Touching the Moon part 9

Printer-friendly version


Touching the Moon part 9
By
Morpheus

“Okay, I’m ready,” I announced as I stepped into the living room where aunt June was waiting for me.

I was currently in my enhanced form, wearing jeans and a T-shirt with the words ‘I Aim to Misbehave’ written across the front. Just a short time ago, I’d shown up for our morning lessons, only to find that she was standing by her pronouncement from yesterday. She refused to begin the lessons until I changed into my sexier form. That meant not only a change of body, but also a change of clothes.

I glared at aunt June, not being very happy with her at the moment. I was uncomfortable with being a girl in the first place and it felt like she was rubbing my face in it. She seemed to take a strange delight in making me stay as the sexy version of my new self, much to my embarrassment.

But in spite of how self-conscious I was like this, I wasn’t about to miss my lessons with aunt June, especially not today. Aunt June had promised to teach me how to actually cast a real spell before I left for the Academy, and since I was supposed to leave for the Academy tomorrow, that meant we’d be doing it today. I was pretty excited about that.

“Much better,” aunt June declared with an approving nod. “Now we can begin.” She stood up from where she’d been sitting on the couch and announced, “I have something special for today…”

“You’re going to teach me to cast a spell,” I said eagerly.

“In a bit,” she responded with an amused look. “I have something else first.”

Aunt June picked up a small stack of papers and then went out the back door. I followed her into a spot in the back yard that was well away from the house. There was a circle drawn on the ground with powdered chalk and inside of it there were some lines and symbols drawn. I immediately recognized this as a spell circle since aunt June had told me all about them yesterday, even drawing diagrams as examples.

A spell circle was simply a place where a spell was made. The circle marked a border to contain loose magic while all the lines and symbols inside were the blueprint and guide for how to actually build the spell. According to aunt June, if you really knew what you were doing, you could make a spell without all that stuff, but otherwise it was really useful for showing you how to form the right magical pattern.

“To start with,” aunt June said, looking over the papers she’d brought with her. “I’m going to cast a spell and I want you to stand back and watch. Pay attention to the magic like I showed you yesterday and see how I’m forming the pattern. Don’t worry if you get lost. This spell is a fairly complicated one and well above what I’m going to start you with.”

Aunt June began casting a spell, saying the strange sounding words which I now knew were not really necessary but were basically just her reciting the instructions aloud. I stood back and watched intently as she gathered magical energy and formed it into a pattern, following the guides she’d drawn in the circle. It was interesting but hard to follow, and after ten minutes, I was starting to get bored.

Aunt June continued working this spell for over half an hour, and just as she finished it, she suddenly did something else and I saw all the magic vanish. She held up a business card in her hand and I could somehow sense the magic tied to it. Aunt June had not just cast a spell but she’d also placed it into a token.

“That always takes a bit out of me,” aunt June confided to me, letting out a sigh of relief.

“Now what?” I asked, looking to the token she now held in her hand.

“Now, we test it,” she responded with a grin.

I nodded at that, more than eager to see her test it. After all, I’d just watched her spend half an hour casting the spell so I was dying to know what it actually did.

“So, what does it do?” I asked.

“This is the spell you’ve been waiting for,” aunt June answered, giving me a serious look. “A friend just sent it to me last night and I’ve been preparing to cast it for you.”

“That can change me back into a guy?” I gasped, nearly jumping with excitement.

“It MIGHT,” aunt June cautioned me. “Remember, I already told you that it probably won’t work very well. Still, it can’t hurt to try so cross your fingers.”

I made a show of crossing my fingers and then braced myself as aunt June held out the card and exclaimed, “Abra kadabra.”

I immediately felt the now familiar sensation of my body changing. My flesh and bones once again began to shift and reshape, though this time I was thankful for it. My breasts deflated until they were gone and before I knew it, I was male again. My clothes were uncomfortable on me, especially the bra I was still wearing, but I was beyond ecstatic.

“YES,” I exclaimed, grabbing my flat chest and grinning like an idiot. “I’m me again…”

“You were always you,” aunt June pointed out with a chuckle.

“I mean I’m a guy again,” I responded, sticking out my tongue.

“Remember,” she reminded me, “this isn’t permanent. This is just a temporary gender change spell and your sorcerer’s mark might make it even more so.”

“But maybe it reset everything,” I argued. “Maybe I’ll stay this way.”

Aunt June gave me a look that suggested I was being foolish but she didn’t say anything. But just ten minutes later, the spell wore off and I quickly found myself changing again. When it was over, I was back to my plain girl form rather than the enhanced one I’d been before using the spell.

“No,” I cried out, staring down at myself in disappointment.

Aunt June didn’t say ‘I told you so’, though she did give me a sympathetic look. Instead, she said, “Let’s try it again with you in your base form.”

When aunt June cast the spell for a second time, I paid even closer attention. Now that I knew what this spell was for, I had a very strong interest in it.

“Now, let’s try this again,” aunt June said when she was finished. She gestured to me with the newly made token and repeated the same activation words she usually used. “Abra kadabra.”

My body began changing yet again, though this time I had less breast size to lose than the last. In half a minute, I was back to my male form again. However, I was less excited about it this time because I knew that it really wouldn’t last.

“Please stay this way,” I prayed to whatever god looked over the Touched. Unfortunately, whatever god it was didn’t appear to be listening because I changed back ten minutes later.

“I’m sorry,” aunt June told me sympathetically. “It looks like you’ll just have to get used to this.”

“But maybe if we try using the spell while I’m already a guy,” I suggested out of desperation.

Aunt June gave me a steady look and said, “It won’t work and I’m not going to spend the entire day casting that spell for you…not when we have more work to do.”

“But…” I started.

“I’ll make more tokens later on,” she promised. “But for now, I still have some things to teach you.”

After a moment, I reluctantly nodded at that. Still, I couldn’t resist looking to the spell circle she’d been working out of and sighing. That spell might not do much right now, but it could still be the key to changing me back into a guy. There was no doubt in my mind that I was going to learn how to cast that one.

Then I looked down at myself again and thought of the clothes I was wearing which were too large and loose for my current body. With that, I reached for my talent and felt my body changing again. At least this way my clothes would fit.

“Okay,” I finally said, looking to aunt June. “What next?”

up
253 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

the aunt still needs to grab a clue

she may like him in super sexy mode, but HE is still a guy in his head, and she should have more compassion for his situation. I figured the spell wouldnt work, not with him being a succubus as well. I hope he can be at peace with what he is now, without losing his sense of self.

DogSig.png

the aunt

Sadarsa's picture

nah, it has *almost* nothing to do with her wanting him in that form... she just asks him to be in it to help him get used to it. The idea being that if he can tolorate the sexier version then he will welcome being in his "normal" form. If he can feel relived to be his--err HER now normal self then the whole being a girl thing may start to bug him less.

from where im sitting she's got more than a clue.

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

Not a surprise

Aunt June said the spell might not last long and sure enough it didn't. For just 10 minutes it's hardly worth it. Still with all the personal attention, she come a fair ways in learning magic.

Grover

I wonder what Freud would say?

Giggle. So here we have an author that wants to be a girl who is writing a story about a guy that got changed to one, but the protagonist is fighting it like crazy.

So, is this some sort of guilt relief or do some of us really not want to be girls but this strange damnable compulsion comes on us. That's the way it felt for me back in 2004. I fought it, fought the guild, fought the doctors. Hmmm perhaps this bears more thought.

Gwendolyn

I wouldn't try to analyze

I wouldn't try to analyze people, it tends to piss them off.

Anyway, there are different reasons for people to be fascinated by gender bender stories. You don't have to be transgendered to like them.

About the story, I think the Aunt is a bit strange, I'd expected her to show a bit more sympathy with our poor protagonist.

Morpheus, thank you for writing this captivating story,
Beyogi

Serious magic users are a bit odd. It comes with the teritory

What with the extended lifespan, needing to hide who they are from rivals and non magic users and all.

I agree, UNLESS there is another motive and even in that case, I think she realizes her nephew is for the rest of her life a woman. Getting her to tolerate, even like her more adult human form should make her default form seem less of a curse. Make it more comfortable, even perhaps, a blessing?

As to other motives. One, does she have or can she, since she has begun using the life/youth extending magics, have children? Or is there someone in her past who underwent a sex swap or some other traumatic change on their 16th birthday only they either did not take it well and killed themselves or were run off, killed by others? Is she doing this out of love for her family and her former nephew or out of a sense of duty/guilt?

Whatever her core motivation, though she seems aloof, rude perhaps, she is doing what the teen needs.

If she can instill confidence and some measure of pride of her new body in her niece , she will do well at The Academy and in life. I am guessing that if she holds off on using age defying magics until she is a full adult, Aaron's appearance will be close to/same as that of her sexier form? I wonder if the succubus form will also *mature*?

And that is a BIG QUESTION. Is the magic of her Were succubus form strong enough she will not age even with deliberately using anti ageing magics? Succubus as creatures of magic are immortal or nearly so if I recall.

Whatever the eventual answers, she sure will be a topic of much interest and research at The Academy as her case may shed light on why the noticeable increase in the frequency of mythic Were's occurring.

BTW I have my suspicions given Gales -- from the original story about The Academy -- high magic level and who her mistress/patroness is AND her bloodline ti the Lady of the Lake, she will eventually be an instructor or a patroness/mistress of future students.

For that matter, assuming Gale's patron is still alive might she with her long life experience and formidable magics have encountered a Were /Talented before and understand why it happened, what it implies? And what/how would a magical object of Excalibur's ancient age and great power make of/react to our Were succubus?

Still wonder if we are in a time before, after or while Gale is a student there?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Wondering what his/her

friends would think about the new girl??

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

some people cant take a hint

at 16 I would think he would pay more attention to his new body ,if only for the novelty of it ...

Stephen J