Wheels and wings 2

Printer-friendly version

Wheels and Wings 2

Character List.

Jack Thomas Later AKA Ellie.... Transvestite/intersexual and keen cyclist.
Amanda Thomas AKA Amie.... Jack's sister.
Charlotte Dawson.... Keen girl cyclist and Jack’s soon-to-be girlfriend.
Bob.... Cycling club captain.
Mr Thomas Weston.... School games master and keen rugby player.
Billy Davies..... Rugby ‘jock’, kind to Jack, he fancies Charlotte.
Marjorie Spencer..... Holder of unofficial ‘Prettiest-girl-in-the-school’ title.
Miss Elizabeth Postlethwaite..... The English Mistress.
Aunty Olwen.... Where Jack changes for school and leaves his bike.
Mandy..... Olwen’s daughter, Jack’s older cousin.
Mr Griffiths.... The County solicitor.

Chapter 2

One early Saturday morning in the spring, while Jack was out racing, his sister, Amie accidentally discovered his stash of her clothes as she was helping her mother by gathering the laundry. Unusually, that morning his mother had chosen to do the laundry on a Saturday instead of a Monday and she had sent Amie to gather Jack’s laundry.

Normally, Jack left his laundry in the bag in the bathroom to be washed on Mondays. He had left early that Saturday morning so he had not gathered his clothes together preparatory to washing. Consequently, their mother despatched Amie to collect Jack’s dirty clothes. This meant Amie had to search for them because Jack had not left them out.

Jack had already completed his chores before seven that morning in order to make the start of his race and he did not know of the changed laundry arrangements, consequently his dirty clothes were just lying inside the wardrobe.

Bob, the cycling club captain, had picked Jack up at the house and loaded Jack’s road racer (bought second hand, on-line through the club) into the back of his Van. They left before Jack’s mother had a chance to tell him to leave out his dirty clothes. On route, they chatted about tactics while Bob drove.

Meanwhile ‘back at the homestead’, a shocked Amie was showing her equally shocked mother what she’d discovered while searching for Jack’s dirty laundry.

“It’s all my old stuff Mummy; well some of it’s not so old. These were one of that set of panties you bought me for Christmas; I wondered where they’d gone! What’s all this stuff doing in his room? And why was it hidden in his wardrobe? I want them back!”

For long seconds, their mother studied the panties in her hand and rubbed her jaw thoughtfully as she realised she had some difficult questions to ask her son. She wondered if it had anything to do with the break up with their father a few years before. That year Jack had entered the high school only a year ahead of Amie. Now, three years on, his mother asked herself some painful questions.

‘What would a boy just turned fourteen want with his thirteen-year-old sister’s things?’ She asked herself.
The answers that kept re-appearing in her head caused her no small concern.

~~oo000oo~~

up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A very short, but rather deep chapter

Questions and more questions for mom, for Amie, but above all for Jack (or is that another daughter?) to answer. How will mom handle this situation? Especially since it appears that she allready has certain suspisions. How will she prepare Amie for the comming confrontation? Will Jack find acceptance from mother and sister? Or will it be only one of them? Or neither?

Waiting with baited breath for the next installment!

Jessica

Jack/Ellie caused

this to happen. But how will his/herfamily deal with it?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I can think of a few things ....

‘What would a boy just turned fourteen want with his thirteen-year-old sister’s things?

hmmm. I can think of a few things ...

DogSig.png

Short , Sweet..

and to the point... At least the mother did not go off the deep end which bodes well for the soon to be Ellie...

Kirri