Easy As Falling Off A Bike part 9

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Off A Bike,
by Angharad,
part 9.

Eventually the shenanigans on the floor stopped, Stella helped me to my knees and then to my feet. I felt extremely stupid and embarrassed and was blushing like a stop light. Simon still lay on the floor convulsed with laughter, Stella was also chuckling. She looked at me seriously for a moment and said, "Now you've lain with him you'll have to marry him." This brought a further fit of guffaws from the floor and she dissolved into giggles at her own joke.

Sadly, I didn't find it very funny just managing another pulse of blushing. I was so embarrassed, I didn't know where to look, certainly not at Simon, who was still prone and laughing. He was wiping his eyes where the tears of laughter had flowed. I had tears in my eyes too, but not of laughter. I wished I had a car, I could have gone home, but a broken bike and high heeled boots - no way, nor could I afford a taxi. I was therefore stuck with my two hosts until one or other took me home.

I walked away and sat down, I'd helped myself to a couple of tissues from Stella's bedroom and I dabbed at my eyes and wiped my nose. Simon stood up at last, he noticed me weeping and came over too me.

"Hey beautiful, don't cry," he said holding on to both my wrists.

"I feel so stuuuuuuuuuuupid," I wailed, I could cry as well as any natural woman.

"It was an accident, nobody's hurt and no damage has been done." He patted me on the shoulder, "Come on, dry those tears."

"I feel such a foooooooool!" I said before blowing my nose. I expected the mascara to be all down my face by now.

"Honestly, you're not. Well you can't be, you're doing a master's, so dry those eyes and tidy yourself up, I'll go and shower and change and we'll all go out for dinner."

"I can't go out for dinner," I wailed, the tears flowing again, "I haven't got any money with me."

"You're my guest, my treat," he smiled at me, "Come on girl, calm down before you get hiccups." How did he know that?

He rose and went to shower, Stella came over to me, "I'm sorry we laughed, but it was so funny. we weren't laughing at you, just the silliness of the situation."

"I found it embarrassing, not at all funny."

"You certainly made an impact on Simon," she said smiling.

"Yes quite literally," I said almost absent-mindedly, thinking, she'll be wanting to kill me messing about with her fiance. "It was an accident, I wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea," I said trying to avoid any jealous reaction.

"Wrong idea?" she looked puzzled.

"Well he is your fiance," I said expressing my surmise.

"Fiance?" she said loudly, "Good Lord no, he's my brother."

"Oh! But I thought you said about a fiance and I thought it must be him and now I've made an even bigger fool of myself and wish I was dead..."

"Cathy, stop!" she said loudly enough to halt my monologue.

"What?" I looked at her in surprise.

"You don't have to make apologies or justify anything, okay? Nobody thinks you're stupid, it was an accident, we had a laugh and now it's finished, okay?"

"But I..."

"No, stop, stop right there. It's finished now let's get your make up sorted and I'll lend you a coat or jacket and we'll go for something to eat, after which Simon can take you home."

"What about my bike?"

"We can put that in the boot, he's got a big Volvo thing."

"But I don't have any money with me," I protested.

"He's already answered that, he's taking us out for dinner and don't worry he's not short of a bob or two."

"But I like to pay my own way," I protested and it was true. I didn't want to be indebted to anyone, least of all strangers.

"You're too emancipated girl, you've got to learn how to make use of your looks. Men are all putty in the hands of a pretty girl."

"But I'm not, am I?" I felt embarrassed by the charade I was being almost forced to play.

"He doesn't know that and what his eyes don't see his heart won't grieve over."

"But I'm deceiving him," I complained.

"Only with the bit between your legs, otherwise you're all girl."

"I don't know if I can do this?" I said feeling very frightened.

"If you don't then he'll want to know why."

"Maybe I should tell him."

"Why? Why spoil his evening? Once we sort out the damage to your bike.."

"But you said you weren't insured," I was more confused than ever.

"I am, but not on my own policy, it's all done through Simon, it's his car. That's why I couldn't do anything until he came in, he's got all the paperwork."

"Oh!" I leant back in the chair and the relief felt palpable, at least it looked as if my bike would be sorted.

"Better now?" Stella stood beside me, her head crooked at an angle.

"A bit," I confessed, "but I'm terrified about going out in public like this."

"No worries, once we get your face cleaned up, no one will know anything other than you're a pretty young thing."

"But what if they do?"

"How will they, unless you go in the gents loo or something."

"But I've never been out in public like this before." It wasn't strictly true, but Stella didn't know it.

"Well it's about bloody time you did then, so get upstairs and I'll help you sort your face."

Stella was not going to brook any dissent from me and she practically frog-marched me up the stairs and redid my make up. Then while I was sat on the chair in her bedroom, she began stripping off. I felt my eyes widen and my mouth open. "Do you want me to leave?" I offered, although I didn't want to go.

"Don't be silly, girls watch each other change all the time. No you can stay and talk to me."

I watched as she disrobed to her bra and panties, she sorted through her wardrobe and pulled out a navy blue dress which fitted her like a glove. She had a splendid figure, especially compared to mine. "You look lovely," I told her.

"Why thank you Cathy, you look pretty good yourself."

"Only because of your skills," I threw back.

"Nuh uh," she protested, "I only enhanced what was there, the raw material is good. Here have a squirt," she handed me a bottle of Opium eau de toilette.

"Oh, I like that," I said smelling my wrists.

"And a bit down your cleavage," she said pointing at my chest, "It'll get Simon going, he loves it."

"Oh," I blushed, not sure if I wanted to get him going or anybody else for that matter,

"You two ready yet?" called Simon from downstairs.

"Nearly," replied Stella, "Come on, let's find you a jacket and a bag," with that she scoured her wardrobe for the required items.

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Raving extrovert!

Somebody please check the asylum, there's been an escape. Cathy is the sanest one of the group, and knowing the authoress, that's not saying much!

Karen J.

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Anonymous


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

It is only a story Li'l Sis,

Angharad's picture

It is only a story Li'l Sis, I know you have problems with reality, but it is clearly labelled as fiction. 8-)

Have you taken your pills today?
Hugs,
A

Angharad

You love cliffhangers, don't you?

Awwwwww, finished again. Angharad, your episodes seem always too short.
Each episode is like a very delicous praline, delicious but always not enough. *giggle*

I hate to repeat myself, but i can hardly wait for the next installment.

( Maybe I got addicted to that story. May I never been cured from it :) )

Love and hugs

Saphira
--
>> There is not one truth only out there. <<

--
>> There is not one single truth out there. <<

Like Pulling Teeth

I sometimes wonder if Angharad, like certain other authors I could name, does this deliberate 'go slow' just to keep me awake at night. I think that I could travel halfway around the world in the time that Cathy takes to go from one wild thought to another.

Perhaps it's meant to be a lesson in patience: I don't do patience very well, maybe it's my age!

Good story, though, even if it is set in a madhouse. Isn't it?

Susie

loose nuts & squirrels

Dear Karen I must say what a ride on this part of the story, I am enjoying the story, and had a good laugh .. Brother and Sister ?????????????
really ??? I feel a plot twist coming up ..a 1 way,, a 2 way ,, a 3 way,, plot twist. I think me and the other nuts should run for higher ground me thinks the squirrel wars are about to start . thank you keep up the great work
Lovingly Yours
Christi

Did I miss something?

Was there a chapter 8? Six ends with her about to reach the bottom of the stairs and then the next chapter is 9 and it has her haing fallen on Simon....

Janice the perplexed and often confused....

Part 8?

erin's picture

Is back in it's correct spot. Sorry about that.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Behind the scenes appreciation.

Angharad's picture

Thanks for sorting that, I do appreciate the work you put in behind the scenes, without which people like me couldn't annoy the readership with our ramblings.
Angharad.

Angharad

Liking the story a lot

You may be surprised I'm only this far, but I don't have much time to read on the internet...

I like the story quite a bit. Hopefully I'll have a day when I can just sit down and catch up.

Quaint expressions

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

“He’s already answered that, he’s taking us out for dinner and don’t worry he’s not short of a bob or two.”

Is there really anywhere that someone can go out to eat these days for two bob? Even if it were in the old money, when a “bob” was 12p? ;}

“Well it’s about bloody time you did then, so get upstairs and I’ll help you sort your face.”

Goodness, can I relate! There have been times so miserable that my features felt all in disarray, too! Let’s see…eyes go under the brows, nose just below, mouth just below that… XD

Actually

Angharad's picture

a bob was worth 12d.

Angharad

Oh! Okay...

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

At least I got the amount right, and I still don’t suppose it will take anyone out to eat? XD

A bit off topic, but I can share a funny Stateside inflation story. Some years back, our mint introduced the Susan B. Anthony commemorative “silver” dollar. A news commentator observed that, in physical size, it was somewhere between a quarter and a half-dollar piece. “Which makes sense,” he quipped, “as the dollar is worth about thirty-five cents, these days.”

back to the beginning...

I am already caught in this story with thousands of chapters to go.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors