The Asgardian Saga: Prologue

Printer-friendly version

Ragnorak Saga #1: The Gamble
This is a work of fiction. As such, if it represents another’s work or someone’s life, in is pure happenstance. The majority of the names are the Americanized version of the old Norse names. This work is indee my property. Please ask permission before using this story for basis of any others. The reader’s can write about and make their own characters in the Nine Worlds Universe.

Preface

Asgard

The Aesir, Asynjur, and Vanir were gathered in Gladsheim to discuss possible strategies to avoid Ragnorak, the end of the world. The court was called to order by the pounding of the enchanted hammer known as Mjolnir. This was followed by a call to order.

“Are all here and accounted for?” asked Odin as per tradition but not of practicality as he already was in knowledge that Loki was not to be found among the contingent today.

The answer came as expected, “Aye, Lord. The only no show is that mischievous bastard Loki.” Replied Frigga.

“Good,” replied Odin, “Since he is not here and everyone else is accounted for, we can openly discuss plans for avoiding the end of all nine of the realms including both Midgard and Asgard. The floor is now open for possible plans and suggestions. Any plan does merit debate as sometimes the most unorthodox battle plans are extremely successful for the specific problem they address.”

“I recommend sending out into the world one of my Valkyries and one of the warriors from Valhalla. We can combine their souls into one and send it out into the world to save a noble warrior from dying so that he may serve us. He will become the child of me and Lord Odin. This comes with the blessings of our house and training time with a few of us to learn the different aspects of each of the nine worlds and Asgard,” replies Freya.

“Interesting idea. Definitely a possibility. Come up with the names of the mentors and then we will vote on this,” replied Odin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

up
112 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yeah quite interesting... I

Yeah quite interesting... I guess this is supposed to be the prologue or something. I can't really say much about this story yet. Still, I guess the concept may have merrit. Fighting doomsday, making a genderbend hero... Made of stuff I like.

Thank you for writing,
Beyogi