If Emotions Were Colors

Printer-friendly version

What if emotion were colors?
What if a tear could turn your whole body blue?

What if a smile could turn you yellow?
And a laugh into pink?

What if lonely was a deep purple?
And hopeless was grey?

Joy could be gold,
And green would be apathy.

I wonder, then, would people still ignore it?
Would they be able to ignore depression?

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Feeling very blue today...

Andrea Lena's picture

...thank you for putting words to how I feel!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Hugs

I'm sorry you feel blue. Is there anything I can do to help?

I think I would be plaid

because I'm a bunch of mixed up emotions all at once.

DogSig.png

Is there a colour

for contentment? I wouldn't say that I was happy but I'm far from sad.

I guess 'content' describes the way I feel at the moment and,the older I get, the more contented I feel.

Susie

Pale Gold

To me contentment is a form of joy.

Haven't been there is a long time, but I'm trying.

To me joy is bubbly

I don't recall ever experiencing joy.

I'm neither happy nor unhappy. That's the best that life has to offer me; its either 'put up with it' or 'woe is me'. I count my blessings; there are many people much worse off than I am.

Susie

I hear your pain.

I lived there for many years. At the moment, I am very joyful because my sweet young friend, Josie just gotHer first job. She is 23 and 6 months into transition and at the moment is over the moon happy.

I am, at this time in my life, 14 yrs post transition, usually quite serene and happy but it took work to get here. I truly had to learn that,"Acceptance is the answer to all of my problems." Don't need to like what is just need to accept it for what it is then deal.

However, I think my biggest secret is that I am just too damned old to give a sh*t!

If Emotions Were Colors

You raise interesting questions

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Point well taken.

Having this be the case you would not be able to hide from your self what you are really feeling.

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif