Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1784

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1784
by Angharad

Copyright © 2012 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

I ran as quickly as I could, but she’d bundled Trish into the boot of her car and was driving off as I entered the car park, having to jump clear as she drove at me. My own car was on the road and thankfully, I’d put the keys in my pocket rather than my handbag which was still in the solicitor’s. In less than a minute I was heading in the same direction as the Rover 75 driven by Bernadette. She had a minute or so lead on me.

We drove out of the city and onto the motorway, now I thought I had her–my extra horsepower should give me the upper hand. However, just as I drew level with her, she braked hard and turned off the motorway while I had missed the turning.

I drove on until the next turning feeling totally gutted, here I left the motorway and then rejoined it to go back to where she’d turned off. I was driving as quickly as I could but within half a mile the road became quite narrow and then I came to a crossroads.

I tried to tune into Trish, but for some reason I felt unable to do so. I’d left my phone in the solicitor’s so I couldn’t even call them to ask for assistance. I crossed the crossroads as there was no sign of tyre marks on the other road and Bernadette had been shifting so I’d almost expect to see them.

In about ten more minutes I came to a village and wondered about asking for help, then a minor miracle–I came across the local postman who was about to get into his van.

“Excuse me, d’you know which house is Bernadette Watts’?”

“I should, I’ve delivered there long enough–okay, down here for half a mile, turn left then after a hundred yards turn right and then almost immediately left again, then after the house with the big fence, turn right and that’s her drive, it’s called ‘Cinders’.

I thanked him and drove on except I’d forgotten the directions. For the next fifteen minutes I drove round and round in ever decreasing circles until by accident I saw the house with the big fence and a small sign alongside it saying, ‘Cinders’.

It soon became obvious why the house was so called, the drive was made of cinders or ash which had presumably been rolled and compressed, although in places there were small potholes.

I parked in the entrance to the drive to prevent her escaping and proceeded on foot. Her car was parked in front of the garage and I could hear her shouting and Trish crying. My heart was beating like crazy and I wasn’t sure if I felt more anxious or angry.

The yelling was coming from the garage and I tried to open it surreptitiously but the door was one of those electronic ones and it stayed closed.

As I circled the house looking for an entry point, I heard what was being said. “Why are you wearing those silly clothes, you’re not a girl?”

“I am a girl,” sobbed Trish.

“You’re not, you’re a boy and your name is Patrick.”

“I’m a girl,” insisted my sobbing daughter.

I wanted to get in there beat the woman senseless and hug Trish. I’d promised her protection and look what had happened. She’d never believe me again.

I spotted an open window, the bathroom and wonderfully outside it was the breather pipe which carried away the waste from the toilet. I ran silently up to it and heard a door slam in the house. I had to hurry.

Of all drainpipes these are the easiest to climb because they’re thicker and better fixed to the wall, and thankfully, this one was metal–modern ones are often plastic. I gave the pipe a hard tug and it didn’t move, so now I started to inch my way up it, walking up the wall as my hands pulled me against the pipe.

It felt like hours but in reality it was only minutes and drew level with the window, feeling hot and exhausted. I heard the voices again and it spurred me on. I reached in and felt for the handles on the two larger side windows. They were both locked, then I discovered the key was still in the lock for the quarter-light. I managed to remove it and with a squeeze and some effort undid one of the larger windows and finally pulled myself into the bathroom. I was hot bothered and dirty but one more yell from Trish drove away my tiredness and the next surge of adrenalin had me creeping down the stairs walking on the edge of the steps to minimise noise.

I burst into the room from which the noise was emanating just in time to see Bernadette pull Trish’s dress off, “You’re a boy,” she shouted at her.

“No she isn’t,” I said loudly making them both gasp.

“How did you get in here?” the mad woman demanded.

“You should secure your windows better.”

“Mummy,” screamed Trish and she ran to me wearing just her knickers, which Bernadette grabbed and between the two of them the panties tore and a naked Trish jumped into my arms.

“He’s a boy–see–oh my God,” she gasped as her eyes alighted on Trish’s little fanny. She went extremely pale and the next moment she’d collapsed on the floor in front of us.

Neither Trish nor I could say anything, I hugged her and she dissolved into tears in my arms. She was still sobbing when I draped her dress back over her and sent her to my car to lock herself in while I dealt with her abductor.

She was still lying on the floor groaning as I called the police and the paramedics. She’d gone down with quite a bump, so there was a chance she’d banged her head. The fact that she was groaning meant she was still breathing so I kept my distance and avoided touching anything, including the torn panties lying on the floor.

The police were there in ten minutes and the ambulance a moment or two later. I gave a statement while the one paramedic examined her and the other gave Trish the once over.

The police had been looking for Trish, so when I called they diverted two cars to answer me. The way they came running down the drive showed they were treating it with all seriousness. For a moment I nearly got arrested. My story was backed up by the solicitor and Trish was able to make some sort of statement to a very helpful family liaison officer, a twenty something, very attractive mixed race woman.

It seemed that the dopey receptionist was busy weighing the mail at the back of the room facing away from the door when Bernadette Watts entered to make an appointment and saw Trish sitting there, miles away listening to her iPod. She just grabbed her and had her out the door before Trish realised what was happening, and she was bundled into the boot of the car and driven away. She was very scared but tried to stay calm, fearing that her mother might kill her rather than let her come back to me.

Bernadette was taken off in the ambulance and I called Stephanie to come as quickly as she could. Then it was home and I called Simon while Trish slept on the couch. He left work almost immediately and agreed to collect my bag from the solicitor’s on his way home. He was apparently in such a rush he nearly forgot Sammi.

When they got home, Trish had been seen by Stephanie and after a light meal, we’d had a quick bath together to clean off the day, and I put her to bed. I was sitting with her as she slept when Simon came home, and both he and Sammi dashed up to the bedroom when David told them where we were.

We all three hugged and looked on at the sleeping child. She looked so peaceful but what the long term effects would be, we none of us knew.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
231 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Bike 1784

Sounds like were still in a partly cliff hanger mode, but still a good story every chapter!

Richard

Trish

I do not often comment on this story but today I have to say vintage Cathy jumping in all guns blazing.Great series,well done,please keep it coming.Thank you.

devonmalc

Strewth! Superwoman strikes again

We all three hugged and looked on at the sleeping child. She looked so peaceful but what the long term effects would be, we none of us knew.

Long term effects; who knows what traumas lie in store, and how long before they manifest themselves?

Hopefully, Trish will be an adult by the time that Bernadette is released from prison. Abduction and sexual harassment are viewed very seriously here in the UK.

S.

Rescued.

Poor Cathy must be utterly exhausted after that fright. Not to mention Trish's trauma. Let's hope Ms Watts gets her final cum-uppance.

Good chapter and yes, I still find it exciting in sufficient parts to keep me glued.

OXOXOX

Bev

bev_1.jpg

Wow...

Let us down 'easy' did you... Sorta.

Still an awful lot of open ends to sort. Makes me kinda wonder what you (and your colleague) have in mind for the story.

I do wonder when Stephanie will break down, and just move in... (Just kidding... I think.)

Thank you,
Annette

Looks Like She Is In Deep Trouble Now !

jengrl's picture

It looks like Bernadette is in deep trouble now and I hope she goes to prison for a very long time. Kidnapping and assault added to what she is already facing by the charges the hospital is leveling against her should insure that she never has a chance to hurt Trish again.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Girrrr

I think there is some Nobel blood hound in Catherin back ground. But on the other hand the Chew Chew Spit offer from me is still on the table.

Huggles to Trish
Misha

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

No security...

I don't know the psychobabble for it but I doubt that Trish will feel secure again for a very long time. Cathy is probably going to have to hire Jim as Trish's personal body guard for the duration.

I think the bitch needs to be in the loony bin or the lockup for life. Kidnapping is a very serious offense and I am feeling quite incensed by the nutty woman's cheek. She must have thought to get in on imagined proceeds from the will or some such non-sense.

Can 8 year olds be effective at Martial Arts? She is going to have to feel some sort of empowerment to ever feel secure again.

I've just had an event in my life that makes me feel insecure. Of course in the US I can and do own a huge pistol, and heaven help anyone that tries anything.

Gwendolyn

Bike 1784: Still steaming!

Let me first off say that this comment is in no way a criticism of the Author's writing. Creative genius should never bow to gentle sensibilities. I read a bit of "Great Expectation" this afternoon and was in no way as impressed with the work as I am with Bike. Have I slathered on enough shameless praise yet? I do still strongly believe that you should perpetuate this story in print.

As far as the trauma that Trish has endured, I think that at some point in her life, she will feel a great deal of damage over this and other incidents. In real life, people do endure horrific trauma and still live to tell the tale; aquiting themselves proudly in the face of horrific and unpardonable rejection. (A tip of my bonnet to a certain Welsh friend of mine.) Thank heavens, that FINALLY in the DSM 5, they have decided that GID is not mental illness, but the rejection of mindless plonkers causes PTSD. In the last couple weeks I have seen support for T folk in the most astonishing sectors here in the US. Perhaps there is yet reason for us to live? I had not thought I would see it in this life.

Gwendolyn

Trish

It is nice to know the solicitor is honest, and that he wasn't in on the kidnapping.

I hope Bernice learns to listen while she is in prison, because she won't last long if she doesn't. If other prisoners find out she abducted a child, and committed numerous sexual harassment to Trish, she won't last long anyway.

As for Trish, eight year old children tend to rebound quickly, but there is always the chance of prolonged trauma later in life. At least Trish has a Dr. who can help her thru the rough spots.

Keep the story going for as long as you are able, and want to. I agree, the entire story from Chapter 1 should be published.

Scritch Scratch on Bonzi and Izzy's ears

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1784

Wondering if the Anti Shekinah Glory influenced Bernadette Watts in order to dampen the link that Trish has to the Shekinah Glory to cancel her ability to call upon the Blue Light?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Phew!

So Trish is safe and physically well, while I doubt Cathy will be giving Bernadette any more chances. Cathy's likely to let the police throw the proverbial book at Bernadette this time, hopefully with no chance of bail.

As for why Cathy couldn't 'home in' on Trish, maybe Shekinah forsaw that Cathy was already in line to find Trish without needing assistance - after all, Bernadette had a very specific cause, so returning home was the most likely scenario (unlike the Mafia and friends who've kidnapped Simon on a few occasions and taken him to goodness-knows-where, or the fake preacher who kidnapped Julie when she thought she was attending a camp and took her to the Isle of Wight).


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!