Thirty Million Reasons -7-

Printer-friendly version

Skinny dipping in the moonlight, what could be more romantic?

Thirty Million

Reasons

by Erin Halfelven

Chapter 7

Outside, Jay splashed and swam in the moonlit water of Uncle Pete's backyard pool. Yellow buglights on the patio and even yellower streetlamps a hundred yards away didn't do much to change the eerie half-light of the three-quarter moon. The lights of neighboring houses didn't give enough light to matter, none of them even as close as the streetlamps. Far away and down at the bottom of the slight rise Uncle Pete had built on, the highway muttered and hummed sleepily. Overhead, a few moving lights flickered, helicopters probably, reminders that a reasonably busy Marine base was not far away.

I padded across the cement barefoot, hugging my chest against a slight chill from the wind off the mountains. The seven-foot redwood fence kept out all neighboring eyes but I wondered foolishly if the men in the helicopters could see me. "This is a stupid idea, Jay."

"You're nekkid," he chortled, his pronounciation deliberately vulgar.

In the dimness, even through the water, I could see the tan of his arms and legs and the lesser tan of his chest and back. And the white strip across his middle with the darkness of his pubic hair in the center. I shivered. "How can it be cold after being so hot in the afternnoon," I complained.

"The water is warm," he said. "C'mon in, Kit. You know there's still melting snow on the mountains, the wind is going to be cold."

I walked into the shallow end, conscious that the only slight tan I had was on face, neck and arms. The rest of me looked about as pale as mixed European ancestry, mostly Irish, could make one. I realy didn't want to do this, so why was I doing it? When I was in up to my waist, Jay submarined and grabbed me by the ankles, pulling me in further. I'm not that great a swimmer and he knew that would terrorize me in the dark.

I screamed; I know I must have but the water cut off my yell and I got a mouthful of chlorinated yuck. I grabbed for something to hold onto, but Jay had pulled me into the middle of the pool and the only thing I could grab onto was him.

I cursed at him when I had the breath but he just laughed, easily holding me up while he treaded water. "That wasn't funny," I told him angrily.

"Yes, it was," he said but added, "I shouldn't have done it, though. I'm sorry, Kit." That's the way he'd always been, quick to apologize but always ready to offend the rules again if it suited him.

I tried to swim away. He'd been right about the water, it was deliciously warm but the wind seemed to bite twice as sharply where it touched the wet skin of my arms and face. In the heated water I could feel his skin against me the whole length of my body and became very aware that neither of us wore trunks.

He let me go. "To your left, Kit," he warned. "You're headed into the deep end right now. Find the edge and catch your breath."

I did that and hung there for several minutes while Jay thrashed mightily back and forth in the pool, as if trying to work off some excess energy. I kept ducking my head under to warm up, the wind was making my ears and nose hurt with the cold. Then it got very quiet.

"Jay?" I asked. The moon and patio lights illuminated the surface of the pool quite well but with my head at water level, I couldn't see anything submerged. I ducked my head again and kept my eyes open this time. Jay hung motionless in the water a few feet above the murky bottom; just a dark man-shaped blob in the dimness. His head, arms and legs dangled as if he had been knocked out in an unexpected collision with the pool edge.

I knew I was being tricked. I knew he could sham unconsciousness, holding his breath, for far longer than I could bear to hang there on the edge of the pool doing nothing. I couldn't wait to find out; even though I knew it must be a fake, I had to act as if he had really been hurt. I decided that the next glass of milk I poured for him would have horseradish in it.

I took three deep breaths and immediately swam down to where Jay floated about four feet below the surface. The pool really wasn't all that deep, just nine feet in the very middle of the wide end. I grabbed Jay's arm and tried to tug him toward the surface, putting my feet on the bottom and shoving both of us upward.

The water resisted our movement but my head broke the surface and I took a deep gasping breath of the cold air--just as Jay grabbed me from behind around the middle and rolled us over. He must have took a breath as he turned over because he immediately pulled us downward again. The noise I made probably sounded like one of those antelopes the lions kill at the waterhole on the Animal Planet.

It wasn't terror, though; it was fury. It didn't occur to me for an instant that he might be panicking; Jay never panicked. I was so mad I forgot to be scared. I struggled to get free, trying to put an elbow in his eye or a heel in his groin. I even tried to bite him. Whenever both of our heads were above water, I could hear him laughing. I felt like a little kid struggling against his size and strength and greater ability in the water.

Jay isn't a complete idiot though. All during our wrestling match, he had guided us toward the shallower end, I had gotten completely turned around and felt surprised when my feet touched bottom. This was actually worse; with something to brace against, Jay could use even more of his strength.

And now he was tickling me!

I gasped and whooped and got lots of water up my nose but managed not to get any down my windpipe. Finally, I went limp, knowing I couldn't win against his strength. That's when I felt the hardness of his penis against my leg. I didn't know what was happening for sure; I was exhausted, but my surprise almost caused me to take that breath of chlorine pool water I had so far avoided.

Jay lifted me easily, turning me so we were facing each other. His feet were on the bottom and our upper bodies were exposed to the cold mountain wind. Before my teeth could begin chattering, he kissed me. My arms felt like lead but I lifted them up and put them around his neck.

I think I intended to strangle him but it wasn't working out that way. His dick felt hot against my thigh and I kissed him back. I'm not sure why, maybe it just seemed like the thing to do. We stood there kissing until my teeth really did begin to chatter. "I'm f-freezing, Jay," I told him between kisses.

I tried to pull away and get all of my body under the water again but he just picked me up and carried me through the patio doors. I felt as if I weighed a ton, like you do when you've just got out of the pool, and I marveled at how strong he was to accomplish this. His dick rubbed against my bottom.

I thought I knew what was going to happen next and it scared me worse than thinking Jay might be drowning. We dripped pool water across Uncle Pete's kitchen tiles and down the hallway. Jay set me down while he grabbed towels from the big bathroom--but he kept one arm around my waist; I don't know why I didn't try to get away.

I wanted to see his cock. Worse, I wanted to touch it, to see how someone else's cock felt when it was hard and swollen. I felt an ache and a heat in my own groin but I knew I hadn't got really hard yet. I wondered about that vaguely. Jay draped a towel around my shoulders and led me toward the shabby couch of the uncarpeted family room.

"I'm not sure..." I said.

"We can find out," said Jay. "No one will have to know."

We dried each other off and I actually got to touch his dick. It felt rubbery or maybe more like soft leather wrapped around wood, like the handle of a baseball bat. It fit my hand in a very odd way and I heard him take a deep ragged breath when I squeezed.

The lights in the house were on a dimmer switch and Jay must have turned it as we passed because the room wasn't much brighter than the moonlit pool outside. We kissed again, tasting each other's mouths with our tongues, then he sat on the couch and pulled me down with my legs across his lap.

"Kit," he said. His voice sounded as if he had forced the air out around some obstructing muscle. I didn't think I could speak at all. I'd never felt like that before, not even when masturbating. He pinched one of my nipples and I moaned. "Kit's got titties," he laughed.

"No. I don't. I'm just fat." I gasped out in three separate breaths.

He lowered his mouth and sucked on my nipple. It felt electric, like the shock you get from a carpet in the winter, but it didn't hurt and I couldn't pull away..

"You're fat like a girl, Kit," he moaned. "Tits and ass, you're soft all over."

"I'm not," I said.

"Not?"

I could feel the little bit of beard stubble he had against my chest, then my neck, then my cheek. He nibbled gently on my earlobe. "Not a girl," I moaned. "I'm not a girl."

"God, Kit," he groaned. "God, but I wish you were."

I pulled away from him then; he tried to catch me but I fell ass first onto the floor with my heels still in his lap. He grabbed one of my ankles, much too late and too little to stop my tumble. "Let me go, Jay!" I yelped and kicked at him.

He let me go and stood up, dumping the rest of me onto the floor. I looked up at him and couldn't avoid looking past his cock, still standing stiffly out from his body. The situation had turned from scary to ridiculous in an instant and I laughed, maybe a little spastically but it was definitely a laugh. We were both naked, Jay had a hard-on and I was lying in the middle of the floor--a situation too stupid for words.

His dick drooped suddenly, I never saw anything like it. One moment it looked like wood and the next, like a soggy breadstick. I laughed even harder--okay, I got the giggles.

I didn't point but I suppose I might as well have. Jay's expression never changed as he stepped over me and stalked--stalked is the right word--back out to the pool. I scrambled to my feet and called after him. "I'm sorry!" He didn't answer.

I stopped laughing and wondered if I'd somehow offended him so badly we couldn't be friends anymore. I heard him splash into the pool. I knew I shouldn't have laughed but I couldn't help it and now I felt bad about it. I realized I was still standing there naked.

I touched my lips, my ear, my nipple; the places where Jay had kissed me. More than half my life, Jay and I had been best friends but this had turned very weird, very suddenly.

I decided I'd better get dressed before he came back in. I know I intended to go to my room where my clothes still lay neatly across the guest bed but I turned the knob on the door of the one room in the house we weren't supposed to enter--Uncle Pete and Aunt Shellie's bedroom.

I opened the closet and found one end of it fairly empty with a few heavy winter looking clothes covered in plastic and Pete's jeans and shirt collection, the clothes he had left behind. The other end held Aunt Shellie's things, a larger collection though presumably she had taken things with her.

She's not really my aunt, of course, but I called her that just as I called Jay's mom 'Aunt Deanna' and he called mine 'Aunt Peggy'. Another thing Shellie isn't, she's not a small woman. Taller than me and heavier even than Jay, she wasn't exactly fat but a lot of people would probably have described her that way. None of her clothes were likely to fit me and I couldn't think of why the thought might have occurred to me.

I closed the closet door and left the bedroom, closing that door behind me too. I went back to my own room, got dressed for bed and sat there for a long time trying to figure it all out.

I knew Jay wasn't gay because he had lots of girlfriends; in fact, we didn't spend nearly as much time palling around as we used to because he was always off on some date. And apparently, I wasn't gay either or I wouldn't have been so scared and I wouldn't have laughed at his dick. I put a pillow over my face when I felt the giggles threatening to return.

I heard Jay come back inside and listened to him going around locking doors and turning off lights. I felt like I had disappointed him and maybe hurt his feelings. I wanted him to come into my room and say he was sorry so I could apologize again, but I was also afraid that he might do more than that.

I think he booted up the computer and played some sort of shooter game then. I fell asleep listening to the muted bangs and screams. In the morning, he acted as if nothing had happened and neither of us ever mentioned it.

up
113 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

30M-7

Yikes! Kit is certainy one confused lad. You set the scene well. It's erotic - well not my kind of eroticism, but I'm like the judge: I know it when I see it. ;) The thing that kinda drives me crazy though is a technique you like to use - edging ever so close to something significant then backing away. I have to say that you've used it an awful lot in the story so far. /And the white strip across his middle with the darkness of his pubic hair in the center. I shivered. "How can it be cold after being so hot in the afternnoon," I complained./ Now isn't that a little typical of Kit? He sees Jay's dick and immediately thinks of how cold it is. /That's when I felt the hardness of his penis against my leg. I didn't know what was happening for sure; I was exhausted, but my surprise almost caused me to take that breath of chlorine pool water I had so far avoided./ Again, his thought pattern isn't one of real shock, but of exhaustion and worry of the chlorine water - details that a boy in his position probably wouldn't think about. /I think I intended to strangle him but it wasn't working out that way. His dick felt hot against my thigh and I kissed him back. I'm not sure why, maybe it just seemed like the thing to do. We stood there kissing until my teeth really did begin to chatter. "I'm f-freezing, Jay," I told him between kisses./ He kisses his best friend, feels his dick, and he suddenly thinks of how cold he is - between kisses, yet! /We dried each other off and I actually got to touch his dick. It felt rubbery or maybe more like soft leather wrapped around wood, like the handle of a baseball bat. It fit my hand in a very odd way and I heard him take a deep ragged breath when I squeezed./ No emotional power there, at least not from Kit. Just idle curiosity for his first gay act. They kiss for a while then Kit loses interest again. These scenes are repeated again and again, although not as explicitly as this, from the earliest chapters. In a way Kit reminds me of Candy, from the book by the same name in his utter naivite - but without the charm. He's like a page that erases itself after every experience - ultimately learning nothing. A very strange boy. I can't relate to him. I don't know understand him at all, or even fathom how he can be so untouched by personally earth-shattering events. How would he react if someone did him from behind? From previous experience, I imagine he might record it as warm, full, or painful but strangely pleasing, and decide ultimately that it was getting late and he had to get home. Good solid writing, descriptive, extremely smooth and evocative, crisp, concise and all those other nice adjectives, but I've lost interest in the main character. I'd like to throw him in a well and have the old man start over with someone else. He can do better than Kit. ;) Aardvark

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

Approach/avoidance

erin's picture
Some people go directly for what they want, some people have to sneak up on their feelings. Kit's conflicted emotions produced some real confusion. :) - Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Thirty Million Reasons Part 7

Hi,

Well things got a little closer, but to what.

Kit certainly knows that Jay's interested and that no longer appears to be an issue to Kit. Kit also made no comment about Jay seeing Kit as a girl. In fact he decided to dress for Jay...Kit certainly wanted to please Jay that much.

It will be interesting to see how things progress after a night apart. Will Kit still want to please Jay or will Jay need to force the issue again.

Hugs

Karen

Kit does make a statement.

You stated, "Kit also made no comment about Jay seeing Kit as a girl." On the contrary, Kit does make a comment. Kit states, "Not a girl," "I'm not a girl." This was probably to convince himself as much as Jay. When he went into his Uncle's bedroom it was not to dress for Jay. Kit was ready to go to bed, not to continue the "sexual romp" with Jay. Kit knew that his Aunt was a large woman and would have nothing to fit his small body. While the author has not stated at this time, there is enough here to read between the lines that Kit may be suffering from gender identity disorder, GID. It is not unusual for GID sufferers to try and convince themselves that they are their birth genders so that they can feel "normal." At the beginning of the "sexual romp," Kit probably forgot that on the outside he is a boy. However, Jay's comments about his body brought it back to the surface and ended the "magic."

Interesting analysis...

erin's picture
And the closest I've seen to what I was aiming at. :) We'll be getting more into these topics in later chapters. Thanks for the comment. - Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Memories

erin's picture
Remember, this was a memory, Kit was recalling. And the last phrase of the chapter is "neither of us ever mentioned it." :) - Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

It is good to see this contin

It is good to see this continuing on. Poor Kit does seem to be a bit easily swayed on such matters, though. Nice work, ma'am. -r

-a

I'm not sure I'd say 'easily'...

erin's picture
...but thanks for the comment and appreciation. :) - Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

vivid images

I really like what you've done with Kit so far. You've created an interesting young man who has had things happen that he doesn't understand. His family lifestyle and tight finances (no computer, a busy work schedule) have kept him from discovering things that seem obvious to most readers of TG fiction and the naivity is sweet and sad and in no way overdone.

The images that you've used in his memories of the encounter with Jay are perfect. There's the heat of the water and the cool air - bound to produce steam. The fluid nature of this environment allows for teasing, mystery... glimpses of something that is both physical but also hinting at the depth in Kit himself... water is ever changing, revealing or hiding that within it, and taking its shape from the container in which it is placed.

The repetition of experiencing a sensation of 'cold' in sexual encounters works well for me as well... shivering, trembling, becoming flushed... a mind playing tricks on itself could explain those things as caused by the temperature. But desire and fear and shame can all produce those feelings as well.

There is also an interesting contrast between the implied direction of the story and the history of the character driving it. Ed may not know his own reasons for doing what he is... is he reaching out and trying to control the world to shape it the way he wants.. or are the actions he is taking bigger than his own dreams, something meant to be?

Either way, I'm looking forward to more of this story.

Thank you for sharing it.
Kristin Darken

Love your comments...

erin's picture

:) I'm glad that some of what I intended to communicate made it through. And you read some things in there that I wasn't aware that I had included. :) Love it when that happens.

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

I love that feeling

Is there any feeling more powerful than that which
you get when you suddenly realize you've gone a little
too far? Tremors of nervousness in your tummy, and
a burning of anitcipation in your chest that takes
your breath away, and weakens your knees - even as
your mind keeps telling you yes...
A very entertaining story Erin. I feel so keenly
the anticipaton of what is to come, that I too hope
you will continue this story very, very soon.
Thank you, Erin.

Sarah Lynn

Feelings

erin's picture

The next few chapters are finished, I'm just not happy with them yet. I hope to post soon. :) Glad you like it so far.

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.