Elephant Ears - A Jaci and Dottie Story

Printer-friendly version

Elephant Ears - A Jaci and Dottie Story

The elephant ears may have been a mistake, but otherwise it had been a pretty good day.

Drea poured two very tired girls into their respective beds, and went and got a cup of tea as she reflected on the experience.

It had started when Dottie used her growing ability to look cute when asking for something to talk her into taking the girls to a summer fair, and overall, it had been worth it.

The first remarkable thing was both girls wore casual, but clearly feminine clothes. Dorothy wore a pair of feminine shorts with a butterfly made out of rhinestones on the pocket, as well as a pink t-shirt with the logo “girl’s rule” on it and a pair of Mary-Jane flats. Jaci wore a jean skirt and a orange top with pictures of flowers on the back and front, and open toed flat sandals.

Both girls had made the most of the day, Dorothy by trying games while Jaci went more for the rides, so between them they covered the whole fair. But the obvious highlight for both girls had been the bad food - corn dogs for Jaci and a cheeseburger for Dottie, with both girls wanting and getting the “elephant ears” for desert.

“Elephant ears” turned out to be flat pastry bottoms covered in powdered sugar and fruit, with a chocolate sauce on top. Of course, that much sugar turned both girls into a tornado that took a long time of serious running around to wind down before they could be taken home to bed.

She had been amazed at how well the two girls had done. It had been fun to see both girls putting aside their anxieties and just have fun for once, even if Dorothy had taken the lead most of the time, often dragging Jaci by the hand to see whatever had excited her at that moment.

What had made the day special for ‘Drea was when the girls found a booth where they could get caricatures done, Dorothy got one of her as a fairy while Jaci got one with her as “She-Ra, princess of power”.They then insisted Andrea get hers done as well, and wouldnt let her see what picture they picked for her until after it was done.

Now, with both girls finally in bed, Andrea took a look at the picture they had chosen for her, and smiled at the idea that this is how the girls saw her. All of her former anxieties about how she would look after she transitioned, all the sorrow and loneliness she had felt, and now here she was, blessed beyond measure by the love of two little girls., and she placed the picture on the countertop to rest until morning.

It was her a beautiful guardian angel, and it would eventually be put on the mantle to watch over the three of them grow and get better.

Day by day.

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Jaci and Dottie Stories

This is such a good story, and these short vignettes are super!
All I would like is for the story line to continue, as long as the two of you can.
KUDOS!

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

Thanks, Stormy

I was starting to worry no one liked this one.

Thanks for the comment.

DogSig.png

Guardian Angel

For being such a short story this was just, WONDERFUL!

Hugs :}:}

Vivien

thanks, Vivien

I'm really glad you liked it enough to comment.

DogSig.png

A guardian angel

That's the perfect picture of Andrea.

Rami

RAMI

*grinning*

This was so fun to read! I almost felt like I was there, runnin' 'round the fair after eatin' alla sugary goodness in 'em elephant ears. Thanks for sharin' this story!

{{{huggles}}}