THE HAVEN

Printer-friendly version


THE HAVEN
by

Jacquimac

"The patients injuries are horrific and also suffering from a severe case of malnutrition, on top of that there is pneumonia and several badly infected wouds.The cances of survival are extremely low and surgery is impossible given the weakened state" said the doctor

"What sex do we put down on the medical records? asked the nurse

"That has yet to be determined, due to injuries inflicted in the groinal region, first we have to stabalise the patient enough to get through surgery, we can deal with the paperwork and red tape if and when there is a chance for survival" stated the doctor

"Has the patient spoke yet?" "asked the Police Inspector

"Speech is impossible the vocal cords have been severed" replied the doctor "However if the patient survives and once the arms have been set, if the patient is capable of writing we might get some answers" he continued in a hopeless sounding tone

"The parents have been charged with several charges and will face a very long jail sentence for this" said the Inspector angrily

"But why would parents do this to their child ? " asked the nurse

"That is what we have to find out" stated the Inspector "Please keep me informed will you doctor ?" he asked before leaving

"I certainly Inspector" answered the Doctor
The doctor turned to the nurse
"Have the Senior Consultants been sent for nurse?" he asked

"Yes doctor, we have paged them but the Consultant Surgeon is still in theatre and wom't be free for about another two hours" she replied
"I have also asked the priest to attend the meeting in case he needed" she finished

"Thank you nurse,, I forgot we might need him" replied the Doctor
Of course I heard all thiis through the open door and realised it was me they were talking about, this only made me determined to survive. for years I had been sexually abused and kept hidden. For me one day was just the next, sexually assaulted by men and women who paid my parents in cold hard cash, all I ever knew was pain, hunger and more pain. Yes I would survive one way or another I would beat my parents who had left me for dead.

Days rolled into weeks and weeks into months but slowly I recovered, no I couldn't talk and had never been to school or taught to read and write. I was taught to read and write and eventually i answered the Inspectors questions as best I could by writing the answers down.

I had been a boy but due to injuries inflicted on me surgery had only been able turn me into a girls. The priest was a visitor and a kindly well meaning man in his own way, he had asked if i knew about God.
Yes i knew about God , my parents prayed to him every morning and evening and in between I serviced their clients and suffered their abuse, but I wanted no part of a God that would allow such things to happen and I told him so. If God allowed such things to happen to children it might be better he didn't exist, but father Bryant still came to visit even if we didn't talk about God and such things.
Other visitors I had were among the police, mainly the officers who had found and rescued me, apparently I been unofficially adopted by the men and women at the station and they always brought some small and sometimes not so small gift when they visited.

I was also a favourite with the nurses and doctors at the small hospital so I was never short of visitors.
Once I started to recover from my injuries a child phsycologist was sent to see me, everyone thought it strange that I had no nightmares about what happened to me or that I showed no fear of strangers. Well that easily explained I had been tortured and abused for so long I just accepted whatever came along and the only thing to fear was fear itself.

The people I was now seeing were kind and thoughtful and went out of their way to help me, I had a new identity and a new life , so I wanted to forget the past and look to the future. Oh, i knew there were people out there who would hurt me if I let them,but never again would fully trust anyone.
I eventually was moved to an orphanage and my record were marked "NOT FOR FOSTERING OR ADOPTION". The orphanage was a special one with only about a dozen of us any one time and run by specialists, it wasn't a state orphanage although the treasury paid the bills it was trial orphanage for those with special needs.
I was 13 when I arrived at "THE HAVEN" yes thats what the place was called and was soon installed in a private room as were all the other children as they arrived. At the time we didn't know it but we would spend the rest of our lives together helping other children.
Two days arriving at THE HAVEN I was interviewed by the Matron and the head teacher, it was explained that unlike other such institutions we wouldn'tleave when we 18 buut when they thought we were ready to meet civilisation head on and that we would recieve all the help and support we needed.
As it turned out we had all been victims of sexual abuse and none of had much of an education so the priority was to give us the educataion we sorely needed, but we were a pretty intelligent bunch, and unlike a regular school we didn't attend classes monday till friday and have the weekend off, no we would have regular classes one day and the next spent on specialised lessons and /or relaxation.
In my case it meant lessons on being a girl, you know mannerisms, movement, fashion etc, in this I was alone as all the rest still had their original gender so they would be doing other things.
We were all the same age when we arrived and at the age of 25 our basic education was complete, now we were to specialise and it might seem funny but we all wanted to help others like us, whether or not we were institutionalised or not doesn't matter we spend the rest of lives in a much larger HAVEN as a new school was being build inside the grounds to house two hundred at a time of various ages.
I specialised in Child Phsycology and achieved my Doctorate in record time, over the years I and the original dozen helped thousands of children to live as near normal lives as possible, Oh, there were a few that went bad on us and a few we couldn't help, years ago due to cuts in government funding we went private and thanks to several mysterious benefactors will never be short of the money we need.
Well that's roughly my story and the story of "THE HAVEN", I won't it hasn't been easy because it wasn't we struggled for a lot of years and in the beginning mistakes were made, but now it works thanks to young men and women who work here, under me in my role as Principle.
OH, i nearly forgot my parents recieved life sentences, during their time in prison my father was killed by an inmate who found out what he had done and my mother was so badly injured she spent the rest of her life in a wheelchair being treated like a baby she had regressed so far.

up
71 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Haven

Well, I have to admit this is a different story!

Richard

Brainstorming again

jacquimac's picture

Yes, it's a bit different, something that just popped out last night.

jacqui

You have great talent

and managed to pull off such a large story in so few words ^^ Job well done ^^

I definitely like ^^ Of course, as a side note, you can also expand this and wring more of this story out if you felt the need to explore it more.

Sephrena

THE HAVEN

Hope that THE HAVEN really exists for those who need it.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine