Destiny: Legacy of a Spellbinder Part 4

Printer-friendly version
Destiny: Legacy of a Spellbinder

Ragarnok Rising III

by:

Daniela A. Wolfe

The final battle swiftly approaches and it has been given to me to complete a task so monumental that it may be the sole means by which the Jotun can be defeated. All of Midgard and the goddesses themselves depend on me. Am I up to the task, or will I fail and doom the entirety of human existence to total annihilation?

bryn.jpg

0_c.gif

+ - + - + - +

0_c.gif
The following rant is brought to you by the demented mind of Daniela A. Wolfe

Well it's finally here! This is the final story in the Ragnarok Rising trilogy. As such if you haven't read Incompatible or the revised version Transfigured I would recommend doing so before reading any further. This story is the final one in the series and as such it won't make much sense unless you read the first two.

I've posted a glossary of terms (including the days/months and their English equivalents) to go along with these stories, it can be found at Bigcloset Topshelf, Fictionmania, & tgstorytime.

Shout outs go to the following people: Beyogi, Maggie Finson, Loki who served as either alpha and/or beta readers, The Rev. Anam Chara who helped edit some of the dialogue (spoken by the characters Hervor, Heime & Gilda) to more accurately reflect Elizabethan era English and last but certainly not least Holly H Hart for her superb editing prowess.
0_c.gif

+ - + - + - +

0_c.gif
Sunadag, the fifth of Morsugur

When I woke this morning, I really, really had to take a piss. I ran across the hall, flipped the toilet seat open and pulled my pants down only to find that I no longer had the necessary equipment to take a wiz standing up. With an angry grunt, I plopped down on the seat and started to urinate. Peeing felt a little weird, but it wasn't really very different. I did hit a bit of a road block, once I finished I realized I couldn't shake off like I used too. So I grabbed a triangle of toilet cloth and wiped off whatever remained.

I washed my hands and felt my jaw drop at the sight of my reflection. Holy frizzing Hel, I was one fine looking maer! I looked a lot more like Mom than I used to, but I also looked quite a bit like Heime, and even Hervor to a lesser extent. I swallowed hard and touched my face with my long delicate hands. My skin was silky smooth and I let my hand fall away as I studied my reflection more closely.

My hair was pretty long, but it wasn't as long as Mom's. I had a complexion that most girl's would die for, thick pouty lips and startling green eyes. "DAMMIT!" I yelled at the mirror.

I had a pretty good idea of what the rest of my body looked like, but I needed to see the whole picture. I slowly stripped out of my ill-fitting cloths and stared in disbelief at the changes. Yeah, I knew I was a girl. That wasn't really a surprise, but my body was perfect. I had curves in all the right places, I wasn't too skinny, but I wouldn't say I was fat either. My breasts seemed to weigh a ton, but when I looked at them in the mirror, while they looked large, they seemed to complement my form perfectly.

I shuddered, quickly redressed, and reached out to touch my face. "I'm a stranger in my own fucking body," I muttered, staring at my reflection for a moment, then left the bathroom. I nearly ran into Leif as I exited.

"Holy Frigg, Neil?"

Damn, I was shorter than him! I looked up into his face and couldn't help but feel a bit intimidating by his size. He was a good five-inches taller than me and he had packed on quite a lot of muscle in the last few years.

"Shit venn, you scared the frizz out of me! What are doing here?" I demanded.

Leif scowled, "You don't think I could go back home after what I told your mom, do you?"

"No, I guess not," I said. "I'm starved want to grab some breakfast?"

"Uh, you sure you should be out of bed?" he said staring at breasts.

"I'm feeling much better now," I said feeling my cheek turn red. Goddesses, why did he have to look at me like that!

"Okay, yeah I guess you would be. You're… I mean… Shit you're finished changing now. Aren't you?"

I frowned, "Yeah."

"Okay," he said with an awkward smile on his face. "Well I got to take a leak. I guess I'll see you down in the dining hall then."

"Yeah, I guess you will," I muttered feeling a surge of jealousy as I turned away. Even the simple act of urinating had become a foreign experience to me and I would have done almost anything to trade places with Leif at that moment.
0_c.gif

+ - + - + - +

0_c.gif
Mom was nursing a cup of yerba mate and Daniella was munching on a piece of chicken when I appeared in the dining hall. "Neil!" Mom said with her eyes wide. "Goddesses, is it done then?"

I nodded and Mom and Daniella both gave me sympathetic looks.

"We didn't expect you up this early," Daniella said with a tired look on her face.

"Yeah, well I had to take a piss," I said irritably.

Mom smiled and let out a slight chuckle. Then her face turned suddenly serious. "As much as I hate to push you, we don't have much choice. I'd like to give you a few more days rest, but we don't have that luxury. We'll be meeting before the Seidskati tonight."

"Tonight?" I said. "Like this?" I said motioning down angrily at my breasts.

Mom sighed, "We need to get you some new clothes. It won't due to have you appear in front of the council looking like a slob."

Clothes? Shit! I hadn't even thought that. I gulped, "We're going to the mall then?"

"Not exactly," Daniella said. "Too many people. There are a few shops on the east side of town that should do for our purposes."

Mom nodded, "As loath as I am to have you leave the estates with everything that is going on you need clothes. I'd have a seamstress come over and take your measurements, but we need something for you to wear tonight. You, Eva and Leif."

"Eva too?" I asked. "What possible reason would you have for her speak to the Seidskati?"

"She's Vattir, Neil, she can act as an ambassador," Daniella said.

"Ambassador? She doesn't even have a people!"

Mom shook her head, "That might actually play to our advantage. You've heard of the exiled elf tribes?"

"Yeah, they're supposed to have some sort of self-imposed exile aren't they?" I asked.

Mom nodded, "I don't fully understand the reasoning, but they disagree with the Lejosá¡lfar on a number of philosophical matters and refuse to live among them. The light elves are just as glad to be rid of them, as they've intermingled with lesser vattir like the fairies."

"So you're hoping since Eva is unbound that they'll listen to her?"

"More or less, I've sent several requests to some of the bigger tribes for a meeting and none of them will have anything to do with me. They don't trust humans, I'm hoping that they will feel differently about an elf." Mother said.

"Morning," Leif's familiar voice said brightly. I turned to face him and felt my cheeks burn as his eyes seemed to linger on my breasts once again. What the Hel was wrong with him? Yeah my new body was freaking hot, but it was still me inside!

"Would you cut that out," I snapped angrily. "My eyes are up here, you know."

Leif's cheeks turned red, "I wasn't, uh, I mean I didn't mean to. I mean, look at you!"

Mom snorted, "It's not all his fault."

"You mean this aura business? Eva already told me about it," I said folding my arms across my chest and dropping them almost as quickly. It was weird feeling those bulges on my chest.

Mother nodded, "Get some breakfast in you and go take a shower. I want to get everything taken care of as early as possible."

"Uh? Take care of what?" Leif asked.

"Neil will fill you in. Daniella and I have some things to discuss," Mom said before standing and leaving the room with Daniella in tow.

I quickly told Leif what was going on and the room fell silent as we ate quietly.

"So what's it like?" Leif said suddenly. "Being a girl, I mean."

"So far it sucks, and it's weird, too, but I haven't been one long enough to tell you much."

"Well, at least if you're going to be a girl you get to be a hot one."

"What? That is absolutely no consolation whatsoever."

"Not to you maybe," a soft feminine voice chuckled from the doorway. "But it is to me."

Eva walked over and kissed me deeply on the lips. "Your transformation is finished?"

"Venn, that is so hot!" Leif said looking from me to Eva.

"As near as I can tell. Everything looks complete," I said casting an irritated glance at Leif then kissed Eva back. I felt my heart rate quicken and I suppressed the urge to start undressing Eva. At least I knew I still liked girls.

"Frizz," Leif said. "Two hot maers kissing. Frigg and Hel!"

Eva laughed, "Humans are so strange."

"Yeah, well Leif's weirder than most," I muttered irritably before sinking my teeth into a piece of chicken.
0_c.gif

+ - + - + - +

0_c.gif
Breakfast was… awkward to say the least especially after my father showed up and told me I looked as beautiful as my mother. Leif kept staring at me and I felt like I was piece of meat he was trying to decide whether he might eat. This actually seemed to piss Heime off, who kept staring at Leif as if considering whether he should rip out his heart. It was humiliating, and I wished things would got back to the way they had been before. I might look like a girl now, but I sure as Frigg didn't feel like one. Why couldn't Leif see that? As for Heime, I wasn't sure what to think of that. The guy had just appeared, and I wasn't even sure I liked having him around let alone playing the part of the over-protective parent.

When I was done eating I got out of there as quickly as I could. Gramor grabbed me shortly after that and led me into the bathroom. "Your mother tells me that you'll be going out shopping today. What are you planning to wear?"

"I hadn't really thought about it. I guess some of my old clothes at least until I can get something that fits," I said.

"That is not going to happen," she said with a shake of her head. "Your old clothes will hang on you. I'll see if I can find something to fit you in Daniella and your mother's things. Get in the shower and I'll bring what I find in for you."

Once she was gone, I pulled my shirt off and tried to ignore the unwelcome guests on my chest. I sighed and started to pull off the pair of shorts that were hanging loosely around my hips when the door suddenly swung wide open. I quickly pulled the shorts back up, and stared into the doorway.

It was Leif. "Frizz, I didn't know you were in here," he said with wide eyes staring fixedly at my bare breasts.

I could feel my cheeks burn and I quickly covered my breasts with one of my arms. Goddesses, what the Hel did he think he was doing just walking into a bathroom when the door was closed? Idiot! My embarrassment turned to anger and I felt my free hand ball up into a first and I just sort of reacted. I hit him in the face as hard as I could which happened to be much harder than I would have expected. Nevertheless, my hand felt like I'd hit a brick wall and Leif staggered backwards quite a way.

"What the Hel did you do that for?!" he asked with a loud gasp and cupped his hands over his nose.

"Get out!" I yelled.

"I didn't mean to–"

"GET OUT!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Leif stumbled back through the doorway and I slammed the door in his face. I sank to my knees and gasped. A few tears fell down my face, but I forced them away. Goddesses, why did I feel so vulnerable? I wanted to cry and keep on crying, but I wouldn't let myself. I wouldn't give in. Damn my frizzing hand hurt.

A few more minutes passed by and the door swung open again. "Dammit Leif! I told you to–" I growled and stopped mid-sentence as I realized it was Gramor who had opened the door. She held a stack of clothes in her arms which she dropped on the counter .

"What's happened?" she asked folding her arms across her chest.

"Uh, I don't want to talk about it," I replied quietly.

Gramor gave me that look that all women seemed to have mastered and I squirmed under her scrutiny. "Fine!" I said finally. "Leif walked in on me naked. You happy?!"

"That explains why he was running down the hall with a hand clasped over his nose," she said with a faint smile on her face. "I ran into him on my way back," she added in explanation

"Shit," I muttered. "I probably shouldn't have punched him, but who the crenking Hel walks into a bathroom when the door is closed? Damn my hands hurts."

"I think any girl would have done the same in your place," my grandmother said dryly. "Let's take a look at that hand.

"I'm not a girl!" I protested before giving her my hand.

There was a weird tickling sensation then slowly over the next ten minutes the pain in my hand seemed to fade until it was almost completely gone.

"You may not see yourself as a girl, but like it or not the world isn't going to agree. You managed to fracture one of the bones in your hand. If it had been much worse I wouldn't have been able to heal it. It might be a little stiff for a few days, but other than that it should be fine."

"Thanks," I said rubbing at my hand thoughtfully.

"Get in the shower. I need to see to that fool boy."

I nodded and stepped into the shower once she had left. I cranked the slider up to a ridiculously hot level and slammed the button on the wall and sighed in relief as boiling hot water rained down on me from the showerhead in the ceiling. Mom and Daniella thought I was nuts but I liked my showers really hot, I found it invigorating.

As great as the shower felt, I wanted to keep it short. The hot water against my breasts felt amazing, but only helped to remind me of how much my body had changed. I soaped my body up and tried my best to ignore the vulva between my legs and the breasts on my chest.

"Hey," Eva said as the shower door slid open and closed behind her.

"What's this?" I said unable to keep myself from smiling at her.

Eva shrugged, "I thought it would be more enjoyable if we showered together."

"Is the water too hot? I can turn it down," I said.

"It is perfect," she said with a smile then kissed me. "We elves have a much better tolerance for heat than humans."

Maybe my love of hot showers was more unusual than I had always thought. In fact I was sure of it. How many of my other habits had been effected by my elven side? I shuddered and put the thoughts out of my head. I would have to mull them over another time.

Eva reached over and began to soap my bare breasts. I had been so caught up in my thoughts that I hadn't even realized what she was doing until her hands were inches from my chest. I didn't tell her that I had already cleaned everything. Her hands softly brushed my breasts and there was a slow sensuality to her movement as she cleaned me. It was felt amazing and I hoped she would never stop.

Oh Norns, I was so freaking turned on. My nipples hardened on my chest and reached out to Eva and kissed her. I held her close and started to slowly massage her breasts. We got a little carried away after that and we didn't quite go all the way, but we came pretty damn close. If it wasn't for Gramor's return, we probably would have.

"What's going on in there?" Gramor said through the shower door.

I tried to answer, to tell my grandmother a quick lie, but every time I tried I couldn't speak. "Shit! I can't lie!" I said finally.

"We decided to share the shower," Eva said. It wasn't a lie precisely, but it wasn't the whole truth.

"Uh, huh," Gramor said. "That's not all that is going on is it?"

To my shock I found myself answering her, "No."

"Goddesses you're worse than your mother," she said with a chuckle. "The first time she took a shower after her change I found her fingering herself."

"Gramor!" I protested. "I really didn't need to know that!"

"Just be glad it was me that found you, and not your mother or Daniella," she teased.

My grandmother's interruption was a real mood-killer and it really didn't take us long to finish washing up. We both got dressed and just when I thought we were all done I learned that I couldn't have been more wrong.

To cut things a bit short, Gramor that she wanted to teach me about the my new anatomy and Eva piped in and mentioned that there were some minor differences between humans and elves that I should probably be aware of. So I got a lecture on a whole plethora of things ranging from how to proper clean my new privates, proper hair care and (yay!) periods.

Apparently, elves are much slower to reproduce than humans and have periods much more infrequently. Of course, since I was a half-elf, neither seemed sure exactly how I might be affected. I knew women had periods, but I hadn't even really thought about having one myself. Frizz, what else would I have to look forward too?
0_c.gif

+ - + - + - +

0_c.gif
"Seidkona! I am honored," the middle-aged brunette woman said with a deep curtsy upon seeing my mother. Clearly, she recognized Mom, which was not very surprising since she was probably the most recognizable member of the Seidskati, especially in the New Copenhagen area.

Mom smiled politely, but I could tell she was irritated. She hated it when people groveled. "Please, that will not be necessary. Treat me as you would any other customer."

The woman's eyes widened, "Yes of course. Can I help the Lady Aryanna find anything?"

"Claire is it?" Mom said glancing at the woman's name badge with a strained smile. "My daughter here needs a bra fitting."

Claire gave Mom a startled expression, then her eyes fell on me. "My goodness," she said. "You are very lovely."

I felt my cheeks burn in humiliation. 'I'm a guy, damn you!' I cursed inwardly.

"Thanks," I said between gritted teeth.

"If you will follow me, please," she said with another curtsy and led Mom, Eva and me through the many racks of clothes and stopped just shy of a dressing room at the back of the store.

"I wouldn't expect a girl your age to need a fitting. Why you have to be … you're seventeen at least?"

"Eighteen," I corrected.

"Goodness, in another year you'll be of age. Yes, much too old to need a fitting," Clara said giving Mom a funny look.

Mom forced a smile, "Children, huh? Just when you think they stop growing, they grow a little more."

"Yes, yes of course," the clerk said. "What's you're name dear?"

I stared at the woman, and felt a brief panic settle over me. Should I tell her my real name or make up a female name? "N- uh," I mumbled. Oh, Frizz I couldn't lie! Damn Hervor for awakening my elven side!

"I'm sorry what was that dear?"

"Nyla," Mom said with a look of disinterest on her face. "Her name is Nyla."

"Nyla!" the woman said with a smile. "Very unusual, pretty, but unusual. Dear, why don't you step into the fitting room and we'll have a look."

I stared at the clerk with my mouth hanging open and looked back to Mom and Eva.

"Don't worry dear. If you like, your mother or your friend can come in with you."

"Eva," I said almost immediately.

Eva smiled and followed the woman and me into the dressing room. "Well dear, if you could undress."

"Undress?" I asked. "Why?"

"Well, you can't expect me to take accurate measurements through your blouse. Now can you?" Claire chuckled.

"I… uh guess not," I said with a grimace and began unbuttoning my shirt.

"My goodness," Clair said with obvious envy in her eyes once my shirt was removed. "I'm sure the boys are just lining up. With a figure like that you must be a popular girl."

"Oh, yes. I'm sure she would be very popular," Eva said with an amused grin. Norns! Eva's sense of humor could be so weird sometimes.

"You know it's strange. I never heard that Lady Aryanna had a daughter," Clair said.

"Uh, yeah," I muttered. "Weird huh?"

Clair smiled with a knowing expression as she took my measurements. Her hands were cold and the whole ordeal was uncomfortable to say the least.

"In fact I remember when your brother was born it was all over the news," she continued eying me with a smirk on her face. "There was a lot of speculation about who the father was. Nobody seemed to know. In fact, if I recall correctly he should be eighteen about now."

Frizzing Hel! The woman was no idiot. How much did she suspect?

"I'll be right back with a couple bras for you to try out," she said with another damned smile and slipped out the door.

"Mom," I said through the door once a few minutes later once I thought Clara would be far enough away. "Did you hear that?"

"Yes," Mom said. "Don't speak of it further and make sure you don't say anything that might give you away. "

"Yeah about that… I have a bit of a problem," I muttered quietly.

"Oh?" Mom asked through the door.

"Uh, I can't lie," I said.

I heard Mom mutter several curses under her breathe, "That could be an issue. I should have expected something like this with Hervor awakening your elven side. Just do your best."

"Okay." I muttered. "Is it just me or is it a little cold in here?"

Eva took a look at my chest and smiled mischievously and ran her finger across one of my nipples. "Oh, I'd say it's very chilly in here."

I felt a cold shiver run through my body and I looked down at my breasts. "Shit, why are they doing that?"

Eva laughed then leaned in and kissed me, "They do that when it gets cold. Maybe I'll show you another way to make them do it later on."

"Sorry to interrupt, but I have some bras for you to try on," Claire said suddenly. She must have come in while we were kissing and we just hadn't noticed her. There was a look of disapproval on her face, but it was quickly covered by an obviously false smile.

"Okay," I said grabbing a white bra from her hand. I fumbled with the damn thing for several minutes, but couldn't figure out how to get it on.

Claire gave me another disapproving frown which was replaced by a knowing smile. "You've never done this before have you?"

Shit! Shit shit shit shit! How the hel am I supposed to answer that question and not give myself away? "Uh…" I muttered trailing off.

"Here, let me help you with it," Claire offered with a knowing smile.

She took the bra out of my hands and slipped the straps over my head, made a few adjustments then snapped several buttons together just under and behind either of my arm pits.

"There how does that feel?"

"Well I guess it feels good," I muttered. I didn't know how the damn thing was supposed to fit, and although it felt very odd, it felt sort of good too. I did notice my breasts didn't seems as bouncy as they had before.

Clara seemed pretty insistent that I try on several different types of bras. I wasn't sure what they were all for, well except maybe the exercise bra, but Clara seemed to think they were needed. After a little bit of argument I relented and tried everything on she put in front of me.

After everything was said and done Mom chimed in and decided I needed to get a few packs of panties, an exercise bra, a form fitting one which she said I might need for tonight and a weeks worth of 'regular' bras in white, black and 'nude'. My size varied from style to style, but all the regular type bras were size 7-áž. Mom even got Eva a couple pair.

After that Mom excused Clair and took me aside. "Mom, I think she knows who I am."

"I overheard everything, Nyla," Mom said using the false name she had given me.

"That's not my name!" I growled.

"It will do for now. If you wish to chose another name later on you can do so, but that's not important right now," Mom said.

"Yeah, well what are we going to do?"

"It's my own fault. I shouldn't have said you were my daughter," Mom replied. "We'll buy these things and get the rest of your clothes somewhere else."

"What about Leif and Daniella?" I asked.

"Daniella knows what to do if the worst should happen, don't worry."

I nodded and we went through the line at the purchase ringer. The woman at the counter picked up the items and placed them on a glass circle. A yellow light shot out from a glass circle in the counter and encompassed all the items then faded into nothingness. "That will be seven gold trigguts and five silver bolas."

Mom paid the woman and we quickly made for the doors, but we both stopped just shy of the doors when we saw what was waiting for us outside.

"Damn! Reporters!" Mom said cursing under her breathe.

"You think that Claire woman called them?" I asked.

Mom shook her head, "It's possible, but she would have had to call them when we first got here for them to have arrived so quickly."

"What do we do?" I asked.

"This," Mom said taking hold of me and Eva. Suddenly the ground lurched out from under me and a huge gust of wind shot into my chest and we went hurling through the void.
0_c.gif

+ - + - + - +

0_c.gif
"Frizz," I muttered as we reappeared in a busy street.

"Where are we?" Eva muttered after looking around and seeing the tall skyscrapers all around us.

"New Jorvá­k," Mom said casually.

"New Jorvá­k?" I asked in disbelief. "That's clear on the other side of the country! Why on Midgard did you bring us here?"

"People here keep to themselves, they mind their own business, and right now that's exactly what we need."

"Yeah, but New Jorvá­k!" I said.

Mother shook her head, "Come on."

As we walked through the street I couldn't help but notice all the looks I was getting. Men, and an unusual number of woman looked at me with barely disguised lust on their faces. It was pretty creepy and I did my best to ignore them as I passed them by.

Finally, after walking a few city blocks we stopped in front of a store that Mom thought would fit our needs. Eva had a look of amazement on her face as we entered, but I'd seen places like these before. Of course, I usually avoided them like the plague. It was just the sort of place that catered to rich Spellbinders.

"Hello," a black-haired beauty said with a disapproving glare as we approached. "May I help you?"

"Yes, I need these girls fitted for dresses," Mother said with a slight flick of her wrists.

"Might I suggest you try MacFrugal's on Farsk Street? They might be more in your price range," the woman said with her nose upturned.

I glanced at Mom and understood almost immediately why the woman was behaving the way she was. I was so accustomed to Mom dressing the way she did that I never even thought about it, but her slacks and plain button up shirt didn't exactly scream rich spellbinder. Slacks weren't very fashionable, and few women would be caught dead wearing them, especially not the head of a prominent Spellbinder house.

Mom's demeanor suddenly changed and she took on an air of arrogance. I might have been shocked, if I hadn't seen her do it before. It was all an act of course, but the woman didn't appear to realize that as a look of uncertainty appeared on her face.

"You will refer to me, as Lady Le Fey, child," Mother said with a cold glare. "Is this how you treat a member of the Seidskati? As if she were an inconsequential nobody?"

The woman's eyes widened and her face seemed to pale. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize. Please come inside. I would be glad to help you with whatever you need."

"I think not!" Mother said with mock indignation. "Find me someone who can afford me the sort of respect is due a person of my status. And hurry, or I might take my business elsewhere!"

"Yes, of course, Lady Le Fey!" the woman said, and I couldn't help but laugh as she scurried out of sight.

"Lady Le Fey!" a new woman said with a deep curtsy. "I am Annelise. I apologize, Lady, for Sherrie's behavior."

"It is no consequence," Mom said looking as if she were very bored.

"How may I help you Lady," she said with a relieved smile.

"As I told that foolish child. I need these girls fitted for two formal dresses each," Mother said.

I masked my surprise. Two dresses? Why did I need two dresses? Frigg, if I had my way I wouldn't even get one of the damn things!

"As you wish," she said curtsying again. "Now girls, if you would please follow me we will see what we can do."

Eva and I followed Annelise through the store and stopped just short of a row of dresses. Mom gradually made her way over.

"That will do for now, child."

Annelise scurried away and Mom and I burst into laughter.

"I don't understand," Eva said. "Why were you behaving that way?"

Mom smiled, "Because it's the way they expect a Spellbinder to behave."

"Humans, are so strange," she said with a shake of her head.

"You know maybe I shouldn't have sent that woman off. I have a horrible eye for style," Mom said casting a sidelong glance back to where the woman had disappeared. "I'll go get her. Act like you're looking at the dresses."

We did as Mom suggested and started looking through the racks.

"How may I help?" Annelise said, reappearing behind Mom.

"These dresses are absolutely deplorable! Clearly your reputation as a fine dress maker is exaggerated," Mother said.

"Well I am sorry our selection is not to your satisfaction, my Lady. Perhaps I could make some recommendations."

"Very well."

Annelise went through several racks and pulled out a dress. "I'm sorry dear I didn't catch your name," she said looking at me.

"Call me…" I muttered before either Eva or Mom could speak up. After a brief hesitation, I blurted out the first feminine name I could think of, which happened to be "Bryn". It was short for Brynhilde, the name of the first girl I had kissed. I wanted to take it back as soon as it had left my lips, but it was already too late for that.

"Well Bryn, how do you like this dress?" She said with a nervous smile and pulled out a cream colored dress from the rack.

"That might do," Mother said with apparent disinterest.

After several trips to the dressing rooms Eva and I each had two dresses picked out. Or should I say Annelise had picked them out for us. Eva seemed just as lost as I was when it came to the dresses, but that really didn't surprise me. Dark elves made everything they used by hand, and were completely self-sufficient. They did not live lavishly and wore plain clothing in the rare instances that they wore any at all.

I wasn't exactly thrilled about wearing a dress, but I knew that Mom's meeting with the Seidskati was pretty damned important. In order to make things go along without a hitch I had to play the Seidskati's damn game, and if that meant wearing a frizzing dress, then by the many names of Frigg, I'd wear the stupid thing. When everything was said and done I'd cram that stupid dress up their asses and be done with the whole lot of them.

Just when I thought we were all finished they brought in the seamstress who happened to be a pretty talented wind mage. She had Eva and me put on each of the dresses and then with a number of complicated gestures she called up her magic and unleashed it on each article of clothing. Threads flew through the air around us, small pieces of cloth was sliced away with a well aimed gust of wind here and there. It took surprisingly little time, but when she was finished both dresses were a perfect fit.

Finally, we were done and Mom paid the bill, which ended up being seventy-eight gold trigguts and twelve silver bolas. She took us back home and there was another surprise waiting for me once we had arrived, a frizzing haircut.

I was dead-serious when I asked stylist to shave it all off, but Eva protested so strongly that I quickly relented. My hair was a tangled mess. I had horrible split ends and the stylist just wanted to trim it up a bit. Eva's protestations kept me from getting it cut too short, but we finally managed a compromise. My hair got cut down just an inch past chin length into what the stylist refereed to as a shaggy bob.

Once, Mom had paid the stylist I turned to Eva and scowled. "How do you put up with all this hair in your face?"

"You get used to it," she muttered with an amused grin.

The hairstyle was extremely feminine, but I had to admit that it really looked good with my new face. Really, it wouldn't have mattered what sort of haircut I might have gotten, as there was no disguising the fact that I was female. I couldn't hide it, not with a body and face like mine. I was beautiful and there was no way around that. Goddesses I hate looking like this! I hate beginning female, I hate seeing the face of a stranger in the mirror and I hate peeing sitting down! I just want to be a frizzing guy again!

0_c.gifcont.png0_c.gif

Comments, no matter how short, are very much appreciated. If you liked this story please take a minute to leave a review. Criticism is welcome, but only when presented in a constructive and positive manner.

up
83 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hair in the face

Elsbeth's picture

like Eva, Holy fritzen hel, funny. good chapter.

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Thanks

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Glad you liked it.


Have delightfully devious day,

So

It's shopping trip time! This sort of scene has been done so many times but it is fun to see different and humorous takes on it. I like it where you point out Mom is still rather tomboyish in her personal style and is rather lost picking out dresses. More fun to see Eva has her own culture shock issues, so all three are clueless.

At first I thought Leif's attitude was over done, but after he got punched, it made sense he wasn't used to sharing a bathroom with women. I take it Mom and Daniella have their own facilities.

The good news about this Eva is completely obvious to the change seeing only the person. Her stepping into the shower with Neil was both funny and heartwarming. You just gotta love them elves! :)

I would love to hear granny giving Leif the new rules of the house.

hugs
Grover

You know its funny

Daniela Wolfe's picture

You know its funny I generally skim through shopping scenes because I don't really care for them, but for some reason they keep finding their ways into my stories.

Leif is your typical clueless teenage boy. Yes, Daniella and Aryanna would have their own restrooms. Of course, I imagined the estates as being quite large so there would be quite a few restrooms.

Eva has a unique perspective and was one of my favorite characters to write. Originally intended for her to have a much more bouncy fun-loving personality, but that all changed when I changed her backstory.

Your comments, as always, are appreciated, grover.

D.A.W.


Have delightfully devious day,

From a line if a pretty famous movie...

"This is going to take a lot of work."

Neil is, as has been said, pretty clueless here. Or should I just start calling her Bryn now and get it over with? She is also uncomfortable, pissed off, and so confused about things it's priceless. Especially the part about being unable to lie.

Worse, shes beyond attractive for a girl and is someone both men and women could, would, and do lust after.

Gotta feel for the poor kid here.

Maggie

Nah, not really.

Makes the story more intersting this way! (jk :P )

D.A.W.... I love it. I can't think of anything more than that, save to say it again. I love it.

Peace be with you and Blessed be

I'm glad

Daniela Wolfe's picture

I'm glad you're enjoying it ^_^


Have delightfully devious day,

Poor Brynhilde

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Poor Brynhilde has it pretty rough, and it's not going to get any easier. The lying thing alone would drive most folks up the wall. There are so many little things we lie about every day without realizing it. I kept having to fix the dialogue because I realized some of the things I had Bryn say were technically lies.

And again thanks for the comment

D.A.W.


Have delightfully devious day,

This is actually one of the

This is actually one of the things I like most about this story. DAW managed to make most out of the format and size, to squeeze every little embarrassment and gender torture out of the protagonist, while keeping it realistic and not too angsty.

Leif really put his foot in his mouth, or maybe his eyes here, but I guess I wouldn't have reacted differently that age if a friend of mine had suddenly turned into the hottest girl of the world :D. Daw, I really like how you manage to give your characters little flaws without judging them for it. I've seen too many authors giving their characters flaws, but then use the storyline to be judgmental about it. Or maybe I've read too many fanfics :D

Anyway, thank you for writing this captivating story, the final is even better than the beta,

Beyogi

Having technical difficulties

Daniela Wolfe's picture

What can I say? I think I'm a bit of a sadist the way I've tortured poor Bryn.

Well, Leif is a teenager. Which pretty well says it all, doesn't it? I just tell the story and let the readers make their own judgments.

Well, you have a lot of responsibility in helping me fine tune things. Loki and Maggie were a lot of help too. Of course, The Rev. Anam Chara and Holly were particularly helpful on the editing side of things.

Thanks again for the comment, Beyogi.


Have delightfully devious day,

WOW!

I have to agree with Loki- awesome story

Thank you

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Thank you for reading and especially for commenting ;)


Have delightfully devious day,

So glad to see this story continued at long last!

D.A.W. when I saw that you had started posting the third and final part of your Ragarok/Spellbinder series, I had to go back and reread the first two parts of the trilogy to refresh my memory of the events leading up to part three. I’m glad I did, as I would have otherwise missed reading the revised version of part two. I’m really enjoying your story and look forward to reading the final chapters as you post them.

One thing that I’m wondering about in chapter two was when Queen Hervor suggested that Neil take advantage of last night as a male and he and Eva did end up doing just that, would it be safe to assume that Eva is now with child? It seems to me that Queen Hervor is working on creating a mixed human and elfin bloodline, combining the best aspects of both human and elfin magical abilities and attributes. I can see the possibilities for some intriguing stories based on that.

Keep up the great writing D.A.W.

Hugs
Tamara Jeanne

It's possible

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Well, thank you for reading and most especially for commenting.

Hmmm... possibly. Let's just say Hervor's motivations will become very clear by the end of the story. ;)


Have delightfully devious day,

Destiny: Legacy of a Spellbinder

Like the picture change...liking the story

++++++++++++
Cartman: A fine day of plundering we had boys. What about yourselves? Here you are lads, plenty of booty to go around. A round of grog for me boys. A round of grog for everyone!

Thanks...

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Thanks... Maggie was rather instrumental in the image change. I picked the image out, but she was the one that showed me where to find it. I actually had to change the girl in the picture's hair color from black to auburn. All I can say is thank goodness for photoshop.


Have delightfully devious day,

Nyla,s Destiny seems to be

Nyla,s Destiny seems to be going forward as a Spellbinder. But what of her human/Elf Legacy? How will she affect Ragarnok?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

It's Bryn

Daniela Wolfe's picture

It's actually Bryn now. Nyla is what her mother called her, but later at the second store she chooses the name Bryn(hilde). As far as the path her destiny is taking. Let's say that it's going to take a few twists and turns along the way. ;)


Have delightfully devious day,