Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1667

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1667
by Angharad

Copyright © 2012 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

Despite my worries of coping with the children during what I used to know as Holy Week, we actually had fun most days. I got them doing things about the house each day on the understanding that we’d do something enjoyable afterwards. So far we’d managed to keep the chores down and have some fun.

Today we went out mountain biking. Okay, Portsmouth is a bit devoid of mountains, but we did some off-roading on bridle paths and because everything was so dry, didn’t get either the bikes or ourselves too messy.

After everyone had been cleaned up, including Danny, who’d come with us as well, I declared myself too tired to cook. The kids had a piece of fruit and drink of milk to tide them over until Si came home and we’d have fish and chips. Yeah, I was feeling lazy.

Simon arrived at six and I asked him to get the fish and chips. He suggested that he’d take me and wait in the car while I got the food. Why couldn’t he just do it? However, it had been a pleasant if tiring day and I didn’t want to spoil it with a spat with Si. So I agreed.

I got into his car and he drove us the mile or so to the chip shop, which has a small car park at the side of it. He parked and sat in the car listening to his Abba CD while I wriggled out of the car and walked round to the entrance to the shop.

There are frequently kids hanging round outside, a real heterogeneous group, all shapes, sizes, colours and sexes. One of them nearly knocked me over as I walked between them.

“Hey, watch it; you nearly had me over then.” I said loudly to him.

“Shut it bitch, and hand over your purse.”

I was actually speechless. The kid, a large black youth, pushed me roughly against a wall, temporarily winding me. However, I hung onto my shoulder bag as he tried to rip it from me.

His friend now got into the act, an equally large white youth, with more spots than the average leopard and his hair looking like it had been cut with a lawn mower.

I got in one blow before the other one hit me, the white kid went down and rolled on the floor. Where was Simon when I wanted him? The black kid, shouted, “Oh you wanna play rough, d’ya?” and slapped me on the face. I saw stars but somehow managed to hold onto my bag as he once again pulled at it.

The white one came back, “I’m gonna hurt you for that, you bitch,” he spat at me. He raised his fist and I kicked out again, catching him on the knee. He limped around in circles squealing that he was going to kill me.

The black youth went to slap me again, my face was definitely bruising, my left eye was beginning to close and I could taste blood. He swung at me and I ducked, kicking him in the shin and following it up with a bash in the face with my bag. He stepped back, but the group of kids now chanting and waiting to see me really beaten up prevented me from escaping.

I screamed, it was all I could do. Both of my attackers stood before me, the white kid brandishing a knife. Oh well, no one lives forever. Whichever one came at me first would gain some more bruises before they got me.

I tensed myself for a fight to the death, it might well be so. Suddenly, the white kid was yanked backwards and I heard his jaw shatter and saw blood and teeth fly everywhere as Simon’s fist caught him with a haymaker. The second blow rearranged the rest of his face and he dropped like a stone, the knife lying beside him.

“You hit my wife, you bastard,” said Simon as he looked at the other attacker. I suspect he was going to say something but Simon, who had a look of pure hatred in his eyes, grabbed him by the throat and head butted him on the nose. He dropped to the ground a moaning bleeding mess.

It wasn’t quite over, and as the sirens sounded in the distance, out of the corner of my good eye, I saw a girl, presumably the friend of one of the hors de combat, pick up the knife and rush at Simon’s back.

I didn’t have time to say anything, I just swung my arm stiffly at neck height catching her in the throat. Her feet left the ground and she fell back against the wall, coughing and dropping the knife.

“That’s a red card offence, girl, a straight arm tackle,” Simon joked at me.

A police car swept alongside us and saw the carnage. He looked at my face and shook his head. “Muggers?” I nodded.

A second car arrived and they detained all the kids who tried to claim Simon and I had started it. “Keep talking, kids, I’ll have you as accomplices after the fact as well as attempting to pervert the course of justice,” growled a huge policeman.

An ambulance arrived and the two casualties were taken off, a third police car following to get their statements, and I hope, charge them.

Si and I were sat in different cars and our statements were taken. I told him when the knife appeared, I feared for my life and just screamed. Then Simon arrived and laid them both out. The copper smirked at that bit. It looked as if the two thugs were known to them.

I was glad to see the knife was carefully bagged as a piece of evidence and also glad that neither of us had touched it.

“You need to get some ice on that eye, my love,” said the copper, “Why don’t you pop over to the hospital just to make sure?”

“I just want to go home,” I said bursting into tears.

“Okay, someone will be along to see you tomorrow or the next day.”

“What for?”

“To see if any details have come to mind, they sometimes do, especially after an attack–and also to let you know what’s happening. Your husband, he can handle himself by the look of things.”

“I don’t know, I’ve never been in this situation before.”

“Okay, Mrs Cameron–Cameron, not from the old farmhouse?”

“Yes, why?” I sniffed realising they just worked out who we were.

“From what I’ve heard it’s usually you rescuing him, isn’t it?”

“Don’t be ridiculous.”

“Anyway, you’re in luck, the shop has computer controlled CCTV, so hopefully all of this will be on disc somewhere. All I have to do is make sure we get the right one.”

Simon hugged me, gently touching my swelling eyelid. “I’ll bet that hurts,” he said.

“Not as much as the two you hit.”

“Well, I was working up to getting slightly cross.”

“Huh, I’ll bet if they’d touched your car, you’d have been well miffed.”

“Probably. C’mon let’s get someone to look at that eye.”

“Please take me home, darling,” I pleaded and sobbed some more so that’s what we did.

I’m a lousy mother. I have no idea what my children had to eat that night, I’d lost any appetite I had and went to bed. I know Trish was with me at one point because the splitting headache I’d had eased and I went to sleep.

Stella had thought to take some photos of my face when we got home, so even if a rapid healing occurred, we’d have some evidence to present.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
278 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you Angharad,

Our Simon has shown his mettle defending Cathy who was not doing a bad job under the circumstances,
but low lifes like this deserve a good thrashing before being trundled off to jail,where they belong.

ALISON

Just like that!

This chapter appeared 'Just-like-that!' Exactly as a mugging does. When you're least expecting it.

Nicely sprung Angie, just like a trap.

Still loving it, even with the surprises.

OXOXOX

Bev.

bev_1.jpg

Assault situations.

Poor Cathy, and thank heavens that Si has grown into his role.

Its surprising but these things are terribly upsetting. I was accosted at the store by some doper bugger who took issue with where I parked my bike. He just yelled at me, and when I got home I suddenly burst into a dreadful batch of tears.

G

I was intending to make a joky comment ...

... and ask if the bridal path was leading to the church door until I read the rest. You certainly like to put Cathy and Simon through the mill, don't you? As the copper said, it's usually the other way round but this time Simon came up trumps. He's obviously not quite so out of shape as you sometimes imply.

Thanks

Robi

She needs to learn to do the blue light protection

thingy.

I mean she is capable of it.

But yes they are bastards. Wish Simon could've ruined his nuts in the process.

So she needed Simon's protection this go round, why? Because there are other men around.

Kim

Mugging

I wonder if the local youths would have tried mugging Simon at knifepoint if he'd gone there alone? Still, Cathy did a pretty good job of holding the muggers at bay without releasing her bag until her scream alerted Simon.

As for the aftermath, I expect the one brandishing the knife may end up facing charges, but it wouldn't surprise me if the rest are let off with a caution to save on paperwork.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1667

Wondering if those hooligans have siblings going to school with Cathy's children, or if Julie or Jacquie knows them?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

At least the police showed no sign

of even thinking about arresting Cathy or Simon. Guess they were familiar with the crowd of criminals. Not used to Cathy not being able to fend for herself. What's going on? Glad Simon was able to deal with the attackers.

Cathy certainly is...

Cathy certainly is one to not follow advice. Most of the time, people are told - if you're mugged, give the mugger what they want or you'll get hurt. Most of us aren't up to dealing the kid of violence Cathy can dish out and don't have a one person assault squad to rescue us (like Simon)...

Thanks for this departure from the normal "day in the life"...

Hope Cathy's doing better soon. Sounds like she got hurt quite bad... Would really suck, if she developed migraines as a result of all that banging around.

Thanks,
Annette

Sad to say ...

that muggings similar to the one Cathy suffered are all to common in the UK, Feral youths with no jobs and precious little to look forward too seem to think that it is their place in the world to make others miserable...I wish i knew what the answer was , But far better minds than my own have tried to solve the problem and failed ...

Perhaps the answer lies at home, Parents need to set the example for their children to follow and make sure when they fall off the straight and narrow they are very soon put back on it, Too many parents take the easy option of giving in to all their children ask for and when in later life they cannot get what they want, Some of them result to violence and we all know where that will lead...

Kirri

That was fun,

Simon "explaining" that that woman was his wife. Nicely done.