Sunshine...Part 6

Printer-friendly version

Sunshine…Part Six.

*Sonya…………

It was really one of those firefighter right down to his soul things... him coming over to talk to me or rather talk me down out of this funk memory not memory kind of freak out sort of thing.

He calls me Sunshine.

Joel…

He makes me smile when I think smiling is the hardest thing to do in the world.

“It’ll be alright sunshine even if it isn’t.”

Who can have someone sit there and hold you and pinky swear with you and not have their heart breaking?

And it’s easily I think the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I had some of the girls take me back to my quarters after lunch and I’ll be honest I took a long shower as hot as I could get it and rubbed my self off thinking about Joel that much that I almost tore down my shower curtain by accident and after that I went to bed barely dry and curled up around my pillows and I bawled.

It was actually a very good cry. It was that there’s something right and bright and normal in my life right now and that’s Joel.

It was actually the next day at breakfast when I seen him again and we almost instantly settled into being beside each other in the line for food. I smile and blush at him. “Y’know this is odd and a little bent really but I kind of like not knowing anything right now.”

Joel looks at me. “Really, I’m not seeing the bonuses that well I guess.”

“Well it’s like looking at my file. I was kind of off the rails most of my life and I didn’t see anything about schooling so I’m going to assume that this here might be as close to talking to a nice boy in the cafeteria as I’m ever going to get.”

I blush right after that…I might have been all sorts of crazy and trampy before but I’m not now…despite a lot of urges and being that forward is kind of embarrassing and…

“Sonya…?”

“Hmm?”

“You okay you had a strange look there.”

“I…I felt something.”

“Like?”

“Well I was…. (I blush more) blushing from being flirty and there was this odd sensation of like wistful done this before sort of…?”

“Déjá -Vu?”

“More like Déjá -Nostalgia…”

He smiled and he nodded. “I’ve sort of felt that way too.”

“Really?”

“Yeah it’s pretty weird huh?”

“Definitely.”

We eat together most days and most meals. I can’t help myself really and my therapist says it’s perfectly normal given our shared pasts and that I might be holding a torch for Joel sort of out of hero worship.

Yeah I can see that.

The routine gets to be routine after awhile, blood tests and scans, then physio and then time sort of learning stuff. It’s acclimation they say getting us up to speed over the time that we missed and stuff but for me it’s a chance to actually use this to get an education.

But even as the weeks of being awake turn into a few months it’s still Joel that’s in my thoughts.

It’s my fault really.

Masturbating and thinking of Joel might have been the best and worst thing that’s happened to me since waking up.

We were getting so close that I looked forward to seeing him every day and that made me feel all warm inside and we get along really well and he’s doing things that make it even better. Like carrying my food trays or opening doors or even just spending time together.

And him looking at me like I’m a woman…I know he was married and stuff and there’s the things with him and his family that are rocky to almost non existent except the grand children and great grand kids who are sort of interested in him….but…it’s been a long time since he’s been laid.

And I’m a virgin again but one that’s getting to discover herself more and more as I heal and get better.

I swear that I was feeding my hips and my butt and my boobs at least three quarters of the calories I was taking in. I stepped up the work outs too because I’m finding myself a little vain about it.

Again my therapist says that’s normal and it’s my instincts kicking in.

But the first time I really, really explored myself after watching some of my old films on the computer I was very…I wanted that guy…those guys to be Joel.

And after my first heavy self sexual experience I learned another thing about myself. I like sex…I love sex and I’ve found myself thinking about Joel and me all the time. It’s all kind of heavy crushing and stuff on a guy but y’know it’s also nice.

As sexual as I’ve found myself all my dreams and fantasies have been about him and not some of the other guys.

I’m still awkward and no really good at getting hit on though.

Actually I really suck at it and it makes me wonder if the old me slept around because it was just easier?

But I can also see where my therapist has talked to me about my past and the whole need I had to cause chaos in my life because that was the state of my childhood.

Lot’s to think about.

*Joel…………

Things have been going really good and really slowly with Sonya.

I really am finding myself liking her more and more and more despite me trying to think of being the guy that does the right thing.

The right thing being that she has this thing about me where I saved her as a child.

But that’s falling apart.

She’s funny and she’s fun to be with and she’s really sort of restful and calm too. I mean I know women…not that I remember me and my wife but there’s just stuff that is there sort of and women or some of them can be….dramatic.

Sonya is not dramatic she’s just…

And then there’s the fact as we’re going through things and recovering from the rejuv process we’re putting on the stuff that the treatment sort of used…ate.

And who in their right mind wouldn’t be attracted to a long legged woman with a tiny waist and a full set of hips and an incredible ass…sorry but it really is and she’d very well stack…uhm endowed with E cups now.

Add it she’s just plain nice and beautiful in that Soviet/Slavic/Northern Euro ash blonde with long straight hair and blue eyes.

And like I’ve said restful, calm…I’ve been hard as hell around her with no more control that a high school kid with a puberty boner and she’s been turned on too and we’re close but there’s this whole she’s older than she is thing…even though I’m a lot older than kind of let’s us just let those too horny moments slide and we just sort of keep going being Us and getting to know each other and ourselves.

Speaking though about the Rejuv.

I can’t help it I’m nosey and I ask questions.

Some I get answers too and some I don’t.

Like the military applications for the rejuvenation process and it’s really hushed up but from what I’ve heard…discreetly and what I’ve seen from some of the military lab techs that it’s not as promising as they have hoped.

One thing for certain because they’ve tested it on my with my go ahead in exchange for some legal perks from the outside that rejuvenation is not regeneration. Things do not get rebuilt as they were.

It’s all new tissue and that new tissue needs to be you might as well say brought up to speed. Like the new parts are that new they act like atrophied parts that have been immobile too long.

They’ve never really said but it looks like it’s going to be useless the way they wanted it on the battlefield.

Now my two cent’s is that they’re now looking at life extension with this. If it does to them what it did to the rest of us then it will regenerate dead tissues and damaged stuff.

It did that with us and the reason I think we here have had such a hard time with this is that we were used by that other company for body chop shop organ sales and that mixed with being under cryo for so long.

And that’s the thing we have figured out with the memory loss.

The brain stores information chemically and it’s like a battery as much as it’s like a computer. With the power down to nearly nil on some people they just simply lost their charge in their heads.

And I volunteered in that one too…it’s worked towards me getting more information on the stuff I mentioned earlier. They’ve pumped me up with brain meds and chemicals and stuff trying to jump start my brain through stuff like epinephrine and serotonin and all those other things but other than some freaky dreams and a whole lot of mood swings nothing.

Well nothing for me but they did lock onto a dosage that woke some of the zoned out wiped ones and they acted like newborns when they did trip to being awake. Yeah crying and bawling and everything their brains reset to zero.

The déjá  vu stuff?

As best we can figure its chemical brain stain. The old parts not completely made over were exposed to all of our thoughts and feelings but that’s all gone with the memory wipe now the thing is when we have something happen now that produces an reaction in our brains like something we experienced before then we get that feeling.

We’re actually getting moved now.

They’re sure the nano’s are gone and that we won’t die if exposed to some random signal of something that would cause them to misfire or even be contagious but they still want us around for awhile yet to watch out for long term changes and side effects.

So we’re being set up on a whole new site at Berkeley University and we’ll be given an allowance in addition to being able to try to live our lives again. There’s a mountain load of non-disclosure stuff to sign but we’re finally getting out of there.

Great right?

Well…I’m not allowed to go back to Firefighting, that’s pretty much a no no with the project and likely the fire department too. I’m not allowed to go into law enforcement either for the same reasons.

I used the legal team that they set me up with sort of to look into the whole thing with the people who illegally bough pieces of me. Most of them are dead, some are old and the original company that did it was long defunct.

What did come out of it was a pay off from the company that was re-insuring the insurance company that was working the scam with the bio-tech company that did this to us and while I wasn’t allowed to personally go after them legally since there would be issues of how I’m hale and whole they were charged by the government…after I made a lot of requests to the project heads and made myself basically a pain in the ass until they charged them as accessories and made them settle.

There was a nice little nest egg for all of us out of that.

Mine…Mine went to the family. I set up trusts for my grand children and great grand children, paid off some house payments for some of them too. My kids…I sent them checks to spend as they wanted because really at their ages they could spend it on whatever they wanted.

Some more went to the firefighters in my old station anonymously and the rest I spent. I wanted a car and I wanted some guitars even though I don’t know how to play and the rest went into an emergency account if I ever got really broke.

The thing is really what can I and what do I want to do with my life now?

I smile as I heard Sonya swearing in the hallway and grunting and stick my head out of my apartment and see her fighting with a dolley and boxes.

“Hey Sunshine need a hand?”

She looks up and she lights up the place really when she smiles at me. “Joel! Please that would be really nice.”

I step out and pull my door closed to my place and head down to help her.

It’s slow…all of this is slow going and slow to get answers about all of this and as much as I’m worried…She somehow makes it better.

Like it’s her turn to be the one saving me.

up
131 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

New start

Looks like you have most of the old stuff wrapped up now. So on to the new beginnings
Thanks

Dp

Dp

Hi Bailey!

I see you've been busy busy! Joel & Sonya are slowly getting there lives back on track (all be it a different rail system, lol!). Funny how Joel handed out & divied up money from the settlement to his kids, grand kids, & great grand kids from his former life, a fire fighters mentality aye? Always thinking of and giving to others before one's self. I'm willing to bet that joel's choice of work will involve so sort of public service. It's nice seeing another chapter of this Ms. Summers, thank you hon! (Hugs) Taarpa

You did it again Bailey

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

You did it again Bailey, you should run a masterclass on the perfect last line to end a chapter with. It was so... so... just 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww'.

Great to see another chapter of this story. At the moment the future of it is so wide open I'm interested to see where you take it.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

One liners and last lines are easier.

Than getting the stuff in between sometimes but I'm finding myself always writing scenes that need connection in my head because their spaced out so oddly. Honestly I'm just lucky that it works.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

"She somehow makes it better."

I totally get that kind of feeling. Some day, maybe it will be me making things better.

DogSig.png

I think that could definitely happen Dotti:)

After all it's all about heart honey in the end and you've got a great one.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Proud Big Brother.

Bailey Summers