Sarah Carerra - 3.38 - Resolutions

Printer-friendly version
This year had been the most incredible year of my life and it was coming to a close.

Sarah Carerra 3: Concerto in A-
Chapter 3.38 - Resolutions
by Megan Campbell
Copyright  ©2012 Megan Campbell
Released: December 31, 2012

Editor Note: The images used for this story were purchased and used under royalty-free license* from iStockphoto.com . ~Sephrena
Author Note: Please email me at AngelJediGirl (at) gmail (dot) com before posting this story to any other site. Posting to a pay site is prohibited.

Comments and suggestions are also welcome at the above email address.

*  *  *

Sarah Carerra Book 3: Concerto in A-

Chapter 3.38 - Resolutions

I woke up late on Saturday morning. Mom had cancelled my appointment with Mary because she knew how tired I would be after performing the previous night. I expected that most of the people who performed had also slept in. I spent most of the weekend recovering, and I really needed this “downtime”. I lounged around the house, watched some TV, and hung out with Emily. It was great doing nothing!

School on Monday was somewhat bittersweet. We only had to attend on Monday and Tuesday before we were off for the rest of the year. That was nice, but I still wished they would have given us the extra two days off.

The only thing that made it worthwhile these two days was watching all of the Chorus members showing off the items they had received in their gift bags. That was quite fun to watch! Jealousy was rampant at the school! Chief among them was George, who had been the only Chorus member to drop out of performing the concert. I had told each of them at the beginning of rehearsals that it would be worth their while to stick to it through the performance, and he now knew he had made a huge mistake.

Surprisingly, the item that was garnering the most envy by the non-Chorus students wasn't the tablet computer, the headphones, or even the expensive spa package. Instead, the signed copies of the Christmas album seemed to be the hottest item that had been in the gift bag. I was surprised that some of the Chorus members had even brought their copies to school, but I couldn't deny that it seemed to raise them on the social ladder.

I had hoped to spend time this week with Felix and the members of Lazy Acres working on 'Remembered'. The band had finally agreed to work with me, but Jake, the band's drummer, had left town for the holidays with his family. We had agreed to meet and work on the song after the holidays were over, but now I was antsy to complete the song.

The rest of the week was nice and stress-free. After all the work that had been expended on the Christmas Concert, I was actually happy to take a break from Sarah's life. Unlike my Thanksgiving break - when I craved doing something as Sarah - the vacation was very nice. I did put on the wig Wednesday night for an appearance at an event sponsored by the Christmas Elves Foundation, but that was the only time.

On Christmas Eve, my family and I went to Uncle Alex’s and Aunt Charlotte's house. Tracy's parents didn't host many family gatherings at their home, but it was always nice when they did. We exchanged gifts and played some games before it was time to return home for the evening.

When we arrived back at my house I found myself on the couch in Sarah's room with Ethan watching ‘A Christmas Story’. The two of us always watched it together on Christmas Eve, and it was nice that despite everything that had happened this year, we kept our tradition.

The next morning was spent opening presents and spending time together as a family. Christmas has always been a magical day to me, and this year was no different. The presents had changed to match the new person I had become this year, but the magic was still the same. I could care less what I received, but the smiles on the faces of every member of my family as they opened my gifts almost rivaled the way I felt when I prepared to step out on stage.

The following week was almost nostalgic. I spent most of the time hanging out with Emily and Ethan. We did all the things we hadn't had time for recently. We went to the movies, shopped, and even ventured down to Disneyland for a day. That had been a mistake because we weren't prepared for the number of people who were there, but it was still fun.

When I woke up on New Year's Eve, I felt very surreal. This year had been the most incredible year of my life and it was coming to a close. I would always look back on it fondly, but things would be different now. Way different. I was a girl, and the New Year would be the first full year where I knew that fact about myself. It had only been slightly more than six months since my life really started, yet so much had happened that it felt like years had passed.

I continued to ponder on everything that had happened as the day unfolded. I thought about the night when I met Scott for the first time while we were at Johnny's party. I remembered how insistent Emily and Ethan were that I should get up on stage. I remembered how afraid I was to do so. But that one song had changed my life in more ways than I could count. Not only had it put me on the fast track to becoming one of the most popular singers on the charts right now, but it had been the catalyst that led to my decision to get to know my true self for the first time in my life. For that I would be forever grateful to my two friends.

We were having a party at my house tonight to celebrate the New Year. My family and Emily's family would be there. Ethan was coming too, though his family had opted to stay at home. We had a number of fun activities and games planned to keep us occupied until the big moment, but the best part of the evening would be having so many of the people I loved around me as we started anew.

I spent much of the morning helping Mom to get ready. I baked a number of cookies and other desserts, helped to set up tables and chairs in Sarah's room, and even dusted all of the awards and pictures that were on display in there. Dad had decided that Sarah's room, which was one of the bigger rooms in the house, would be a great place for the party.

When everyone started to arrive I greeted them at the door and led them down to the room. Emily's family, other than Anna, had never been in the room and they were quite impressed with all of the awards and memorabilia that decorated the room now.

"It would be nice to meet her one day," Julie, Emily's older sister, said as she walked around the room. Julie was the only member of Emily's family who didn't know the truth. I thought for sure that Emily, her mother, or even Anna would have caved and told her the secret, but now I knew that had never happened. I was amused and delighted, especially because Anna had kept her promise.

"You already have," I replied, which caused Julie's pretty face to contort in confusion.

"I don't understand," Julie said, causing her sisters to laugh.

"Megan IS Sarah Carerra," Emily said.

Julie obviously didn't believe her even though she saw the rest of her family nodding their heads. Then her eyes widened in shock and her jaw dropped open.

There would be more people coming later on who wouldn't know who I was, but for now it was nice to not have the secret between us.

Of course, the first thing I had to do next was play some songs for her. I was happy to do so, and she was thrilled to be included in the secret.

Then we began playing the games and snacking on the food that was available for the party. New Year's Eve was always full of fun at my house. We always had a party celebrating the New Year, and we always had a lot of fun with whoever came. Most years, like this one, it was usually just Emily's family who came. Other years we’d had extended family and even some of Dad's clients here. But no matter who showed up we always made sure they had a good time.

Around 8:00 my band, Sophie, and Holly arrived. I had invited them to join us when I found out they didn't have any plans, and I was happy that they had accepted. They fit right in immediately, and Julie was very happy to meet the guys. Just about every young woman was when they met my band for the first time.

Shortly after 9:00 the rest of the guests arrived separately. Julie's boyfriend, Rob, was the first to show up. I worried that she would accidently tell him my secret since she had so recently learned it herself, but she kept mum about it. Besides, she was spending too much time keeping Rob from seeing her staring at my band mates to worry about slipping up anyway.

The second guy was Ronin. Emily and Ronin had been getting closer and closer since the Autumn Ball, and it was hard not to think of them as boyfriend and girlfriend at this point. I had gotten to know him more, and I had to admit that they made a cute couple.

I half wondered if anyone else was going to have a “significant other” show up, but I was unattached, Austin's latest fling was with her family, and Anna was too young for a serious relationship. Ethan hadn't seemed to be chasing anyone since his failed attempt to date Jane, and I was starting to worry about him.

I looked over at Ethan who was sitting across from me at a card table that had been set up. He was concentrating on the cards he had in his hand for the latest game we were playing, but he looked up. I saw him smile, and I felt my own lips spread as I turned my gaze back to my own hand. If nothing else, he seemed to be having fun.

I played a card onto the pile, and then glanced around the room. Everyone was smiling, and I felt so happy about having so many wonderful people in my life. 'Remembered' was still bouncing around inside my head waiting for its chance to be completed, but I could see the song in every single person around the room.

My family meant so much to me. They were my foundation in life, and I wouldn't be the person I was today without them. Emily and Ethan were part of the same foundation. I could not imagine living without them, and I hoped that day never came. My band had become my second family. They meant just as much to me as the rest of the people in the room, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Ronin was new in my life, but he made Emily smile and that was all that mattered. Even Rob, whom I had not met before tonight, was radiating what I had written the song about, and I was very thankful he was here.

"Are you okay?" someone asked, and I turned to see Ethan looking at me, concerned.

"Yes," I replied, smiling once more. "I am. I was just thinking about how thankful I am for everybody in my life."

He smiled back, and I could tell he wanted to say something, but he didn't. I opened my mouth to ask him what it was, but I was interrupted by the scream of triumph that escaped Ronin.

"Yes!" he screamed while playing his last card onto the table. He sat back with a smug look that caused all of us to laugh. I thought that I'd had a chance to win this round, but seeing the satisfaction on his face made the loss worthwhile.

* * *

"Hurry, Megan!" Ethan called. "It's about to start!"

"I'm coming!" I yelled back and stood up from the table where I was cleaning up one of the games and walked over to where he was perched on the edge of the couch. I stood next to him and watched as the big ball in Times Square started to drop.

"10," everyone around the room echoed what was being said on TV.

I knew that I would always look back fondly on this year. I knew that it had been a vital turning point in my life.

"9," the countdown continued.

I knew that I couldn't have asked for a better year. Not only had I found success as Sarah Carerra, but I had also found Megan in the process. I had found who I truly was, and that was the best gift I could ever ask for.

"8," echoed around the room.

I leaned into Ethan. I was so glad that he was here. I thought I had lost him this past summer, but he had proven to be a real friend. He was someone whom I could always rely on.

"7," the chant continued.

This had been a wonderful year, but it was also only the beginning. There was so much planned for Sarah in the future. I had so much to look forward to.

"6," the gleeful call came from the party guests.

I couldn't wait to release a new album. I couldn't wait to go on tour once again. I couldn't wait to travel the world sharing my music.

"5," the anticipation in the crowd grew.

But I had so much more to look forward to. Sarah was an important part of my life. But Megan was even more important.

"4," tension started to build in the group as we readied ourselves.

I had only just begun to understand who I really was. I had poured my heart and soul into Sarah and her career. And part of me had neglected Megan.

"3," everyone called out.

These last couple of weeks since the Christmas Concert had opened my eyes to what I had been missing. With very few Sarah appointments, I had started to discover Megan once more.

"2," the crowd yelled.

But I vowed here and now that one of my resolutions for the New Year would be to spend more time as Megan. To give Megan the chance to shine. I knew it would be hard, but it was something I had to do.

"1," we all started to rise, anticipating the moment.

Megan was the real me. She was the person who had been there my entire life. Sarah was an integral part of her, but Megan was so much more.

"Happy New Year!" The screams echoed around the room. I cheered just as loudly before looking around the room at all the smiles and happiness. Dad was kissing Mom. Emily's parents were locked in an embrace. Even Julie was tied up with her boyfriend. Ronin and Emily were standing close, almost hugging.

And when I turned back to Ethan he was there. He was right there. I looked up into his eyes, thanking him for being there for me. But he did something more.

He leaned down.

And kissed me.

* * *

End of Sarah Carerra — Book 3: Concerto in A-

* * *

Want more Sarah Carerra?
Book 1: I Am A Rock Star is now available for the Kindle! Click here for more information. Become a fan of Sarah Carerra by joining her on Facebook or Twitter by clicking the buttons below.
Follow SarahCarerra on Twitter   The Official Sarah Carerra Facebook Page

If you've read book 1 I'd love it if you shared your opinions with others. Review the Kindle version at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006IZG49M. :)

* * *

What The Future Holds
I love Sarah Carerra. I love telling her story. This is not the end of Sarah's journey. In fact, this is just the beginning of a whole new world that she is starting to see for the first time. There will be more Sarah Carerra in the future. I have many ideas and desires for Book 4 that I can't wait to work on.

However, it is with a sad heart that I inform you that it may be a while before Sarah's story continues. I made a promise to some family and friends to finish a non-TG book next before I started writing more of Sarah. My focus will now shift to doing that, and I fear that my Sarah time will be limited, though not gone. I will continue to write some of Sarah's story as I work on this other book, but I do not have a time frame for when I will get to post more.

Thank you to everyone that has supported Sarah and me. I hope that the break is short, but I can't promise anything right now. I do have a few other stories and snippets (including a Sarah piece) that I might be able to finish and release in the interim.

Updates and other information about my progress and about Sarah can be found on her Facebook page or on Twitter.

With love,
Megan

up
325 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Happy New Year to you and Sarah

Thank you for another wonderful Sarah book. Best wishes on your next writing endeavor. I look forward to more Sarah, whenever it happens to come along.

Caren

Ethan

About time Ethan let Megan know where he stands, I swear that girl has a thick skull.

Good luck on your side product, is it posted online?

Happy New Year

I hope that 2013 will be a great year for you. Best of luck on your new book, and we're all looking forward to the return of Sarah Carerra.

Red MacDonald

Resolutions to complete the

other story should come first! We can await the return of Sarah Carerra/Brett/Megan Campbell. Just as I am sure that than has overcome a hurdle and is getting sweet on Sarah/Brett/Megan.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thanks for this series

Can you let us know more about your other writings?

WTG Sarah! WTG Megan!

Sarah has found out she is more Megan, than she is Sarah, and that is as it should be!

Megan has found out she is more than just the author of the Sarah Carrera choronicle, and that is as it should be!

We await future installments of Sarah/Brett/Megan and will enjoy them as you are able to give us them. Best of wishes and luck as you begin to honor your commitment to the new project.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

Megan/Sarah's New Year

I so knew what would happen at midnight! ;)
Thanks for this wonderful story, I'm looking forward to the next book!

Martina

Thank you

Greetings

Thank you for the story of Megan/Sarah.

Best wishes to you for the New Year.

Brian

Thanks So Much Megan

This story has been a real pleasure to read so far.

Happy New Year Megan

It is only an hour away on the east coast till new years. Talking about a cliff hanger to end this book and the year.

Kim

There is a metaphore here.

I had so wanted Ethan and Megan to get together! I mean this is just a story, but I am a hopeless romantic, so there! I think that the metaphore is that before we begin to be who we are, we are split, like Megan and Sarah, at some point in time, to be healthy we must combine our two selves. I had to combine Khadijah with Gwen, and I think that Megan and Sarah will be better as one.

Just saying

Gwendolyn

Our Heroine...

...finally figures out what our author has been conveying through her for quite a while.
Really nice work, Megan.

(I wonder where, if anywhere, that's going to take Xander and Sarah.)

Eric

Wonderful!

A wonderful story and I hope you return to it. It's been a really great few years with Sarah. Thank you.

A. Reader

Finally!

It looks as though Ethan's ready to take his relationship with Megan to the proverbial next level - which may mean Xander gets to make a few more appearances :)

I'm sure we can wait for Book 4 to start. In the meantime, who cares if the project you're working on for family / friends isn't TG? This tale's largely moved beyond the TG elementsand I'm sure if you publicise the new book once finished, you'll have a veritable queue of Sarah fans lining up to read it, even if it is a completely different style.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I agree with Finally

This is no longer a tg story but a beautifully written story about
a young lady who has problems she has overcome.

Thank you for all the hard work you must put into each chapter.

Pablo Sands

great story

Renee_Heart2's picture

A predict ending to book 3. Look forward to book 4 when you get it out.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Thank you

For a truly enjoyable story and entertaining series so far. It's been a truly wonderful effort. I understand the way Megan feels having been born with similar issues but in the days before these issues were understood or talked about(even by the medical fraternity) Megan is a remarkable young lady with good friends and family around her. Also, her alter ego has helped develop her confidence in herself. I look forward to the future episodes when your time permits.

What else is out there?

Loved these stories, both Sarah and a Flowers Bloom. I was wondering what else is out there by Megan and where I could find it.

Sorry, to be a language fascist

Angharad's picture

but the expression is, 'Couldn't care less.' The expression used much by Americans, is could care less, which is palpable nonsense in the context in which it is used.

Angharad

Right

But wrong. I've seen this discussed several times, and the general consensus among people skilled in teaching and analyzing the English language in all it's various forms is that either usage is considered acceptable. In this particular case the intended meaning overrides the technical aspects.

After all, most are willing to accept the spurious insertion of the letter "U" in the spelling of certain words by the English, originally introduced in order to "Frenchify" English, trying to make it more acceptable at a time when the French held sway in the cultural world and the English were considered the poor uncouth country cousins.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

So enjoyable

I binge read the entire series. I can definitively state that this 3 book set is very well written, with a depth of character development, dialogue, and plot development that stands out. I highly recommend it to any and all.