why not BETTER PERSON OR WOMAN?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Why not

Why not indeed...