Easy As Falling Off A Bike part 77

Printer-friendly version

Does Simon stumble across the truth and will Cathy come clean, and I don't mean in the shower?

Easy As Falling Off A Bike.
by Angharad & V Pendleton.
part 77 (Sunset Strip?)

I stood waiting for the kettle to boil while Simon changed his undies. I still had a smile on my face but the realisation was dawning upon me that perhaps I had been a trifle impulsive. Now I was blushing, had I done something stupid? It seemed to be a habit these days - I mean who else would lock herself out of the car and the house at the same time? Herself, I just described myself as herself. It slightly shocked me, it was about the first time I had used the term while talking to myself in my head. I blushed some more.

"Can you get your dad to buy Calvin Klein's next time," Simon put his arms around me from behind.

"If his don't suit, you can always borrow some of mine," I offered as the kettle switched itself off.

"No these will do."

"They are brand new."

"Yes I appreciate that."

"And Marks and Sparks make good underwear."

"Do you buy yours there?"

"Erm, no." I felt myself blushing again.

"Well then."

"If you had controlled yourself, you wouldn't have had to change."

"Hah, I'd like to see you stop yourself from coming when you are being kissed and touched up by a beautiful girl."

"I think I could manage it."

"Oh yeah, what about if it was beautiful young man?"

"That's two questions, that's not fair." I took the moral highground in a facetious way, but it showed that I could make decisions, or I hoped it did. "Anyway, if you bring me the dirty ones, I'll wash them for you."

"Ah, that's okay." Now it was his turn to blush. I nearly shot myself in the foot by misquoting an old joke, 'Underpants, not the best thing in the world but close to it!' I was glad I had refrained. I'd indulged myself already.

"Are you going to see your dad today?" Asked Simon as I made the tea.

"I have to I'm afraid."

"Don't apologise, I'd like to meet him."

I nearly dropped the teapot, "Why?" I asked instead of asking him to repeat his shocking statement. Scenarios of Daddy somehow managing to say, 'She wasn't always Cathy, until two weeks ago she was Charlie.'

"I'd simply like to meet your father."

"He's had a stroke, he can hardly talk, let alone converse with you. He's quite poorly," I lied but how was he to know any better.

"Stella said he'd abused you," he hesitated while saying this as if he wasn't sure if he should be mentioning it.

"He beat me a number of times, he won't do it again." I felt my stomach flip over and I almost wanted to be sick.

"He won't if I have a word with him."

"No Simon, if I need your help I'll ask for it. Please let me do this my own way." Please Simon, God knows what he'd tell you if you threatened him. "Besides, since my mother died, he needs me more than I need him." And that puts me in the driving seat for the moment anyway.

"If ever he lays so much as a finger on you, I'll rip it off and shove it so far up his arse it will give him a sore throat." There was coldness in the statement, I believed he really meant it.

"You're frightening me Simon, you can't bash Daddy just because you don't like his underpants." It was an attempt to change his mood.

"No one hits women and gets away with it while I'm around, I can't abide it."

I nearly told him I wasn't a woman when I last got hit, and even had a punchline, I was only a child. Well I couldn't say little girl, could I? But then, the idea of beating up a child is even worse that hitting a woman. "I can handle it Simon, he's no longer the monster he was and I can now hold my own if necessary."

"When did he last hit you?"

"I can't remember," I lied, I could almost tell him to the minute when it was.

"Stella tells me you ended up in hospital."

"Not for that."

"Oh, what else was it then?"

"Nothing important." I felt quite angry that Stella had told him bits and that he was assuming he was my protector. I wasn't even sure if I could describe him as my boyfriend, because we had hardly been out on dates and hadn't had sex unless you consider the little flirt in the hallway half an hour ago, sex?

I think my irritation showed, because he looked sheepish and said, "Sorry, I mean it's not as if you were having a sex change or something."

"Would it be important if I had been?" I glared at him.

"Erm, I was only joking love."

"Answer the question, please."

"This is a nice cuppa," he blushed as he changed the subject.

Maybe I shouldn't have been so assertive? I didn't feel encouraged by his embarrassment, and I really did wonder if he could cope with the truth. Maybe Stella was right after all, this might just fold before we get to the stage where it becomes essential. So I'm living a lie and deceiving him, so what?

It's quite bizarre how I've spent most of my life trying to prevent others discovering my inner femaleness, now I'm trying to stop them uncovering my outer maleness. How time changes things?

"When are you going to see your dad?"

"Anytime after two, why?"

"I wondered if we could find somewhere to have lunch."

"I'll cook something if you want," I offered, albeit weakly.

"If we had more time, I must just have let you do that, but there'll be plenty of time for that, won't there? In the future I mean."

"Will there, how should I know? You might get fed up with me."

"I don't think so."

"Maybe I'll get fed up with you," I could have cut my tongue out the instant that was out of my mouth. Simon went from looking self assured and confident to suddenly looking very unsure of himself. Sometimes I was a real bitch! "I know a nice little pub, but we might have to book," I said brightly trying to change his mood and the subject.

"Yeah, maybe you will, just like all the others."

"What, book a pub lunch?" I asked looking puzzled even though I knew exactly what he meant.

"No, dump me after a short time." He looked like a little boy lost.

"Simon how can I dump you, we're hardly a couple yet are we?" I tried to keep it real.

"There see, I thought we were. I just don't understand women. Maybe I'd better go."

"Simon!" I said loudly and he stopped in his tracks. "Please stay," I said more quietly. "We hardly know each other, so how can we say we're a couple? What I see of you and the more I know, the more I like you, but there are things you don't know about me and I suppose there will be things I don't know about you."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right," he looked sheepish again. "My trouble is I'm in too much of a hurry. I think I like you a lot." He blushed and looked at the floor - I was glad I'd washed it yesterday.

I was also glad he didn't look at me because I was blushing as much as he was. "I think I like you too." I placed my hand under his chin and lifted up his head, then I kissed him gently on the lips.

up
154 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

With a co-author like ...

... Victoria Pendleton it could come down to a sprint finish :)

Will I see you at the velodrome? The winter season starts in a couple of weeks and Gaby could be racing too LOL

G

Who?

I'm guessing a bikie, but not all of us are obsessive/compulsive about all things two-wheeled like some I know. I much prefer four wheels, doors and a roof, radio, air-conditioning, automatic transmission, you know - the essentials.

77 of these, and I can't get ten lines down on any of my things. I think I'm getting an inferiority complex!

Karen J.

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way."

College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Victoria Pendleton is ....

... British national and World women's individual sprint champion. Also World Keirin champion and a member of the British World champion team sprint squad. Quite a fast lady and pretty with it.

I'm a 2 wheel fan (though 4 wheels are OK without the roof) both pedal and power. I have been known to indulge in 3 wheel sport too. Racing a pedal trike and off roading a motor bike and sidecar. All in the dim and distant past, I'm afraid. It's a metaphorical pipe and slippers now.

I know what you mean. I have mixed feelings about the inexorable progress of this story when compared to my own miserable efforts. It's getting near to the time for me to post another story and where am I - nowhere!

Angharad rules!

Awwwww.......

Love the ending of chapter 77.

The Tease

is getting very unbearable Auntie. Please have Cathy spill it out for Simon! Its driving me crazy....

Sephrena Lynn Miller

Easy As Falling Off A Bike

Sheesh, what are you people complaining about?? Ang has kept me busy reading, therefore I have NOT been writing and you haven't had to read my drivel. You should be kissing her cute little feet. Well I hope for her sake they are little, mine are huge and it is sooooo embarrassing

Nothing in Life is Free, if the cost is not monitary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.

Rachel Anne

Nothing in Life is Free; if the cost is not monetary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Rachel Anne

fully enjoyable series.

I finally got caught up. I got out of synch 2 weeks ago and it took all this long to catch up. It is worth it though. this is one of the most enjoyable, fun filled, stories on the web.
If Cathy isn't careful, her angst will out her. Poor Simon, he doesn't seem to have a clue where the females are concerned. I wonder how he can be so adept at finance and so inept at anything feminine. 'Tis a puzzlement. Obviously though, he is the best thing that ever happened to Cathy.
I sure hope that her daddy happened to stoke away a lot of money in the bank so Cathy can use it to hire an attendant during his recovery.
I am glad you have kept this going and developed the plot a little deeper, Now I am eager to see what is next. Thank you for sharing this with us.

He is going to remember

this conversation you know. She just let the cat out of the bag and he doesn't realize it yet.

getting warm

Ladies, are these hormone swings? I just checked every bag I have, each contains the regulation amount of cats. Cathy is just following Stalla's advice