A Ghost Of A Chance. Book 2. Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version


 © February 2013


Part Nine of 13+


Chapter Nine: Making Friends and Enemies

     “Is it true?” Stacy asked when Chloe and Susan got to the table after getting their lunch.

     “Is what true?” Chloe asked, trying to play dumb. “I hope none of you mind, but I told Susan she could join us for lunch?”

     “You know full well what I’m talking about Chloe.” Stacy frowned, not taking any notice of what Chloe had just said about Susan joining them. “I’m talking about Jane and the fact she tried to get you in trouble.” Stacy explained.

     “What were you doing all the way over the other side of the school in the first place?” Sophie asked looking confused. “We left you at the library.” She added.

     “I was asked to run some papers across to the other side of the school, but I couldn’t find the classroom, so I had to ask for directions.” Chloe lied.

     “And you asked Tracy Morgan?” Jade sounded shocked.

     “I know it wasn’t the smartest thing to do, but she was the only one around at the time, and I didn’t think she’d be too bad on her own.” Chloe shrugged.

    Due to none of the girls answering Chloe’s question about Susan, Susan turned and started to walk away thinking that she wasn’t welcome, but she stopped and turned back to look at Stacy when she remembered her promise to Chloe.

     “Stacy, I’m sorry for the way I spoke to you last term, and I hope you will forgive me for not being strong enough to ignore what others were saying and become your friend.” Susan said and then she turned to walk away again.

     “I thought you were sitting with us?” Stacy asked.

     “I didn’t think you wanted me to sit with you.” Susan said as she stopped and turned back to face them all. “None of you answered Chloe when she asked.” Susan added.

     “I don’t mind you joining us.” Stacy smiled as she looked at Sophie and Jade to see if they had a problem with Susan joining them.

     “I’ve got no problem with you Susan.” Sophie smiled as she waved for her to sit down and join them.

     “Me neither.” Jade said around a mouth full of fries.

     “You can be such a pig at times.” Sophie sighed as she rolled her eyes.

    Jade just giggled, or Sophie thought it was a giggle; it was hard to tell while Jade still had a mouth full of food. Sophie was soon giggling as well when Jade threw her arms around Sophie and hugged her while resting her head on Sophie’s shoulder.

    Susan found herself smiling as she watched Sophie and Jade playing around with each other. “Thank you for letting me join you.” Susan said just before she made a start on her lunch.

     “Well...?” Stacy asked with a grin. “Tell us what happened with Jane this morning, and how you were able to get her on litter picking duty?”

     “I’ve already told you.” Chloe sighed as she realised they wanted details, or some form of a lie that sounded like the truth.

     “Why would Tracy come and admit to doing something that Jane got her to do though?” Sophie sounded confused by Tracy’s actions.

     “Maybe she didn’t want me to get expelled.” Chloe shrugged.

     “Doesn’t sound much like the Tracy I know.” Jade grumbled. “Not that I’m complaining she did come clean.” Jade added with a grin.

     “I wouldn’t want to be Tracy when Jane gets hold of her later.” Stacy said with a grin from ear to ear.

     “I bet you’d like to be there though to see Jane have a go at her.” Sophie smirked.

     “I have a feeling that no matter where we are in the school, we will hear Jane shouting.” Stacy giggled.

    Chloe was just now starting to worry about where Tracy was when Spirit was pretending to be her in the hallway. Chloe knew that her whole plan could fall apart if anyone was with her at the time Miss Scott was telling off Jane, and Tracy showed up. Spirit appeared at that point, as if she knew Chloe was worried about something.

     “Tracy had been called to the head office at the time she was with you in the hallway sis.” Spirit grinned.

    Chloe gave Spirit a puzzled look that asked how she knew what she was thinking.

     “It’s another one of my new gifts sis.” Spirit said as she tapped her head. “If I focus, I can see what you’re worried about, but I can’t read all your thoughts, so don’t worry.” Spirit pointed out when she saw the worried look on Chloe’s face. “It’s more of a sense than actually being able to see what you’re thinking anyway.” Spirit said as she waved her hand in a dismissive way like it wasn’t a big deal.

    Chloe just gave Spirit a look that said they would talk about it later.

     “You okay Chloe?” Susan asked when she saw Chloe looking off into space.

     “I’m fine, just thinking about Tracy getting told off by Jane.” Chloe lied just before she carried on eating her lunch.

     “I’ll go and see how Heather is doing with her keeping an eye on Jane for us.” Spirit said just before she vanished again.

    Chloe found herself wishing she could just blink away at times like Spirit could, but she didn’t like the idea of needing to be dead to use it.

     “How’s your sister Stacy?” Susan asked nervously as she tried to start a conversation with her.

     “Why do you want to know?” Stacy asked looking suspiciously at Susan.

     “I was just wondering if she’s been dealing with everything alright.” Susan mumbled. “Is she very pretty?” Susan asked, then slapped a hand to her forehead as she realised how lame it sounded.

     “Yes, she’s really pretty, but I would say that, she’s my big sister.” Stacy giggled.

     “She is very beautiful Stace, and I can’t believe she was once your brother.” Jade admitted.

     “I’m sorry Stacy; I know it’s none of my business.” Susan said just before she put some more of her lunch in her mouth so she had something to do other than speaking.

     “I don’t mind you asking me questions Suzy.” Stacy smiled, giving Susan a new pet name. “I love to brag about my big sister.” Stacy added with a grin. “Have you ever ridden a horse before?” Stacy asked.

     “No, why do you ask?” Susan said nervously.

     “You could join us this Saturday for a ride, that way you can meet her and see for yourself.” Stacy explained the reason for her odd sounding question.

     “Are you sure you want me tagging along?” Susan asked as she looked around the table.

     “I think it’s a wonderful idea.” Sophie grinned, while Jade and Chloe just nodded their agreement due to them both having a mouth full of food.

     “I’d love to join you then, but I must warn you that I know nothing about horses.” Susan giggled.

    Chloe smiled as she looked at Stacy and Stacy smiled back to let Chloe know she was happy that she was able to make Susan see that they could all be friends. Stacy already knew the reason for Susan asking about Stephanie, and that was why she offered her a chance to join them and meet her big sister.

    Susan finally relaxed enough to join in some of the chat at the table, but Chloe and Stacy could see that Susan wasn’t very knowledgeable on makeup and fashion.

     “You need to go easy on Suzy, Sophie. She was a tomboy before coming here, and it’s just her and her Dad, so she’s not had the girlie background that we’ve had.” Chloe said in Susan’s defence.

     “If you ever want any advice on fashion, hair or makeup, then please ask.” Jade said with a grin.

     “She loves to play makeover on me, so it would be nice for her to pick on someone else for a change.” Sophie giggled as she poked Jade with her elbow.

    Chloe had never taken much notice before now, but Jade did always look nice, but in a natural way that left it looking like she didn’t need to use lots of makeup and stuff like that. Chloe wondered what she could learn from Jade. This was something she planned to find out in the months to come.

     “Thanks, but I don’t know very much, other than what I’ve been reading in magazine, but even those tend to explain stuff as though you already know the basics.” Susan frowned.

     “I’ve never thought of it that way.” Jade said with sadness in her voice. “I’ve always had my mother to help me when I didn’t understand something in a magazine or a book.” Jade added.

     “I was a tomboy until my mother and Aunty dragged me into dresses kicking and screaming.” Chloe giggled. “I’m always asking them questions about what looks good or not.” Chloe added to help Susan feel better, or she hoped it did.

     “I’ll help you both then.” Jade giggled excitedly as she clapped her hands together.

     “I’ll help as well, and I know my sister would love to give you both advice on fashion and makeup.” Stacy smiled.

     “Stephi’s really good with hair as well.” Chloe added.

    They all finished their lunches and then they decided to go out and see if they could find Jane, so they could tease her over her punishment of litter picking.

*****

    It didn’t take them long to find where Jane was doing her punishment due to there being a large crowd of students milling around in the same area. It seemed like most the school had come to see Jane doing her punishment.

    Chloe had to stifle a giggle when she saw Jane and what she was dressed in. Jane was wearing an oversized pair of white overalls, a white baseball cap and a reflective workman’s tabard. She was even wearing work boots, which it looked like she was having trouble walking in. This was making most the students laugh at her while she wandered around picking up what little litter there was. Chloe had to try and not look like she was looking at Heather when she saw her waving and smiling at her.

     “This should be fun.” Stacy said just before they all saw Tracy come running through a crowd of students towards Jane.

     “What happened Jane?” Tracy asked looking shocked to see how Jane was dressed and what she was doing.

     “You should know you little two faced bitch...!” Jane snarled. “You’re the one that came running up to Scottie and told her a pack of lies.” Jane added just before she stabbed the pole with a spike at the end of it into a chocolate bar wrapper, she then placed it in a bag she had draped over her shoulder.

     “What are you talking about? I never said anything to anyone.” Tracy said looking confused.

     “I found out that Ashcroft had gone up on the roof, so I went and told Scottie about it, so I could get the little bitch in trouble, but then you came running down the hallway and told her some crap about me getting you to send her up there so we could get her in trouble.” Jane said in a tone that made it sound like Tracy should already know all this. “Now do you remember?” Jane added as she gave Tracy a shove. Tracy stepped back in shock and lost her footing before falling over backwards on to the grass.

     “I did nothing of the sort.” Tracy said looking angry now because all the students gathered around were laughing at her. Tracy was soon turning her anger on Chloe as she looked in Chloe’s direction before getting to her feet.

     “Yes you did, I was there to see it happen.” Jane snapped as she threw the pole down on the ground. “She told Scottie that you gave her bad directions, and a second later you came running around the corner and admitted to it.”

    Tracy jumped to her feet and made her way over to where Chloe was stood with Stacy and the others. “You’ve got some nerve telling lies about me you little bitch.” Tracy snarled as she went to grab Chloe, but she found herself flat on her face with her arm bent up behind her back.

    Chloe had flinched back and closed her eyes expecting a slap from Tracy, but when she opened her eyes again after hearing some gasps from the other students gathered around. She found Tracy face down on the ground with Susan holding her to the ground with one arm bent up behind her back. Tracy was groaning in pain from how far Susan had her arm twisted up her back.

     “Get off me you bitch...! You’re going to break my arm off...!” Tracy snarled at Susan as she tried to make her let go, but Susan had her in such a firm hold that nothing she did was doing her any good.

     “I don’t think that’s going to happen, not while you plan to hurt my friend.” Susan said in a calm voice as she kept hold of Tracy’s arm. Susan only let go of Tracy when she heard the voice of the headmistress coming towards her.

     “All the students not directly involved in this little incident leave now...!” Jennifer said in a booming voice that soon had all the students not involved running away.

    Susan stepped back to join Chloe and the others while Tracy got to her feet and brushed the grass off her uniform just before she started holding the arm Susan had just twisted up behind her back.

     “She assaulted me Miss Scott.” Tracy said in a whiny voice as she pointed at Susan. “I want her expelled for it.” Tracy ordered.

     “I saw what happened Ms Morgan, and it looked like Susan was just defending her friend.” Jennifer said in a dry tone that made it sound like she was already bored with listening to Tracy speak. “And please don’t dictate terms to me Ms Morgan, or it will be you getting expelled.” She added in a warning tone.

     “But Miss Scott, she was telling lies about me.” Tracy whined some more.

     “And what lies would that be?” Jennifer asked.

     “She said that I gave her bad directions when I never did.” Tracy said as she pointed at Chloe this time.

     “Are you really going to try this with me?” Jennifer asked with an amused look on her face. “I was the one that Jane came to about Chloe being on the roof, and then you came up to me and admitted that it was you that played a prank on Chloe in the first place.”

     “But I didn’t do it; I’d never do something like that and get my friend in trouble.” Tracy argued.

     “It wouldn’t be the first time you’ve turned your back on someone that thought you were their friend.” Jennifer said referring to the fact that Tracy had turned her back on Stacy and then told Jane about Stephanie once being Stacy’s brother.

     “But that was different.” Tracy said looking shocked at what Jennifer had just said.

     “She’s no friend of mine.” Jane said as she turned around and carried on picking up litter.

    Tracy went to follow Jane, but stopped again when Jennifer asked where she thought she was going. “I haven’t done with you young lady.” Jennifer added with a frown.

     “What have I done now Miss Scott?” Tracy sounded nervous.

     “Ms Ashcroft, would you like to take this matter further?” Jennifer asked as she looked at Chloe.

     “No Miss Scott, I’m not bothered, and no harm was done.” Chloe said as she smiled at Susan, grateful for what she’d done to stop Tracy doing whatever it was she’d planned to do.

     “I think you should say thank you to Chloe for being so understanding, don’t you Tracy?” Jennifer asked.

     “You want me to thank her?” Tracy asked looking shocked at what she was hearing.

     “Do you have trouble understanding English child?” Jennifer asked in a tone that said she was getting bored with Tracy now.

     “No Miss Scott.” Tracy said sounding defeated. “Thank you Chloe.” Tracy said, but she didn’t sound sorry.

     “Thank you for what?” Jennifer pushed.

     “Thank you for not wanting me to get in trouble for trying to attack you.” Tracy said with a sigh.

     “Very good, now be on your way, and keep away from Chloe and her friends in future, or I will be expelling someone, and it won’t be Susan or any of her friends.” Jennifer warned.

    Tracy understood what Jennifer was getting at and ran off in the same direction as Jane had gone. Chloe knew that Tracy would keep trying to get back on Jane’s good side, but as long as she was doing that, Chloe knew she’d be keeping away from her, so that was fine.

     “I know that you were just protecting your friend Susan, but please try not to be so rough with them in future.” Jennifer said, turning her attention back to Susan, Chloe and the others once she’d watched Tracy run out of sight.

     “I’m sorry Miss Scott, I just reacted to the threat I saw.” Susan blushed.

     “I can understand that my dear.” Jennifer smiled to let Susan know she wasn’t angry with her. “I’m glad to see you finally making some friends, and I must say they are a fine bunch of friends you found.” Jennifer added with pride. “Now be on your way, and enjoy what’s left of your lunch break.”

     “Yes Miss Scott.” All the girls said just before they turned and walked across the field towards a large oak tree.

     “Thanks Suzy.” Chloe said once they were all seated under the large tree.

     “That was pretty amazing what you did to Tracy.” Stacy giggled as she thought about the look on Tracy’s face as she was thrown to the ground and pinned there by Susan.

     “Where did you learn to do that?” Sophie asked sounding impressed with Susan’s skills.

     “My father also teaches self defence as well as music, and I use to help him with his classes.” Susan shrugged like it wasn’t a big deal.

     “I’m glad you did.” Chloe grinned as she gave Susan a hug. Chloe felt Susan stiffen, but she seemed to relax again pretty quick as she let out a sigh.

     “I’ve never liked that Tracy much anyway, and I’ve had a problem with her since she started all that trouble last term with Stacy.” Susan said as she sat pulling blades of grass out the ground, so as not to make eye contact with any of them. “I thought Stacy would get a kick out of me using some of it on her.” she added with a grin.

     “Well you can consider yourself forgiven for how you spoke to me last term now then.” Stacy said with a giggle as she leapt across Chloe to give Susan a hug. The two girls fell to the ground with both of them giggling, even if Susan’s was more of a nervous giggle.

     “You’re part of our group now Suzy.” Sophie giggled as she watched Stacy and Susan sitting back up again, now covered in grass.

    Chloe leaned back against the tree and closed her eyes just enjoying the nice summers day. Then she realised that she’d not seen Finlay or Paul yet today, so she sat up looking worried all of a sudden.

     “Everything alright Chloe?” Stacy asked, seeing the worry on her friends face.

     “I just realised that I’ve not seen anything of Finlay today, do you think he’s had enough of me already?” Chloe asked sounding a little sad.

     “No, he and Paul are off visiting their friend in hospital today.” Sophie said. “Danny was the third Musketeer until he fell off the rock climbing wall last term.” Sophie explained.

     “Is he alright?” Chloe asked sounding worried now.

     “He hit his head and has been in a coma ever since it happened. Fin and Paul go to see him every Wednesday and Saturday.” Jade said.

     “Will he ever wake up again?” Chloe asked.

     “The doctors aren’t sure, but Fin and Paul go and speak to him all the time, and keep him up to date on all the gossip around school.” Sophie giggled. “I bet he’s heard all about you by now.” Sophie added.

     “That might be the one thing that wakes him up.” Jade giggled. “He could start begging Fin to shut up about the cute new girl that’s started at school.” She added in a deep voice, trying to sound like a boy.

     “Does he really talk about me that much?” Chloe asked with a blush to her cheeks.

     “All the time, and I see that you’re missing him as well.” Jade grinned.

     “I’m not missing him; I just wondered where he was.” Chloe argued.

     “Are you talking about Danny Blakeley?” Susan asked. “Has he still not come out of his coma then?”

     “No, Fin was saying that his family are really worried because the doctors can’t find any real reason for why he hasn’t come out of it.” Sophie sounded worried. “You saw it happen didn’t you?” Sophie asked.

     “Yes, I was part of the afterschool club when it happened.” Susan said with a shudder.

     “What happened?” Chloe asked.

     “Danny was playing around with Finlay and Paul; they all argued that they could get up the wall faster than the other.” Susan started to explain. “Finlay and Paul started to hook up their safety lines, but Danny decided he could climb up without one, so he just started to climb freehand.” Susan frowned.

     “And he fell?” Chloe said as she put her hand to her mouth.

     “Finlay and Paul blamed themselves for not trying to stop him, but Danny always was a force of nature, and they never would have stopped him.” Susan frowned again.

     “Do Danny’s parents know what happened?” Chloe asked.

     “Yes, and they don’t blame Fin or Paul either. They’re just glad their son has visitors a couple of times a week.” Sophie said.

    Chloe found herself wondering if this Danny was on the other side now, or if he was still trapped in his body. She knew she’d have to ask Spirit later, and find out if there was anything she could do to help Danny wake up again.

    Jade pulled out a fashion magazine and sat with Sophie and Susan talking about different dresses and hairstyles the celebrities and models had in it. Chloe and Stacy were happy to sit and listen while Jade gave Susan an education. It was soon time to be heading back into the school to start their afternoon lessons though, so they all got up and started walking towards the school.

     “What’s our first lesson this afternoon anyway?” Sophie asked sounding bored already.

     “Music.” Chloe said as she remembered it from her chat with Susan just before lunch.

     “That means we have your dad teaching us then?” Sophie asked as she looked at Susan.

     “Yes...” Susan groaned. “I hope he doesn’t ask me to play the piano again this term.”

     “I’d always be playing if I was as good as you Suzy.” Stacy said sounding jealous if Susan’s ability to play.

     “You can play the piano then Suzy?” Chloe asked, using the new nickname they now had for Susan.

     “Yes a little, but I’m not as good as my father is.” Susan said, playing down Stacy’s praise.

     “You’re not far off being as good as him though Suzy.” Stacy argued.

     “Can you play?” Susan asked, trying to move the conversation away from her, and back to Chloe.

     “No, but I’ve always liked to listen to people play.” Chloe said, she almost added that she used to like listening to her mother play before she got ill, but that was James’ mother not Chloe’s that use to play. James’ stepfather had sold the piano not long after James’ mother had passed away. James couldn’t play it, but he use to like sitting there and thinking back to the times he would sit at his mother’s side while her hands danced across the keys.

     “Would you like to learn how to play?” Susan asked sounding hopeful.

     “Do you think you could teach me?” Chloe asked, snapping out of her painful memory of James’ mother.

     “I can teach you both the basics if you’d like?” Susan said as she looked at Chloe and then Stacy.

     “I’d love to learn, please teach me...!” Stacy grinned as she started clapping her hands together and jumping up and down like a small child.

     “It sounds like a lot of fun, count me in.” Chloe giggled as she looked in Stacy’s direction.

     “Would either of you be interested in learning?” Susan asked as she looked at Sophie and Jade.

     “I’m fine thanks.” Sophie said. “I spend enough time tapping computer keys, without starting on a piano as well.” Sophie added as she started typing on an imaginary keyboard.

     “Me and music don’t get on, so I’ll pass as well.” Jade said with a pained look.

     “Was it really that bad?” Chloe asked when she saw the look on Jade’s face.

     “Trust me Chloe, it was worse.” Sophie said with a shudder as she remembered something.

    Chloe was soon snapping a hand over her mouth when a giggle escaped her lips. “I’m sorry.” She mumbled through her hand.

     “Don’t be.” Jade laughed as she waved her hand in a way that let Chloe know she wasn’t bothered. “Sophie is right, it was far worse than bad. The music teacher said I was tone deaf, whatever that means.” Jade laughed some more as she shrugged.

     “Do you mean Suzy’s dad said that to you?” Chloe asked.

     “No this was the year before while we still had the old music teacher.” Jade explained. “I just sit at the back of the class now and keep my head down.” Jade added with a grin.

     “What was it you tried to play for the old music teacher Jade?” Susan asked.

     “It was the violin. I thought the music teachers eyes were going to pop out his head when I tried to play it for him.” Jade sniggered as she remembered it. “He snatched the violin back off me and said that I was tone deaf and should never torture the world with my playing ever again, but I‘m sure he said that the CIA might find a use for my playing.” Jade added the last part with a puzzled look. Susan must have understood what the music teacher had meant, because she burst out in a fit of giggles.

     “I think he was trying to say that the CIA could use you to get information out of people by having you play the violin in front of them.” Susan explained once she’d stopped laughing and got her breath back. This soon had the others giggling and Jade pouting, but even she was soon joining in, as she couldn’t argue with the idea.

    The five girls all made their way back into the school and got their bags out their lockers before making their way to the music room where Susan’s father was waiting to teach them.

    Chloe wasn’t sure how Susan’s father would greet her when they entered the classroom, but she wasn’t shocked when he just looked in her direction and smiled before he went back to writing on the blackboard.

    Mr Smith was a kind looking man, and he was a good teacher Chloe found out as he made them all laugh with his musical humour. Susan would just put her head in her hands and groan at her father’s bad jokes. He did come over to them once the lesson was over though.

     “I hear you had some trouble at lunchtime Susan, are you alright?” Mr Smith asked with worry in his voice.

     “I’m fine sir; I just stopped a girl from picking on one of my friends.” Susan said as she smiled at Chloe.

     “Your friends...?” Mr Smith said with a smile. “I’m glad to see you finally making some friends.” He added with a grin.

     “Dad...” Susan grumbled under her breath sounding embarrassed by her father and the way he was acting.

     “I know, I know.” Mr Smith sighed. “You better get a move on and get to your next class.” He added with a smile.

     “Okay, see you later dad.” Susan smiled just before she gave him a quick hug. Chloe noticed the shocked look on his face before he hugged her back and then they all left to get to their next lesson. Chloe couldn’t help wondering if this was the first time Susan had relaxed enough to show her father any affection Chloe also found herself wanting to know more about Susan’s past, and how she came to be the way she was now.

*****

    All five girls let out a happy sigh as they left their last lesson of the day. They were all looking forward to relaxing and having some fun.

     “We’re all going for a horse ride Susan; do you want to join us?” Stacy asked looking hopeful.

     “I’d love to, but I have an appointment to get to with my dad.” Susan pouted.

     “Can’t you put it off?” Sophie asked.

     “No, not really, it’s a doctor’s appointment, and my father would never let me duck out on one of them.” Susan frowned.

     “I hope it’s nothing serious.” Jade said sounding worried for her new friend.

     “It’s just a check up connected to the reason I can’t do sports anymore.” Susan said keeping her answer vague.

    Chloe and Stacy knew the real reason for the doctor’s appointment, and why Susan was vague with her answer, but they weren’t going to say anything because neither of them was suppose to know about Susan’s secret.

     “What about joining us tomorrow night for a ride then?” Stacy asked, hoping to direct the questioning away from Susan’s trip to the doctors.

     “I’ll need to check with my dad, but I can’t see a problem with it.” Susan smiled.

    Susan gave Chloe and Stacy a quick hug just before the two of them had to make their way out to meet up with Ashley who would be waiting for them out in front of the main building. Susan was going to meet up with her father at the music room, and Sophie and Jade were going to their dorm room to get changed and then they were going to cycle over to Stacy’s.

    Ashley was sat in her car waving her head around as she sang to some song on her radio. Chloe and Stacy both had to giggle when they saw how caught up in the music Ashley was.

     “Your aunt is really quite insane you know.” Stacy giggled as they got closer to the car and could hear Ashley happily singing along with the song, due to her having the window down.

     “I know, but I love her for it.” Chloe giggled as she opened the back passenger door and jumped in, followed by Stacy.

    Ashley stopped singing and smiled at the two girls just before she started singing along to the song again and dancing around. Chloe and Stacy looked at each other, and then they joined in as well. Ashley pulled away from the school with all three of them singing along and getting odd looks from some of the other students and their parents.

     “How was school today you pair?” Ashley asked once the song had finished and she’d turned the radio back down again.

     “It was alright. Stacy and I made a new friend, and she’s going to teach us how to play the piano.” Chloe said, but leaving out the person’s name, just in case Ashley said something to Valarie about it.

     “That’s nice sweetie.” Ashley smiled at her in the rear view mirror. “Did you see your boyfriend today?” She added with a grin, which turned into a giggle when she saw the shocked look on Chloe’s face at the use of the word ‘boyfriend’.

     “Fin is not my boyfriend.” Chloe snapped, looking a little embarrassed. “I’ve only just met him, and we’re barely friends.” Chloe added.

     “But did you spend time with him?” Ashley asked taking no notice of Chloe’s argument.

     “No I haven’t seen him today.” Chloe shot back. “He and Paul were away from school today visiting a friend in hospital.” Chloe explained.

     “What happened?” Ashley asked looking worried.

     “A boy called Danny was in a climbing accident last term, and he’s been in a coma ever since. Fin and Paul are his friends, so they go to see him a couple of times a week to sit and talk about school and other stuff.” Stacy said. “Sophie was saying that the doctors aren’t sure he’ll ever wake up, but they don’t understand what’s stopping him.” Stacy added.

     “The poor boy.” Ashley said sounding sad. “It must be hard on the boy’s parents to see their son like that.” Ashley added as she thought about Valarie and how she was when the real Chloe died, but to see your child in a hospital bed and not be able to do anything about it must be even harder for a parent to deal with.

     “Danny was always nice, and he was always making people laugh.” Stacy said with a thoughtful look on her face. “Fin and Paul have both looked a little lost without him.” Stacy added with a sigh.

     “Do either of you have any homework to do?” Ashley asked, trying to change the subject to something lighter.

     “No, we got away without any today.” Chloe grinned.

     “I’ve brought your sports bag with a change of clothes in it.” Ashley grinned. “It’s down here.” Ashley said as she pointed into the front passenger foot well of her car.

    Chloe had packed a change of clothes so she could change out of her school uniform at Stacy’s, once they finished their homework, or before they started it, but they hadn’t been given any today, so the two of them could get changed and then go straight out to the stables.

     “Thanks Aunty Ash.” Chloe said happy to be seeing Shadow much earlier today than she had the last couple of days.

    Ashley dropped the two girls off at Stacy’s, but she didn’t go in to see Stacy’s mum because she was helping Valarie cook dinner. Dr Kaufman was coming over that evening and Valarie was trying to impress him.

    Stacy ran into the house and jumped into her mother’s arms with a giggle. “Hi mummy.” Stacy said as she hugged her and then kissed her mum on the cheek.

     “Someone seems happy today.” Dorothy said as she hugged Stacy back.

     “I’m super happy because I don’t have any homework to do, and I also saw Tracy get in trouble with Scottie.” Stacy grinned.

     “It’s Miss Scott, she’s not a dog.” Dorothy frowned. She thought the same as Chloe when it came to Jennifer’s nickname. “I hope you had nothing to do with Tracy getting in trouble?” Dorothy asked.

     “No, but she was asking for all she got because she tried to get Chloe in trouble by giving her bad directions.” Stacy pouted.

     “I wouldn’t ask the girl if it was daytime, even if I could look out a window and see it for myself.” Dorothy grumbled. Chloe could see that Stacy’s mum liked Tracy about as much as Stacy did, not that Chloe could blame her after what she did last term.

     “Her little plan backfired though, and she ended up getting Jane Bridgeport in trouble.” Stacy said sounding excited. “She ended up on littler picking duty.” Stacy added

     “Who...? Tracy...?” Dorothy asked with a grin.

     “No, Jane, but Jane said she didn’t want Tracy as a friend anymore because of what happened.” Stacy said.

    Chloe could see that Stacy’s mum loved to hear all the gossip from school. Chloe could also see that Dorothy was happy to see her youngest daughter having so much fun at school again.

    Stacy finally finished telling her mother all the latest news from school and the two of them went up to get changed so they could go out and see their horses. Stacy had also been dying to find out how she got Jane and Tracy in trouble. They had had Sophie, Jade and Susan around all day since the trouble that morning, so Stacy couldn’t ask for any details, but now they were both alone in her bedroom, Stacy wanted all the details.

     “So what happened up on the roof? Did you speak with Heather?” Stacy asked the second the bedroom door was closed and they were alone.

     “Yes I spoke with Heather.” Chloe started. “She was up on the roof trying to get away from her roommate when she saw Jane and another girl up there, they were getting intimate with each other, so Heather hid until they were done, but Jane caught Heather as she was about to leave the roof. The two of them got into a fight and Heather almost fell off the roof.”

     “Almost fell off the roof?” Stacy asked looking confused.

     “She was trying to stop herself falling when Jane ran over and pushed her.” Chloe frowned.

     “So Jane did kill her...?” Stacy looked shocked to find this out. Stacy knew that Jane was a bitch, but she didn’t think Jane would go as far as to kill someone.

     “Yes she did, but I can’t prove any of it.” Chloe sighed.

     “What do you plan to do with what you do know?” Stacy asked as she started to get changed into her riding clothes.

     “Spirit plans to haunt Jane into coming clean about what she did.” Chloe explained. “Spirit is going to keep showing up around Jane looking like Heather, and hopefully guilt her into admitting to what she did.”

     “I’m not sure that will work on an evil bitch like Jane.” Stacy pointed out.

     “She looked pretty freaked out when Spirit first showed up looking like Heather.” Chloe giggled. “Jane walked right into a wall because of it.”

     “She did...?” Stacy giggled. “Why do I always miss the fun stuff?” Stacy added with a pout.

     “I’m sure Spirit will be doing much more haunting while you’re around.” Chloe smiled.

     “How were you able to get Tracy in trouble with Jane?”

     “Just like I said earlier.” Chloe said in a matter of fact way. “She turned up just after Jane brought Miss Scott to the door that led to the roof. Jane must have been watching me or something, and then she ran off to tell Miss Scott where I’d gone.

     “But how did you get Tracy involved?” Stacy asked, still not understanding.

     “Spirit made herself look like Tracy and then it was her that turned up and admitted to helping Jane get me in trouble, but she said she couldn’t live with seeing me get expelled for a prank.” Chloe explained.

     “So I have Spirit to thank for that little show at lunchtime?” Stacy giggled excitedly.

     “I thought you’d enjoy a little payback.” Spirit grinned as she suddenly appeared in the bedroom.

     “Did I ever...!” Stacy grinned as she leapt at Spirit and gave her a big hug to thank her. “It’s nice to think of Tracy not having Jane as a friend anymore.” Stacy added with an evil smile.

     “Don’t get too excited about that part.” Spirit frowned. “Heather was just telling me that Tracy has promised to get you back for what happened to her.” Spirit explained.

     “Do you know what she plans to do?” Chloe asked looking nervous.

     “No, not yet.” Spirit shrugged. “Heather is tied to Jane, so she can’t follow Tracy and keep an eye on her for us, but I’ll do what I can to keep her from doing anything to bad.” Spirit promised.

     “Tracy isn’t the smartest person I know, but she is a bitch that will stab anyone in the back to get what she wants.” Stacy warned.

     “I don’t understand why Jane is going to let her go back to her little group though, not after she saw her admit to something they never did.” Chloe sounded confused.

     “I did warn you about Jane not being the brightest student in school.” Stacy said sounding sarcastic.

     “Well I’m not going to worry about any of that stuff until tomorrow.” Chloe said, making her mind up. “I’m going to relax and go see how my horse is doing today.” Chloe added as she started to get changed herself.

     “What do you plan to tell your mother about Susan?” Stacy asked while they got changed.

     “I’m not going to say anything to her about it.” Chloe gave the simple answer.

     “Are you sure that’s wise?” Spirit asked, not looking happy with Chloe’s choice.

     “I have to agree with Spirit on this one Chloe.” Stacy said. “You mum will be really upset with you when she finds out.”

     “I just know that mother will tell me to stop hanging out with Susan if she knew I’d made friends with her.” Chloe said in a pleading tone.

     “You don’t know that for sure sis, but mother will be angry with you for not telling her.” Spirit argued. “Lies do no good at all.” Spirit added.

     “Thinking like that would mean I need to tell everyone about not really being you then, and the fact that I’m really a boy...!” Chloe snapped back angrily.

     “That’s a different kind of lie sis and you know it.” Spirit said sounding hurt over Chloe’s attitude.

     “I’ll wait and see how things go between Susan and me before I spoil it all.” Chloe said with a sigh. “I’m sorry for snapping at you sis.” Chloe added as she wrapped her arms around Spirit and hugged her.

     “Mother won’t force you to stop being her friend, but she will give you some advice about how to handle the friendship properly.” Spirit said sounding wise beyond her years.

     “How can you be sure of this sis?” Chloe asked, breaking the hug and looking Spirit in the eyes. “I couldn’t hurt Susan by suddenly telling her we can’t be friends.” Chloe added looking worried.

     “Now you’re just being silly.” Spirit laughed. “Mother isn’t like that.”

     “I’m still going to wait and see if I need to tell her that Susan and I are friends.” Chloe said as a final word before she went back to getting changed into jeans and a sweatshirt.

    Chloe and Stacy were soon changed and ready to head back down stairs to go on a ride once Sophie and Jade arrived. Spirit vanished again to head back over to the school and see if she could find out what Tracy had planned for Chloe.

*****

    Chloe was just feeding some apple pieces to the horses when she saw her aunty walk around the corner to collect her so they could return home and get ready for dinner.

     “Hi trouble.” Ashley smiled as she reached Chloe and wrapped her arms around her. “Did you have a good ride?” she asked as she looked down at Chloe and kissed her on the forehead.

     “Yes I did Aunty Ash, but I’m ready for my dinner now.” Chloe smiled up at her aunt.

     “We better get you home then, so you can have a shower and get changed.” Ashley said as she screwed her nose up. “You smell like a horse.” Ashley added.

    Chloe was about to say something, but she stopped when Shadow let out a grunt from the side of her to let Ashley know he took offence at that comment.

     “I’m sorry boy, but the smell of horses isn’t proper for a young lady.” Ashley apologised as she picked up a full apple and fed it to Shadow.

     “He forgives you.” Spirit giggled as she appeared stood next to Chloe.

     “He’s a beautiful animal.” Ashley said as she stroked the side of his neck. Shadow grunted again as he nodded his head up and down.

     “He’s saying thank you for the apple, and for the compliment.” Spirit explained to Ashley, who had stopped stroking Shadow’s neck thinking she’d done something wrong, but she carried on again once she knew he liked it.

     “You’re welcome boy.” Ashley smiled as she gave Shadow a quick kiss on the bridge of his nose.

     “If he wasn’t a black horse, I’m sure he’d be blushing now Aunty Ash.” Chloe giggled.

     “I’m sure he would.” Ashley agreed. “You better say your goodbyes to him, so we can get home and get ready for the good doctor to arrive.”

    Chloe gave Shadow a hug and then she kissed him on the bridge of his nose before she ran down the courtyard to catch up with Ashley. Chloe knocked on the door at the back of Stacy’s house and waited for Stacy and Dorothy to come to the door. Stacy had been called in twenty minutes ago to have her dinner, so Chloe had stopped out at the stables entertaining the horses while Stacy ate. Chloe went up to Stacy’s room and grabbed her sports bag with her uniform in and then went back out to say goodbye.

     “I’ll see you in the morning Stace.” Chloe said as she hugged her friend.

     “Okay Chloe.” Stacy smiled as she hugged Chloe back.

    Stacy and her mum stood and waved to Chloe and Ashley as they drove away.

*****

     “I hear you had some excitement at school today.” Ashley said as she drove home.

     “What have you heard?” Chloe asked nervously, not sure which fun Ashley was talking about.

     “Jennifer’s come over for dinner and she was just telling me and your mother about some girl giving you bad directions, and how the girl then owned up to what she did.” Ashley said with a raised eyebrow like she didn’t believe what Jennifer had told her. “Jenny said she found it hard to believe that the girl would admit to anything.”

     “She was just trying to correct a prank that had gone wrong.” Chloe said as she looked out the window not wanting to make eye contact with her aunt.

     “Jenny said it was like the girl was a completely different person, or possessed by someone else at the very least.” Ashley said in a tone that was leaving Chloe space to admit to something.

     “I’m not sure what you’re getting at Aunty Ash.” Chloe said trying to look innocent.

     “I think it was Spirit that showed up pretending to be this other girl, just to get you out of trouble.” Ashley explained when she saw that Chloe was going to keep playing dumb.

    Chloe opened her mouth to argue, but she stopped when she felt Spirit appear in the back of the car. “You may as well admit it sis, Aunty Ash can read us like a book.” Spirit sighed as she leaned her elbows on the back of the seats and then rested her head on the joined hands.

     “So were you really tricked into going up on the roof, or was it all just one big lie to stop you getting told off?” Ashley asked sounding a little angry over being lied to.

     “It was all a lie, but I did have a reason for going up on the roof Aunty Ash.” Chloe pleaded.

     “And what was this reason?” Ashley asked as she pulled over to the side of the road so she could look at Chloe and Spirit.

     “I found the ghost of a girl that died at the school, and I was trying to help her cross over.” Chloe said, but only telling part of the story she knew.

     “And were you able to help her?” Ashley asked in a much calmer tone know she knew a little more behind Chloe’s reason for going up on the roof in the first place.

     “I’ve made a start, but I need to look into it a little more before I can help her pass over.” Chloe explained. “Can you please keep it between us? I don’t want to worry mother or Miss Scott with any of it.”

     “I don’t like keeping secrets Chloe, but I will this time, just don’t go getting any more girls in trouble.” Ashley warned. “The last thing you need is a group of girls trying to get even with you while you’re running around the school playing ghost whisperer.”

     ‘It’s a little late for that.’ Chloe thought to herself.

    Ashley was soon pulling into the large gravel driveway in front of the house and Chloe jumped out and grabbed her bag before making her way into the house. Ashley had already taken Chloe’s book bag and laptop home earlier when she picked the two girls up from school.

     “Hi mum...!” Chloe shouted as she entered the house.

     “Hello sweetie.” Valarie said as she walked out the kitchen with Jennifer following close behind. “How were school and your horse ride?” she asked as she gave Chloe a hug and a kiss on the forehead.

     “The horse ride was amazing and school was okay, apart from some girls trying to get me in trouble.” Chloe pouted when she said the last part.

     “Jenny was just telling me about that.” Valarie said. “It’s a good job that girl showed up and admitted to playing a prank on you.” Valarie added in the same tone as Ashley had used in the car.

     “Yes it was.” Chloe giggled nervously. “I better go and take a shower and get changed ready for dinner.” Chloe added as she stepped back before she spun around and ran up the stairs.

     “I’ve laid out a dress for you to wear this evening...!” Valarie shouted up to her.

*****

    Spirit was sat on Chloe’s bed when she walked out the bathroom after taking a quick shower. Spirit couldn’t help smiling when she saw the way Chloe had the towel wrapped around her chest like a normal girl or woman would, even though she had nothing to hide yet.

     “I need the practice.” Chloe said when she saw Spirit looking at her chest and how she had the towel wrapped around her.

     “I never said anything.” Spirit smirked.

     “I could tell what you were thinking by the look on your face.” Chloe said as she stuck her nose in the air trying to look superior.

     “I’m sorry that you don’t have anything to hide up there yet.” Spirit sighed as she watched Chloe drop down onto the bed next to her looking a little glum.

     “I’m taking the right pills now, so I hope to have something to hide soon.” Chloe said trying to look hopeful as she looked down at her towel covered chest.

     “You will sis.” Spirit said as she threw her arms around Chloe and hugged her. They were both soon giggling when they were attacked by Angel and Smokey, who thought they were missing out on some fuss.

     “I’d love to sit and fuss the two of you all night, but I have to get dressed ready for dinner.” Chloe said when she saw the fancy looking dress laid out on the bed waiting for her. “Why do I have to wear such a fancy thing just to eat a meal?” Chloe asked sounding absent minded.

     “Mum’s trying to impress the doctor, and I thought you’d jump at the chance to play dress up.” Spirit said with a grin.

     “I do like to look nice, but I’m just happy to be dressing like any normal girl my age.” Chloe said sounding nervous. “I’m a little scared of getting dressed up for a man.” Chloe added with fear in her voice.

     “Do these feeling have anything to do with what your stepfather made you do?” Spirit asked, but she’d spent some time sharing Chloe’s body, so she already knew the answer was yes.

     “Yes, I guess so.” Chloe admitted. “I know I’m just being silly, but I can’t help feeling scared.”

     “You’ve been through a lot, and none of it is just going to go away over night, but you already know that Dr Kaufman is nothing like your stepfather, or any of those men he brought home with him.” Spirit said as she got to her feet and pulled Chloe to her feet and then she gave her a hug before she started to help Chloe get ready.

     “What are you doing?” Chloe asked when she saw Spirit walk over to a chest of draws and she returned with a padded training bra for Chloe to wear.

     “I think this will help you feel a little better this evening, and it will also make the dress fit you better.” Spirit smiled.

    Spirit was right, Chloe did feel better when she looked down and saw she had a small set of breast pushing out the navy blue silk dress Valarie had left out for her to wear that evening.

     “I feel a little silly dressed like this.” Chloe said as she looked in the mirror.

     “You look really pretty sis.” Spirit argued. “And you feel special, not silly.” She scolded her lightly.

     “I’ll just die if I spill anything down this dress.” Chloe said, sounding like a typical teenage girl as she ran her hands over the silky material.

    Chloe was soon wearing a matching pair of sandals and was just brushing out her hair when there was a knock at the door. Valarie poked her head around after she heard Chloe call out for her to enter.

     “Do you want me to help with your hair sweetie?” Valarie asked as she walked over to where Chloe was sat at her dressing table.

     “Yes please mother.” Chloe smiled as she looked at Valarie in the mirror.

     “Hello Spirit, how have you been keeping? I’ve not seen much of you the past couple of days.” Valarie pouted just before she started grinning because she could still see her other daughter.

     “Hi mummy.” Spirit grinned. “Sorry about that, but I’ve been busy with trainee angel stuff.” Spirit added with pride.

     “Does that include pretending to be other girls at school?” Valarie asked with a raised eyebrow as she looked over at Spirit to see her reaction to the question.

     “No mother, I only did that to stop Chloe getting in trouble.” Spirit said with worry in her voice. “That Tracy was asking for it anyway.” Spirit added with a frown as she crossed her arms looking stubborn.

     “Jennifer was only going to give Chloe detention for one lunchtime anyway, due to her not knowing the rules yet, and it being her first offence.” Valarie informed the two of them. “What were you doing up on the roof anyway?” Valarie asked as she looked at Chloe in the mirror this time.

     “I took the wrong turn and ended up on the roof.” Chloe lied. “A girl called Jane ran to Jennifer and told her, hoping to get me expelled for it, I think.” Chloe added nervously.

     “Due to you being new to this sweetie, I’ll let you get away with this little lie, but in future I will be forced to punish you for lying, so do you want to tell me the real reason for you being on the roof at school?” Valarie asked as she brought her head down to Chloe’s ear and she whispered every word, even though it was just the three of them in the room.

    Chloe looked at Valarie in the mirror and could see she wasn’t angry with her, but she was waiting for an answer she would believe.

     “I needed to talk with a girl that died at the school to see if I could help her cross over to the other side.” Chloe said with a sigh. “I’m sorry I lied to you mother.” Chloe added.

     “And were you able to help her?” Valarie asked like it was the most normal thing in the world to talk about.

     “We made a start in looking into helping her, but it will take a little time to sort out.” Chloe said as she tried to keep it vague, but without actually lying. They did need to get Jane to admit to what she did, and that was going to take some time to sort out.

     “Please talk to Jennifer the next time you need to do something like that, she can help you sort it out, so she doesn’t have to punish you for getting caught.” Valarie explained while she played with Chloe’s hair.

     “I will mother.” Chloe smiled as she realised just how great her new mother was.

    Valarie soon had Chloe’s hair looking pretty and they were ready to head back down stairs. Valarie asked if Spirit wanted to join them, but she wanted to get back to the school and see what Heather had found out about Tracy’s plan, if she’d been able to find out anything at all yet.

    Chloe and Valarie had just got to the bottom of the stairs when there was a knock at the front door, so the two of them made their way over and opened it to find Dr Kaufman stood there holding a bottle of wine in one hand, and a bunch of red roses in the other.

     “I must have come to the wrong house.” Robert Kaufman smiled. “You two look far too beautiful to be having dinner with me tonight.” He added.

     “Get in here and stop being silly.” Valarie giggled like a school girl as she took hold of Roberts arm and pulled him in through the door.

     “Both of you do look very beautiful.” Robert said as he handed Valarie the roses. “I saw these and just had to buy them for you.” He added with cheeks as red as the roses.

     “They’re very beautiful Robert, thank you so much.” Valarie blushed as she smelt the roses.

     “Not as beautiful as you.” He said as he lifted Valarie’s free hand up to his lips and kissed it. “I brought a bottle of wine for Ashley; she seemed to like the last one I brought.” He added with a grin as he held up the bottle in his other hand.

     “If you keep spoiling my sister like this, I may have to fight for you.” Valarie giggled as she looked at the bottle of wine.

     “As beautiful as Ashley is, she seems a little too wild for me to handle,” Robert admitted with a grin.

     “That’s always been my big sisters problem.” Valarie said as she rolled her eyes. “She’s scared more men away than I’ve had hot dinners.”

     “I’m sure she’ll find someone to tame her one day.” Robert laughed. “Oh, I brought you a little something as well Chloe.” Robert said as he went in his jacket pocket and pulled out a large bag of gummy bears for her.

     “Thank you Dr Kaufman.” Chloe grinned as she took the large bag of sweets off him. Chloe had forgotten all about her worries from earlier, she remembered that Dr Kaufman was nothing like those other men James’ stepfather would bring home with him.

     “Please call me Robert, and you’re most welcome.” He smiled.

     “You can put them away until after dinner young lady.” Valarie said in a warning tone when she saw that Chloe was just about to open the packet.

     “But mum...” Chloe whined.

     “But nothing, first dinner, and then you can have some.” Valarie said as she took the sweets off her.

    Chloe pouted, but she also found herself wanting to grin at the fact she had a mum again that worried about her spoiling her dinner, so Chloe snapped out of her mood and skipped off into the dining room to see if she could help Ashley and Jennifer set the table.

*****

     “I could get use to eating like that.” Robert said as he pushed his dissert dish away and sat back in his chair feeling full.

     “You make it sound like you don’t eat properly.” Valarie said with worry in her voice.

     “He doesn’t.” Jennifer frowned. “I’m convinced he could burn a pan of water if he tried.” She added.

     “What do you eat then?” Valarie asked.

     “I can make a sandwich, and I do like ready meals.” He said in his own defence. “They give me easy to follow instructions on the back of the packets.” He added sounding impressed with himself.

     “I can see that I will have to start and look after you a bit better.” Valarie said with a shake of her head. “I want you to join us for dinner at least three times a week, and I’ll make you some meals to cover for the rest of the week.” Valarie said sounding more like a mother than a girlfriend.

     “I don’t want to put you to any trouble Val.” Robert tried to argue.

     “Then stop arguing with me about this and let me make sure you’re eating properly.” Valarie frowned. “I thought doctors were supposed to warn against eating too many ready meals, and stuff that’s bad for you?” Valarie asked.

     “Doctors are good at giving advice, but when it comes to listening to it themselves, forget about it.” Jennifer said with a wave of her hand.

     “Jen does have a point.” Robert laughed. “I never have been too good when it came to looking after myself.” He admitted.

     “Why don’t the two of you go to the living room and have a chat, while Jenny and I sort out the dishes?” Ashley said as she got up from the table.

     “I should help as well.” Robert offered. “You did help Val cook the meal.”

     “I did, but I don’t mind, and I think the two of you should spend as much time together as you can.” Ashley grinned as she pushed Robert back down into his seat.

     “Do you want me to help Aunty Ash?” Chloe asked.

     “Jenny and I can sort it; you go and relax for the rest of the night.” Ashley said as she pulled Chloe into a hug and kissed her on the top of her head.

     “Can I take my sweets with me?” Chloe asked with a grin as she looked at Valarie.

     “You still have room for them?” Valarie asked looking shocked.

     “Not at the minute, but I’m sure to want some later in the evening.” Chloe mumbled.

     “Alright then, but don’t go pigging out on them.” Valarie warned.

     “Thank you mummy...!” Chloe grinned as she threw herself at Valarie and kissed her on the cheek while she gave her a hug. “Thank you once again for the sweets Robert.” Chloe added as she gave him a hug as well.

     “Think nothing of it Chloe.” Robert smiled as he hugged Chloe back.

    Chloe’s bedroom was empty when she got up there apart from her two kittens asleep on the bed. They both lifted their head and started purring the minute Chloe entered the room, and they were both soon fighting for a good spot on her knee once she was sat on the bed with the TV remote in her hand.

    She found a film to watch, but she was still not used to eating so well, and sleep soon got the better of her. Chloe remembered waking up long enough to let her mother get her dressed for bed, and then she was tucked in, but she never fully woke, and the warm bed and the purring kittens cuddled up to her, soon had Chloe fast asleep again.

*****

 

To Be Continued Next Tuesday  GRIN

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
161 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Like how the story is going.

Waiting to see Jane and Tracy respond to Chloe and company.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

A bit mixed feelings here

Tracey is being lied to of course because she is being set up. Hopefully two wrongs can make a right in this case.

Kim