To Make A Wish Chapter 24

Printer-friendly version

 © September 2007-2012

Chapter Twenty Four

Previously...

    Sheana thought she’d need to blink Mike to a hospital when they told him and Jo what happened at lunchtime, he was laughing so hard. Mike had already worked out that Sheana must have had a hand in it though, but it was so subtle that not even the men in black could have been able to pick up on it.

     “Don’t you think that was a little dangerous?” Jo asked once Sara had finally formed a mind link for them to talk about it. Sara was trying to keep her mind on the matter at hand, but her thoughts did drift to the gym as she ended up showing Jo and Mike the moment where Mr Weatherly’s shorts ripped. The vision soon had Mike rolling around on the floor in a fit of laughter again though.

     “He was asking for much more than what he got Jo.” Sara snapped. “He’s just a sexist pig that thinks all women belong in the kitchen, or are only good for making babies.”

     “I can’t argue with that.” Jo said.

     “What!” Sara snarled as she leapt at Jo pinning him to the ground as she looked down at him. “You sexist asshole.” Sara growled down at him.

    Sara had broke the link as she lost her cool with Jo’s comment, and there were a number of students stood around looking at Jo get his ass kicked by a girl. Sara had grown up as Simon listening to his father saying the same stuff to his mother before he finally left and never came back.

     “Sara! What’s got into you all of a sudden?” Jo asked looking scared. “I was just agreeing with you about Weatherly.” Jo tried to point out as it looked like Sara was getting ready to hit him.

    Sara’s anger faded just as quickly as it arrived as she sheepishly slid of Jo and then cuddled up to his side and kissed him on the cheek like they were just playing around. Most the students that had stopped expecting a fight to break out. All wandered off looking disappointed when they thought it was just them playing around.

     “Sorry about that Jo.” Sara pouted. “Can you forgive me?” Sara asked like it was a given that Jo would forgive her, but Jo still looked worried as he sat up and moved a couple of feet away from her.

     “You can’t just go all psycho on me like that and then expect me to just brush it off Sara.” Jo said with fear in his voice. “What was all that for anyway? Do I come across as a sexist asshole?” Jo asked looking hurt.

     “No, not for a second Jo, but it’s...” Sara trailed off, not sure she wanted to tell anyone how her father use to beat her mother, and Simon wasn’t brave enough to do anything about it.

     “But what Sara?” Jo snapped at her as he got to his feet with a hurt look on his face. “I’ve been asked to take a lot from you since we first met, and I have with an open mind, but I won’t sit around and put up with you thinking that about me.” Jo said just before he turned and walked away.

     “Jo! Jo! Please don’t do this!” Sara shouted to his back as he walked away.

    Sheana and Mike had just sat looking a Sara, they couldn’t work out why Sara had suddenly lost it with Jo like she did, but neither of them knew anything about Sara’s dad beating her mum either.

    Sara wanted to run after Jo and explain it all to him, but she didn’t want anyone to know that when she was Simon, he was too scared to stand up for his mother against his dad, and she wasn’t sure her mother would be happy with Jo finding out about her being beaten by her husband.

     “Just give him some time to cool of Sara, and he’ll be alright again.” Mike said, but he didn’t sound like he believed his own words as he said them himself.

     “Thanks Mike.” Sara said, but she gave Mike a look that said they both knew otherwise. “Maybe he’s right to run away from me.” Sara said as she got up and decided to take a walk on her own for a bit.

     “Where are we going sis?” Sheana asked as she went to get up as well.

     “We’re going nowhere sis. Stop and spend some time with Mike.” Sara said as she stopped Sheana from getting to her feet. “I just want some time alone to think about what I’ve just done.” Sara said as she walked off in a different direction to what Jo had just taken.

    Sara might have been worried about other things as well if she’d noticed the fact a maintenance man had stood and watched how quick Sara had leapt on Jo and then managed to pin him down to the ground, but that was the last thing on Sarah’s mind at that moment in time.

And now the story continues...

    Sara didn’t see Jo for the rest of the day at school, and only Mike was stood waiting for Sheana when they walked out their last class of the day.

     “Jo still upset with me over what happened at lunchtime?” Sara asked as she looked at Mike.

     “A little.” Mike lied “Okay, a lot, but he did get teased by a couple of the other kids that saw you dive on him and then hold him down.” Mike tried to explain.

     “Don’t worry about it Mike, I understand.” Sara said as she started walking towards the exit with Mike and Sheana walked just behind holding hands.

    Mike had nothing to rush home for, due to his parents still being away until Tomorrow. Mike was sad that he’d have to spend most the weekend as himself, and not as Michelle like he wanted to. It also meant he wouldn’t be able to go with Sara and Sheana to see how Samantha was doing with the new computer system for the cafe either. A fact Mike had only found out in a text message he’d gotten towards the end of the lunchtime break.

     “Do you think it would be okay for Michelle to join us for dinner again this evening sis?” Sheana asked Sara as they walked towards home.

     “I can’t see there being a problem with it.” Sara said as she snapped out of her thoughts over Jo being upset with her, and how he had every reason to be.

     “Are you okay sis?” Sheana asked looking worried with the way her sister was acting at the minute.

     “Not really, but I asked for it, so I shouldn’t be crying should I?” Sara said as she broke down and started sobbing on her sister’s shoulder. “I just can’t see any way of fixing this. I know I screwed up and made a mistake, but how can I undo it?” Sara sobbed.

    “I’m not sure what to tell you to do sis. I don’t understand what made you act the way you did in the first place.” Sheana said as she stood hugging her sister.

     “I want to tell you Sheana, but I need to talk with mum first.” Sarah mumbled into her sister’s shoulder.

     “I’ll still be around when you feel ready then sis.” Sheana replied.

Sara finally pulled herself together enough to finish the trip home with Sheana and Mike. Mike was keeping an

    eye on the time because he’d already removed the rings and was waiting for Michelle to make her appearance, but he knew that they would be back at Sheana and Sara’s before anything happened.

*****

    Sara, Sheana, Michelle and Jenna were all helping Prue put the food on the table when Karen got home. Sandy had called and said she’d be working a little later and asked for them to save her some dinner.

     “Mum? Can I have a word with you in the living room?” Sara asked Karen looking very serious.

     “Sure sweetie.” Karen said as she led her daughter into the living room and sat her on the sofa before taking the empty seat next to her. “What’s wrong?” Karen asked looking worried.

     “I’ve upset Jo today at school, but can’t see any way of fixing it without him finding out about what father used to do to you.” Sara said as she bit her lip looking worried as to how her mother would react to her talking about him.

     “And why do you think talking about that man will help fix the trouble your having with Jo?” Karen asked in a calm voice, but her eyes said she hated to even think about that man she was once married to.

     “I was upset with the way the new head gym teacher was treating all us girls this morning, and just happened to call him a sexist pig over the way he thought all women should be kept in the kitchen or made to have babies.” Sara explained. “Jo turned around and said he agreed, I lost my temper and jumped on him thinking he agreed with Mr Weatherly the gym teacher, but he meant he agreed with me calling him a sexist pig.” Sara added looking shamed for thinking such a thing about Jo.

     “And how did Jo react to all this?” Karen asked, but had a pretty good idea already how he’d taken it.

     “He was upset with me for thinking such a thing about him,” Sara said looking down at her own lap in shame. “He stormed off saying he’d proved himself more times than he could count, and I still thought he could be a sexist pig.” Sara added with a sigh just before she started sobbing again.

     “Oh sweetie.” Karen said as she pulled her daughter into a hug. “And you think being able to explain the way I was treated while you were younger would maybe help make him understand the reason you reacted the way you did at lunchtime?” Karen asked.

     “Yes. I’ve got to do something mum, I think I might have really lost him this time.” Sara sobbed. “I should have been stronger and stopped him hurting you.” Sara added as she thought about all those times she’d seen her mother get hit before he finally left.

    Sara used the word left, but in the end Karen fought back and said if he ever hit her again, she would kill him in his sleep. Fearing for his own life, her father packed his things while Karen was at work one day and had never been seen from since.

     “You couldn’t have done anything back then Sara, you were too young to stand up to him, and he would have just beaten you as well.” Karen said as she hugged Sara even tighter. “I’d like to see him try hitting you know though.” Karen added with an evil laugh.

     “That would be some really great therapy.” Sara giggled as she sat up and wiped her eyes as she thought about stopping her father from touching her mother. “That would be one vampire I’d have no trouble staking if he ever became one.” Sara added with a dreamy look on her face as she thought about plunging a wooden stake deep into his chest.

     “You’d have to join the cue behind me sweetie.” Karen said with the same grin on her face as Sara was wearing.

     “So do you think it will help me win Jo back if I sit him down and explain everything to him, and why I acted like I did?” Sara asked looking hopeful.

     “Well it can’t hurt, and I don’t mind you telling him about your father. I’m just glad you’re nothing like him, or was nothing like him.” Karen grinned. “You’re really nothing like him now are you?” Karen added with a giggle.

     “I hope you think I’ve always been more like you mummy.” Sara said as she hugged Karen again.

     “You’re you and I’m proud of it.” Karen said as she hugged Sara back.

    Dinner was on the table when they got back to the kitchen, so they all sat down to eat while Karen and Sara told the others about the man Karen had been married to, and the only useful thing he ever did, was to give her two beautiful daughters before he vanished into the night never to be seen again.

    Sheana and Michelle now understood the reason for Sara losing her temper with what she thought Jo had said, but they also thought she should have know Jo better than that by now.

     “What do you plan to do about it then Sara?” Michelle asked while they ate desert.

     “I’ll try giving him a call after dinner and see if I can get him to come over and talk to me about it.” Sara said with a shrug, not having a better idea, well not one that didn’t involve magic, or a mind link. Sara wasn’t sure if Jo might think something in a mind link he didn’t really mean, but it would be hard to take them back once he’d thought them. So Sara wanted this chat to be face to face like normal people.

    Sheana and Michelle offered to do the dishes with Jenna, so Sara could go up to her room and call Jo. Sara gave them both a hug and then ran up to her room to make the call. She called his mobile and it went straight to voice mail, so she hung up as she wasn’t going to try and explain everything in a short message, and she knew that asking him to call her was a waste of time.

    Sara sat on her bed and waited five minutes before trying again, but once again it went straight to voice mail. She then tried calling his home number and got his mother on the phone, but she said he’d gone out with some friends to see a movie. Sara didn’t think Jo hung with anyone but Mike, out of school, so she wondered if he’d told his mum to lie for him if anyone called. Sara decided to put it all in an email and send that to him instead. So she set to work typing up what her father had done, and how the way Mr Weatherly was acting reminded her of him, and how sorry she was for acting like she did.

    Once the email was typed up, she emailed it to him and then sat back to wait for a reply, if he was bothered about replying that was. She also asked him to call so they could talk about it all in person, so with her mobile in her pocket, she went down to see what the others were up to.

    Sara found them all sat in the living room watching a Disney movie with Jenna sat between Sheana and Michelle, but she was soon jumping up and getting on Sara’s knee once she’d sat down next to her mum.

     “Did you get hold of Jo sis?” Sheana asked looking hopeful that Sara and Jo had gotten everything sorted out.

     “No, his phones turned off, and when I called the land line his mother said he’d gone out to the movies with some friends.” Sara told them with a puzzled look. “Do you know what friends she might be on about Michelle?”

     “No, but it sounds like his mum was just covering for him, and I bet he’s in his room playing video games sulking.” Michelle said with a shrug. “He’s not been hanging with any new friends that I’ve seen.” Michelle added.

    They carried on watching the move until it ended and then Prue went to sort out Sandy’s dinner for her when she got home, while Sheana, Michelle and Sara sorted out getting a sleeping Jenna up to bed. They then returned back down stairs to see if Prue wanted to join them on patrol. Sara wanted to see if she could track down Spike and put an end to him before he came up with some other way to try and draw her out for another one of his attempts to kill her.

    Susan Hopkins was still being looked after in hospital after her little break down. Sara was going to try and get to see her and try to help her get better. Sara had found out that no one had been to see her since she was admitted at the beginning of the week. Sara couldn’t help thinking it was her fault, but she was feeling that a lot at the minute anyway. She was shocked to find out none of her friends had been to see her though.

    Prue was in the kitchen sat talking to Sandy while she ate her dinner when Sara, Sheana and Michelle got back down stairs.

     “Hi sis.” Sara smiled at Sandy before turning to look at Prue. “Sheana and I are going out on patrol to see if we can track down Spike and Drusilla, do you want to join us?”

     “Sounds like it could be fun.” Prue grinned as she jumped up and then shot off to get changed.

    Sara, Sheana and Michelle all took seats at the kitchen table to keep Sandy company while she ate her dinner.

     “How was work sis?” Sara asked.

     “It was fun, and I’m learning so much from Samantha as well.” Sandy told them between mouth full’s of food. “God! Prue is a good cook, this taste’s amazing.” Sandy added just before she put another forkful in. “I hear you had some trouble with Jo today baby sister, you doing okay?” Sandy asked looking worried.

     “Not really sis. I’ve tried calling him, and I’ve even sent him an email trying to explain all the stuff that dad did to mum, but he’s not gotten back to me yet.” Sara said with a sigh and a sad look on her face.

     “He’ll be in touch sis, just give him a little time to process his feelings, and if he can’t forgive you, then it was never meant to be in the first place.” Sandy offered Sara her dating advice.

     “Thanks sis, great advice.” Sara said sarcastically.

     “That boy is head over heels in love with you sis, so stop worrying and just go out and kick some vampire ass to blow off some steam.” Sandy grinned.

    Prue was soon back dressed in her black stealth gear and then Sara and Sheana stood and morphed into their slayer and black witch gear before they got ready to blink Michelle back to her place, so she could keep an eye on the men in black while Sara, Sheana and Prue went out to help them keep the streets of their small town safe from dangerous demons.

    Michelle fired up her computer as soon as Sheana got them all to her bedroom, then Michelle started looking to see what the men in black were up to, and if they had any new info on Spike and Drusilla.

     “They’re looking into a break in at the museum. It looks like someone fitting Spike’s description was seen strolling away from the place not long after the alarm was triggered.” Michelle said as she read the info on the screen.

     “Strolling?” Sara asked with a puzzled look as she looked at the screen herself to see if it was true. “Sounds like something Spike would do.” Sara added after reading it for herself.

     “Sounds like he’s baiting the MIB’s or he’s trying to draw you out for some reason.” Prue warned. “Was anything taken?” Prue asked.

     “Michelle read down the list a little further until she saw what she was looking for. “Yes, some crystals.” Michelle said.

     “He’s up to something then.” Prue said looking even more worried.

     “Does it say what the crystals looked like?” Sheana asked.

     “No, not in this report, but I could try and look on the museum web site and see if they have them listed on there.” Michelle said as she started a search.

    Sheana looked nervous as she waited for Michelle to finish searching the museum web site for the details on the crystals that Spike had stolen.

     “Ah! Here they are.” Michelle suddenly said as she pulled up a picture of two pure black crystals. “Why would Spike want to steal those?” Michelle asked.

     “Because they’re called soul crystals.” Sheana said looking really worried. “Evil witches use them to kill and steal power from other witches, so they can use it themselves.” Sheana explained.

     “Does that mean you’re in danger Sheana?” Michelle asked with fear in her voice.

     “Only from the use of whatever magic is still stored inside them, but they can’t use them to drain my magic, as it wasn’t a skill I built up over time, but was a gift from the release of my genie imprisonment.” Sheana said as she smiled at Michelle to calm her.

     “Spike must want to keep you busy fighting Drusilla, so he can try to finish me off.” Sara said with a growl. “Will Drusilla be a problem for you if she’s got them crystals?” Sara asked as she looked at Sheana.

     “It will make the fight interesting, but her magic will be wild and hard for her to control, and the crystals in my armour will help protect me. I should also be able to capture some of her powers as well.” Sheana said in a dismissive way.

     “We better go and see if we can find spike and Drusilla then, and put a stop to whatever plan he’s working on now.” Sara said as she stepped into the middle of the room and then waited for Prue and Sheana to join her there.

     “Do you all have your ear wigs?” Michelle checked with them.

     “Yes, so let us know the minute you find any info on Spike, or any other trouble with the supernatural world we can go and check out.” Sara said just before she touched her belt and vanished.

     “Look after yourself Sheana.” Michelle said looking worried for the girl she loved.

     “You know I will.” Sheana smiled just before she put her hand on Prue’s shoulder and then the two of them were gone, leaving Michelle on her own.

    Michelle was soon sat at her computer again checking through all the data she could find on the MIB main frame to do with Spike and any other trouble Sara could go and check out.


*****

    Sara, Sheana and Prue spent a couple of hours blinking to various spots around town where Michelle found out the men in black had ran into a group of vampires, but none of them had seen Spike. Sara knew they were telling the truth thanks to her mind control gift with the un-dead and demon world.

    They finally called it a night and blinked back to Michelle’s, so Sheana could say a proper goodnight before they went home to get some sleep before they went to see Hypatia for a fun day of training. Now Sheana was going out with Sara, Hypatia wanted her to learn some fighting skills so she wasn’t depending on her magic all the time.

    Sara had still heard nothing from Jo, and Michelle was going to be stuck as Mike all weekend, due to his parents getting back tomorrow morning. Mike’s parents would be back for a week, and then they were going to a company in America to oversee the installation of a large security system and wouldn’t be back for nearly a month.

    Since the spell that made Mike a real girl, she’d started to enjoy having the house to herself while her parents went away, so the next week was going to be a hard one for Mike to deal with, not being able to become Michelle the minute he got home from school.

     “I’m missing you already Sheana.” Michelle pouted as she stood looking at Sheana dressed in her black cat suit, mask and curly black hair covering her normal blonde.

     “I’ll call you when I get home from Hypatia’s tomorrow evening, and I’m missing you also Michelle.” Sheana said as she leaned in and started kissing Michelle.

     “I’ll look forward to it.” Michelle said with a grin. “I’ll try and have a word with Jo as well, if I see him out and about.” Michelle added, not happy that Sara had come clean with Jo in an email, and he still wouldn’t give her a call.

     “Thanks Michelle, but you know that Jo will only call me when he wants to.” Sara said with a sigh as she stepped over and gave Michelle a quick hug before stepping back and then taking hold of Prue and blinking home to give Sheana some time alone with Michelle.

    Sara picked up her phone to see if Jo had called, but there was no word from him, and she got the same when she checked her emails. She made the slayer armour retract into the locket around her neck and then she set to work getting ready for bed.

    Sheana finally made it home and she too got ready for bed before they went down to let their mother see they had come back unhurt, and they all had a hot chocolate before Sara and Sheana went to bed and struggled to get in around Jenna who was now spread out in the bed. They managed to get in and were soon falling asleep.


*****

    Sara woke the next morning not having had the best night sleep due to her dreaming about Jo finishing with her and going out with another girl, having told Sara he needed a girlfriend that was a little less psycho. She dragged herself out of bed and went to take a shower trying to wake herself up. It helped a little, but Sara still felt depressed when she checked her phone and email to find out that there was still no word from Jo about what happened the day before, and the fact she was sorry for hurting his feelings. Sara was still sat at her computer when she heard Sheana having a stretch, so she turned around and found Jenna sat up rubbing sleep from her eyes next to Sheana.

     “Morning sis, Jenna.” Sara smiled as she went over and pulled Jenna up onto her knee to give her a morning hug.

     “Morning Sara.” Jenna said with a sleepy smile as she cuddled into Sara a little more as she enjoyed the hug she was getting.

     “Are you hungry Jen bear?” Sara asked.

     “Yes.” Jenna nodded looking a little more awake now Sara had mentioned food to her. Jenna loved starting her day with a bowl of coco pops and a piece of toast with some jam on it, even if by the time she finished the toast it was hard to work out why they didn’t just put the jam straight onto Jenna herself.

    They waited for Sheana to use the bathroom before they all went down for breakfast. Prue had already gone when Sara woke, so none of them were shocked to see her sorting out breakfast when they got to the kitchen.

    Karen and Sandy were both having a lie in this morning and Karen was going to meet them over at Hypatia’s later in the day after going into town for a couple of bits she needs. Sandy was going out later in the day with a couple of friends she’d made at the studio, so she wouldn’t be going to Hypatia’s this Saturday.

    Sheana and Sara were going to suit up and blink them all over to Hypatia’s once they were all dressed and ready to leave.

     “You okay Sara?” Prue asked with some worry in her voice. “You seemed to be tossing and turning through the night.” Prue added as she stood turning bacon under the grill so she could make them all BLT’s.

     “I’ll be fine Prue.” Sara smiled as she sat Jenna down at the table and then sorted out a bowl of cereal for her. “I was just having bad dreams about Jo.” Sara sighed as she took a seat at the table while Sheana sorted them all out with a glass of juice.

     “Are you sure you want to go and train with Hypatia today then?” Prue looked a little worried for Sara’s well being if she wasn’t focusing properly.

     “I need to go and do something, or I’ll go insane sat around here all day waiting for him to call.”

     “Could be a bit late for the going insane part.” Prue said looking worried again, but it soon broke into a grin and then a giggle.

    Sara scowled at Prue just before she stuck her tongue out and then started giggling as well. “I must be insane to put up with all you.” Sara finally said when they all stopped giggling. “But I wouldn’t want to be any other way.” She added with pride. Sara did feel a little better having had a good laugh though.

    Breakfast was soon done with, and then Prue took Jenna up to get her de-jammed, while Sara and Sheana got the kitchen cleaned up, so Sandy and Karen didn’t come down to a messy kitchen. Sara and Sheana then went up to get dressed so they could all blink over to Hypatia’s.


*****

    Hypatia and Samantha were stood waiting for them when they appeared in the hallway at the mansion. Hypatia had been contacted by Sara to let her know they were on their way. Hypatia could also sense that Sara was troubled by something, or something’s.

     “What troubles you child?” Hypatia asked as she walked them out into the garden where Samantha had set up a tray of cold drinks for them all to enjoy before they started training.

     “Just some boy trouble.” Sara replied. “I upset Jo, and now he’s not talking to me at the minute.” She explained

     “A full day of training will help take your mind off it, but I also sense something else troubles you.” Hypatia said with a raised eyebrow.

     “I’m also having some trouble with this new mind power as well.” Sarah sighed. “I keep pulling others into visions when I don’t mean to.”

     “You will gain better control of it in time Sara, but you need to keep using it, and push yourself to control it better.” Hypatia explained. “If you stop using it, or shy away from a gift, just because it worries you that others could see things you don’t want them to, then you will always be a slave to that gift.”

    Sara just walked beside Hypatia and the others in silence after that as she thought over what Hypatia had said, and realised that she was right. It had taken her some time to get control of her other slayer gifts as well. She needed to explore her new mind power and learn to control her visions.

     “Do you think we could spend a little time today working on that as well as our normal training session?” Sara asked as she looked up at Hypatia.

     “Sounds like a wonderful idea my sweet child.” Hypatia said with a grin, happy to have someone worthy to train with. “I don’t want any distractions for either of you today though, so turn off them horrible little electronic gizmos so we can have a full day of training.” Hypatia said, referring to Sara and Sheana’s mobile phones.

     “But I’m expecting a call from Jo.” Sara whined.

     “I’m sure it won’t kill him to wait a little longer to talk to you, and if it does, then he shouldn’t have got upset with you in the first place.” Hypatia pointed out.

    Sara and Sheana both got their phones out and then pretended to turn them off, but actually put them on silent. This would have worked with most people, but not Hypatia. “I said turn them off.”

     “They are off.” Sara lied as she looked over and saw that Sheana had done the same as her and put it on silent.

     “Looks like they are both still on to me.” Hypatia’s voice said in their heads. “Now turn them off before you’re both left explaining to your mother why she’s got to buy you new ones.” Hypatia added with a warning in her voice. Hypatia added a vision of what she did to the tracking devices they found in the portable device they stole from the men in black as Hypatia burnt them to nothing but ash.

    Sara and Sheana were soon turning their phones off and then turned them around for Hypatia to see. Taking a girls phone away was like asking them to cut off a hand, a fact Hypatia had become aware of since Samantha first got one and now couldn’t live without it.

     “Much better.” Hypatia smiled as they started walking again towards the garden.

    They sat and enjoyed their drinks before Samantha took Jenna to keep her entertained in the kitchen with some baking, while Hypatia went to get ready for their training session. It was much quicker for Sara and Sheana to get ready.

    Sara’s focus was off to start with, but after taking a couple of good blows from Hypatia, she soon found her focus and the training session went well. It was more to start and get Sheana fighting better than teaching Sara anything new.

     “Have you thought of adding a deflection spell to your armour Sheana?” Hypatia asked while they were taking a short break to let Sheana get her breath back.

     “I have, but I’m worried that the men in black could get hurt.” Sheana said voicing her worrier’s about such a spell.

     “Limit it to supernatural attacks only.” Hypatia said in a matter of fact way.

     “I hadn’t thought of doing that.” Sheana said with a thoughtful look on her face.

     “What’s a deflection spell?” Sara asked looking confused.

     “A deflection spell is a spell that catches the attack and then throws it back at the person attacking you.” Hypatia explained. “It could be a good defence against Spike and Drusilla, and whatever mad scheme they hope to achieve with those soul crystals.” Hypatia scowled.

     “You know about Spike stealing the crystals from the museum?” Sara asked looking a little shocked. “If you know what they were, then why did you let them remain out in public?”

     “I didn’t let them remain out in public Sara. I put them out there after hearing what Drusilla did to you the other night.” Hypatia smirked. “I knew that Spike and Drusilla would soon get word of the museum having a set of pure black crystals, and they would steal them.”

     “Why would you want them to get the crystals though?” Sara asked looking more confused than ever.

     “They’re cursed aren’t they?” Sheana said as she realised why Hypatia would let such a thing happen.

     “Yes they are, and the first time Drusilla tries to use them against anyone else, she will be pulled into the crystal and trapped forever, just like all the others that have tried to use their power.”

     “So I’ll just have a very pissed off Spike to deal with after that?” Sara asked.

     “Yes, but that will work against him when fighting you, not that he stands much of a chance in the first place.” Hypatia smiled. “If Drusilla hadn’t knocked you on your backside the other night, he’d already be ash.”

     “Don’t remind me about it.” Sara growled. “What will happen if Drusilla uses the crystals on me?” Sara asked looking worried all of a sudden.

     “The same thing.” Hypatia shrugged. “The crystals are a trap for want to be evil witches. A white witch was tortured and then they used the crystals to take her power as they took her life, but in her dying breath she cast one final spell that will pull the soul of any witch that shows nothing but evil in their heart.” Hypatia explained.

     “So all we need to do is get Spike to show his face and use them.” Sara pointed out.

     “He’ll show soon enough.” Hypatia said in a, don’t worry about that voice. “I suspect he’ll want to have a show again, so it will all happen at the Armen’s tavern.” Hypatia sighed.

     “He does like to show off doesn’t he?” Sara said.

     “Yes, but as he’s finding out, it’s not always a good thing to have everyone watching. He was left looking pretty silly the other night when Drusilla had to step in and save his life.” Hypatia giggled.

    They were soon training again and finally stopped when Samantha entered the room and said lunch would be ready in half an hour.

    Hypatia went to take a shower and get changed, while Sara and Sheana just retracted their armour back into its hiding place and looking as fresh as they did when they first got dressed that morning. The two girls went in search of the others, and found them in the kitchen with their mother.

     “Hi mum!” Sara said as she ran over and gave Karen a hug. “I didn’t think we’d be seeing you this early.” Sara added, but looked happy to see her mum already there.

     “Neither did I, but there was an accident in town. Some poor boy got hit by a car after he ran out onto the road or something like that.” Karen said, not sure of the details. “The radio said it didn’t look good for him, but they wouldn’t give a name until they’d managed to contact the child’s parents. How was your training session with Hypatia?” Karen asked wanting to change the subject to something more cheerful.

     “It was okay, but I think Sheana is a little worn out now.” Sara giggled.

     “We can’t all be loaded with slayer power sis.” Sheana pouted as she playfully gave Sara a shove. “It was fun learning to fight though.” Sheana added with a grin.

     “Just remember to save it for the bad guys though, or bad demons.” Karen tried to say. “You know what I mean.” She added looking confused.

     “We know mummy, no fighting unless it’s the only option left, or they are an evil un-dead.” Sara said it like she’d had to say it a hundred times before.

    Hypatia was soon back looking like the lady of the manor and they all sat down to eat. Karen and Hypatia talked about business while they ate, and the others all talked about fashion and other every day stuff.

    Sheana was going to get the afternoon off to spend some time playing with Jenna and the others, while Hypatia worked with Sara on her telepathy and getting better control of her visions.

    Hypatia had put up a wall to block all outside noise and thoughts while they worked. Sara found it hard to start with as Hypatia would ask her to form an image of a road, or a garden, then all of a sudden Hypatia would say a word that would trigger an old memory, and Sara would take the two of them to that memory. The more Hypatia did it, the easier it got for Sara to control it, and after a couple of hours, she had control of her visions while holding a mind link with others. Sara could even create basic looking landscapes as well, but nothing as grand as what Hypatia could do.

     “It is only a matter of time before you will be able to Sara. You pick things up very fast.” Hypatia praised her.

     “That must be a slayer thing then Hypatia.” Sara giggled. “Simon was never very good at remembering things.”

     “Don’t be so sure Sara. Simon had other things on his mind, and I gather some dark sad thoughts as well.” Hypatia said with a raised eyebrow.

     “Please don’t say anything to the others. I’m not that person anymore.” Sara said looking worried as she realised what Hypatia was getting at. “I just didn’t want to grow up to be like my father, and a male of any type.” Sara added as she looked down in shame.

    As Simon, Sara had thought about taking her life a number of times, but the thought of hurting her mother and sister was the only thing that stopped her ever doing it.

     “What would be the point in me telling anyone that, you got your wish, plus a lot more you never expected as well I gather?” Hypatia asked with a grin.

     “You could say that.” Sara giggled. “But I’d make the same wish again if I got another chance.” Sara quickly added.

     “I’m pleased to hear that my sweet little slayer. Now let us get you to the others, so you can go home and enjoy the rest of your weekend.” Hypatia said as they walked back to where they could hear Jenna giggling at something.

     “I’m not sure I’ll be enjoying anything if Jo won’t speak to me.” Sara pouted. She then remembered that her phone was still off, so she pulled it out her pocket and turned it back on again. It had no sooner gone through its start up screen than she was getting a call from Jo. Sara started grinning as she answered the call.

     “Hi Jo. I’m sorry for what I did to you yesterday; please forgive me for being so foolish.” Sara pleaded down the phone.

     “Finally! Were the hell have you been all afternoon?” Jo’s voice said on the other end.

     “I’ve been training with Tia.” Sara snapped back feeling a little angry with Jo for not even bothering to say she was forgiven.

     “Why did you turn your phone off? And why is Sheana’s off as well?” Jo asked with pain in his voice like something was wrong.

     “Tia didn’t want us distracted while we trained, and I’ve only just remembered it was turned off.” Sara said as she sensed something was wrong. “What’s wrong Jo, why do you sound like you’ve been crying?” Sara asked as she finally got to the others.

     “Where are you now?” Jo asked.

     “I’m still at Tia’s, why?”

     “Can you get Sheana to blink me to you?”

     “Sure, but where are you right now?” Sara asked.

     “I’m in my bedroom at home.” Jo replied.

     “Sheana, can you blink Jo here? I think something is wrong.” Sara said to Sheana as she got up off the floor where she’d been rolling around tickling Jenna.

     “Cool! I’ve wanted to try something anyway.” Sheana said as she touched a finger to Sara’s phone.

    Jo heard Sheana speak on the other end of the phone, just before he saw a blue mist start to come out of his phone as he moved it away from his ear. The blue mist seemed to wrap itself around him and then all of a sudden he was stood in the hallway with Sara and the others all looking at him.

     “What just happened?” Jo asked looking a little freaked out by it.

     “Looks like Sheana reached out and touched someone.” Prue giggled. “Cool trick though.” Prue added looking impressed.

    They all laughed, but stopped when they saw that Jo had tears rolling down his cheeks and his eyes were red from another sort of crying.

     “What’s wrong Jo?” Sara asked as she ran over to him.

     “It’s Mike. He’s dead.” Jo said as he burst into tears again and fell into Sara’s arms

 

To Be Continued Next Tuesday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
152 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nooo!

Not Michelle! Just what they didn't need right now. Things are happening so fast, I was hoping they would get at least some weeks or so until the next major life-changing event.

I bet the reason was that she told her parents, or at least told them part of it, and it wasn't well received. Had it been something like the MIB having found out about Sara, she wouldn't have run, she'd called. Had it been something not emotionally loaded, she wouldn't have run.

Right now I'm wondering whether she's truly gone or whether there are still possibilities to save her, supernatural or not. Though I don't give high odds on her still being savable if the doctors have declared him dead.

Those transformation rings...

Well, Jo said Mike was dead. Him. But the rings aren't supposed to last more than 12 hours, right? And they run on the magical energy provided by their wearer or something such, right? So wouldn't the body revert to Michelle form, either directly because there's no living body providing more energy to it, or soon after, if it stores energy as backup while using it to transform her, or after 12 hours, when the full energy store has run out if it's not powered by the wearer while worn, only reloaded by the wearer after being removed.

So, shouldn't the body soon turn into a girl, depending a bit on exactly what the timing is? What will the doctors and her parents make of that?

OMG someone must have found

OMG someone must have found the "Mike" ring, surely Mike's not dead, damn gotta wait a whole week to find out what the hell happened, looks like I'll be bald from ripping my hair out by then.

Great story' thanks for sharing.

Lizzie :-)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

I Think You Have It...

Though that still begs the question as to how Michelle got into a position where the ring could be stolen or lost. IIRC, neither Spike nor the MIB have any reason to connect her with the Slayer, unless somebody managed to trace the MIB computer incursions back to her -- not all that likely, I don't think, unless she's gotten sloppy or overconfident. So there's not much chance that either adversary has plotted this out.

And then someone has to see the ring. It's invisible while she's Mike, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the answer.

Eric

It's invisible when he's

It's invisible when he's wearing it, but is it still invisible when he or she's not wearing it? I don't recall if that was mentioned or not.

To Make A Wish Chapter 24 (New Chapter)

Mike/Michelle is knocked out via magic, more than likely by Drusilla.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

How Would Drusilla Know...

...who Mike was? If she could read Sheana's mind, Spike wouldn't have been so clueless as to what was going on last time.

Eric

Meanie!

No fair killing off Michelle! I hope Jo is wrong and that Sheana can blink over to the hospital and heal him.

What the Hell

Why Michelle/Mike should run on the Street,
I can only think it could be a ploy of the MIB,
Maybe the found out about the earwigs,

Oh Sara your so Bad
you come up with new twists and turns, and than there comes a cliffhanger,

Greetings SHH12

Evil cliffhanger

But like the other, the rings might be his salvation. That means of course if the rings allow him to go back to being a live Michelle, she might not be able to become Mike again. Or maybe not if the Mike body is merely a magical construct in the first place.

:P

Kim

nah

Sadarsa's picture

I doubt he's really dead.... very very hurt yeah.

O.O Sheena will flip though

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~