Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1746

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1746
by Angharad

Copyright © 2012 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

Everyone was delighted to see Stella back home, except she didn’t have that many clothes and we weren’t able to go into Gareth’s old house to get them due to it being a crime scene and potentially dangerous after the explosion.

I didn’t get to speak with Sammi before they all went to bed but tried to remember to speak with her the next day. I did speak with Simon and he brought me up to date on what had happened.

“So is that it–her career at the bank is over, is it?”

“Hardly, she’s coming up to town with me tomorrow for another session with IT. I think they want us to sponsor her at uni and tie her in with a payback clause.”

“I see. I thought those things were unenforceable?”

“Not with banks, we can pursue you in this life, deprive your children and demand your soul pays interest on any you still owe.”

“Oh, a bit like the church then?”

“More than a bit, we’re having to keep the burnings at the stake a bit quiet and our claims investigation service is what we call our inquisitors.”

So if Santander adopts the same, would it be the Spanish Inquisition?” As soon as the words were out of my mouth I knew I’d made a mistake–a terrible one.

“No one expects the Spanish Inquisition,” he started and I knew I’d be in for about ten minutes of total purgatory. I began to wonder if I should confess now, not sure what for, other than to shut him up. In the end I reached forward and stroked him somewhere and he suddenly forgot the words. When he reciprocated on my breasts we somehow forgot all about Monty Python and just got deep down and personal.

The next morning was Friday, and after showering myself, I got the girls up and showered them, dried them did their hair and sent them off to dress while I checked on Stella and her brood and Catherine. Stella was already up and feeding Fiona so I disappeared quickly before Puddin’ followed me as I went to collect Catherine. I took her downstairs and she spent ages sucking a piece of toast while I sorted the others. Jacquie appeared and took over with the little ones while Stella emerged and looked embarrassed wearing the jeans and top I’d loaned her.

Before I left on the school run, I heard her asking Jacqui if she’d look after her two while she went shopping. That probably meant John Lewis was going to do quite well later on.

Actually, what she did was to go to Gareth’s house and repossess most of her clothes and the children’s. Can’t say I blame her, she has got some nice stuff but it might have been seen as foolhardy given the condition of the place.

I was marking more exam papers, some of my lot this time and the hospital called my mobile to inform me that James was awake and asking for food and for me. I arranged to go in as soon as I finished my marking.

It took me two hours and I okayed it with Tom before I left, handing him the exam papers, the marks were not inspiring, so maybe the celebrity status I appear to hold for some people, isn’t helping much. All we seem to be doing is causing some of these kids to go home with large debts and little prospect of a degree. I wrote a note on top of the papers for Tom to see.

The hospital will soon be giving me my own parking space if I go there much more often. James was sleeping when I got there so I left him to go and see how the little girl I assisted was doing. She looked much better and when Sam Rose saw me he broke off his conversation and dashed over to see me.

“You haven’t lost your touch I’m so glad to see,” was his opening remark.

“Possibly she would have recovered without my help,” I offered back.

“Cathy, you know that isn’t true–so just accept my thanks and this,” he nipped into the ward office and came back out with a large bunch of flowers, “This is from some grateful parents.”

“What did you tell them?”

“Only that you’d sat with her telling her to get better.”

“I hope they didn’t push too hard in their questioning?”

“If you had a child who was critically ill or possibly going to be paralysed and someone told you Father Christmas came by and she got better, what would you do?”

“Leave him an extra mince pie at Christmas.”

“Eh?”

“Father Christmas.”

“I suppose I asked for that.” He hugged me and I went back up to James’ ward where he was now awake.

“Aw, you brought me flowers,” he said and I didn’t have the heart to say they weren’t his. I did remove the card beforehand or he’d have had some awkward questions next time we met.

I asked him what had happened and he couldn’t remember much at all. Some guy who looked like Gareth appeared and while he chatted to James, Stone managed to ambush him, injecting some sort of sedative in his arm and the last thing he remembered was thinking he was going to die at the quarry.

“You very nearly did.”

“So I hear. You know once I passed out with hypothermia all I can remember was seeing you searching for me and this bright blue light surrounding you.”

“That was probably the ambulance you twit.”

“No, it was just you and I, and the light came from within you. I was hidden by some sort veil from you but the light came through it and warmed me just enough to keep me alive. I knew then that you’d find me and I’d eventually be okay.”

“James, that was just a bit of wishful thinking. I nearly didn’t find you and if Stone hadn’t told me and the police team hadn’t been able to find you, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.”

“I’m not religious, Cathy, as you well know–but I knew you would find me–the blue light would lead you to me and it would also keep me alive until you got there.”

“How can you say that? The facts were we nearly didn’t find you, James. It was only Stone’s change of heart that told us where he’d stashed you.”

“I know what I saw, Cathy, you shrouded in blue and telling me I’d be alright.”

“James, you were probably full of endorphins as your brain got ready to die.”

“You believe what you believe and I’ll go with what I know–and I know what I saw.”

I shook my head, “Jim, you were unconscious, how could you know anything?”

“You won’t change my mind, Cathy.”

“Okay, okay–you’re entitled to your opinion as much as the next man–even if it’s wrong.” I pecked him on the cheek and dashed off to collect the girls realising I hadn’t had anything to eat all day. I must get better organised.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
222 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I see Cathy's still in denial

about the blue light.

As someone once said, "Denial is not a river in Egypt."

S.

I see Cathy is still being

I see Cathy is still being Cleopatra regarding the blue light.

Awww, c'mon Cathy!

Cathy, there has been too much blue light activity in your past couple of days, and your being told about it by at least two different people. The Blue Light is real, you know deep down it is, because you realized it had been taken away and you no longer had access to it. And now that it is back (ever since you shut your eyes and opened shutters in your mind), once again you are refusing to acknowledge it. Within the next night or two, and no longer, of your life, you MUST go somewhere you can be alone and quiet, and think this whole blue light thing thru, beginning with your still living mother's first observation - "I saw two beautiful angels standing in front of me," and ending with what Sam AND James are telling you. And what did Rebel see or sense when he was ordered to attack you, causing him to whimper and back away? Couldn't have been the loving child who is always around you that only you cannot see, could it?

The time is here, Cathy, for you to accept the blue light and the white light, the Goddess herself, and the wannabe goddess who took the blue light away from you, and arranged for Catherine to be given to you and then do what you are supposed to be using it for, and if you havent figured it out for yourself by then, I am quite positive you will be told.

Now, girl, get thee hence and comtemplate, hard and serious about all this. NOW!

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

I remember now

shiraz's picture

"Jamaica?"

"No she went of her own accord"

- - - -

Paperback cover Boat That Frocked.png

Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1746

Wonder if the blue light has cured Stella

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Sammi?

You keep putting Sammi off. :(

Hope that doesn't cause more problems.

Hugs, Fran

Seeing the light.

Seeing the light is something Catherin needs some practice at. Everyone else sees it there must come a time that even she will admit to the wonder of her life. It is a hard thing when you are so invested in a particular P.O.V. James has to be the most unsentimental unbiased person Catherin knows if James claimed to have seen this Catherin can take that to the bank as a secured deposit. '

The only bad question is the one not asked.

*groan* just *groan*

*Frustrated throwing of arms up in the air*

*shakes head*

Kim

What about Sammi

She never did get back to her, poor girl.

G

Another good chapter.

No one expects ... No, correction, we all expect ... the next ephisode of Bike. (Great expectations.)

Pleased to see the return of the blue light despite all the lamentable denials by our heroine.

Thanks for keeping them coming Ang, I jus' dont know how you do it.

Hug.

OXOXOX

Bev.

bev_1.jpg

Plot Line

What would Cathy acknowledging the blue light and the goddess do to the plot line? Ang knows and will take us where she will. Keep faith and don't force issues.

Much Love,

Valerie R

Well at one point she will simply have to

Simple human rationality would demand it.

The fun part will be HOW it comes about. I have suspicions already but will not mention it.

But then the question comes, what will that do to the story line?

Well in a way it will provide a new direction for Cathy. No, I do not expect her to become a religious fanatic, that would be in no way congruent with who she is.

OTOH, it could open up battles in the supernatural realm which she has effectively shuttered herself from. With great power comes great responsibility bla bla bla. As an acknowledged agent of Power, she will likely draw opponents who may sense her Power. I am surprised that has not already happened already. By acknowledging her power, she will be more capable of using it for her defense.

Currently she is working on a relatively mundane sub rosa level of power but when she can truly use her blue light in a complementary fashion, well, look out.

This has been hinted at for a number of Bike episodes already.

Kim

Kim

Just a thought

I appreciate that Cathy, as a scientist has a problem with the Blue Light Perhaps it can be explained by comparing reality to Quantum Physics. Subatomic matter can sometime behave like a particle or a wave depending on the situation. Why cannot humans be the same, capable of reality and other realms of consciousness at the same time, or is that just magic.

Just a thought.

Love to All

Anne G.