Dottie's Surprise - A Jaci and Dottie story

Printer-friendly version

Dottie’s hospital surprise - A Jaci and Dottie story

“Do I gotta have the surgery?”

If Dottie had been talking about SRS, this would have been a very strange question indeed. She was known to have the day after her eighteenth birthday circled as the day she wanted to have her genitles changed to suit her true self.

But she was talking about removing something feminine in her she never knew she even had until very recently - an undeveloped overy.

Its existence probably explained Dottie’s feminine nature and how fast she was moving away from the boy she had been born as, but they were afraid it represented a danger to her health, and Tante Drea was adamant that they had to find out for sure if it had to go.

So off they went to the hospital, with Jaci in tow, to take care of the situation before it got worse, and now Dottie was getting a little nervous.

Jaci was wearing a leather jacket over her school uniform, trying to look brave and strong for her sister, but Drea could tell this was as hard for her as it was for Dottie.

Jaci had insisted that she be allowed to hold Dottie’s hand, so she was given a gown, a mask, and some gloves and then allowed to sit by Dottie during the procedure. She watched fascinated as the doctor takes a small scalpel and makes a tiny incision until she saw the small amount of red blood emerge.. She stared at the small pool of blood, and then swooned. Drea had also been prepped, so she went over to her little girl and picked her up.

So it was that neither of them were in the room when Dottie finally opened her eyes, but she wasn’t alone.

She blinked a few times, but the person beside her bed remained where she was.

“Mom?”

“Hi Dorothy.”

“Wha.. where’s Tante and Jaci? And did you just call me Dorothy?”

"Hi sweetie. I was at work when Ms. DiMaggio called me that you were coming in for surgery. I ... was worried. .. I had to be here for you.”

“Oh mom ... I’ve missed you so much ...”

“I’ve missed you too.”

Just at that moment Jaci and Drea came into the room, and Drea said, “I’m glad you came. Your daughter could use all the support she can get right now.”

The two women stood looking at each other. Then Jaci brushed past Dottie’s mom and went to the little bathroom in the corner. A few moments later, there was a flush and the small girl opened the door again.

Both Drea and Dottie’s mom said at the same moment, “Did you wash your hands?”

The little girl growled, and went back in, slamming the door behind her.

Dottie’s mother turned to Drea and said, “I ... I’ve been doing some thinking ...”

To be continued?

up
81 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

munch munch slurp

*munches popcorn waiting for the next installment...

Oh wait! It's not my turn again surely.

some hope for Dotty

I hope they just took sample for biopsy and not taken it out all... and maybe mother is a little wiser too?

sample only

they need to be sure it isnt cancerous, and we'll have to see what Dottie's mom says.

Thanks for the comment Robin

DogSig.png

*gasping*

Dottie's mom actually called her by the right name?! Wow ... that's a surprise, but def a good one. :)