My Super Secret Life...Potentials-6 The Start.

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life…Potentials-6 The Start.

Chapter 1

*Samantha Chase….

Things are actually busy and picking up with the whole Halo thing. I wake up feeling the headache form as my waking mind pulls signals in. You know how you focus as you wake up well I’m a psi-meta combo, a telemechanic. So like my eyes focusing in on my bedroom my powers are tuning into every signal around me.

God this sucks.

I really need to get my room shielded.

I get up stretch, scratch my itchy starting breasts. Go to the bathroom and pee, wash up, brush my teeth and I check myself out in the mirror and start going through my routine. Shower, shave…not my face I started early but my legs and underarms and then get dressed. Nice panties, and sports bra then body training running gear. Yeah the sneakers and the resistance top and pants and I head down stairs.

Breakfast is a shake, silken tofu, banana, avocado, vitamin and protein powder and whole milk. Yeah I’m going to run most of this off and stuff I dump blueberries in after it’s done and in my running cup I’ve got a big straw to suck them up like in those Asian bubble teas.

I head out at a run and start to filter out the signals, it’s actually great to do that running because my mind is focused on that and my running goes automatic and my body eats up the miles.

I do seven miles all the way to the Ark area and I head there usually to start training. I’m a legacy. Double Ark Angel parents. So I actually grew up in the middle of all of this. But I’m heading to Eden first for my breakfast but arriving I see up on one of the new buildings some kids up on some of the construction scaffolding.

I head over and I can sort of tell from here they can see the stuff going on with the protestors. I climb up and this very sleek looking guy…anthro but not offers me a hand up. Velvet thick and a little longer glossy, black fur, pointed ears like a Tolkien elf, yellow-golden eyes and claws, fangs…no snout but a human like face but a broader nose.

Fur that shiny short it shows off all his muscles like he was oiled. I’m not really thrown by the look I grew up with mutants, but damn…if he’s not fine.

“Thanks, I’m Samantha…but you can call me Sam.”

*Cody St.Pierre………..

“Uh…yeah you’re welcome.” she cute, really cute and sweaty…she smells good…but off. I’m not trained enough in scent stuff yet to really get what’s off. But the other two girls have it too but differently. I think, I think it’s not a girl thing because my mom and my sisters don’t have it.

But she smiled and she seems friendly. “I’m Cody.” I say back. I gotta speak softly because if I get like up into normal ranges I growl as I talk and that really sucks. I gotten see a speech doctor.

She blinks again and smiles at me. I’m not used to someone being nice. It’s been awhile. But people here are nice. I make room so she can see.

I was watching the stuff going on and honestly I’m a lot freaked. There’s a lot of people out there protesting us even having a place of our own. I’ve been here a bit longer than a week and it’s been kinda nice walking around like I used to. Not getting chased or having people wanting to skin me.

I look at Sam and she’s sweaty but she’s a stunner, I know it’s the work out clothes and the kinda sweaty bit too but she has this really toned body mixed with the whole girl next door thing.

Faith the Emo kid in the hoodie is why I came up here. She flew up here, well landed actually and we’ve been watching the stuff going on there. She’s been sitting doing that arms around their knees hugging themselves thing. She must have a job here helping out because I got whiffs of sawdust and paint and even tar from them.

I look over at Samantha and she’s frowning a bit as she’s sipping a shake…I can smell the blueberries but everything else is ick. “Scary stuff right?”

“Yeah and it’s getting worse by the sounds of it.”

“Sounds?” I listen. I’ve got seriously heightened senses but the whole thing is too far away. “I can’t hear them.”

“I can hear the radio chatter, both sides and the press transmissions.”

Faith speaks up voice cracking in and out. “So what’s going on?”

She takes a sip. They’re getting pissed that there some more busses coming in. The police are getting ready for the buses and the press are hamming it up.”

She get’s this shocked look and her shake drops from her hand…

“Sam? What you look like you’ve seen a ghost?”

She’s got tears already and closes her eyes. “No…not a ghost I just saw through a targeting system…someone’s locking onto the buses. I gotta tell dad and the others.”

She looks like she’s concentrating.

Faith get’s up and takes off flying towards the place. The other girl is pointing. “Too late…” We sort of watch as there’s these smoke streams heading to the bridge and the incoming busses…. Sam opens her eyes and reaches a hand out and the rockets sort of wobbled? But one out of a dozen out so went straight up and blew harmlessly…I look at Sam and she’s got a nose bleed and she almost pitches off the roof. I catch her and hold her while the other girl she nods to herself and her body changes as she goes like this big female body builder version of herself. “I’m going too.” Her voice was deepened by the change and she jumps the forty some feet to the ground and takes off running.

Shit…shit, what do I do?

*Quinn Jackson…AKA Karma……………

It wasn’t too long after the meeting at the hospital that I was moved. I’m now in Casa de Daystar where he lives with Saber his wife. I’ve got my own room and stuff with all these normal things. Even my own bathroom.

“Why do I need a bathroom of my own or a closet for my clothes if I’m like this?”

It was Sasha, that’s Saber’s real name who said. “You’ve got the ring, you can use most of this stuff in the ecto-form. This way you can do lots of things Quinn. Your own physic, chores, and going to classes.”

“I’m…I’m actually going to get to do all of that?”

“Yes…and training, and I’ll say this I’m agreeing with Chris. The stronger your powers get the more likely the chance of your own needs synching up to your bodies needs.”

“Huh?”

“You might be able to move your body again.”

“But…how?”

“Quinn there’s nothing wrong with your body, it’s either in your head as a result of the accident or it’s and off shoot of your powers. Either way we both think your possession powers will get to where you’ll be one with yourself again or will learn to.”

She kissed my cheek and headed out.

“Sasha?”

“Yes Quinn?”

“Thanks for this, for all of this…for taking me in…getting me out of the hospital…”

I start to cry and she comes over and lifts my head to her lap and holds me and let me cry like I hadn’t since I was little.

………………………………..Apparently as nice a woman as she is she does intend on me doing chores. I take out the garbage and help Aerin with the housework. Aerin’s Sasha’s daughter, she doesn’t talk…and I can feel energy bubbling in her…I saw her reading while she was ironing clothes with her hands…the book hovering in place. She’s got powers of some kind. Smart too, she’s got lots of books in her room like a library and she was reading something in Chinese.

……………………………….. Chris, He’s great he gets me out of my head. When he’s here and stuff he teaches me things. Like keyboard and guitar…he’s in a police rock band. I’m loving music because it takes not that much power to just sit and play but learning…it focuses me away from the other stuff.

Cooking…He’s not the cook of the family. Sasha is but there’s a lot of take out but he does three things really well. Grill on the BBQ, Make homemade pizzas, and pancakes.

I have clothes for my ecto-form, and this way I can go out.

The scary thing is the week I’ve bee here I’ve been out more than Aerin.

………………………………....That kind of leads to today.

I can still travel, well spirit travel and I’m drawn to the Super bridge….there’s so much fear and pain and anguish there it pulls me to it like a beacon. I don’t feel a call but it’s like going to a fire or a car pile up looking to help and not being able to not be there just in case.

Twice I’ve felt something scary? There’s this ancient movie called Harry Potter that’s a cult classic and there’s that snake one where it’s doing the whispering hissing thing. I hear that out there…faintly but it’s there.

I told Chris and Sasha and…

They took me seriously.

Chris taught me how to fill out a report…like for the AA’s. I have an Alias…an official Alias…Karma.

They asked me to keep looking.

And the sound is out there. In the crowd on he bridge, on the barges, even through some of the police and the military…I can feel some of the anger it stirs up but I can really feel it stirring up their fears…there’s more than one of them, and I’m actually on the bridge in the crowd of haters when I see it…

Smoke that sort of flows from shadow to shadow and into the person.

Someone like me but twisted?

I pursue it right up until it slips into the front of the crowd. The guy eyes shift to darkness for a second and he smiles and looks at me.

~Can you feel it? The anger, the fear, the hate?~

~Yes and we’re going to stop it.~

~You can’t stop nature cuteness.~

~Why are you doing this?~

~Fun…revenge…pleasure.~

~What are you?~

~You really but older, smarter…better….here it comes cuteness.~

~What?~

I don’t have time to really ask it any more things as the missiles hit coming out the sky as these white exo-suit armors are coming in…the helmets are sort of sculpted to look like the armored version of the ancient hate group the KKK…slitted visors, the pointed hoods sleeked back like it’s folded over.

They call themselves H.C. or Humanities Crusade.

I get ripped away literally as it happens.

……………………………….I’m falling…the bridge is gone and the bus is tilting to fall and I’m not in a seat but falling with others…towards the windows. Even if the bus doesn’t go over the glass…it’s not going to hold.

Shit, shit, shit.

* “Drew” Andrew Porter…AKA Faith……..

And the hits just kept coming.

I was still “Grounded” as things went and I was going through being sick half the time and being sort of tortured by Nancy who was taking great glee in me changing. My folks were well busy wit the move and Mom was her usual self and Dad while working was trying to get us moved and trying to find me a doctor.

I was the first one of my family to see Sanctuary. I was taken by aerobulance to The Ark. I wasn’t in danger but it was a good way to get me there and to Sanctuary Medical. I was put through a whole bunch of scans and stuff I never heard of. Like nano-blood work? It was kinda cool because Karly that’s Karly Winters my doctor…who’s my age…Meta with boosted I.Q. took nano bots and had them stay in the blood stream and transmit all the fluctuations that’s going on.

It took her two days before she gave me the news.

“I’ve figured out what’s going on with you Drew.”

“Good…I mean I’m not dying but this has sucked.”

It’s been like the flu, a bad flu and add in growing pains…aching boobs…literally because they throbbed even at night and itch…then my legs…head… my waist, well my hips just throbbed too. Because I’m growing and changing…getting girly…

“It’s your powers?”

“Huh?”

“Your powers are based on the vibes, the energy directed at you. But not just you but Faith.”

“Okay…”

“Your Grandmother was the first Faith.”

“Yeah I know.”

“Yes.”

“…………………………I don’t get it.”

“The energy that you use and feed from is a wavelength. It’s actually a remarkable combination of mutated telepathy, psychometry and bio-feedback. You convert the energy from those thoughts about you for your own use…amazing in itself. But the drawback of this is the energy that you’re pulling in from the media coverage of you and then the reports of the press on the first Faith has flavored the energies.”

“Okay…”

“Drew…they think you’re a girl, people are thinking you’re a girl because guys don’t 2nd gen female heroes. You powers are reshaping you to fit that image.”

“I’m going to stop being me!?”

“No, no…they don’t really know you and since there’s no “shrinkage” I’m saying that it’s changing you to meet the mass expected image.”

“Can’t I stop it? Go public and stuff about being a guy?”

“Well you could, and it might work but you’ve got breasts, the start of girl hips and your legs are getting longer…you’re not really guy passable anymore…not enough for this. And there’s a backlash risk.”

“Backlash risk?”

“Just think if you went public the energy that all the perverts would be sending you.”

I actually did and eleven seconds later was puking in the trash can.

I’ve kept this to myself. I can do that. Mom and Dad know but as far as anyone’s concerned I’m mutating. Even Nancy doesn’t know, especially so…she’d really be a bitch to me.

I kind of just kept to myself…helped move in and got some work helping the others in the block do the same. Baggy clothes, I even get a sports bra and try to keep the changes as to myself as I can. I feel like shit a lot of the time from the hormones I’m producing, and the aches…it just wears on me. I hate feeling like this…being in pain all the time sucks.

There’s even part time jobs with the town. I’ve gotten my parents permission but I’ve been doing stuff like shoveling Asphalt and building stuff with some other kids like picnic tables and signs and stuff. I work really hard…I guess to maybe prove my manhood to myself or something? The pay’s really decent though, not adult with papers money but a couple of bucks an hour over the whole flipping burgers thing. I’m banking most of it. I might need it later ad even though I can fly. I’d like to get some wheels….or maybe moving out…sometimes I just really want to get out of my house.

I was just at Eden getting coffee when I sort of heard the distant rhythm of the protestors chanting slogans so taking my coffee I flew up to the top of this building and there was this girl there already watching. Smoking a cigarette and looking upset.

“Hey…you okay?”

“No…”

“Can I do anything…you look…freaked…” Dammit my voice is cracking but in reverse, I’m starting to sound less and less like a guy.

“No…I’m just…just…” She turns and she screams at them. “Fuck you! Fuck all of you! Why can’t you just leave us alone!”

“Hey…chill, it’ll be okay…it sucks but we’re safe.”

She looks at me. Tears spill out and she wipes at them angry like. “I’m sure lots of people think they’re safe from them…but it just doesn’t stop…they, they won’t just leave us alone…” She shivers and breaks down crying and she shifts…I mean she looks like herself still but even more…like from a decent looking girl to this buxom beautiful girl. She cries even harder like this.

I hold her and I really don’t know what to say so I just keep my mouth shut. We actually end up just sitting there not saying much. She only says. “Thanks.” After she shifts back to normal. She’s not bad looking Scandinavian for sure but she’s got this bourbon accent…it’s what we call that southern twang or it’s also known as Federation accent.

I’m getting it now….especially after seeing the barcode tattoo.

Who knows what she’s been through.

“I’m Drew.”

“Vana.”

We sit and watch then we’re joined by Cody. Vana knows him, did the whole terse introduction thing. Him…Cody I’ve seen on the news when they were after him. He doesn’t seem like too bad a guy….

Then someone else showed up, nice looking kind of preppy though, high end name brand stuff and that whole my life’s so good I jog kind of people…not the kind of person I hang out with. Girl next door meets Barbie and Miss Rich.

I was sort of surprised when she’s a powered like us.

Then we all seen the rockets hit.

I’m moving before I’m even thinking. No gear, and I can’t fly that fast either but I can fly and…oh shit…I see a section of the Super bridge fall away and buses tip and fall, protesters on the bridge at the head of the crowd too.

I try to push my speed…I gotta get there.

I’m passed by these streaks of “Daystar” golden light and another shining red. I dive fast and reach out to try and catch two of the protestors…It’s a thee or four hundred feet down and at that height hitting the water will be like hitting the sand.

C’mon…c’mon…just a bit closer!

* Vanir “Vana.”…….

I…

This place is so different than home.

I made the request and it changed everything…everything in a big hurry. It got the law guys involved and these famous? Freaky people?

I mean these people were like us and yet some of them were actually celebrated heroes? Home they’d be dead or terrorists.

Me stepping up also had something else happen.

I became one of the one’s in charge.

There was a lot of interrogation. “Interviews.” Federal Marshals, Homeworld security. They kept us in segregation and quarantine and I get it, I do we’re illegal’s, we’re also mutants. From the Federation too…so we or some of us have a military aspect. Honestly I’d watch us if I was them too.

The situation could be worse. Scrubs for clothes, staff cafeteria access so we eat the same stuff. There’s barracks to sleep in, a games and TV room and free medical. About a third of us need it. There’s people from other places we had on our ship that were worse off than Cougar and I.
And because the NH’ers thought I was one of the ones in charge a lot of our people came to me. I played go between a lot.

Then there was that Shroud guy…passed him in the halls of the station…yes an actual space station and run by their military, the NHDF or New Haven Defense Forces. I got another note. “Lawyer, Nickolas Page.” And a number.

I got to make the call eventually.

He came up pretty quickly. And after we talk over lunch and coffee’s and he gets my story he got to work pretty quickly. Two weeks later we’ve been admitted directly into the Sanctuary project as some of the very first people to live there and work there. He was a really professional guy. Handsome too with dark black hair, great body and the most amazing green eyes. He never crossed the flirting line and treated everyone with respect and care. Especially any little kid…he softened and became a totally different guy.

And since getting here. I found out he paid for all of the costs he had taking our cases. All of our cases. And…he got everyone a check for three hundred dollars…so…much more than most of us have ever seen…even us girls had money. Not something even us pass for normal girls were used to.

No, no…ask your father, ask your boyfriend, ask your husband…don’t worry your pretty little head about money.

Pre-paid debits for female stuff is common in The Federation.

I…I’ve got job offers…once I’ve out of the school phase here. Ark City Police, NHDF, Paradise City Police…The Marshals even.

I’m in the dorms with some of the others. Cougar too we’ve been asked to go into for Training by the AA’s. Because like a gun…we’re going to need to be licensed and insured. Cougar wants to join up, to make a difference.

I’m thinking about it.

About all of it.

I walk a lot.

I was watching the boats out there with these people out there that hate us for what? I was out there since…well all night.

I don’t sleep well…lots of nightmares…then there’s just the fact I can…I can just go for a walk when I want. No getting held back, no you’re a girl you can’t. No cells, cages or being fenced in.

I was there still when one by one others showed up. Drew…he? Can fly. I never met a flyer before. Cody…I know Cody through Cougar they play B-ball together.

I think we might have gotten to where we’d get introduced and stuff but shit hit the fan and that Sam girl…she felt it and from as far as she was away she did something…she just threw herself into trying…doing not a single thought of no or can’t.

Then Drew takes off flying out to help.

He held me y’know when I lost it.

I have to, too.

I Butch up and jump clear and take off running. My amazon body is a lot stronger and faster. I didn’t even think about the height just jumped…then ran…I hurdle over the cars and things in my way and I see two streaks of light pass and then others and I’m trying to get to the beach/bridge area and do something.

Then there’s something…someone watching in a black hood…not a hoodie but a hood and a red blood colored trench coat and he’s watching…something like a big glass ball in his hand…I don’t know what made me did it and make me to stop in my tracks.

There’s this black smoke in the orb…and then red eyes.

~Master…~

The guy in the hood turns I can’t see his face. “I see…interesting…most unusual.”

“I get that…you started this?”

“No…yes…humans are just so easily pushed…but I never made their choices…this scuffle…it’s just pleasant.”

“You need to be stopped.”

“And you’re going to do that little Asguardian? Feel free.”

He rolls that ball towards me and there’s the sound of cracking and breaking glass but it’s breaking into more like it’s growing…and growing…black glass…eight feet tall with red burning eyes, mouth and this look like a demon crossed a troll and was made of living obsidian.

Asguardian? Whatever….

I need to keep my head clear…or I’m going to get killed.

The guy in the red actually lights a cigar… “Grendel, Kill her.”

up
106 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice Vibe!

I like the feel of this. A little like Teen Titans with a dash of New Mutants thrown in for favor. I hope Scarlet is still around. There's work for her!

Hugs
Grover

She's the red streak of light coming in Grover!

Actually there's some of all of it in there and the AA's base The Ark's Celtic Cross structure is very Titan's Tower in that profile look. There'll be lots of action in the next Scarlet to cover her part in this.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

YAY!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Oooooo... I like it. :-)

You've been building to this and now its arrived, you've not disappointed Bailey. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take our young band of superpowered misfits. I totally agree with Grover in that it has a very old style 'new mutants' meets 'new titans' feel and given I loved both of those books, it's a great vibe to have to it.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Jmmima and Grover said what I wanted to say

I love the vibe here - lots of fun stuff that reminds me of the best of Teen Titans or New Mutants back in the day. and Grendel? Oh my ....

DogSig.png

There's elements of both but I like the vibes/story feel of...

Young Justice, Runaways...huge fan, and NYX are all really great stories as well as Avengers Academy and Ultimate Spiderman. Comics are so good now you can't help but get inspired. But...the characters here had great c0-creators too:)

Yeah, Grendel Vs. Vana.

*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey a Proud Big Brother.

Bailey Summers

And it's not even the First Day of School:P

The things are coming to a head with some of the things going on with the kids and the conflict with the protesters and the hate groups and a wider supernatural element about things going on here. I've read both of those series and highly enjoy the new ones as well.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

so Loki?

or some close version maybe. things are getting busy, i'm not sure Drew doesn't need to slap his sister.
next chapter should start with a bang.
thanks

Not Loki, but Blackthorne...

And that's a bit of a spoiler. Drew really does need to get clear or deal with Nancy.
The next chapter will be interesting.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers