Jessica's Journey - Part 13

Printer-friendly version

--SEPARATOR--

Jessica’s Journey

 Sequel to Andrews Dilemma

 By, Cain129

Part 13

--SEPARATOR--

Synopsis:   After reading her essay, Jessica felt emotionally exhausted, reading it had been helpful to a small extent but had also opened old wounds. It forced her to re-evaluate her life and the direction that it was headed. All of her life, she had put everyone’s happiness before her own and it had almost cost her her life. She no longer had that luxury. She needed to find a way to stand on her own two feet. She just didn’t want to be afraid anymore, but in doing so, she might have lost the man that she loved.

--SEPARATOR--

Chapter 40

 

 

Those words coming from Scotty hurt worse than anything I had ever experienced before. I thought that he loved me, was I just being stupid? I was unable to stop crying, so with shaking hands I reached into my purse and found my cellphone. I called home, but there was no answer. As I started walking, I thought nothing could make this day worse. Not even a few minutes later, it started pouring down. Within minutes I was completely soaked.

God Dammit, I said to myself as I continued walking. Luckily I wasn’t very far from home, but the distance really didn’t matter anymore, considering I was already soaked to the bone. As I walked home, my emotions were running wild. If it hadn’t been for the rain, I’m sure that everyone could have seen that I‘d been crying most of the walk home.

I didn’t want to end things with Scotty. I knew that I had to stand firm, it was the only way for me to really find myself. My life wasn’t all that bad. I had everything a girl would want, except the one thing that matter most: self-respect. I’d been beaten so badly over the years, and the emotional scars were sitting just under the surface, waiting for a chance to push me over that invisible line. If that happened I knew that there might be no more second chances.

I used to think that being a girl would solve all of my problems, and I would finally be happy, but that wasn’t the case. Sure, my mind and body finally matched, and I felt like a real human being. Still, no matter how hard I tried to bury the pain, it found ways to make it back up to the surface.

  I couldn’t even get a decent night’s sleep without Scotty at my side and the nightmare just kept coming back. In them I was helpless and always the victim and could do nothing to fight back.

When I would finely wake up I was soaking wet from sweat, I just wanted to have a decent night’s sleep without depending on others to make me feel protect. I should never have done that report, that was just another thing I did to please others and once again it was at my own expense.

I felt like the preverbal bug lying on the ground just waiting for someone to come along and stomped on me. Once again I listened to Jennifer and my teacher and caved in knowing full well that reading it would end up rehashing old wounds.

Why couldn’t I have just said no, instead of caving it once again!   I put others needs ahead of my own, now look at me I am an emotional basketcase.

I really wasn’t in a good place emotionally and didn’t really know what I wanted to do, was I even strong enough to deal with all the pain I had inside me, I knew that either way I would soon find out. I knew one thing though if I was going to heal it meant that I would have to do things I didn’t really want to do.

 

[-][+][-]

 

By the time I arrived home, I was a complete mess and to made matters worse, I couldn’t stop shaking. As I tried to get my keys out of my purse and open the door, I kept dropping them and I could feel the anger building up inside me once again.

Eventually I managed to get the key inside of the lock and opened the door.   At the moment I was the only one home, and I headed straight to my room. I started undressing quickly, my clothes were soaked right down to my bra and panties.

  After I dried off and changed into some warm clothes, I headed to the kitchen to grab a can of coke. I opened the door and saw Mom’s wine cooler in the fridge. I said fuck it, and poured myself a glass and also grabbed a can of coke, then headed back to my room closing and locking the door behind me.

I just wanted to stop feeling anything, at least for a while I thought, as I opened my bottle of nerve pills and downed 2 of them with the wine cooler. I went over and lay down on my bed, so angry at myself and everyone else. I wondered if this was how my birth mother felt, as I downed the wine cooler.

  It didn’t take long before the results of mixing my pills with the wine took effect, and I started to calm down.   Before long I was in a deep sleep.

 

[-][+][-]

 

After he arrived at work, Scotty felt terrible. He had never really been in love before. Everything was perfect between the two of them just a few days ago. He just couldn’t understand what was going on, and why she would want to walk away from what the two of them shared.

None of it made any sense at all. Sure, a lot had happened in the past few months to her, but she was dealing with it, wasn’t she?   Scotty didn’t know what to think anymore.   What scared him the most was if he gave her the space she needed, would she still want him?

Maybe he was being a jerk, but he didn’t want to risk losing her to someone else, he just wondered why things had to change.

“Scotty, get your head out of your ass and get back to work!”   His manager, Mike, told him. He noticed that something wasn’t right with Scotty.

“Sorry Mike,” Scotty said, and he grabbed a broom and started sweeping.

“Let me guess, woman troubles?” Mike said with a smile.

“Lots of trouble, but yeah, women are on the top of the list,” Scotty said sadly.

“Mike, has a woman ever said she wants to take a break with you?” Scotty said, frowning.

“Nope, but usually if they do it’s a bad sign,” Mike said looking over at Scotty.

“That’s what I’ve been thinking. My girlfriend has been though a lot lately, and today she says that she needs space to work through things. When I disagreed, she said we should take a break. Women, I can’t figure them out.” Scotty said in frustration.

“Welcome to the real world Scotty. Let me tell you something, as far as women go, you’ll never understand, they’re devious creatures.” Mike said with a smile.

“Give her some space, let her think things out, then call her Scotty. Just don’t wait too long, otherwise someone else is likely to make a move first.” Mike said with a smile, “Now get back to work, ya lazy good for nothin’,” he said, laughing.

 

[-][+][-]

 

 

Meanwhile back at the Tanner’s, Jessica is awakened by banging on her door. “Dammit, what?” she screamed at the door.

“Jessica it’s me, can I come in?” Megan asked, sounding worried.

“No, I want to be alone,” I said sadly.

“Please Jessica, let me inside. I’m worried about you.” Megan said, with worry in her voice.

“Alright,” I said, and went over and unlocked the door. “There, it’s open.” I said and returned to my bed.

Megan came inside and took a seat on the bed next to me. “What’s going on Jessica?” Megan asked.

“What are you referring to? Quitting Cheerleading, breaking up with Scotty, or just being sick and tired of everything?” I said sarcastically.

“Jessica, it’s not that bad. You just need to calm down.” Megan said frowning.

I looked at her. “Why don’t you try walking in my shoes for a few days, before telling me I need to calm down. You don’t understand things that I am going though-none of you do.”

“Try getting 2 hours sleep a night, and see how it affects you. I’d gladly give you my nightmares if I could but I’m afraid you’ll have to find your own, because mine never leave! My life freaking sucks, Megan.” i   said, full of rage

“Jessica, I know you have been through a lot, but destroying everything that you worked so hard to get makes no sense. Yes, I can understand cheerleading, but why would you break up with Scotty? It just doesn’t seem to make sense, Jessica.” Megan said frustrated

“Megan, I’m capable of make choices for myself, and just because they don’t seem right to others doesn’t mean that I’m making a mistake. “

“Scotty blew up at me because I quit cheerleading. He’s mad because I chose to do something for myself, rather than remain a cheerleader so I could be there for him at the games. I understand that he wants me there to support him, but the truth is I need to start working on myself. That means seeing my therapist and attending meetings and doing things that will make me feel better about myself.“

“People think that all of my problems were solved, just because I got my wish and became a woman. My problems aren’t gone, Megan. There are times when I look in the mirror that I hate the person looking back at me, and then all those years of abuse and being kidnapped? None of this stuff is going to just go away because I wish that it would.

“The only way things like this go away is if you stop running and fight. That’s what I am trying to do. If people can’t understand that than that’s their problem.” I said looking over at Megan.

“Jessica, I’m only trying to help, you’re my sister and I love you.”

“I know Megan, and if there were a way you could help I would let you, but this is something I need to do for myself. I hope you can understand that.”

“Really, I don’t understand, but you’re my sister and if you need someone to talk I am here.”   Megan said reaching over and giving me a hug. “So is it really over between you and Scotty?”

“I don’t know Megan, it’s up to him.” I said, frowning.

“Give him some time Jessica. I’m sure that once he calms down, he’ll come to his senses. If he doesn’t, then it’s his loss. There are plenty of other guys out there.”

“I know Megan, but there’s only one guy I want, and right now he’s mad at me.”

“God, love can really suck.” I said, looking over at Megan.

“Yeah, it sure can.” Megan said with a sigh. “Feel like drowning your sorrows in a bowl of rocky road?” Megan asked with a smile.

“Sure, ice-cream is the answer to all life’s little problems.” I said as the two of us headed for the kitchen

As the two of us made our way into the kitchen I thought to myself that it felt good to finally vent my feelings, even if it was at the expense of my sister.

 

 

[-][+][-]

 

Chapter 41

 

 

Megan and I were busy laying waste to the what was left of the container of ice-cream when Mom arrived. As she made her way inside, she was carrying 4 bags in her hands. “Girls, I could use some help,” Mom said from the living room.

“Coming, Mom,” the two of us chimed together.

Between Megan and me the two of us were able to carry the remaining bags inside and into the kitchen, where we found Mom already busy sorting and putting things away.

“Thanks girls,” Mom said, then looked over at the table and saw the empty ice-cream container. ”Alright which one of you is having a bad day this much ice cream can only mean one thing.”

“Jessica had a meltdown”, Megan said frowning.

  “Want to talk about it honey?” Mom said, concerned.

  “I think that I’m beyond talking about it Mom. Let’s just say I’m no longer a cheerleader, and as of today I’m officially single.”

“Megan can you give your sister and I some privacy? The two of us need to have a talk.”

”Sure Mom, but I don’t think it’s going to make a difference, she’s made up her mind.”

 

[-][+][-]

 

After Megan left, Mom took a seat across from me. “Alright Jessica, what happened?”

“It’s been coming for a while now, Mom. I think it was that damn essay that put me over the edge. I didn’t really want to read it aloud. I knew what it was going to do to me, but everyone kept pushing, saying that reading it was for my own good.”

“Whenever I hear those words, it’s for you own good, why does everything that’s for my own good always have to hurt?” I said, frustrated tears building.

“I was worried this would happen, how are you doing really, Jessica?” Mom asked, a concerned, worried look on her face.

“Mom, I just don’t know, but I’m not going to sit around and pretend that everything’s alright anymore. I might get 2-3 hours’ sleep a night, and not a night goes by that I’m not awakened by those stupid nightmares! They just don’t want to go away, Mommy, and I am tired of being scared all the time. “

“Honey, we need to get you back in to see your doctor, and you’re right, things aren’t going to get better on their own.   You have to do the work, honey. Now, Jessica, what happened between you and Scotty?” Mom asked, sympathetically.

“I happened, Mom. He wasn’t happy that I quit cheerleading. Scotty wanted me to be there with him for the championships, and if I would have remained with the cheerleading squad, I would be going away with him on road trips and other events.

I tried to explain to him why I couldn’t be there, Mom. I told him I just needed time to start working on myself, but he was so mad at me. He wouldn’t listen to what I had to say, and in the end I said maybe the two of us taking a break would be best.

He completely lost it, Mom and said that he was going to find another girlfriend. I was just so upset and he just drove off, leaving me at the boys and girls club.”

“Jessica, I think that taking a break right now is likely the best thing for the both of you. I know it’s hard, but you need time to heal and maybe being apart will make that easier.”

“I think so too, Mom. I have to start seeing my therapist more, and I need to start going to my meetings. It’s the only way that I am going to be able to move forward. “

“I think that you’re on the right path, Jessica. Now if you will just stick with it. So what were you doing at the boys and girls club.”

“There was a bulletin at school that they were offering self-defence classes. I thought maybe it would help me deal with things. The teacher didn’t think it would help, but is willing to take me on as a full time student.” I said looking at Mom.

“What will this cost us, Jessica?”

“It’s not going to cost us anything Mom, in exchange   for him teaching me, I’ll be working at the dojo, when I don’t have doctors’ appointments, anyway.

“You talked to him about what was going on, and why you wanted the training?” Mom asked, surprised.

“I didn’t have to, he figured it out on his own. I guess the bruises were a dead giveaway. “

“Jessica, it’s a good idea, just try not to put too much on your plate, at least not for a while.”

“I won’t, something tells me between school and everything else I will have plenty to do as it is.” I said. “Can you give me a ride into town tonight Mom? I want to do a meeting.”

“Sure honey, and I think it would be a good idea to take you to get your licence, so that you can get to and from your appointments without having to depend on us.”

“I’d like that Mom, but I still can’t drive alone, even with my young driver’s certificate.”

“Sure you can, just drive carefully and no speeding.   That’s a stupid rule anyway, your father and I were both driving when we were your age.”

 

[-][+][-]

 

Kelly decided that it was time for her to make another appearance, While they were in the coffee shop earlier, a bug had been placed under Adrian’s car. it wasn’t any good for hearing what was being said inside of his car, because of the noise that came from the motor, but it had a small GPS Chip inside of it which allowed John and Kelly to keep track of his location.

“How do I look John?” Kelly asked.

“John looked at her, then gave her a slap across the face, taking her by surprise. It wasn’t really hard enough to do any damage, he didn’t want to really hurt her after all.

Sorry Kelly, but he’s seen us this morning and you didn’t have any marks. We need to make it look like someone is beating you. Use a little light makeup, it will look like you’re trying to hide it.”

“Next time you hit me like that, you may find my knee gently kicking as hard as I can between your legs,” Kelly said, just a little pissed off. “Who the hell trained you John, Inspector Clouseau?

“Hmm…. So you are a little lamb who has come to Clouseau for to learn.” John said, using an extremely bad French accent.

“God help me, if Rocco doesn’t kill you, I just might.” Kelly said looking at her slightly insane partner and shaking her head.

“Without warning, I will attack you. In this way, I will keep you vigilant and alert.“ John said, continuing to use that god-awful French accent.

“I better leave, before I accidentally discharge my firearm.” Kelly said with a smile, then headed out the door as quickly as she could.

 

 

[-][+][-]

 

After Kelly checked on Adrian’s location, she found he was a few blocks away from the coffee shop, in a restaurant called Dino’s. It was a little run down business that was most likely a front of some kind, Kelly thought as she walked the short distance.

It was around 5:30 pm, when she arrived and made her way inside.   She took a look at the menu, they had 2 pieces of Pizza and a soft drink for $4.50. Before leaving the apartment, she had grabbed a pile of change to make it look she had very little money.

As she ordered she noticed an older man, who must have been the manager, staring at her. He didn’t come over or anything. He was must likely noticing the bruises that were on her face thanks to her partner, Inspector Clouseau, she thought to herself.

After paying for her order she took a seat at one of the empty tables. At first there was no sign of Adrian, and she wondered if she had missed him. Kelly was surprised, thinking that for such a dive they sure did make good pizza. She took a bite and felt a light pain from where John had hit her.

She thought that she would have to find a way to thank her father for partnering her with this oddball. To be honest, she liked John. He was nothing like she expected, and always fun to be around. Kelly just kept her eyes open and listened, hoping that she heard something, but there was way too much noise in the restaurant, especially from the staff.

As she was finishing off her last slice of pizza, she saw Adrian walking out of the kitchen carrying a stack of pizzas; he was followed by another man carrying a plastic bag with what looked like 2 litre bottles of pop out to his car. When he passed me, he turned and the two of us locked eyes and he looked at me a little closer.

“I know you, you were at the coffee shop this morning, did your father do this to you?” Adrian asked, staring at the bruising.

“No, I just took a fall,” I said, turning away from his gaze.

“That’s funny, it looks more like a slap then the kind of bruising you would get from a fall. Take it from someone that knows, protecting your father is a mistake. You should go to the cops before he takes things too far.” Adrian said with a look of concern.

“I’ll be alright; I’m not going home for a while,” I said sadly.

“Waiting for him to pass out, are you?” Adrian said frowning.

“Yeah, something like that.” I said, finishing off the last of my pizza.

“I don’t normally do this, but is there somewhere I can drop you off at, like a family member?” Adrian asked out of concern.

“Not really, it’s just my father and I, my mom ran off years ago.” Kelly said as she tried to remember the loss of her own mother.

“I could use a lift to Main and Dufferin, if that wouldn’t be a problem.” Kelly said trying to keep the conversation going.

“Sure, I’m going past there, let’s get going, Kid.” Adrian said

“My name is Tessa, and thanks for the ride.” Kelly said with a smile.

“I’m Adrian, nice to meet you Tessa” he said with a smile.

 

[-][+][-]

 

Once the two of them were in his car, Adrian and “Tessa” drove off. Adrian turned to her. “You’re new to the area, where are you from?” Adrian asked, looking over in her direction.

“My father and I travel around a lot, we were living in Halifax NS, for the last year, well, until he got laid off, then we moved here, he said there would be better work opportunities.” she said, looking over at Adrian

“There are lots of jobs around, provided your father sobers up. If he is anything like he was this morning, I don’t see him finding and holding a job. My father was the same way, he was an angry, abusive drunk, and I couldn’t wait to get out from under his thumb.” Adrian said looking just a little angry.

“That’s a shame, do you ever see him?” She asked, looking over at Adrian.

“He died a few years after I left home from cirrhosis of the liver. He basically drank himself to death and died alone, living in a rundown rooming house.” Adrian said sadly.

“That couldn’t have been easy for you.” Kelly said, actually feeling bad for Adrian.

“The truth of the matter was, I hated my father and because of the abuse I suffered at his hands, I was happy to see him gone.   To be honest, I’d like to line up every one of those asshole that are just like him and shot every single one of them, including your father.” Adrian said with a frown.

“But that’s not the person I am anymore, Remember one thing Tessa, it’s never too late to change your life for the better and sometimes that means putting yourself first, and leaving a bad situation.” Adrian said with a smile.

“Why all the pizza Adrian, are you going to a party?”

“You could say that Tessa, it’s for a group of kids that have been going through a rough time, kind of like yourself.” Adrian said with a smile.

A few minutes later they arrived at her stop. “Well, this is it, Tessa. if you ever need to talk, I’m at the coffee shop every morning, but just bring yourself. I can’t guarantee your fathers safety, he’s too much like my own father.” Adrian said, then waved goodbye as he drove off.

As Adrian drove off Kelly couldn’t help but wonder, was this man really the monster that he was made out to be? He seemed to actually care about her, but she had a mission and had to follow the facts, this man was a stone cold killer when he had to be and giving the right conditions would kill again. She thought to herself.

Chapter 42

 

After about a half an hour’s drive Mom and I arrived at the church where my meeting was being held. I would catch the bus back when I was done.   “See you later, Jessica.” Mom said before driving off.

I waved goodbye and started walking toward the entrance. There was a group of woman and even some girls around my age, standing around out front talking with each other and smoking, which seemed to be a normal routine at these meetings.

I felt a little out of place, considering that I didn’t really know anyone there, but as I made my way into the building everyone was friendly and welcomed me with open arms.

After making my way inside and looking around I did see one friendly face.   It was my birth mother and when she saw me she came running over and met me with a big hug.” Jessica, I am so glad to see you, how have you been doing?” Mom asked as the two of us took a seat next to one another.

“I’ve been better, Mom, things have just gone straight to hell on Me.” I said frustrated.

“Well you are in the right place honey; would you like to talk about it?” Mom asked, looking concerned.

 

[-][+][-]

 

This side of my mother was something I didn’t expect all of my life she was never there for me and here she was making an effort and trying to build a bridge between the two of us.

  I thought about all those months back, when I told her that if she wanted to have a relationship with me, she would have to get help and rebuild her own life.

I could see she had kept her word this wasn’t the mother I knew this was someone different.

I looked over at her, “After the meeting, do you want to grab a coffee? I think the two of us need to talk things out, you made a promise to me in the hospital and have kept your word to me.   It’s time the two of us start working out our problems. “

“I would like that Jessica,” Mom said and put her arm around me.

“It seemed that Mom knew most of the woman in the group and spent about 15 minute introducing me as her daughter. It was a weird experience, but there was a part of me that was happy. I knew that the two of us would never be as close as Janice and I were, but there was hope for the two of us.”

“Just before the meeting started a girl took a seat beside me, she looked a little nervous and I could really relate. I looked over at her and smiled. “Hi, I am Jessica, I’m new here too.” I said with a smile.

“I’m Tessa, how did you know this was my first meeting?” Tessa said with a frown.

“You had the deer in the headlights look, the same one I had when I arrived.” I said with a smile.

“I was lucky, if my Mom hadn’t been here, I would’ve felt completely lost. Tessa, this is my mom, Janet.” I said, referring to the woman sitting next to me.

“Hi Tessa, it’s nice to meet you. Just try to make yourself comfortable and remember you don’t have to speak unless you are ready to, and that goes for you too, Jessica.” Mom said with a smile.

Mom and I talked with Tessa, for a few minutes, before the meeting started. The design of the meeting was for everyone to sit around a circle and take turns talking and there was a reading from a book before we started and that was to be the topic of the meeting, but everyone was free to talk about what was actually on their mind.

I was surprised that Mom passed, but I think she was doing it so I would have a chance to talk. I really didn’t know what to say, the topic was on acceptance and to be honest there was a part of me that didn’t want to accept any of this.

Hi my name is Jessica, and I am a child of abuse”.

“Hi Jessica, everyone replied”

“To be honest there is a part of me that just wants to get up and leave but I have been trying to deal with everything on my own and it just isn’t working.   I used to think if I had the perfect family, good friends and someone that cared for me, it would be enough to make me happy, but I had all that and I wasn’t happy because it never killed the pain.

For the longest while I thought that I was dealing with my problem, because I was seeing my doctor and did a couple of meetings, but I was in denial. I was still running and started depending on other people to take care of me.   I think the hardest thing is the freaking nightmares. They haunt me every night to the point where I only get a few hours of sleep, and because of it I feel miserable all day.

I just got back from a weekend camping trip with friends and slept like a baby the whole time, the only reason that I slept and didn’t have the nightmares was because boyfriend was holding me and I felt safe in his arms. I am tired of being scared all the time and needing other people to protect me.

I just want to be like every other teenage girl but that’s impossible, I will never be normal, and I can blame my parents for that but I am done playing that game. Yes I was abused, yes I am a victim, but I have a choice to continue feeling sorry for myself or I can find a way to live with it.

Today I quit cheerleading and I think my boyfriend and me are finished, but that’s up to him. I had to make a choice and put my recovery first, which meant I needed to learn to stand on my own two feet and stop depending on other people to make me happy. The only way I can do that is by seeing my therapist and attending meetings.

In some ways I am lucky. My mother and I are both attending meetings and some of them are together like tonight, and I think the two of us will benefit from being here together. I’ve already seen a big change in her between now and when she was in the hospital and I am proud of you, Mom.   That’s really all I have to say, thanks for listening.” I said with a smile.

Tessa was the next in line to speak, but she chose to pass. As I looked over at her, she looked a little upset. I reached over and took her hand. “It’s alright Tessa, when you’re ready, it will be easier.” I said handing her a tissue from my purse.

“Thanks, Jessica”, She said as she wiped the tears away from her eyes. “You’re not the only one with the nightmares, I have the nightmares too Jessica.” Tessa said sadly.

 

[-][+][-]

 

After the meeting Tessa and I talked for a few minutes and I found out she had just moved to town. She was living with her father, and the two of them had moved here from Halifax, NS. I also found out that she was going to be attending the same school that I was, so the two of us exchanged numbers and agreed to meet up at lunchtime and I would introduce her to the gang.

After saying goodbye, Mom and I headed over to where she had parked. She clicked the button on her keychain and I heard a loud beeping noise, and the sound of a clicking. Mom smiled. “This is my baby,” referring to the grey Saturn that was next to us.

After climbing inside the car, Mom put it into drive and before long the two of us had arrived at a Starbucks that was nearby. After ordering, we found a quiet table towards the back of the restaurant.

“Thanks for what you said at the meeting, it means a lot to me. It hasn’t been an easy road for either one of us, but I think that you know that already better than anyone.” Mom said wiping a tear from her eyes.

“Yes I do, Mom, and I am proud of you for not giving up. Sometimes though, giving up seems easier.”

“It may be easier Jessica, but take it from someone that knows, hiding from your problems doesn’t help.   People rarely change unless they have no other choice.

I just don’t want to see you make the same mistakes that I made, Jessica. You’re a beautiful young woman with your whole life ahead of you, and what you do now will determine how your life turns out.”

“Just so you know, I wouldn’t worry too much about Scotty, honey. He loves you, I maybe a terrible judge of men, but even a blind man could see that he’s crazy over you.  

“I really don’t know what happened between the two of you, but while people say woman are moody, men can be just as bad when they don’t get their own way, Jessica.”

“Whatever happens, follow your heart, put your recovery first and always remember that I love you, Jessica.” Mom said, reaching over and taking my hand.

“I love you too, Mommy,” I said, feeling my eyes starting to tear up. All of my life I had wanted to hear those words from her, and within seconds the both of us were hugging one another.

“Jessica, are you happy living with the Tanners?” Mom asked, frowning.

“Yes, I’m part of the family now, and I wouldn’t trade that for the world,” I said sadly. I knew that she wanted more than I was willing to give her.

“I sometimes think about fighting for you Jessica, but I know you are happy there and I don’t want to put you in the middle of another battle.” Mom said sadly.

“If you fought for me Mom, you’d lose because it would come down to what I want, and I would have to choose the Tanners.” I said. A part of me was glad that she even considered fighting for me.

“No matter what happens, you will always be my mother, and I want you in my life. I want us to spend more time together, but let’s just take things a day at a time and really get to know each other as a mother and daughter should. Believe me, I am not going anywhere Mommy.”

“Alright honey, I just want to be part of your life, nothing else matters to me, you’re all I have left and the only thing in my life that is worth fighting for.” Mom said with a smile.

 

[-][+][-]

 

After finishing our coffee, I told Mom that I had a bus to catch, but she would have none of that, and before long she was dropping me off at home.

“Thanks Mommy, I had good time tonight and it was nice to spend some time together outside of the meetings.” I said, leaning over and giving her a hug and kiss

“Me too, baby, let’s not wait so long next time.” Mom said hugging me and giving me a kiss in return.

“I love you, Mommy!” I said climbing out of her car and closing the door behind me.

“I love you too, sweetheart,” Mom said just before driving off.

 
 

End of part 13

To be continued in part 14

up
119 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Jessica's Journey - Part 13

Can't help but wonder about Tessa and Jessica meeting and how it will affect the ongoing investigation into Rocco

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Jessica os npw

Renee_Heart2's picture

on the road to recovery. I hope things betweem her her mother, & Scotty improve.

As for Kelly aka Tessa she is now in the meeting like the plan started but her metting Jessca there I hope that dosen't blow things for her opp.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Great Story

What a freat story. The characters are great. I feel for Jessica, and hope you continue this story. You are a wonderfull writter and thank you.

I do hope to see more of the

I do hope to see more of the story in soon times.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Jessica

You have captured the essence of pain , this story is well written
still needs a ending thank you for this and God bless ..
xo rone wells

unfinished

lisa charlene's picture

another incomplete story getting really tired of this happening