The Child

Printer-friendly version

Once upon a time there was a small child, and like all children do they dreamed there dreams and played there games,

But something was different, this child didn't play the games that other People thought they should, they didn't act the way others thought they should. The Child didn't know they were different, other children played the games they played and dreamed the dreams they did, If others could then why can't I.

The World is cruel and the child learned how bad they were for being who they were. The Child didn't want to be bad, so they did the things they thought they should and not the things they wanted to. That's the way this child died not in body but in soul. and from that child a person grew and good did come from tragedy. a person thought, if I will never be happy others can, I'll do my best to bring them joy and be the best that I can be, but when you live how others want true joy you'll never find.

When They thought all hope is lost the person grew to know, I must be who I am not who they want, but what I want I do not know, it's been so long since I've asked who am I?, what do I want? Now I sit, a shell am I, I can not know who I am, I can not be who they want.

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you...

Andrea Lena's picture

...you touched my heart. We did our best, didn't we?

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Funny you should mention it, coz!

I never felt I ever did my best or that I ever could. Too fucking sad! Something too fucking many of us are familiar with! Damn!

The Child

The Child is a sad poem.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

ouch

so much pain in so little words ...

DogSig.png

Welcome

Jenny W

I hope this is one of the steps in reclaiming you. I am glad you care about others, but as Jesus said, "what if you gain the whole world but lose your soul?"

I am from the Christian community that is often quick and rigid in judging us. "But as a woman minister once said, I don't know why prejudice people are so quick to embrace a God who loves the poor, the disenfranchised, and those quickly judge by others."

Your writing is welcome here. ^_^

Hugs,
JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Thank you Jenny,

It is not the poem that is sad,it is the Child,
or that is how it appears to me.I know I was sad,
but not now,it just made me stronger.I am however,
sad for those who can't understand what we go through,
just to be who we are---and being who we are is all
that matters.

ALISON

So few words, such heart-felt pain!!!

Ole Ulfson's picture

Jenny,

Brilliant, just Brilliant.

Thank you for posting this. I hope you will find solace in this wonderful community of like-minded friends as I have.

Welcome,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

So sad

In just a few words you have summed up the problems so many transgendered people endure. If this directly applies to you Jenny, I hope even being here among understanding friends and being able to write as you do is helpful to you.

Hugs, Bronwen