Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1944

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1944
by Angharad

Copyright © 2013 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

I came to, disturbed from my slumbers by the radio–why I wasn’t sure, as the girls are on half term. I had to think hard, I felt stupefied having not slept very well last night. I think I heard foxes in the night or perhaps it was the kitten squealing, whatever it was, I woke up went for a wee and couldn’t get back to sleep again. Oh poo, Danny is still in school and of course Julie is still working and I think Phoebe was helping at the salon today–well it’s some pocket money for her.

I struggled out of bed, and listened to all this stuff about the Pope–what’s he done now? Silly old fart. It sounded like he’s retiring–oh good–then the bad news–his replacement is likely to be a clone of him because he’s created so many cardinals of his own conservative viewpoint. Oh well, we all know that climate change and the collapse of capitalism is all due to transsexuals–so that was me and who else? I tittered as I went to shower. Nothing like a good titter first thing in the morning.

They were still on about the bloody Pope–apparently because he’s tweeted once or twice they think he has a clue what day it is–ha ha. You could give an iPad to a monkey and it would still be a monkey, the same goes for his loneliness.

I roused Danny and the two older girls, then went down to put the kettle on–one day it might fit. I made tea as they staggered into the kitchen. “Good night was it?”

“Oh don’t,” groaned Julie–at least she hadn’t taken her car, her deliveryman friend had collected her and Phoebe and they’d been out until quite late, well midnight, which I think is late enough when you have to work the next day.

“Oh hell, I’ve got Mrs Walrus in for a perm today,” groaned Julie, “she’s ’orrible, with a capital O.”

Phoebe laughed, she obviously hadn’t imbibed as much as Jules. “Who’s Mrs Walrus?” she asked.

“Should I have her in my mammal survey?” I asked jokingly.

“Why, are walruses mammals, then?”

“Of course they are, what did you think they were, fish?”

“Hadn’t really thought about it.” Then to Phoebe she said, “She’s a big fat lump like a seal, only she has this huge moustache which goes down the sides of her mouth–hence Mrs Walrus.”

“Oh my god,” offered Pheebs, “Why doesn’t she get rid of it–doesn’t she know we do hair removal?”

“How do I know, she looks like that Mexican bandit.”

I had to deal with Catherine who was squawking as she came down with Trish, “She woke me up,” grumbled megabrain.

“So, you staying up or going back to bed?”

“I might as well stay up now.”

“Where’s Danny? Trish, can you go and check he’s up?”

“I only just got here,” she grumbled but went back up the staircase. Two minutes later she was back, “He went back to sleep.” This time she stayed for breakfast. I made a pile of toast and it disappeared as did the teapot full of tea.

Tom came back from his walk with Kiki. “You having coffee, Daddy?” I called.

“Aye, I’ve somethin’ tae dae first.” He went out to one of the outhouses and went off down the drive carrying a shovel. I carried on with the breakfasts including my own, banana on toast–it keeps me going longer than cereal.

Tom returned and washed his hands. “What was that all about with the shovel?” I asked him.

Danny arrived and asked for cereal. I handed him the packet of cornflakes. “A big dog fox got hit in thae road, I scraped him up an’ chucked him o’er thae hedge.”

“Gramps, I’m eating,” protested our champion drinker.

“I wis tellin’ yer ma, not ye.” He winked at me, “There wis blud an’ guts all over thae place,” he continued and Julie took the bait again.

“Was there?” I asked quietly.

“Not a mark on him, I shifted him afore there wis.”

I nodded.

“You’re going to miss the bus aren’t you?” I asked Danny while looking at the clock.

“Oh hell, I am, too.” He rose from the table only having eaten half his breakfast.

“Sit down, I’ll take you, just don’t make a habit of it.”

“Thanks, Mum.”

“That’s okay, I need to go to Waitrose anyway.”

“Can I come?” asked Trish.

“Run up and quickly wash and dress then.” She was off before I could finish the sentence.

“She’ll make me late now,” Danny pouted.

“No she won’t, and besides, if she hadn’t checked to see you were up, you’d still be in bed. Now finish your breakfast and stop whingeing.”

Trish was still pulling on her Ugg boots as she came down the stairs. Julie and Phoebe left, Phoebe still laughing at the Mrs Walrus caricature.

A few moments later we walked briskly to the car and took Danny to his school. Why they can’t all have the same holidays? I don’t know–possibly it’s because the girls actually do longer hours each week, so have to do fewer weeks–I’ve no idea.

Waitrose isn’t far from John Lewis, so we did the food shopping and left it in the boot, then went off to the department store. I wanted to see if they had some more panties for Trish, for some reason the tumble drier decided to scorch them all–or at least all the ones of hers that were in there. The engineer chap is coming later to check it over. It gets loads of work so might need replacing–though like the washing machine, it’s a commercial size, not one you’d normally see in a house.

Having purchased a pack of panties, we were just coming out when we ran into Mrs Alcott, if you remember the bible thumping retired teacher who bashed my car but only coughed up after I helped her to see again.

“Lady Cameron, our angelic aristocrat, how are you?” she effused all over me.

I’m well, Mrs Alcott, and yourself?”

“You should know better than I,” she said and laughed. I felt shoppers looking at us as they went past.

“Hello, Tricia,” she looked down at Trish, who beamed.

“Good morning,” she said adjusting her hand on the bag of panties.

“Been buying up the store?” she addressed to my daughter.

“Nah, only a few knickers–they get ruined after sex.”

Mrs Alcott gave me a horrified look and went into the shop. I dragged Trish out and asked her what she meant.

“After I use my thingy–the iodine stuff stains my knickers.”

“That’s dilating, Trish, not sex.”

“That isn’t what you call it when Daddy dilates you, is it?”

I think I was still blushing when we drove out of the car park.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
233 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

thanks!

kristin's picture

The last paragraph, put the FIRST smile on my face, today! Thanks! As usual, great writing and I always appriciate your type of humor. I look forward to more, Kristyn

kristyn nichols

Great Chuckle

littlerocksilver's picture

That was good!

Portia

I Just Love That Trish !

Something I dont often do, being an atheist, is quote the Black Book, but somewhere in it you can find the words "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings!", which is mostly taken to mean "Your kids will get you in trouble with careless words!", which is one of the rarer things in it that happen to be true. I can remember this because one would have expected it to have "out of the mouths of" but it does not, leastways in the version they made me read at my main primary school, eons, or even geological periods, it seems, ago.

That was fun Angharad. I suspect you are cooking up something BIG for very soon. Getting to understand the rhythm of your tricks, I think.

Fantastic work and again many sincere thanks for entertaining us all every day.
Hugs

Briar

OMG!

ROFL!!!

Trish, you're too, too much.

And, I'd be blushing, too! ;-D)

Red MacDonald

Iodine, seriously?

I finally gave up on all that since no man wants me. I doubt that I could get a pencil up there now, might as well be a Nun.

Gwendolyn

Now That Was Funny

Thanks Angharad. Nice setup.

Mega-brain

If Trish ever stops declaring the obvious (to her anyway), it is quite possible....well, anyway, Trish, don't stop your observations on life, as seen thru your eyes.

“After I use my thingy—the iodine stuff stains my knickers.”

“That’s dilating, Trish, not sex.”

“That isn’t what you call it when Daddy dilates you, is it?”

I think I was still blushing when we drove out of the car park.

I rest my case!

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

Leave it to Mega Brain Trish

to thoroughly, with her unique grasp of the obvious to add things up in a ay that is bound to embarrass her Mum, and giv her dad a chuckle when he hears it from Cathy.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Little Minx!

Trish can be right stirrer. Trouble is, Trish might think it was all in jest but some dozy wazzacks might get the wrong end of the stick and assume without any hard evidence, that Trish is being exposed to adult sex and therefore child abuse. Great weeds from tiny seeds doth grow. Mrs Alcott seemed a particularly assumptive individual as I recall.

Is this another 'cliff-hanger' I ask myself.

Still lovin' it.

Bev.

XX

bev_1.jpg

Unlike Cathy ...

... I enjoy a good titter just before bed-time and Trish, through the medium of Angharad, has just provided it. Of course, Cathy's titter may well be something to do with Simon's tickling stick ... ooer Missus!

Thanks so much for the amusement you so generously provide.

Robi

Oh, my...

They do say the darndest things, don't they... Why do I think Trish has been saving that up for just the right time to spring it on her mom (and whoever else is around)...

You use Iodine when using the thingy? oh, my... Nobody told me about that part.

Running late, that does happen. Amazing how much time can pass when you roll over for just a minute.

Thanks,
Annette

Not That Kind

Not the stinging tincture kind. Doubtless the more gentle, water-based, povidone-iodine topical antiseptic variety, one brand of the stuff is called Betadine in the U.S.

Betadine..

Betadine CAN sting! :-) Specially if you have an open wound. Guess that one isn't supposed to have open wounds, down there... :-)

Annette

God, I love Trish

and she had to pick the perfect person to use it on.

We have Betadine in the UK too

Just the sort of humour to kick-start my day.

At Trish's age, I didn't know which way was 'up'. I just knew that 'summat were wrong.'

S.