Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1961

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1961
by Angharad

Copyright © 2013 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

It always surprises me how small the inhabitants of UCI beds seem when surrounded by all sorts of bleeping equipment. Monica was well surrounded with a nurse hovering in the background.

“Do whatever my daughter in law asks you to do,” Henry instructed the nurse who gave me a look of total contempt.

“What is she, a doctor?”

“Better than a truck load of them. I must go, Cathy. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

I nodded and he left. I then went and sat with Monica and told her I was there and held her hand.

“It’s ages since we had a little chat, isn’t it? Anyway, you just lie back and listen and I’ll tell you a nice story which I think you’ll enjoy.”

The nurse watched me like a hawk and part of me wanted to show off and have flashing lights and bells as the energy flowed into Monica, but a greater part of me wanted it to remain invisible, which was what I asked it to do.

I guided Monica to come to the light, a blue light and to follow it and I would lead her with it back to health. There were no lights but at one point her blood pressure rose and then reduced again. The heart monitor seemed to peep along and then speeded up now and again before settling again.

At one point I got so hot I thought I was going to pass out, then my chest seemed to burn where I was stabbed, minutes later it all stopped and Monica looked a far better colour and seemed to be sleeping naturally.

The nurse came back to check her vitals and seemed surprised that they looked so normal. I continued to hold onto Monica’s hand passing the energy gently into her. I talked to her about the children and she smiled as she slept, so she was obviously able to hear what I said.

I’d been there about two hours when my mobile rang. It was home–I hoped it wasn’t bad news. It was. It was Sammi.

“Something’s wrong with Jacquie, we can’t wake her–we think she’s taken some pills.”

“Get Stella, she’ll know what to do.”

“Stella’s with her.”

“Have you called an ambulance?”

“Yes, but they’re very busy and will be there as soon as they can.”

“Get Trish.”

“She’s in bed.”

“Get her and hurry.”

Two minutes later a very sleepy voice said, “Hello, Mummy, how’s Nanna Monica?”

“I think she’ll be okay, now I need you to help me with Jacquie, she’s not well and I need you to work on her but link with me–okay?”

“I’ll do it, Mummy.”

“Trish, you must link with me, you’re not strong enough to do this on your own, get Julie to help as well, but you must link with me. Do you understand?”

“I’m sure I could do it myself, Mummy.”

“Trish, I’m not asking, I’m telling you–now hurry and link with me or she’s going to die.”

“Oh gosh,” she said, “Okay, Mummy.”

I continued feeding a gentle and invisible energy into Monica, while imagining myself with Julie and Trish firing the energy into Jacquie, and that was anything but gentle. I was telling her to stay with us, to find the light and hold on to it. I told her that if she refused I’d find her ex-partner and destroy her.

I sensed a resistance, but I kept firing wave after wave of energy at her, asking Trish to insist she followed her instructions. Once again I got very hot and my chest and lung started to burn, but I stayed with it. Finally, I could see her crying–wherever she was–and wishing she hadn’t taken the pills.

Via Julie and Trish, I tried to work the pills in reverse, causing the body to return the drugs to her stomach and just in time I warned Trish to get a bucket, because Jacquie suddenly sat up and vomited into the bucket. They gave her some water and she vomited again, removing most if not all the drugs from her system. Then she fell back on the bed just in time for the paramedics to arrive.

According to Stella what happened was they checked Jacquie out and decided she was probably suffering from some sort of food poisoning and to see her doctor the next day. I suspect Stella manufactured all sorts of signs and symptoms so they wouldn’t feel they’d had a wasted journey. But it looked as if she’d pulled through.

After that, apparently, Trish climbed into bed with Jacquie and they both went off to sleep.

At about two o’clock, Henry returned. “How’s it going?” he asked.

“I think she’ll be okay.”

“You look shattered.”

“Yeah, just a bit.”

“The nurse said her vitals had improved dramatically since you came.”

“I do what I can, Henry.”

“They were worried that half her left ventricle had died–did you pick up on that?”

“I picked up on some damage and asked it to repair itself, I also cleared out the rest of the clot in her coronary artery, and while I was at it, sorted the others.”

“I’ve asked them to let you use a private room down the corridor to get a couple of hours sleep.”

“Any chance of a cuppa and a bite to eat? This always leaves me hungry and thirsty.”

“Tea, and what would you like to eat?”

“A cake or something?” I suggested.

“They’ll be along soon.” He wasn’t joking, no more than fifteen minutes later a porter arrived with my snack. I gobbled them down and a short while later I was zonking it with the best of them.

However, something which concerned me was the dream I had where Jerry was wearing some weird outfit and dripping fresh chicken’s blood around the outside of the house was laying some sort of curse upon its inhabitants.

She must have created some form of force field outside the whole place, because try as I might, I couldn’t get into the drive to rescue, the girls, Danny, Stella and her girls, Tom and Simon. No matter how much energy I threw at the barrier, it simply bounced off and she laughed maniacally, shouting, “I’ll deal with you later, girly-boy. Let me show you what a real woman can do–I’m going to send them all to hell.” Then she shrieked with laughter and I woke up fighting with the bed clothes and bathed in sweat.

It was obvious to me, that I needed to get home and fast.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
240 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

One must wonder though

... how much more powerful she would be if she truly believed in Shekinah and embraced the power to the very foundation to her being.

As it is she seems to be not able to carry as much energy as she ought to be able to.

Cathy needs to warn Trish. Maybe with Trish on the inside she can bridge it and shatter that barrier.

Jacqui is a bloody idiot.

Kim

Oh my

Two averted deaths and a deranged voodoo user. Yes, Cathy needs to get home fast.

That is scary! She is the

opposite of Cathy! But why do I see the kindly black woman from before having a way to help Cathy? She knew something about the craft.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

When it rains

It pours! Cathy is leaping from one crisis to the next with nary a chance to breath! Stan may have a point, Cathy needs to find an assistant, like a witch, to handle some of the ordinary things like curses, evil spells and such.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Oh I dunno

kristina l s's picture

I reckon your Goddess type could sort it .... if she's so inclined. Quid pro quo Clarice.

Kris

Interesting...

Cathy's obviously becoming much more comfortable with whatever powers she "channels", as well as directing them. That last bit isn't nice... Shades of some of the dark masters in various Science Fiction/Fantasy series.

I do wonder where things are going with this...

Thanks,
Annette

Cliffhangers

Like I said in yesterday's post, those felines are at it again! How many cliffhangers this time?
Well, first, there is Monica who appears to be OK AT THIS TIME but if Cathy has to leave, who knows?
Second, There is Jacqui, who may or may not be OK, hopefully she will be OK. But, who knows?
Third, there is Jerry, who appears to be trying to cause all kinds of damage. Will she be able to, or will
Cathy, Trish, and whoever else (Shekinah?) is on Cathy's side be the victors? But once again, who knows?

You two felonious felines have done it again! Not one cliffhanger, not two, but three! (four if you count James' apparent disappearance from the story.) I would say you are outdoing yourselves, but when has ANYONE ever known of a cat outdoing itself?
Just keep it up, Bonzi and Izzy, and there may be a desirable outcome from me to you!

Ang, don't tell them this, but there will be a desirable outcome for both of them as a result of their contributions to this story! What is it about humans anyway that humans will do anything a cat wants them to do, but can refuse other pets with just "because I am the boss, and I say so?

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

Wow

Wow What an episode Ang. I know Dennis Wheatley would have been proud of you, for this one.

This is where Cathy should use her scientific mind to deal with this third world mumbo jumbo. Those who believe in it are susceptible to its effects. By turning her evil back on itself, Cathy will win the day.

This is great writing Ang.

Love to all

Anne G.

And the battle mounts!

Engage, Engage, all ahead warp 6! Clear the cannon ports, roll out the cannon! Oh, what a mess the chain and nails will make o their riggin! Prepare to jibe; jibe ho!

Eye of knewt, tail of frog!

G