Understanding Rachel- The other end of the line. Part 5

Printer-friendly version

The door to the house slammed against the door stop as a very dirty and sweat soaked I entered my house. It had been a long day. I had dirt under my grub tshirt and even into my sport bra. Working on old cars, doing minor repairs to major restoration work was not the cleanest job. It was a part time job that paid much needed cash. My nails were always ruined and the few small nicks in my skin here and there didn't exactly give a flawless skin complexion.

However mostly I was just bone tired. The hours drive relaxed me a little too much. I was still majorly pissed off though. First my real part time job doing customer service and that stupid Junior Manager Craig. And now even at this one. I should call Rachel maybe that will help.

Ring Ring Ring.. come on pick up the phone already!

"Hello" answers a familiar voice.

"Hey Rach its Martin."

"Oh hey girl and its Tanya not that icky boys name. You have to stop.." I cut her off.

"No its Martin. There is no Tanya. Tanya is a pipe dream that is never going to happen. I cannot be a woman as that would be death." In more ways than one. I shudder as certain memories start to surface and I quickly put them down.

"Look Tanya I understand where your.."

"IT'S MARTIN! What is so hard for you people to understand! All day at work today while I was working on cars. You know my part time thing. Anyways this one customer kept hitting on me saying it was so sexy that a woman like me works on cars. I told him I am not a girl but a boy named Martin. Hell even my boss and his wife know that and always refer to me as a boy with him, his, he. Never her, she. It says on my birth certificate even MALE!" I almost screamed into the phone to get my point across.

"Tanya your a girl and people see that no matter how hard you try to hide it. You have to understand that boys see that and they sometimes well they will try things."

"He PROPOSED TO ME!" I made it sound like I was totally disgusted but a part of me wasn't that part of me was pleased to no end and was contimplating.., NO can't go there.

"Oh was he cute at least?"

"That's not the point! I am not gay. I cannot go out with men! Gods even you you.. Oh nevermind your not helping GOOD BYE!" I turned off the phone ending the call and threw it towards the other end of the house not caring if it broke into pieces or not.

I had called her for support and what does she do. She keeps trying to make me believe I am a girl! The nerve of some people!

And that ass at work with his proposal and then at the office with Craig and then. Oh great now I am frigging crying! That's all I need.

I turned around and look towards my bedroom with its girly atmosphere. I can't enter that room its killing me. Can't these people see how much pain their comments cause me.

Tanya snuggles up against her couch on the living room floor plush carpet and cries herself to sleep.

Ring Ring Ring...

Where is that dam phone.

Ring Ring Ring...

"Hello?"

up
88 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

keep this dual story going.

keep this dual story going. It really takes interesting turns, since it's two different minds at work ^^.

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

Aaaaaaah! That's exactly our hero/heroines point

He IS Martin a male.

He is NOT Tanya no matter what others say.

Dang it. IF that is who they identify as who are we to say otherwise.

And other than outward first appearance, unless Martin is lying or was grossly deceived as a child HE IS A MALE!

He may LOOK like Tanya at first glance but he is not her until such time as he/she decides she is Tanya, or we learn she is deluded some how.

HIs friends don't seem to grasp that yet. Why would friends be so adamant about HER accepting she isaTanyna. Unless she really is a her biologically . But we have no proof so far. And all his actions say I am a male or at least don't say I am a girly girl.

Let the kid decide.

-- grin --

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Ditto, John

Well said!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin