Belle of the ball 19

Printer-friendly version

I can't believe he said that.

"Hi girls?" I said as I pushed Sammi towards the kitchen.

"Told you." was all Sammi said.

"But.."

"Here peel the potatoes." Sammi may not be able to move around much yet but she is still the same old bossy big sister. I started to peel the potatoes that mom had left out on the fridge shelf while Sammi was busy putting the spices mom left out on the counter into the chicken. Well it looks like a chicken..sort of. It's brown instead of white but it's shaped like one. There is even bamboo bones in it for the legs.

Being a vegetarian has its drawbacks. There is this store that mom and dad buy groceries from with these premade meal things. Like the steak from last night that is beef flavored or the chicken that is chicken flavored. While not real meat it tastes like it. Supposedly healthy too according to dad.

Mom grew up in a household with meat as a main staple and by the time she met dad had grown really sick of meat. Something about a pet cow or something. Dad on the other hand grew up in a household were veggies were a main staple and meat was a treat because of Granny Thornes Diabetes. Grandpa Thorne died in the early days of the Gulf war and raised Dad and my 2 aunts by herself. Not that they needed much as all of them were teens at the time. Still the meals became largely out of the expanded garden in the back of their house. We also have a small garden, dead now, which is where our potatoes are from. There is also a box of tomatoes to be canned yet. I check the box for any that are ripe enough to use and grab two. Most of the rest are starting to get red instead of green. I also grab some cabbage, green pepper, red pepper, and turnip which I will use with the lettuce in the fridge to make a small salad.

Sammi is busy stuffing bread and bits of spices into the chicken that is wedged against the cupboard. I know she could be faster at it but with only one arm she is doing a good job anyways. Sam mostly tells me what to do as I go about getting stuff. She chops up the veggies for the garden salad with the chopper. It's supposed to be for onions but works on other veggies as well. After we finish getting the supper ready and in the oven Mom comes in from the front as she just got home from work. She puts her seal of approval on everything we did. Which is kisses on cheeks. Dad is pretty much banned from cooking anything in the kitchen after the pot incident. I do not know exactly how but one of mom's antique pots is used as a flower pot because of dad.

While supper is cooking mom helps us clean up. Sam gets to put the lower dishes away while I dry. Not a big deal and doesn't take long. It does however give me a chance to ask mom something that is bothering me.

"Mom when do we find out about my breasts?" She momentarily stops washing before she starts again.

"I tried to call the doctor today but couldn't get through to him. Your next appointment was supposed to be Thursday but I got it changed to tomorrow night. We may not get a lot of time with him as it's after hours for him tomorrow." she paused for a bit" so how was your day at school?"

"Not bad same old same old." Please don't say anything Sammi.

"Belle got asked out by Jason again mom." Doh! Thanks a lot Sammi.

"Belle? But I thought you were at school as" then she looked at me head to toe. What?" I see... So Belle is there something you should tell me?"

"It was nothing mom. He is just being a pest. I can take care of it." shut up Sam!

"You know Belle if you like boys I... We would still love you... Boy or girl your still our daughter. I mean child!" oh this is just getting better and better.

"I'm Bill your son mom! It's just that with the skirt on today Jason saw me as Belle and he asked if I had thought over our date."See not my fault.

"Skirt? What skirt? Young lady if you don't tell me the whole story right now I swear.."

"It wasn't my fault I was helping Darma in class by modeling her skirt so she could fix the hem while my pants dried so I could fix them and then the fire alarm went off and I froze in the skirt before the firemen came. I wasn't trying to be Belle it just happened."

"Your pants? What was wrong with your pants?"

"Well I kinda split the crotch rescuing my bag from the trunk of the car as you drove off."

"Your bag? What was your bag.. nevermind. So you were wearing a skirt because your pants had split and your teacher was mending them?"

"No mom I fixed them she just helped me do it. The skirt was while my pants were in the dryer as the butt got a little wet."

"I see so your saying you were not trying to dress as a girl behind my back at school?"

"What no mom! It just happened I didn't want to do it!"

"I .. it's just... lately Bill...you seem to end up as Belle a lot even though you say your Bill. It's hard to understand or believe. I .. uhmm .. do you two have homework?"

"Well yes but.."

"Fine! Lets finish here and you two can go get started. I .. Your father and I.. need to discuss things." We finished the dishes fairly quickly and it would be awhile before supper was ready so Sam and I went into the living room to do our homework. Dad looked up and saw mom. Somehow they communicated without speaking and he put aside his papers, in a neat pile so we wouldn't disturb them, and took her outside. They were going to sit in the back of the car for their discussion. What I wouldn't give to overhear it!

--SEPARATOR--

I was sitting there doing the bills my bi monthly duty when the kids came into the living room with their books. Poor Samantha it hurts to see her in that wheelchair. What I wouldn't give to get her out of it. Then there is Bill. That kid I hope Doc Brown can figure out what is happening with the poor kid. Everytime I see him lately he looks more and more like a girl. I can see it tearing him apart but again, like with Samantha, I'm powerless to do anything. This is something he really has to overcome himself. He has a good head on his shoulders if he would just use it correctly.

What alerted me I couldn't say but one look at Sally and I knew she was barely holding it together. Gods she is so beautiful even now after all this time together it still amazes me that of all the men she chose me. I put my papers together even though in today's computer age there was rarely mistakes "It always pays to check" my da used to say. Hate to say it but the old bugger was right. I know its antiquated to use his old calculator but it gives me that little piece of him when I do it. I followed Sally out to the car and with a grin got into the back with her. Oh the memories I'll never tell the kids about.

The door was barely closed behind me with Sally leaped into my arms and started sobbing with powerful shakes. I didn't yet know what this was about but I was sure I would need a change of shirt afterwards.

"Oh Dan!" I put my arm around her and held her as she cried. "I'm such a horrible mother!" Oh oh bad sign. I just gave a hmmm noise for her to continue.

"I'm trying to be there for Bill and Samantha but it's just so hard. I can almost see our son disappearing and being replaced by this daughter I never knew I had. And she is so beautiful and this is our son and and ..ohhh" and here comes more tears. So its that old ghost again.

I remember the first time I saw Sally following her mother around like a good daughter of a proper Mennonite family. She was beautiful even without any makeup. It hurt to see her folding into herself to be what they wanted her to be.

"Do you remember our first time in the back seat of your dad's Pontiac?"

"Gods yes! I was horrible in that mini skirt and low cut tank top. The heels I must have tripped over a dozen times! And the makeup I should have never let Dolly talk me into that."

"I liked it. It was like watching a butterfly opening from her cocoon to see you finally relax."

"I looked awful!"

"No you didn't Sally. It was the first time I saw the real you and fell so deeply head over heels in love with you."

"Dad was not impressed when he caught us."

"Yeah the old fart blamed me for turning his daughter to heathen ways."

"I wore pants just to get back at him when he ordered me to not see you again."

"Do you remember what you swore to me when I picked up you sweetheart?"

"That I would never judge or force my children to ...oh oh Dan. That's dirty pool!"

"Maybe but ...well you have been obsessing over Bill a little more than you should."

"But he is our son and he should not being doing this stuff. It's not right its..."

"That's your mother talking."

"God please don't tell me that! Dan...I wish I hated you right now."

"Hated me why?"

"Your right you big jerk! I wish I hated you but I love you. What did I do to ever deserve a guy like you."

"If you ever find out let me know cause I feel the same about you."

"So what do we do about Bill?" she asked me. It was a good question.

"I think. I think we should let things play out it may be a passing phase or exactly what he says it is. I don't feel like he is lying to us."

"Dan you should have heard his story today. Did you know a boy has asked him, as Belle, out on a date twice now?"

"Should I break out that old shotgun I was keeping for Samantha's suitors for Belle now?"

"That's not funny!" she giggled so it really was.

"Cute thought."

"Yes. Still everytime I see that boy all I seem to see is a girl. He doesn't even talk like a boy anymore. And his manners are better than Sam's."

"That may be from that deportment class you got him in."

"That was not my fault. That Ms. Bain"Giggle" Sorry Ms Barnes is the one who wanted to take Belle and make a proper woman out of her. It was all I could do to get her to relent on the deportment classes for a month instead of fully enrolling him."

"That still doesn't seem right to me."

"I know but with people thinking that Bill is a trans girl transitioning it's really hard to fight that when he keeps coming home as a girl more and more."

"Speaking of the transgirl thing. Did you hear from the solicitor about the case?"

"Yes they feel that they can settle this out of court. However it will be hard to prove with Belle around day after day."

I just sat there holding her as she composed herself once more.

"Dan what do you really think about this whole Belle thing? Do you think maybe we should get him to a therapist." ewww that t word again.

"You know how I feel about brain farters messing with peoples heads."

"Dan!"

"But.. I feel that this will somehow make a far better man out of Bill if he can get through it." I paused" I also think that we should give our son all the support we can. I do feel that under all that he is still our son. I believe in him." Sally sat back while still holding me and looked at me with those wonderful eyes of hers.

"How did I ever get a man like you?"

"So all better?"

"Yes now come here you!" It would seem that we have some energy to get rid of. Eventually we came up for air. My head was all tingly from the kiss.

"At least he gets to be a butler Thursday night."

"Yes there is that. Now kiss me again you idiot"

And I did just that for quite awhile.

up
237 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well it's...

About time we heard the parents side. I guess time will tels us if Bill's transitioning to girl unwillingly as his body continues to change. No matter what he says or does, his masculinity just keeps slipping way. So Jacl, juice or cola? I'll send both and some hand lotion for those sore fingers! LOL (Hugs) Taarpa

Playing with fire a bit here 'rents'

What I would like to know is if they would be able to handle Bill winding up somewhere in between. I do not think that has occurred to them yet. Allowing these cosmic animus forces even temporary access to your child may have unforeseen impacts, *stock evil laugh number 5*.

OTOH I think they should be more responsive and make an effort to address and treat Bill the way he wants to. If that changes to a feminine form than that should be good too. I think Bill is trying to make that clear and the 'rents should make it clear to Bill that they will support him no matter what gender state/presentation/orientation etc he might wind up as.

Personally I think Bill should not be budging on the non-liking boys issue, as that is NOT his preference, and leave Jason to Sam. Again, I don't see how Jason is that bad as, while he is a bit pushy, and I have encountered that with men before myself, he does not seem no worse than a typical alpha male in training. Hopefully Barb's kiss will give him a clue though *rolls eyes*.

JOW is slipping, he has missed an episode at this point and has missed his cue *giggle*.

*sits back to enjoy the show*

Kim

Perfect way to get rid of that nozzle, Jason

Perfect way to get rid of that nozzle, Jason:

Next time Bill is manipulated into looking like Belle and that idiot who can't get a clue comes sniffing around for a date, Bill should gush "Oh, I'd love to date you! Then you can transition to be a girl and we can be lesbians together... what's your girl name?"

I bet Jason will turn green and make excuses to run away and never come around Bill again.

Unless Jason's so attracted to "Belle" because he's trans himself and fascinated by Bill's alleged transition. In which case, he'll probably still run away... then have a hard mental battle with himself, and come out of the closet as trans, and pursue Bill some more.

He's still a jackass, though.

I actually do like this story, Jaci. My only real problem with it is the deportment class. If I were Bill, when that teacher first told me I had to go to that, I'd be saying "hell no", and "double hell no" to going in the girl's uniform. And my parents would have been backing me up. Dad because he was freaking out about al these Belle stuff back then (now he's desensitized, it seems) and Mom because she knew he didn't really want it. Although there is a side to her that likes having another daughter. But I would hope the PARENT in her would stand up to the teacher for Bill's sake and say "he said hell no, so he won't go. If you have a problem with that, take it up with our school board and they can give him normal detentions."

Eff Mrs Bain.

But that's what SHOULD have happened...

I hope the story turns out okay, with Bill getting to be Bill again... but maybe coming to terms with liking SOME things in being girly, and maybe letting "Belle" come out and play once in a while, as his sister likes having a sister and his mother likes another daughter... But his family really has to get their act together and support what Bill wants. And he needs to grow a backbone instead of being so wishy washy. Like when that student in Home Ec asked him to try on the skirt, he should have said "Out of a class of girls, you ask the one boy?" If he wants to stop being moved like a pawn by everyone else, he needs to stand up for himself and say absolutely not... No more dressing as a girl (except on his terms).

But of course, you're probably got oodles of chapters remaining of torment for poor Bill until he learns this lesson. *grin*

That said, I'm not Bill, and I'd LOVE to be in that situation... looking so girly that you can not only pass, but have everyone INSIST you're a girl when you tell them you're not. From MY point of view, he's a lucky bugger. A lot of your readers feel the same way. But that doesn't mean it's what's best for Bill.

(And that preggo belly thing, I would have had that off before I even left school, much less worn it to Mennonite Land.)

Enjoying the hell out of the story, though. :)

Lisa

(No, I'm not John in Wawa's alter ego...)

No you may not be JOW's alter-ego

... but one never knows as we only have Your word for it and on this site we can't count the identity for the players so, until further proof comes out, maybe we can do a Belle on you and keep insisting you are really John :)

But yes your thoughts echo a lot of my own.

AND, if you-who-claim-not-to-be-John is in fact not really John, then the real one is falling down on the job and we will have to file a grievance for lack of service *giggle*

Kim

"At least he gets to be a butler Thursday night."

Why do I have a feeling that's not going to go according to plan?

good chapter, good to see the parents trying to do the right thing, even if they dont know what the right thing is.

DogSig.png

Butler

Fitted Butler Uniform? Really?

Dani

HEY I can only type so fast!

Hum? That lesbian angle for Jason?

Nah, if he is as obsessed as he is he'll be gaga over the idea.

You know "Yessss! Some hot girl-on-girl action. I'm all yours baby!"

You all KNOW what teenage guys are like? Sex obsessed perverts!

Noting short of a dip in liquid nitrogen will cool his ardor. That means dipping him then dropping him so he shatters into a million pieces like an orange or banana they freeze in science demos.

Mom and dad MEAN to be supportive BUT they seem to have already ASSUMED Bill wants to become Belle. As Benny Hill, the great British Philosopher and comic used to say. "When you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME."

I agree Bill is in part to blame as he needs to be a little more forceful and not become a patsy to others ides.

He has to learn to assert HIS civil rights and how to more effectively say NO!

Hum, could the teacher be persuaded to let Bill out of that ridiculous deportment class if they threaten to sue her for sexual discrimination?

And no results back from the doc yet?

I worry, will he be normal and thus we still haven't a clue to his physical changes/nature? Be seen as intesex or some kind of chimera? Found to be normal but with normal hormonal levels for a female IE the Wally World Chinese vitamins? He needs full and accurate information to decide what to make of his life.

And the longer the delay in the lab work the more I fear a mix-up. Get MULTIPLE second opinions and tests using different labs before assuming any course of action or treatment BILL.
-- snicker --

And if that butler uniform is a WOMAN cut and style HASTA LA VISTA to helping THAT charity event.

Nice fill in for me BTW on the commenting.

John in Wauwatosa..

P.S. Like the acronym as it would be MUCH shorted to type. But shouldn't it be JIW?

John in Wauwatosa

Well JOW sounds very much like JOWLS

... which would be perfect for all of your 'jawing' *giggle*

And why JOW? You could be John Of Wauwatosa, sorta like how people got their last names in the first place. John In Wauwasota could also mean that you are just there temporarily, I mean, I could be Kim in Wauwatosa if I just happen to be in town for a visit and I am presenting my travel pictures: '... and this is Kim in Wauwasota'.

Anyhow, JIW is after what your initials are, so so be it :)

Kim

Not taking responability for her actions in this

Mom is cracked, she is the one that got this mess started and has caused most of the problems (bought lot of female clothes, allowing someone else to dictate Bill being in deportment, and other actions), she may not realize it but she is doing things to push this in the wrong direction. And how long have they put off the important doctor's visit now, four or five days? They should have went to another doctor or the hospital by now. And lets not forget the sister and father they are doing things too that are not helping Bill. Fully expect the mom or father to force Bill to do the benefit against Bill's desires when the butler outfit is not what was expected or promised.

Mom is cracked, Dad and Sis also helping her screw Bill

Agreement with everything you said. I sorta said so in my post above, that the family needs to get their act together and stand up for Bill and do what's best for him. Mom is definitely giving mixed signals, one minute sympathetic to Bill wanting to get the "Belle" stuff out of the way and get back to life as Bill, and other times setting him up for situations where people see him as "Belle" and push him further into it. (especially Mrs Bains... Boooo!)

I agree also that the "Butler" costume will probably be a girl's version (and Mrs Bains probably confirmed that before saying they had it), and they will probably force him to wear it...

Lisa

Therapist, EXACTLY

Some people do need to see the therapist from this story and its not Bill, but his parents. The mom is an insensitive ditz. She consistently refers to Bill as Belle and then refers to him as his daughter. The line kind of doesn't make sense when put together though "If you like boys or girls your still our daughter." If she can't not see Bill as a girl then wouldn't him being chased by boys be a normal thing.

I keep missing segments of this story and then having to go back to find what I miss :( Makes reading it a little chunky as I can't remember the last post number that I have read.

BTW I missed the part, but what are deportment classes, I never heard of them. I thought Bill was being sent back to his foreign country.

Katie Leone (Katie-Leone.com)

Writing is what you do when you put pen to paper, being an author is what you do when you bring words to life

Belle of the ball 19

WOW! NEVER saw Daddy Dan Thorne being so wise about Bill and believing in his son. But I figured that Momma Sally's was what was revealed. When they tell Bil what they decided, it will give him the inner strength to be Bill against the constant attacks to make him Belle. And Bill needs to be taken out of that deportment class. I am sure that suing the teacher for bullying a MALE student into taking a class traditionally for FEMALES will settle the issue. If not, suing the school as well as bringing it to the media will help.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I'm glad dad still believes

I'm glad dad still believes his son likes being a boy. I just hope he can keep his wife convinced of that too, until everything goes back to normal for Bill.

Though with Barb kissing him like that, he might not want to go back to being a boy all that much...

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

Your Magnum Opus

Tels - the BOTB series is some of your best work ever, and chapter 19 is one of the best chapters of it. You really "fleshed out" Bill/Belle's family in a unique and great way. I love this, and wish it could go on forever!

Words may be false and full of art;
Sighs are the natural language of the heart.
-Thomas Shadwell

The parent's do need too see

nikkiparksy's picture

The parent's do need too see a therapist for themselve's,but the butler outfit how much we betting it is a female one or is it to much of a foregone conclusion .
Looking forward to more love this story:)

name joke

Sorry, I just don't get the Bains/Barnes joke that everbody in the story seems to find so funny. Would someone be so kind as to explain?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Karen, bain as in...

There calling ms barnes, ms bains as in "the bain of my existance" ms barnes is teaching the deportment class there making bill take. Just google "bain of my existance" and you'll understand. (Hugs) Taarpa

Hmmmm,

Valcyte's picture

Tels, if you are working on a phytoestrogen etiology then why isn't Dad suffering too? Did Belle get an earlier start as a vegetarian? Maybe Belle's diet was heavier in something? A special family dish? You've been teasing us with this from chapter one. I guess we hear from the doctor tomorrow.

Val

Bane

Valcyte's picture

It's spelled b a n e,
Unless you northerners spell it differently.

Val

P.S. Sorry, I am so compulsive.

"Now kiss me again you idiot."

WillowD's picture

"And I did just that for quite awhile."

Oh, thank the Goddess. Finally! Something normal is happening in this story.