Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1966

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1966
by Angharad

Copyright © 2013 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

Later on that day, I destroyed the ‘poppet’, smashing it with a lump hammer and hurling it up the garden over quite a wide area.

I still didn’t know if any of this stuff had contributed to Jerry’s death or whether it was just coincidence. Surely it had to be, the rest is stuff and nonsense of too many horror films and Hollywood hokum. The power of magic is something you tell your children about when they’re naughty, threatening to send them to the witch or the converse–telling Father Christmas they’ve been naughty and thus won’t be rewarded on Christmas morning.

I wasn’t sure about the idea of some sort of goddess, except as part of my unconscious, as Jung said the higher-self comparable to Freud’s Super-ego. Perhaps it was part of the collective unconscious, like some network of energy which we can all receive or transmit, though most of us are oblivious of it. Like the concept of angels or fairies appearing in certain forms to certain people because that’s how their minds accept the energies with which they are interacting.

Some people see angels as humanoid with feathery wings, while others see them as bright lights of possibly different colours. We see what we’re programmed to see, which is very much a cultural thing, and perhaps an educational thing as well.

So when I interact with this energy of the Shekinah, whatever it might be, I am sometimes aware of it but rarely see it, except in dreams or other altered states of consciousness like when I’m healing, which at times might be likened to a trance state.

There are many things we don’t understand, like dark matter and dark energy, which make up most of the universe, so there may well be networks or layers of energy with which we can interact, probably with little conscious awareness.

We’re full of different energies, we eat food, most of which is designed to be used for physical effort or running physical systems like breathing, circulation; repairing bits and pieces and producing heat. Do we produce other energies as well? I believe we do have an energy field around us because I’ve felt it on people and with some it resonates, and with others, it grates. The energy is some form of electromagnetic field and I suspect science knows about it and it’s perfectly natural. Some might call that the aura–but as soon as they do it takes on some magical quality of a psycho-spiritual importance–it’s all self deluding tosh. As Professor Brian Cox says, we don’t need sky fairies to create the universe, just the second law of thermodynamics and from this came life. Although, for carbon based life forms, such as in this world, the criteria are quite narrow for things to happen, but given the trillions of stars out there, there have to be others with similar conditions to our blue planet, so there might well be life there as well–or even different types of life based upon some other chemistry than carbon. Perhaps one day we’ll find out, more likely we won’t because they’ll be too far away.

I find it incredible that we can interpret all sorts of information from other stars and planets from X-radiation, and other wavelengths of energy and yet we need to actually visit them to really explore them, whether by remote vehicle or sending men there. To visit Mars, our next suitable world, would probably be a suicide mission given our current technology, though I’m sure there’d be volunteers willing to go. I don’t think I’d be one, and I’m not sure I approve of us spreading our litter on yet another world–look what we’ve done to this one. As stewards of this planet, we have failed miserably.

On reading the paper, I was even more disheartened to see the government is going ahead with badger culls even though they’ve been told they can’t work. Now I see they want to cull deer. The vermin they should be culling has two legs and contaminates everything it touches. It is spreading unchecked by disease or famine or territorial disputes between groups. It has rather basic tools for positive things like caring for each other, but very powerful ones for destroying everyone. Yeah, you guessed, the two legged plague is humanity–about the only creature not worthy of its name, except in its absence.

“A penny for them,” said a voice close by and I nearly jumped out of my skin. “Sorry, didn’t mean to frighten you.”

“David, you nearly caused me to need a change of---never mind, too much information.”

He smiled at me. “The kids are asking for corned beef hash, given what the latest info on processed meat purports to say, I thought I’d come and see what you think.”

“I suppose we ought to reduce the amount of bacon and ham and so on that we eat, except everyone likes it. Bloody typical isn’t it? If it’s nice it’s either makes you ill, pregnant or feel guilty.”

“Or all three,” he smirked at me.

“Not me it won’t,” I declared and he sniggered.

“Well don’t look at me. I’m as useful in the opposite direction as you.” We both laughed. Yeah he’s male and I’m female for all intents and purposes but am I just at the end, a tranny with a fanny? Good job I was laughing or I’d be crying.

“So do I make it or not?”

“What?” I’d forgotten what we were talking about.

“Corned beef hash.”

“Yeah but get them to sign disclaimers so they can’t sue us if they get some horrible disease next week.”

He looked at me for a moment then began laughing out loud. “For a moment there, I thought you were serious.”

“But I am, David, I am.” I held a poker faced expression and for a moment he wasn’t sure about me. Then I let slip a smirk and he laughed again and shook his head. “You nearly had me then.”

“Fine, it’s you they’d sue first.”

“Oh no, I’d tell them you instructed me to serve it–remember, you supervise the menus.”

“Damn, we’ll have to poison them if they start taking legal action. How about a henbane and tubular water dropwort salad with death-cap omelette?”

“What’s the tubular wotsit?”

“Oh a nasty waterside plant which can be mistaken for watercress.”

“Right, boss, remind me not to eat one of your salads.”

“Don’t eat one of my salads.”

“What?”

“I was reminding you as requested.”

“Corned beef hash?” he asked.

“Yeah, I wonder if the study includes horse meat?”

“Nayyyyy,” he said and left before I threw something at him.

I sat down to look at some emails about the survey when I was disturbed again.

“Muuum?”

“Yes, Danny?”

“Um, if it doesn’t rain at the weekend, could we sort of do a bike ride–on the racers.”

“Road bikes, you mean?”

“Yeah.”

“Aren’t you playing football.”

“It’s on Sunday.”

“That’s not usual, is it?”

“Nah, but Petersfield have got some problem with their changing rooms and need the extra day to sort it out.”

“How are you going to get there?”

“Gramps said he’d take me, seeing as the rugby he wants to see is on Saturday.”

“Oh Scotland are playing, are they?”

“Yeah, against Wales.”

“Who’s going to win?” I asked.

He shrugged, “Wales, I guess.”

“That’s what I thought too.”

“So can we ride?”

“If we do it will have to be early.”

“Yeah, great.” He went off with a spring in his step. If only everything else was that easy to resolve.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
218 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Deep thoughts

from our resident scientist .... Not sure how much i understood of it , But hey it has gone midnight here, So i guess i can be excused ....

Corned Beef Hash, i once had a home made version of that and it was delicious, Sadly a few weeks ago i saw one in the freezer aisle of the supermarket, So i bought it, Big mistake , Pig swill would probably have tasted nicer... Serves me right for being idle i guess.

Kirri

Pork's been illegal for a long time.

Not to attempt to persuaid anyone on the validity of any religion, but the Jews have asserted that Pork was not Kosher for what, 4000 years? The Muslims insist it is Haraam (forbidden) for 1400 years. This bit today is not surprising at all, though I just had eggs and bacon the other day. I don't think it means I am going to hell, just that if I indulge too much I will die early. Like suicide by bacon, eh?

Gwendolyn

Can't get too much

Ummmmmmhhhhh, Bacon!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

The key here is Processed meats

Pork alone is not bad for you, in fact some cuts of pork can be extremely lean but it does not have all the yummy fat people like and frankly it is easier to process fatty cuts than lean ones.

There is no modern basis to exclude pork from ones diet, as it is suspected that what made pork 'unclean' is more farming practice than anything.

Kim

Wonder if Geraldine will have

any surprises to pop up. Was she a member of a coven or have more mundane ways to hurt the family? What will happen on the bike ride?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Pork and Bacon

I could do a death by bacon, or death by pork sausage if it was with biscuit and sausage gravy. yummmmmmmmm

Stan brings up a good point about Geraldine also. I hope it does not turn out to be true.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

A day in the life of ...

A day in the life of ... yes but not a typical day, indeed slightly unusual for its normality; some reflections with enough privacy reflect. some banter with a trusted housemate/companion/chef, some mothering with the satisfaction of reaching an easy and satisfactory solution and some brief, period of quiet domestic peace.

All in all quite an unusual interlude - for Cathy.

Still a nice restful chapter; at least that is, in the reading. God knows how it was with the writing. Hope you were as relaxed as the chapter infers Ang. Have a good one, you just gave us a good one.

Bevs.

XX

bev_1.jpg

Hmmm...

A hint there... Wonder what the issue with the changing rooms is... Is there perhaps someone on the team that needs special accommodations? Could be interesting to find out.

Nice Danny wants to get his mum out on the bikes... She's slacked off and needs to get back.

As to the corned beef hash... Interesting possibilities there. I've a friend who corns his own beef brisket... Then, when he cooks/serves the results... YUMMY! (On the other hand, I've had boiled corned beef and cabbage, and been quite disappointed.) Guess a lot depends on expectations and who's doing the cooking...

Thanks,
Annette