Touching the Moon part 36

Printer-friendly version


Touching the Moon part 36
By
Morpheus

The dormitory kitchen was quite nice, being twice the size of the one we had at home and filled with good quality appliances. Unfortunately, most of the students didn’t appreciate it and only used the kitchen for warming soup or making grilled cheese sandwiches.

There were three tables sitting at the edge of the kitchen in order to form a dining room for students to use, though like the kitchen, it was under appreciated and was mostly used as a place for students to play board games.

At the moment, I stood at the kitchen counter, hard at work preparing dinner for my friends. Eve, Sylvie, Kimberly, and Todd were all there, joking around and watching me curiously. I’d asked Gayle to come as well, but she couldn’t make it and had to go to her sister’s bridal shower instead.

“How the hell can you move the knife so fast without cutting off your fingers?” Sylvie asked me curiously.

I just grinned and looked down at the cutting board where I was julienning some carrots for the salad. “It just takes some practice with the knife,” I answered. “My mom is a chef and had me helping out in the kitchen since I was old enough to walk. She was teaching me knife skills by the time I was eight and frequently has me working as her sous chef while she’s making dinner.”

“Is there anything I can do to help?” Todd asked.

“Naw, I’ve got it,” I told him. “Though if you would have asked earlier, I would have given you some potatoes to peel.”

“That’s why he didn’t ask earlier,” Eve said with a grin.

“So, what all are we having?” Sylvie asked.

I just grinned at that and answered, “Fish fingers and custard.” Todd chuckled at the Dr. Who reference while the three girls all gave me blank looks. “Salad, scalloped potatoes with gruyere and pancetta, and herb roasted chicken.”

“And what’s for dessert?” Kimberly asked with a grin.

“Chocolate mousse,” I told them with a smug grin. “I made it myself.”

“Damn,” Eve exclaimed, looking impressed. “You really are taking this dinner thing seriously.”

I just shrugged at that. “Like I said, my mom is a chef. She used to work late a lot and wanted to make sure that someone would be able to make a decent dinner when she wasn’t around.”

“First last night and now this,” Sylvie mused. “You really are trying to spoil us.”

I just laughed at that, grinning as I thought about last night. It had been quite fun to discover a whole new use for my talent, one that I could only use in succubus form. Instead of being able to make myself sexier, I could make other people sexier…and not just girls. I smiled even more as I remembered how hot Todd had looked.

Last night had been quite educational as I’d experimented and discovered some new things about how my Were and Touched sides interacted. Even after my friends had gotten tired and went to bed, I remained in my study experimenting.

One of the things I’d confirmed was that I could use the extra sexual energy I fed on in order to increase the amount of magic available to me and cast higher level spells. Unfortunately, that quickly drained me of what I’d absorbed and left me very hungry. And since there wasn’t nearly as much ambient sexual energy around the hall of sorcerers as there was in the dorms, it was fortunate that I’d only gotten to this point after Todd had already left.

The other important thing that I’d discovered, after I was out of sexual energy and feeling very hungry, was the fact that I was still able to cast the breast enlarging spell. As a succubus, I could actually draw more magical energy than I could as a human. After some trial and error with different spells, I estimated that as a succubus, I was probably a class seven or eight.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out one of my tokens, one that I’d cast last night but hadn’t dared to actually test out. This was the spell that I’d been wanting to cast since I first came to the Academy. This was the spell that first made me interested in magic. This was the spell that could reverse a person’s gender.

“What have you got there?” Todd asked as he saw me staring at the token.

“Nothing,” I lied, quickly putting it back in my pocket. I blushed, wondering why I was hesitating to test that spell. After all, it would only change me back for about ten minutes.

I shook my head and turned my attention back to finishing up. I quickly got the rest of the salad put together and served it to my friends while we waited for the rest of the dinner to finish cooking.

“last night was really…interesting,” Kimberly said with a chuckle. “But you ruined my clothes.”

“Ours too,” Sylvie added with a broad grin. “But it was so worth it.”

“It is pretty fun,” I agreed, though I was only in my normal form at the moment. Still, the temptation to activate my talent and transform was definitely there.

Then I looked to Todd, blushing as I remembered last night. If it wasn’t for my other friends being present, I don’t think I would have been able to ignore my desire for him. I know that I certainly hadn’t wanted to ignore it either.

“I’m just glad you let us see you like that again,” Kimberly said, giving me a curious look. “It’s kind of interesting to see you as a succubus.”

I just nodded at that, thankful that Kimberly wasn’t scared of me anymore. After the way she and Sylvie had relaxed around me last night, I knew that I was going to have to go out in public as a succubus more often. Maybe then the other students would get used to me and wouldn’t be quite as shocked.

A short time later, the rest of the food was ready so I served that to my friends as well. They all began to immediately gulp it down, making appreciative noises.

“This is great,” Todd exclaimed, giving me a look of approval. “You cook better than my mom.”

“I’ll tell her you said that,” Sylvie told him with a smirk. Then she added. “Or at least, I would if you weren’t right.”

“Can you teach me to cook like this?” Kimberly asked me, looking a little embarrassed as she admitted, “I can barely boil water.”

“We ought to make a thing of this,” Eve said with a grin. “We should take turns making dinner, maybe once every week or two.”

We talked about her idea for awhile with most of us agreeing that it sounded like a good idea, though no one really wanted to commit to being the next one to cook. Still, I had the feeling that I’d be gently pressured into cooking for them again sometime.

“So, what was that you were telling me about a Were convention,” Sylvie asked.

“Not a Were convention,” I corrected. “It’s just a meeting for some mythics.” Then I grinned and added, “In a couple days, I’m gonna be able to meet up with a bunch of other mythics…some of them around my own age. I’m kind of excited about it.”

“I’d imagine,” Eve commented thoughtfully. “I mean, mythics are pretty uncommon among the Were and a lot more rare than sorcerers are.”

I nodded at that. “I’ve only ever met two other mythics.” One of those two had been a Were jackalope that I’d met at a convention when I was a kid, and of course, the other one was Amylia.

“You’ll have to tell us all about it when you get back,” Todd said. “I mean, I’m curious about what kind of mythics there are.”

“Yeah,” I agreed, definitely being curious myself.

At the same time, I suddenly realized something that I hadn’t before. However, that would have to wait until dinner was over with. I forced my attention back to my friends.

“This was fantastic,” Sylvie said once we were finished with dinner. “Especially that chocolate mousse…”

“I can’t believe you were able to make that yourself,” Kimberly said.

I just laughed. “It’s not really that difficult. You should try my mom’s version when she mixes in amaretto.” I licked my lips in an exaggerated manner.

As I got up to go work on dishes, Todd came and put a hand on my shoulder. “You know,” he told me with a gleam in his eyes. “You’re pretty cute like this too.” And with that, he gave me a kiss.

“Get a motel room,” Sylvie teased us.

When we pulled apart, I stared at Todd and gulped. I felt just a little weak in the knees after that, though I definitely wanted to do it again.

“We should do dinner again,” Todd told me, looking just a little nervous. “Just you and me. My treat…”

I blinked at that. “You’re asking me out on a date?”

“Um…yeah,” Todd responded self-consciously.

“I’d love to,” I exclaimed, throwing my arms around Todd in a hug and giving him another kiss. I triggered my talent and grew sexier, then gave him another one. Then I forced myself to calm down and nervously reminded him, “You remember that I’m still a bit confused…” I tapped my forehead with a finger.

“It’s okay,” Todd told me with a gentle smile. “I understand.” Then he stared me straight in the eyes and added, “And I’m not confused.”

I blushed at that, feeling just a little more of my confusion fading away just as it did every time Todd did something like this. I gave him another hug and didn’t say anything. I was just glad to be holding him.

Once my friends and I had finished up, I excused myself and told them that I’d meet up with them in a bit so we could all watch a movie together. For the moment though, there was something I wanted to do while I was still thinking about it.

A short time later, I was at the building that housed the quarters for all of the school staff. Students weren’t actually banned from entering this building but we were somewhat discouraged. Because of that, I was a bit nervous as I went to knock on Amylia’s door.

When Amylia opened the door, she gave me a startled look and asked, “Is something wrong?”

“Not really,” I told her, glancing around to make sure no one else was listening in. “I just wanted to talk to you about…”

“Come in,” Amylia told me with a faint sigh.

I went inside Amylia’s quarters and was surprised at how large it was compared to my own. My dorm room was a fairly small room with a closet, while hers was more like a nice sized apartment with separate rooms, including her own bathroom and kitchen.

“I’m going to a meeting with some other mythics in a couple days,” I started off, holding up the letter from Vivian and the invitation.

Amylia gave me a wry look and said, “You know I won’t attend any such gathering.”

“No,” I quickly responded, trying to think about how to phrase this. “I’ve been told that over the last ten years, there have been a LOT more new mythics than ever before. I guess, there are three times the amount of new mythics and a LOT of them are humanoid mythics.”

“A population surge in mythics?” Amylia mused, looking vaguely curious. “I can’t say that I’ve heard of that.”

“My dad has a friend,” I started carefully. “Sort of a distant cousin who is part of a group that have been tracking mythics and trying to find out why some Were become mythics and see if there is some kind of pattern. She said that before this, humanoid Weres were almost completely unheard of.”

Amylia gave me a curious look before responding, “You are the only one besides myself that I have ever met.”

I nodded at that. “Well, Vivian and her friends found out that a lot of these new mythics are related. Apparently, a lot of us new mythics…and all of us who are humanoid ones, are all descended from the same guy.”

“Interesting,” Amylia replied. “And you think that because I am a humanoid mythic, that I might somehow be related too?” Her tone suggested that she was more than a little skeptical about that idea.

“I don’t know,” I told her, holding out Vivian’s letter. “But since Vivian said that every humanoid Were she knows of is descended from this guy, I figured I should ask you if you are too…” Then I quickly told her, “He was a Were Chimaera named Robert Dupree.”

Amylia suddenly froze at that. She let out a gasp and snatched the letter out of my hands. As she read it, her entire body actually seemed to shake.

“I haven’t heard that name in a VERY long time,” Amylia said quietly, suddenly looking very tired.

“Then you know who he is?” I gasped, almost in surprise.

“I should,” Amylia responded after a moment, her voice shaking even more as tears began to form in her eyes. Then in a near whisper, she admitted, “Robert was my son.”

up
274 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

ka zing!

That would make her the true progenitor then!

Also, to be young and being able to eat like that again.

Kim

And the plot thickens

So now the heritage has ascended another level of the family tree. I wonder if Amylia will accompany Erin to the meeting, or will even allow her to reveal Amylia's existence at all. You just know it has to factor in at some point. I don't remember what, if anything, Amylia told Erin about her ancestors but the topic just got a whole lot more important. Can't wait for this gun to be fired, so to speak.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Now for something compleatelt different.

Good shot and a fine twist to the plot. Amylia must age very well but to find out that your blood line created a special line of heredity would shock even the oldest wisest person a startle. And to discover that the person who just delivered this information is related to you. Brain fu@# time.

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

So, Amylia is Erin's

LibraryGeek's picture

So, Amylia is Erin's great-to-the-umpth-power grandmother. How's about that?

Yours,

John Robert Mead

TWO important reveals and maybe a McGuffin

Todd is attracted to ALL of Erin's form's even the fairly normal young teen default form. And she is strongly attracted to him in all of her forms.. And she can, as a succubus, enhance him.... O.M.G.! She is a male fantasy come true!

And a good soul to boot.

That talisman to change someone's sex... for her own use or for the next duel?

And MAJOR WHOPPING reveal about the progenitor of the mythic Were's and who his mother is.

That may explain a lot as it seems obvious he died and the mother took it hard.

Also implies IF they are not killed by a Were hunter, Erin and other Were mythic can live a very very long life.

And more Doctor Who insider lines.

Be still my geeky heart!

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

I imagined

a dramatic dun dun daaaa after that last line

Bekah

Will she go?

Now that she knows that there will be many of her descendants. Is it time she to see if she now may have family?

----------
Jenna

Once again

I'm looking for that Great Story button but have to make do with the just the Good button. Sigh. Wow, what a twist. I'm really loving the twisting plots with Erin discovering not only herself but her family history. I wish I was a good artist to show this, but I had this flash of the old family portrait with all of them in their mythic Were forms.

Just a wonderful tale!
Grover

To me, this is suggesting

To me, this is suggesting that mythics are based upon Touched/Were hybrids, and that in the past, there might have been a lot more of them, leading to many of the myths and legends. Either that, or the mythics were the first (sort of), and eventually drifted into two groups - Touched, staying human but having magic, and Were, _being_ magic, but not able to perform magic themselves.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

well this was interesting...

Sadarsa's picture

let the theory's commence! lol

Amylia has fanaticly kept her hybrid status a secret for all this time... and now i wonder for what reason. Her son Robert was obviously killed in some tragic way... was he hunted down and slaughtered like a beast? That would certainly change her outlook on being 'open' about her status. but then that would beg the question, what did he do to deserve or attract his hastened demise?

and now we learn that she is the true root of the Hybrid population surge, so makes you wanna ask... who were her parents? what is her background like?

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

a few chapters ago...

Amylia revealed her heritage. Her Father was from a touched family, and her mother a were-cow that died while Amylia was still a baby.

"we can turn it all around, because it's not too late, it's NEVER too late" -(never too late, Three Days Grace)

Big hug

Grandma!!!

Kewel

and twisty. Perfect 10 to date

Good story

Hey Morpheus
I was so in to the story that it was like hitting a wall Nooo It just can't be a cliff hunger...
This so good.. With the bat wings i thought you were describing an Infreed then you said succubus it was a little strange for me because in my peoples folk stories they did not look like that.... Every see the show lost girl she is a succubus... I know authors freedom. Magyc is all around and i would think she as a mix could draw as much as she need. I think the story is awesome Looking forward to the next part,,,

Love and Hugs Hanna

Love And Hugs Hanna
((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))
Blessed Be
2889.jpg

Great new twist

This story just keeps getting more complex in a good way!

Cheers
Zapper