Touching the Moon part 22

Printer-friendly version


Touching the Moon part 22
By
Morpheus

I was a bit surprised by myself over what I’d done last night. I could hardly believe that I’d intentionally turned into a succubus again and had willingly stayed that way until the sun rose. And what was even more unbelievable...I’d enjoyed myself.

Last night, I’d been wide awake and full of energy so had been able to get a lot of my homework done. On top of that, I’d been given a nice reprieve from the period which had recently begun. Those things alone had been good reason to appreciate my time as a succubus, but of course, how that body felt had certainly added to the experience.

Of course, the main reasons that I’d been so hesitant to turn into a succubus again…so…afraid…had been because of the things I felt. The things my succubus body craved. But last night, I hadn’t lost control of myself, which had been my greatest fear. I’d been able to control myself and even found a way to satisfy my cravings without getting close to another person. Without hurting anyone else or even letting them see me like this.

After last night, I felt a strange sense of satisfaction. Perhaps it was because I’d been able to satisfy my succubus needs. Perhaps it was because I’d been able to overcome some of my greatest fears about being in that form. Dad told me that I would have to come to terms with my Were side, that I would have to accept that it was a part of me. I think that last night was my first real step in doing that.

When I changed back to my normal form with the sunrise, the effects of my period returned. I cursed bitterly at the cramps and bleeding, though I knew that at least I was luckier than most girls in that my Were form could give me a reprieve.

Strangely, even though I’d been up all night studying, watching old Twilight Zone episodes online, and playing with myself, I felt wide awake and full of energy once I changed back. In fact, I almost felt as though I’d downed an energy drink. I’d felt oddly awake after changing back the first two times, but not quite to this level. The only real difference that I could think of was that this time, I’d fed as a succubus.

I was in a strange mood as I got dressed and went to my first class. On one hand, I was upset by my period and the bloody reminder of my female status. But on the other, my mood was lightened a great deal when I thought of last night. It was almost as though at least a part of the weight had been removed from my shoulders.

About mid-morning, I was sitting in class next to Sylvie and paying attention while Amylia gave us a lecture on the different types of magic. At the moment, she was talking about illusion magic and how it different from conjuring magic, which was basically creating solid illusions.

“Illusions and conjurings are of the same nature,” Amylia told the class. “The spells are very similar and conjurings are only a little more complicated. The greatest difference is the amount of raw magical energy that it takes to create a conjuring…”

I glanced to where Teressa and Kaellie sat at the other end of the classroom. I’d caught both of them glaring at me several times during the class, though neither of them were doing so at the moment.

“Different types of magics have different levels of inherent complexity,” Amylia continued the lecture. “Elemental spells are among the most simple. Illusion falls about midrange on the scale of complexity with conjuring being a little more difficult. Then at the higher levels of complexity, you have transformation and then transmutation spells.”

“What’s the difference?” someone asked.

“Transformation is changing something like into like,” Amylia explained, having immediately caught my full attention the moment she’d first mentioned transformation magics. “Changing a cat into a dog is transformation magic. Changing that same cat into a stone statue is transmutation.” She continued explaining the difference between transformation and transmutation for the next two minutes.

“I wouldn’t mind learning how to transmute shit into gold,” Sylvie commented beside me. I snickered in response and nodded my agreement.

“The complexity of these spells increases the difficulty in casting them,” Amylia continued. “And not only for the obvious reasons. The more complex a spell is, the more magical energy must be spent just to maintain the pattern. This means that it takes far more magical energy to cast a complicated spell than it would to cast a simple spell with the same level of effect. For example, every sorcerer can cast the basic elemental spells. However, you must be able to draw enough magic before you can cast any transmutation spells. In fact, the easiest transmutation spell requires enough magic that you have to be class eight just to cast it.”

I suddenly froze at that, feeling a cold chill run down my spine. I was barely aware as Sylvie muttered, “Damn, I guess I won’t be turning lead to gold. I’m only a class six.”

“What about transformation spells?” I asked loud enough for Amylia to hear my question. I held my breath, apprehensively waiting for her answer.

Amylia paused and gave me a curious look. “Transformation spells are a little less complex than the transmutation ones. The simplest ones cause relatively minor changes and can be cast by a class six sorcerer. However, greater changes require even more magic.”

I stared at Amylia for a moment in horror and then collapsed back in my chair, feeling stunned as I considered her answer. Ever since I came to the Academy, I’ve been studying hard with the hopes of one day learning how to cast a powerful enough transformation spell to change me back to normal. Now, my hopes of ever being able to do so had just been dashed. As a class 4, I would never be powerful enough to cast even the easiest transformation spells.

When aunt June had first begun teaching me magic back home, she’d told me about transformation spells and had promised that one day she’d teach me what she knew. However, she’d hesitated and I’d known at the time that there was something she wasn’t saying. Now I knew exactly what that something was.

“Why?” I whispered, wondering why aunt June had lied to me. It was a lie of exclusion rather than a direct lie, but she’d intentionally deceived me nonetheless.

“Are you okay?” Sylvie asked me with a concerned look. “What’s wrong?”

“Later,” I responded, my voice shaking slightly. I didn’t feel like talking about it right there in class.

I had a difficult time paying attention for the rest of the class, in spite of the fact that it was on a subject I was interested in. When the class ended, I hurried out of there to get some fresh air.

I stopped outside the classroom and took several deep breaths as I tried to calm myself. Sylvie stood beside me, putting a hand on my shoulder and looking worried.

“Are you okay?” she asked me again.

“Yeah,” I told her with a weak smile. “I just got some…disappointing news.”

Teressa and Kaellie came out of the classroom at that point and looked at me just long enough for Teressa to sneer and spit out, “Animal.”

“Real original,” Sylvie responded, jumping to my defense. “Let me guess…next you’re going to call her a mudblood.”

Neither of the other girls responded to Sylvie’s comments and continued on their way. I was glad to see them go since I wasn’t in a mood to deal with those bitches right now.

“Well, that was interesting,” a new voice said. I looked over and saw Gayle coming towards me. “Hey Erin. How are you holding up?”

“All right,” I responded with a chuckle.

“I’ve heard some of the rumors going around,” Gayle told me, looking grim.

“So, you don’t like Weres either?” Sylvie half demanded of her.

“I don’t have any problems with Weres,” Gayle said, looking almost offended. She looked me in the eyes. “But I have to admit, you are the only one I’ve ever met.”

“Yeah, I noticed that there aren’t a lot of us around here,” I told her with a chuckle.

“I heard about yesterday,” Gayle told me with a sigh. “Trust me, I know what it’s like dealing with false accusations and rumors.” She shook her head and snorted in disgust. “It sucks.”

“Oh, what kind of rumors?” Sylvie asked, looking more curious than hostile now.

“Well,” Gayle said, rolling her eyes. “There was the one that I was trying to take over the world…”

I stared at her, wondering if she was joking. However, she looked like she was being serious. “Wow.”

“You get used to it,” she told me with a shrug. “Eventually, most of them go away.”

“How long?” I asked with a grimace.

She hesitated a moment before admitting, “Longer than I’d like.”

Sylvie snorted at that. “That sounds so promising.”

“I try,” Gayle responded with a grin. Then she abruptly asked, “So, have you read any of that book I gave you?”

“I read through part of it last night,” I told her, remembering the book. It had been old and hand-written, seeming to mostly contain notes on different tricks and ideas about spells and magic in general.

“Take good care of it,” Gayle told me. “My sponsor gave it to me. And I do want it back when you’re done.”

“Thanks,” I told her. “I really appreciate it.”

Gayle just smiled at that. “No problem.” She hesitated a moment and then put a hand on my shoulder again. “Things will get better,” she promised me quietly. “You just have to hang on and keep your friends close.”

After Gayle left a few seconds later, I turned to Sylvie and said, “I guess we should get going to class before we’re late.”

“Okay,” she replied, giving me a suspicious look. “But you still have to tell me why you looked so shook up. Remember, Gayle just told you to keep your friends close.”

“At lunch,” I promised her with a sigh, not wanting to get into this just yet. “I’ll tell you at lunch.”

up
252 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I so want to know what Erin's

I so want to know what Erin's level is at after she feeds.

Keep your friends close

I have a bad feeling about what is to come

That's Odd

All Weres naturally cast powerful Transformation spells that last all night, yet Erin is only a class 4? I wonder if the power level test gave a false reading because she is a Were/Touch hybrid. Maybe because Were contain their magic better than Touch do and the test messures leakage.

Weres don't cast anything

Lots of Touched can have really powerful talent - Gayle's mother is said to be powerful enough to sink cruise ships with her talent. Almost none of the Touched are sorcerers at all, much less high ranked sorcerers. Weres don't cast spells at all unless they happen to also be sorcerers, they merely channel it to be able to transform into a single alternate form, under some circumstances.

Now, I bet that Erin will get a power boost from feeding as a succubus, but being a were probably doesn't have any inherent impact on her magical talent or her sorcerer's power as one of the Touched. The boost comes from being a particular kind of mythic, with a particular way of acquiring extra energy.

Teressa and Kaellie

Are such sensitive flowers that a little difference causes there sensibilities to go all wobbly. When they are Confronted by the total Were experience of Erin Succubus side, I hope there are wearing Depends.

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

No males mentioned

I was curious to see if any of the males were affected by her feeding, but none were mentioned.

Me too. I was half expecting many of the boys to look at her

oddly or to be exhausted all day
.

Were we given a clue. Gayle telling Erin to be careful with that old book as it belongs to her sponsor.

Will the bitch squad damage or steal it as *proof* she is evil?

Sounds like the shit they might pull.

And we still have the so called wolf attack.

Wouldn't it be great if one of the bitches was in fact a Were or from a Were family?

That could explain her hatred. IE being a Were of having Were's in her family has *ruined* her life. Or the teen tragedy of losing a boyfriend to Were girl. Hey she seems to think Erin has *stollen * HER man.

Or she is simply a jerk.

I also agree, as Erin is a rare hybrid of Were and Touched AND is rare even among Were I wonder if the Aunt's magic measuring test was flawed in her case?

I remain very suspicious her enhanced woman form is a little better at magic than the plain teen and that the succubus is off the charts as a sorceress... AKA she's an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Just so long as she does not take up the drums.

Obscure rock mockumentary film reference .

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Obscura_Trivica

.."But why don't you just make 10 louder?"

"Because it's 11 !"

[something like that?]

It would appear

my guess about ambient energies was correct. So she didn't actually draw on anyone's personal life-force. I can buy that seeing how concentrated all that teenager sexual energies has to be at any school.

Understand that this and college dorms maybe the only places on the planet this concentrated so in the future she might have a problem. Even those dorms require a roommate and that would be a problem.

The other good question is what level is she at now and how does that change from form to form? She got such a shot of juice from feeding that it's kept her awake for 24 hours. Was it magic?

Wonderful stuff!
Grover

You werre thinking This Is Spinal Tap?

That IS the secert word and you win the fifty ....

WHO stole the fifty dollars from my duck?

478px-Groucho_Marx.jpg

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

I am having a good time

I love Gayle being in this story too
Erin needs more friends ,1 is not enough