Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1684

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1684
by Angharad

Copyright © 2012 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

I followed Simon up the stairs and we skidded and slid on the broken glass and roof slates lining them. As we got to the top Ditchley was standing over James who was tied to a chair. Ditchley held a vicious looking knife with quite a large blade.

“Come any closer and he dies,” he snapped at us. We stopped and I videoed him on my Blackberry standing over James, whose face had received a beating by the look of things. I felt a combination of nausea through disgust and anger at this monster who could well stab James in the neck or heart before either Simon or I could do anything to stop him.

I had to distract him, get him away from James, where I could deal with him, or let Simon loose on him. This was partly why I was filming him. I knew he would want my phone or the memory card inside it. He could have either if he came and took it.

“Hey, bitch, stop that!” he called at me.

“You come and stop me,” I invited.

“I don’t have to, I’ll just make your little friend suffer, like this.” He pushed the knife point into James’ shoulder, causing him to groan through the gag. I saw fresh blood dribble down his arm.

“If you kill him, what is there to stop us rushing you?” I asked.

“I don’t care, once I’ve killed him, my only problem is deciding which of you to do first.”

“You couldn’t punch your way out of a paper bag,” I goaded him, still videoing him.

“I said stop that,” he jabbed James again. I felt sick and so angry, I was close to walking to him and kicking his head off.

“Come and make me,” I sounded like a ten year old boy.

He lifted the knife to stab James much harder and I flung my wheel brace at him. It caught him in the chest bouncing off with a clatter as it landed on the concrete floor. It caused him to step back and in that brief instant, Simon flung himself forward and slashed at Ditchley’s knife wielding hand while I ran and jumped onto James knocking the chair over and rolling away from his would be murderer.

Simon had missed and the two were engaged in a slashing match, which as long as Simon kept him at a distance he would win. “Don’t worry, I’ll get you out of this,” I said to James and he groaned in reply.

I had to leave my patient because Simon stepped on a particularly slippery part of the floor and fell as Ditchley slashed at him. The knife missed but only because Si fell, however, Ditchley was now standing on the end of the short piece of scaffolding which Simon had been holding. “Oh dear, not very good at this are we?”

“No, he isn’t, but I am.” I called at the maniac.

“Wait your turn, bitch, I’m gonna kill your partner first.”

Scooping up a lump of masonry I hurled it at his head catching him on the side of his face. He jumped backwards almost dropping the knife. He felt the small amount of blood which was dripping down his face. “For that, you’re gonna die, bitch.”

“Yeah, come and try it.” It was at this point I wished I’d worn brown trousers instead of jeans. He kicked Simon enough to keep him rolling about in pain and winded enough to make rising, difficult.

Ditchley turned to face me. The knife was brandished. I had no weapon, except my Blackberry. I started to walk away from him dialling 999 as I went. “Help, someone is trying to kill me,” I shouted down the phone, then slid it across the floor. They could trace it. “Help,” I screamed, “He’s got a knife.” Now all I had to do was keep out of his way long enough for the cavalry to get here.

“Nice try, bitch, but you’ll be dead long before they get here.”

“They’re not all as slow or corrupt as you were, dickhead.”

“I’m gonna enjoy this.” He advanced towards me. I backed away from the stairs, which I hoped he would think was a mistake. I’d only get one chance at this and if I got it wrong, we’d all die–no pressure then–and I’ve got nice pair of needle-cord brown trousers, why didn’t I wear them today?

He moved the knife from hand to hand, then he slashed just to make me step back further away from the stairs. Now, I had a wall maybe ten feet at most behind me. I couldn’t go much further.

I turned as if to run and he lunged after me, and my luck nearly held, I back kicked and caught him in the chest but the tip of the knife caught my lower leg. He fell backwards and I came forwards. I could feel pain and wet on my leg. He jumped up almost as quickly as he went down, and I sprang into a forward somersaulted and delivered a kick to his midriff with both feet. This time he flew backwards disappearing down the stairs yelling as he went. I got up, my leg was really hurting, “Send an ambulance as well, we have three casualties,” I shouted at my phone.

The first priority was securing the area, so while I so wanted to help and comfort Simon and James, I needed to make sure Ditchley was no further threat. I picked up the length of scaffolding pole and hoped I could remember the few lessons I got from a kid in school about fencing.

I limped down the steps, Ditchley wasn’t at the bottom, damn, he was still mobile and still had the knife. His friend was still tied up, so where was he?

I ran down the last few steps, despite the pain in my leg, and rushed into the middle of the space, turning round to see where he was. I couldn’t see him. I called him, “Come on out and fight like the pansy you are, Ditchley. You like beating up girls, don’t you? Well this one won’t be such a pushover.”

I was absolutely shitting myself as I limped round the warehouse trying to locate my opponent. I heard sirens approaching. My leg hurt abominably and the leg of my jeans was now soaked in blood, which was also filling my shoe.

Car doors slammed and I knew the police were here. Just a few minutes more and I was safe. Perhaps I relaxed, I don’t know, but a moment later he grabbed me from behind just as a copper burst into the building. I felt the knife at my throat. “Stop or she dies.”

The copper lowered his pistol.

My head was swimming, I was going to faint, I needed to do something, one last effort. I opened my legs and swung the pole back between them catching Ditchley in his groin. He momentarily let go and I dropped to the ground things fading into a dreamlike state. I heard the crack of the gun, amplified by the bare walls. Then another and things went black.

I don’t know what happened after that, except by what the police told me. I think we all ended up in hospital and my Blackberry in police custody. I had two stitches in my leg, James had several in various parts of his body, and Simon broke the same bone in his hand as well as suffering some badly bruised ribs.

Thug number one, was lucky. Apart from a mild concussion and bruising he was well enough to be charged with abduction and false imprisonment. Ditchley was shot dead by the armed response officer, so the police finally gave him what he deserved, they fired him. As for Kite, well that’s a different story.

He drove off and although I suspect his car felt funny, he tried to cross a busy junction and one of his front wheels came off. He was hit by an articulated lorry which slammed his car into the path of another truck. He was pronounced dead at the scene after they cut his body from the remains of his car.

The unravelling of his sordid little empire is still ongoing, but the police have claimed that they will have recovered at least a million pounds of money extorted from his victims plus they have arrested a dozen thugs who were pushing drugs or abusing people. All in all things worked out quite well, all because a group of teenage delinquents hassled me at our local takeaway.

One could say, they had their chips.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
256 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1684

Now those three need to take it easy! Hopefully Trish and possibly Jules can blue light them.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

All's well that ends well.

Hey, isn't that a play by Bill Spokeshave? The Bard of Stratford-upon-Avon?

Chips; that's a potato product this side of the pond. Of course, in the US of A, they're called something else - or it's a television drama series, or....

S.

we are gonna have

to come up with a trade-marked, copyrighted name for The British Avenger, so when Marvel buys the movie rights, no one else can step in for your bucks.

Oh, I dunno

I think "The New Emma Peel" fits Cathy pretty well. Surely Diane Riggs won't object.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Werks for me

Simon is gonna need to loose a bunch of tummy before he can co-star though. He might do okay with a Bowler and Brolly, though.

But...

...our dear heroine, in a leather cat suit...I suppose there might possibly, somewhere, just perhaps, be a market for that.

I dunno

Patrick McNee was pretty fat himself.

Yeh, but . . .

Did they get their just desserts?

Never understood why you lot call them "chips", they're not 'chipped' off of anything. But they are fried, hence our more logical name 'fries'.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Yeah, but, Karen

We call the really thin ones chips, and where did that come from?

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Holly

Likely

From some British immigrant. Can't keep them all under control, can we?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Many Kudos, Ang!

Many Kudos, Ang!

Kris

{I leave a trail of Kudos as I browse the site. Be careful where you step!}

Well this episode reminds me a bit of an old American TV show

... called Hart to Hart.

Cathy really needs to bring along a weapon on this kind of thing.

A blackberry? *rolls eyes*

Edit: She really needs to get back into training in every way, this fight was kinda disappointing on her end to be honest. All this domesticity is well and good but feeding those monsters is not the only thing in life. She's buying too much into this whole motherhood and apple pie thing as us Yanks would say.

Kim

My Mom loved that show

Raff01's picture

She watched it all the time, and now I get to have that theme song stuck in my head for the next little while. thanks.

With there need to do right.

With there need to do right. Cathryn and Si may wish to invest in some non violent Martial Arts like Ti Che and add some improvisational weapons training. But going as far as a costume would give away there secret ID's of Bank Boy and Bike Woman aka Dormouse woman. So lets skip that.

Misha Nova aka {Essence}

The only bad question is the one not asked.

I'm glad...

As interesting as this has been, I'm glad you didn't drag on the suspense a few more episodes. LOL

Wonder if Cathy'll get James to tell her what was in that envelope she had to recover from his mom. I also wonder what PC Bond will have to say about things. LOL

Thank you,
Annette

Bike 1684

I would say that the chips got cashed in!

Richard

I have...

...called your taxi and I have your coat ready to hand

Cathy and Simon in Jail.

So, are the plod going to go after the daring duo and punish them now that the main crims are dead?

Gwendolyn

I wonder.

I wonder what the plod are going to do about our Cathy, I really do wonder.

They're going to be redundant before long.

Nice one Angie'

Still lovin' it.
OXOXOX

Bev.

bev_1.jpg

The Plod

I would think that if the Portsmouth Plod had any brains in their organization they would just give Cathy her own Warrant Card and make her an Auxilary Plod.

One day...

...police and thugs alike within the bounds of Portsmouth will know it's not wise to mess with Cathy :)

On a more immediate note, it probably won't have escaped the media's attention that she happened to be at the scene of Ditchley's death, so may have to cope with (yet another) media siege (although at least this time it won't be because of the "healing angel" phenomenon!).

Hopefully by next week though, things will have settled down enough for her to resume her university courses (good job universities tend to have nice long holidays - she may not have missed giving any lectures during this mini-crisis!).


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Actually

If the truth were told then Cathy would (quite rightly) be heading for jail for a long time with Simon too. Not only did she tamper with a motor vehicle but she set a mantrap and that mantrap killed which makes it a murder. Then there is endangering the public when her mantrap hit the road. Probably about twenty-five years given time off for good behavior. If she showed remorse (unlikely) then some of the sentences might be concurrent if she was lucky but probably not.. Oh, add the corrupting of minors (the hacking) she would not be allowed to ever communicate with the children again and they would not be treated kindly in care. Just as well it is a story as this would end very badly for Cathy and family in reality.

Oh Dear

kristina l s's picture

That last line, an apt pun, but just possibly over fried. cough. Or was that crisp? Anyway, I can't help pondering the possibility that Cathy, Simon or both will trip on a loose wheel nut yet. The links and the lies are there if the cops choose to look and it all could get just a bit messy.

Kristina

Maybe the bad guys

have had their chips, But lets hope the local cops do not smell something fishy afoot.....

Kirri

Somehow,

I don't think this is the end of the story. He probably worked for someone.