Accidental Magic - Chapter 03: Suits and Revelations

Printer-friendly version

Synopsis: Terri has to learn magic from somewhere, and an old promise is coming back to haunt her, but first she has to deal with her new outfit, which has a mind of it's own.

 

Accidental Magic

By
Allystra Krane

Chapter Three
Suits and Revelations.


The police squad car pulled into the driveway of Terri's house. It was an old mansion in the historical district only a few blocks from the school.

Terri stepped out of the front passenger seat, only to be bull-rushed by her mother.

"Sweetie! Are you ok?" she asked frantically, as she lifted her daughter's shirt to look for any bruises or cuts, only finding the symbiotic catsuit still acting as an unbroken second skin.

Her mother was being very thorough, when after lifting her shirt, she started to unzip her shorts, but Terri brushed her off and jumped back.

"Mom, geez! We're out in the yard! You can inspect me later." Terri cried out before turning to look at the officer with a grin. "I told ya."

Her mother walked Terri into the house, followed by the female officer.

"Terri, are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah mom, I'm just trying to block out all of the horrible memories, like when I sent the one sprawling onto the bench. The look of surprise on his face was just Horribly precious. Yes, horrible, horrible things I want to forget. You mind if I watch some TV?" she asked, the grin still on her face.

"I suppose dear."

She meandered up the stairs to her favorite television and the ratty old couch she enjoyed stretching out on.

Meanwhile her mother took the chance to talk to the officer.

"Thank you for driving her home." she said .

"Think nothing of it." said the officer. "Since she didn't seem to have suffered any injuries, we didn't need to rush her to the hospital."

"So she wasn't actually raped?"

"No Ma'am. As I had said when I called you earlier, we stormed in before they had a chance to violate her."

"She seems rather casual. I would have expected her to be hysterical and crying when you got here."

"Well, honestly, she did repel both attackers in just a few seconds. We had a tip that those boys were planning something like this, so we were waiting in a room across the hall. When we heard the crash of the second boy against a locker we thought she was the victim of that injury and rushed in."

The officer continued. "Has Terri had any formal martial arts or defense class training?"

Her mother looked thoughtful. "No, I'm certain I would know if she took classes, at least I think I would. Recently she has seemed a little different, but I can't seem to put my finger on how." she replied.

The officer shrugged her shoulders. "She said she got in some lucky shots, and despite my better judgment I will have to put that in my report at the precinct."

"Also, all victims of sexual assault, attempted or not, are invited to visit a rape councilor. I'll have one contact you tomorrow."

Terri's mother nodded. "Thank you again."

The officer looked at her watch. "I wish I could stay and chat, but I hear the paperwork calling and oh what fun it's going to be."

She returned to her cruiser and was leaving the driveway as Allyssa came running down the sidewalk.

"Can I speak with Terri?" she said, in between gasps as she caught her breath in the front yard.

Terri's mother looked at this strangely dressed Goth girl. "And who should I say is calling?"

"I'm Allyssa. She got brought home before I got a chance to speak with her."

Terri's mother opened the front door and leaned in, shouting up the steps. "Terri! Allyssa is here to see you."

"Can she come in?" Was the response shouted back down.

Terri's mother motioned for the girl to step inside. "She's up the steps on the second floor, first door on the left.

"Thank you." said Allyssa and she ascended the stairs with a lack of vigor, mostly from her run. She saw from the doorway, a pair of sneakered feet hung over the edge of a couch that had seen better days.

"Hello."

"Hey." replied Terri as she spun her legs off the couch, sitting her upright and giving her guest a place to sit facing the TV that sat against the opposite wall.Allyssa sat down next to her.
"I suspect your mother thinks I am going to give you makeup tips on being Goth." she said. Terri looked at her suddenly burst into laughter.
"I wouldn't put it past her. She musta gave you 'the look' didn't she?"

"I suspect so. Her eyes gave me a chill."

"Yup, that's it alright. So if it wasn't makeup tips, why did you run here from school?"

Allyssa smiled. "Well, I just came to see how you were holding up from your terrible ordeal, and by looking at your choice of programming...." She gestured to the Television, which was currently showing an episode of the 'Joy of painting, with Bob Ross.'

"... I think you must be horribly depressed."

Terri turned and scowled at her for a moment. "Say what you want about me, but don't ever diss Bob Ross. He was a wonderful painter, and I am mesmerized whenever I watch him."

Allyssa turned and watched it for a few moments before nodding. "His voice does have an almost hypnotic quality to it. It is quite calming..." she mused. "Anyway."

"Anyway what?"

"The reason I came here was to tell you how to take that bodysuit off."

"Oh, I had almost forgotten it was there, it is damned comfortable."

"So you like it?"

"Yeah, I do, especially the support." said Terri, cupping her breasts. "It holds me up very well." she added as she jiggled them up and down slightly.

"It is probably happy to hear you say that."

"Uhm...What?" Said Terri, her eyes now rather wide, though she was so stunned she hadn't turned away from the television."

"It's sentient... well slightly." said Allyssa. "It can harden itself to repel bullets or knives and it will cover your whole body to protect you from a fire."

"Wow. Considering everything else I've been dealing with in the last five days, I am only slightly creeped out by this revelation."

"So, you want to take it off now?"

"Just promise me it won't start molesting me."

Allyssa responded with a smile. "If you ask it to, you can't call it molesting. It wouldn't without your express permission."

Terri nodded. "I'll keep that in mind. What else does it do?"

"Well, if you give it some mana, it can assume other shapes."

"Mana, oh yeah, magic energy? How do I do that?"

Allyssa lifted Teri's arm, and gently kissed the gray sleeve. Her kiss took a moment longer than seemed appropriate. As her lips parted, she soothingly spoke. "Increase her bust size would you? I think she would look good with F-cups."

Terri eeped as she heard those words, and eeped again as the orbs under her shirt begin to swell up until they looked like balloons tucked under the fabric.

"That's not funny." Terri said, lifting them. "Geez they even feel like they have the weight, but I'm not feeling my hands on them anymore."

Allyssa smiled. "That is because it's not your real boobs that inflated, just the support cups. But, I'm not giving up any more mana to the suit, so if you want your boobs back to normal, you do it yourself."

Terri lifted her arm and quickly kissed the suit. She then asked for them to be returned to reality, but nothing happened.

Allyssa giggled. "You have to kiss like you mean it, and you'll feel a tingle in your lips when you do it right. You'll have to do that to take it off anyway, so you better learn quick."

Terri tried again, this time her lips remained on the fabric for a few seconds, and her eyes widened then closed.

The balloons deflated immediately without her saying anything.

"You have the advantage of not having to speak what you want it to do, since you're wearing it and all." added Allyssa.

Bigger changes will require more mana, so get used to smooching it.

Terri nodded. "This is wild. Where did you get it?"

Allyssa looked away. "It's a life form that the user community believes was created magically. This one is still in the development stage but it's now already bonded to you, so I guess you will have to make one for me, to replace it. Sounds fair, doesn't it?"

"Uhm, make one? How am I supposed to make one?"

"You'll like this part. You get to be a full fledged mommy for about seven weeks."

"You don't mean?"

"You may encounter someone else with their own symbiotic suit, just like yours. The suits may decide to merge with each other and share their combined experiences, which will help you out by saving you time in teaching it on how to replicate different outfits or materials. An adult suit is likely to have a good four thousand years worth of clothing styles it remembers."

"It has only one problem, and that is that the suits cannot reproduce by themselves. They need a warm womb to place their baby into until it can survive in the outside environment."

"Your suit will ask for your participation when it needs it. It would be in your best interests to allow it. The minor inconvenience for you makes for a very happy suit that will truly do everything in its power to protect you."

Terri was pale. "You're telling me I have to become pregnant with an alien baby?"

"It's not an alien, I told you, it's a construct. The whole surragate motherhood and birth is painless. You can give me the offspring afterward."

"Do I have a choice?"

"Terri, it's the very least you can do to insure the survival of its species."

Terri looked down at herself. "I get to look forward to being impregnated by my own clothing. Joy."

Allyssa giggled. "Just spend some more time as a girl and you might have second thoughts about it. The sensation of motherhood is like nothing you have ever experienced. Your body might tell your head that you want it."

"So my mother has mentioned... several times... a day... since I transformed myself. She says that becoming a mother is..."

Allyssa interrupted her. "...Speaking of your mother, she is coming upstairs. She is also broadcasting bad thoughts toward me. She really doesn't like Goths, does she?"

Terri was about to answer, but Allyssa put a finger to her mouth. "She wants me gone, play along." she whispered.

Allyssa then exclaimed in a louder voice. "When you have more understanding of makeup technique and the proper clothes... then maybe you'd fit in better our group."

She winked then shouted. "You're too damn bright and cheerful anyway to be one of us. Stay away from us and we will darken your path no longer."

With that Allyssa stood up, stormed out of the room and down the stairs right past Terri's mother, pretending to be in a huff. She threw open the front door, and marched out down the path to the sidewalk, then turned, threw up her nose and stormed off and out of sight.

Terri was still sitting there, stunned at what she had just learned, when her mother came through the doorway and threw her arms around her.

"Don't cry dear, you don't need to try to fit in with those evil girls. They aren't your friends."

Terri was speechless.


The next morning, Terri awoke early to the smell of fried bacon and eggs. This could only mean one thing; they had boarders.

The house was big enough that her parents had converted it into a bed and breakfast inn of sorts. Guests were infrequent but always welcome. They had six rooms on the second level devoted to guests, meaning the downstairs bedroom was her mother's, and she had a large bedroom that took up about half of the attic.

The equally large kitchen had seating enough for ten people, plus a giant skillet surface for cooking.

Terri groaned as she woke up, turning over and suddenly realizing she had rolled over onto her breast, and that this was not exactly comfortable.

She was quickly up, then stopped to look into the mirror at herself in all her glory. There was hardly any emotion as she mentally gauged her own body. Had she been outside her own body, looking at the girl in the mirror she might have found this attractive. But now it was her body, and was going to have to be, at least in public, for some time to come.

She looked down at the small patch of hair that covered her delta. The first time she had seen it, that friday night, it had only made her cry.

Now, finally after five days, she could look at it and realize what she had become, not what she had lost or what other people were going to say.

A familiar urge once again reared it's head, but Terri realized she didn't have any idea how to get started, and doubted she would have time before school to experiment.

"School," she thought to herself. A sense of modesty kicked in and she refused to further glare at herself in the mirror until she had some clothes on. Her mind was starting to give her ideas, ones that the rest of her wasn't quite ready to accept.

She chalked up her renewed interest in self-gratification to her activities before bed. After having studied the textbooks on magic that she had acquired from the attic trunk for most of the night, she had figured out how to change back, and had done so in the privacy of her room.

She had remembered what Allyssa had said about the charm and didn't feel like having to explain to her mother who the boy with the spiked hair was, so whilst changed, he didn't speak or leave the room. Since she cast the spell as a temporary effect and had gotten to bed very late, she woke up to find it had worn off.

She sighed and looked around for something clean, since her personal habits had not improved along with her physique. She located a clean pair of cotton shorts and another t-shirt. She missed the pocket tee variety, but surmised that women didn't have a pocket there for a good reason.

She was about to open her underwear drawer when she spied the bodysuit sitting in a clump on the floor at the foot of her bed.

She had spent nearly a minute kissing before it had informed her it had enough to melt itself and release her from its embrace. Though it never spoke, it was as if she knew it needed more, so she held on until she felt it moving across her skin. It took but a few seconds and it had literally melted off of her.

Picking it up now, she thought about what Allyssa had said about carrying its baby. She held it and contemplated if she could agree to the strange condition it would someday ask of her.

After a full minute, something inside her, not her head, but possibly her heart seemed to beg for the experience. She held it up, and she could also feel an emotional response for the same thing coming from the suit as well.

She closed her eyes, and said out loud. "Okay, I'll do it. I'm not comfortable with the whole idea of it at the moment, but I'm learning to overcome a bigger change than that."

She felt warmth across her arm as the suit was responding to her declaration. It slid across her skin, covering her once again, and this time she swore it was kissing her all over, which made her squirm.

"Okay, cut that out. Just promise me you won't want a child for a few weeks, okay?"

It stilled, awaiting her whim and Terri could swear she could tell how happy it was, as opposed to last night, where she had to get it off before it depressed her along with itself.

Looking at herself in the mirror she thought she looked good, but she wanted a different color. She felt the suit gently reminding her that it needed mana, so she lifted her wrist and planted a long kiss on her sleeve. She was amazed as she watched it change in front of her eyes. The color changed to a black, then the fabric itself morphed, until she was in a black spandex catsuit, but it wasn't finished. The sleeves began to shrink and she pulled her lips away to watch the material stop just below her elbow this time. It covered her feet and she lifted one up to watch it form ridges and a solid sole under her foot. She stepped down on that foot, to find herself about two inches taller, and the other left the ground, to repeat the process.

The boots looked like leather, complete with steel buckles decorating the outside facets. She was now in a pair of ass-kicking boots. She nodded at her reflection, realized this was what she had been thinking about even if it wasn't what she had asked it for at the time.

She decided to put the shirt and shorts on over top anyway, she was still feeling a bit modest and was not comfortable with anyone able to see all of her body.

Now fully dressed, she unlocked then opened her door and stepped onto the stairwell landing. She slowly trudged down the steps, getting the feel of the boots.

She walked into the kitchen to see five women, two somewhat elderly in appearance, sitting around the island table facing the skillet that sat in the center. Her mother was frying more eggs for the last two that had yet to receive food.

"Oh good honey, you're up. Can you run down to the pantry fridge and get us more milk?"

"Sure mom. Good morning to all of you." she added. "I'm sorry if I kept you up with music last night, I didn't know we had guests."

"You didn't dear." said one. "We just got here two hours ago."

"Oh." commented Terri as she walked around the kitchen, then opened the door to the basement and descended, only to return a few moments later with the milk.

"Yes dear, as we were telling your mother, we're going to be here in town for about a month and your she beat our best hotel quote. I just hope we don't inconvenience you."

"Of course not. If you need anything, and I'm around, let me know, it will be my pleasure to assist you." Terri answered in her best hostess voice. 'He' had practiced it in a mirror long before he had become a she, but she commented to herself that it sounded a bit more sincere with her new voice.

The gathered group exchanged a chuckle. Her mother smiled then commented, "I told you that she would act almost uncharacteristically polite. She's a little hellfire."

"We'll try to avoid getting burned." One of the women chuckled.


At lunch Terri hurried her way over to Allyssa's table, her own table still fully occupied by people she was not interested in speaking with.

"Sit down, have a seat. You're late."

Terri set her tray down and flopped into the empty chair. "Fancy meeting you three here. So what is the agenda for the day?"

"First off, your boarders are much, much more than they appear."

"Excuse me?"

"On her deathbed, your grandmother asked her friends make a promise as they stayed with her. She told them something to the effect that, if she should ever have a granddaughter who becomes a user then she wanted them to teach said granddaughter."

"You don't say." said Terri as new thoughts swirled around in her head.

"Your boarders are all accomplished users, and they are all fulfilling that promise they made ten years ago. You will need to go home right after school... to start your other schooling."

"Oh great, how come you can't teach me?"

"We're still novice users ourselves, and the council rarely allows tutelage done by those of us new to the trade."

"The council?"

"A governing body for users. The entire country is divided up into regions with the size of their territory determined by the number of users in the area. We're relatively unpopulated out here, so our council isn't even in town, but you'll get to meet them soon. They want to meet all new users."

"When is this happening?"

"Your new teachers will determine that. They need to ascertain the scope of your abilities and help you learn the basics, so don't say I didn't warn you. You've got them for a month, so don't irritate or disappoint them. You are getting a free education that most users would have to pay for."

"Oh great." replied Terri. "Just what I need."

"Good thing you didn't make the cheer team now isn't it."

"Yeah, good thing."

"Speaking of Cheerleaders.... here comes the troop again." Said Jen, not looking up from her tray of barely eaten food.

"Terri!" squealed Naomi - a member of the cheer squad she had not spoken with before that moment, who tackled Terri in her chair and hugged her tightly.

"Terri, I missed school yesterday, but I just had to show up when I heard the news."

"Uhm, what news?" replied Terri, trying hard to breathe.

"The boys that you stopped, they.... they..."

"They raped you?" Terri finished the sentence without thinking. Suddenly Naomi started to cry and Terri stood up and had to embrace the girl. "It's okay. They caught them." Terri whispered as she tried to sooth her.

Allison, another of the squad nodded. "They called her mother last night. They went all CSI on them, and matched their DNA to samples they took from Naomi's..."

"I get it, I get it. You don't need to say anything else."

Naomi spent a few moments collecting herself. "I have to thank you for doing what I couldn't. I'm so weak, I couldn't fight them off like you did."

Terri shook her head. "I got the jump on them. They were chatting as I came in and I heard them. If they had surprised me, I'd have been overpowered too. You can't blame yourself. I'm just happy that they are now going to jail for what they did to you."

Naomi sighed and looked down. Her train of thought derailed and promptly picked up on another track.

"Whoa. Where did you get those Shoes? You must be six inches taller now."

Terri blushed. "Only two, but they are great confidence boost."

Allison took Naomi from Terri, putting her own arms around the sniffling girl's waist.

"Well, we'd best get going. Cindy is looking for you. Something about your ripped uniform. Thought I would give you a heads up."

"But I swear I wasn't the one that ripped it."

"Doesn't matter." Allison called back. "She's got you in her sights."

Terri sat back down. "Great, just what I need. Can this day get any more complicated?"

Little did she know, that someone was now looking down on her as said those very words, and had come to a fateful decision.

"You are the one. You can help me," the unseen onlooker thought to herself.


up
259 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm hooked

Excellent story, I can't wait for the next chapter, especially after that cryptic last line.

Kindest regards,
talonx

Very Fun Story

Frank's picture

I don't always like magic based stories, but I'm really enjoying this one (and for those that don't frequent fictionmania there is Dancing on Daddy's Shoes which is excellent). Really looking forward to more installments!!


Huggles!!

Alexis

Hugs

Frank

Thank you Frank

WillowD's picture

After spending an entire 15 seconds skimming this story I have decided it needs a more thorough read. So I have book marked it as the next thing to read.

Very Good Story!

The more I read of this story, the more I like it. I'm really looking forward to reading more of it.

Janice

Juicy Installment :) (Just Add Magic)

That suit seems like its going to be great fun! (if only I had one...) Nice lead in with Mysterious people watching her too. Great Character development - this story almost has it all. Siskel & Ebert would have given it two thumbs up :)

Great Job Allystra, I love your writing!

Sephrena Lynn Miller

Can't wait...

Good catching story, can't wait for next part...

Crying uncle

It looks like everyone is planning to heap things on poor Terri until she cries uncle.
At least she seems to live in a country where the police force has at least some idea of justice.
If she were living where I live, then she would be no doubt in prison for beating up two poor boys.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

What a kick ass babe.

This is really entertaining. Thank you for your nice work.

Gwenellen