Calendar Girls - Part 9

Printer-friendly version

You call that a curse?

Calendar Girls
Part 9

JUNE - June Is Bustin' Out All Over!

by Tammy Fairbanks
Copyright  © 2003 Tammy Fairbanks
All Rights Reserved.

 


 
 
Part Nine
 
JUNE
June Is Bustin' Out All Over!

 
"What's the matter Chrissy?" asked Derek.

"What do you mean?" Chrissy responded, a little startled by the question.

Derek sighed. "Well," he replied, "you just haven't been yourself lately. It's almost as if you were a million miles away. Here it is almost time for summer vacation and you should feel great! You've got a summer job, your grades are good, and we've got each other, but yet you seem distant."

Chrissy gave a weak smile. "It shows, huh? I thought maybe I could cover the fact that something is bother me."

"I guess I got to know you too well for you to hide it from me." Derek grinned.

"What's wrong?"

"It's just a problem I need to face." Chrissy hesitated. "It's one of the biggest things I've had to deal with in my whole life, and I've been preoccupied with that."

"Wanna talk 'bout it?" Derek offered.

"Thanks, Derek," Chrissy replied, "but this is something I can't talk to anyone about just yet. I wasn't even sure until lately. I'm still not sure... just mostly sure... well, I don't know. All I know is that you're a good friend and I hope you will be there for me when I am ready to talk about it."

"Sure! You know I will. Whatever it is, you can tell me when the time is right for you." Derek assured her. "Chrissy, I care a lot about you, in fact, I think I love you. I'll always be here for you when you need to talk."

"Derek," Chrissy hesitated, "you're a great friend, and I like you a lot, but I just don't feel as strongly toward you as you do toward me. I'm sorry, but I just don't love you, at least not that way."

"I know," Derek replied resolutely. "It has been becoming more and more obvious to me that we are good friends, but that anything beyond that is entirely a one-sided thing on my part. I tried to get you to feel differently about me, but no matter what I do, I'm just not attractive enough or romantic enough to make it any more serious."

"Oh Derek, I know you liked me, but I didn't realize... I mean, I like you just the way you are, as a friend. Don't ever change who you are. As for developing anything more serious, well, it's not you, it's me."

Somehow that wasn't any consolation for poor Derek.
 

*   *   *

 
"Emma! How good to see you here." Renee greeted as Emma entered the room. The family support meeting was just about to start.

"I'm glad you came," Lori chimed in. "Have a seat. We were just getting started."

After opening the meeting, Renee, acting as group facilitator turned to Emma and asked, "Is there anything you would particularly like to discuss, Emma?"

"Yes," Emma responded slowly. "I love my family and I need to find a way through this to keep us all together. I... I've been pushing May away more and more because I can't handle her sex change, but it isn't what any of us want, in fact, it's... oh, I don't know." Emma began to ramble. "It's all so confusing, but I've come to realize that even if she's a woman now, I want May, and I know she wants me, and all of this is upsetting Derek, too, even though he tries not to show it. But because I couldn't deal with it all, it may be too late!"

"How so?" asked Lori.

"Well, May spent the Memorial Day weekend with someone else. She's been seeing June the past few weeks, you know, the new member. June and May went up to a resort in the mountains. June has never crossdressed yet at any of the G.I.R.L. meetings, but after they spent the night together June had a sex change just like May's. I mean, she is totally female!"

"I know," said Renee. "The news is out all over in the group. There's speculation that it has to do with the curse that was placed on May and April last Halloween. Now it appears to have affected June."

Lori inquired, "Emma, how do you feel about all of this?"

"I'm sorry I let things grow so cold between May and me. I don't blame her for turning to June, in fact, I kind of thought I wanted her to find someone else. I felt that if she did, then I would be off the hook and I wouldn't have to deal with how I really felt about her. The truth is that even though May is now a woman, I still love her very much. She's the person I want to continue spending my life with just as we have done for twenty years. Some things will be different, but in many respects it will be just the same. I just don't know how to tell her that and that I want her back."

"Maybe you should just tell her what you just told us," Renee suggested. "It's honest and heartfelt. If May feels that there is something there in your relationship that's salvageable I'm sure she would be willing to work at it to make things work."

"True," Emma readily agreed. "May has been wanting me to come here and deal with all of this for a long time. I'm just sorry I didn't see it sooner!"

"Don't beat yourself up, Emma," Lori told her. "You had a lot to deal with and this kind of a change can't be easy. The important thing is that you're here now."

They all nodded in agreement.
 

*   *   *

 
June sat in the chair nervously. She was certain that the manager was paying more attention to her large breasts than he was her resume. She needed this job so badly. She had been immediately terminated when she showed up at her old job as a well-endowed woman. She was so embarrassed by all of this that she didn't think she had the guts to sue them, and even if she did, the case would take months. How would she eat and pay the rent in the meantime?

"Very very nice, Miss O'Shaughnessy," Mr. Oglevie commented.

'Is he referring to my resume or my tits?' June asked herself.

He got up and came around the table to be closer to the gorgeous redhead. By sitting on the edge of the table he had a very scenic view of June's ample breasts. He reached over and patted her knee. "I am sure I can find a position for you. We would be working very closely together. In fact, you'll be right under me."

'What's that supposed to mean?' June wondered to herself again.

She found out quickly. Within five minutes she was being chased around the table by the old lecher.
 

*   *   *

 
"Hi, April!" several G.I.R.L. members greeted the pregnant young woman as she entered the meeting room. With her was an attractive, but nervous, brunette.

"Hi everybody!" April replied cheerfully. "I want you to meet someone special in my life. Well, actually, you've met her before. Everybody, this is Summer."

Mouths dropped open at the revelation. Summer hadn't really passed very well before, but now she was definitely a very attractive woman. As April explained that apparently the Halloween curse had extended to Summer, too, Sunny sat apart from the group listening intently. First it happened to April and May, then June, and now Summer as well. A glimmer of an idea began forming in her mind.
 

*   *   *

 
The park was filled with booths, banners, rainbow flags, and pink triangles. The Pride celebration was an event that many of the G.I.R.L. members looked forward to each year. This year's festival was unusually warm, and April had a chance to wear a summer maternity dresses that she had received at her baby shower.

She made her way through the crowds of lesbian and gay couples, some with children in tow, PFLAG parents, dykes on bikes, drag queens, transsexuals, leather lovers, crossdressers, politicians courting votes, bears on bikes, square dancers, and even a few mimes.

Eventually she found what she was looking for. A large tent marked "Womyn Space" appeared amid booths of every conceivable denomination. Cautiously she entered. A petite young woman with a nose ring approached her.

"Hi! I'm Frankie. Can I help you?" She had a candid an hospitable manner that put April at ease.

April wondered if Frankie was short for Francesca, which happened to be her grandmother's name. "Good name for the baby if it's a girl," she thought and filed it away for the time being. She smiled and told the other woman, "I think so. I'm here to get some information. I have a new girlfriend, and we love each other a lot, but we've never been lesbians before."

"Just out, huh?" said Frankie.

"Well, something like that."

"I have some materials with lot's of information about lesbians over here and there are some books on that table. When are you due?"

"In September." April replied. "My partner and I are both really excited about it. I also need some information on raising children in a lesbian household."

"Well we have some stuff here," answered Frankie, "but there's a group over at that booth over there with a lot more information. They are specially focused on the needs of gays and lesbians raising families."

April was soon loaded up with several brochures, booklets, a safe sex kit, and a book on lesbian sex. Then she went across the way to check out the family booth.

Frankie turned to help the next person to enter the tent. She was very young and dressed casually in jeans and a Tee- shirt. Her hair was very blonde and cropped close. She was nervous.

"Hi! I'm Frankie. Can I help you?"

"Hi," the shy young teen took a deep breath and then blurted out, "My name is Chrissy... uh, Chris... and I think I'm gay!"
 
 


 
End Part 9

up
92 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I think Chrissy...

Needs to consult a calender while its still summer, April, May, or June will do. (Giggling) (Hugs) Taarpa

Calendar Girls - Part 9

Glad to see that June is being treated as he/she treated women when she was a guy. LOL

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine