Wild Magic 37

Printer-friendly version

Okay, I'm sorry! A little writer's block, but that's cleared now. Thanks, Beyogi!

They were beautiful. The necklace was more of a choker, with what looked to be an emerald, on a  ½” gold band that was open a bit in the back. It slipped around my neck comfortably, and looked amazing and exotic. I loved it, even as just a piece of jewelry.

The other was supposed to be an arm brace, but it looked more like a 3” wide band, and like the necklace it had an open part so that it slipped onto my arm, just above my wrist. It was made of gold with a ruby prominently displayed on it. I thought it looked a little gaudy, but it fit onto my arm well. I immediately decided that it 'enhanced my fire magic abilities'.

I wore a white, sleeveless tee and a black miniskirt with dark hose and my favorite black boots. When I looked in the mirror, I was very pleased. I looked great, and maybe a little naughty. I wonder if I'll see Tim today?

We had decided that the story of these jewels was that they had come from a private collection in an eastern European country which we didn’t specify. I had been given them when I accepted the leadership of the coven. I was to stick to this story, no matter what, until we had defeated Thomas.

I told myself the story over and over, of how I had received them in a secret ceremony known only to my Grandmother and I, and like a silly teenager, I insisted on wearing them openly, which my Grandma disapproved, but accepted. To get a more natural reaction from everyone, only my Grandma, Mama Gwen and Debbie knew that the whole thing was a sham, but we swore to never speak of that.

“Those aren’t toys, Emily! They need to stay in the vault until you need them!” yelled Grandma.

“But what if I’m attacked, and need them now? I want to be ready!” I insisted.

“I don’t think that will happen anytime soon, honey, and-”

“What’s with all of this argument?” Mom asked as I passed her. “Emily?”

“Sorry, Mom, I’m going over to Debbie’s, and then we’ll probably go to the mall or something. I’ll back in a while. Bye!”

I walked out the door, got into my truck and drove off, while Grandma sputtered impotently on the porch. This was a little hard, as I’ve never been a “rebellious teenager” before, and I’m not really sure what I’m doing. I hope this whole thing ends soon. I’m not sure I can do this for very long.

The biggest problem that I think I’ll have is school. Thomas’ people have already shown that they are perfectly willing to attempt to possess my friends. If I had not seen Grace’s struggle, she might have lost her fight. That still makes me very angry. I just hope that we can detect the next person they try this with. I really can’t trust anyone right now, and I don’t like it. I want to go and start my way up the chain, taking out each link and finding Thomas, then shutting down the threat somehow without hurting too many people. I’m afraid that this could get ugly, And most of my opposition isn’t evil, just mis-guided or manipulated. They don’t deserve to be hurt.

They really don’t want to piss me off, though.

I pulled to Debbie’s house and headed up to the door. Deb came out to meet me.

“Wow, you look great!” She said as I made a pirouette to show of my outfit. “I love the jewelry, is that new?”

“Grandma gave it to me yesterday when I officially took over the coven.” I bragged. “She wanted it kept in storage, but I wanna wear it for awhile. It’s supposed to help my powers, and I might need it to fight. Besides, I like the look!”

I felt so foolish, but I kept up the act. Debbie had also sworn to go along with our plan, and she was doing great, but I wanted to be a bit more serious, and it kinda ticked me off that I couldn’t. I took a deep breath and kept up the vapid girl crap as much as I could.

“Are you up for a little mall crawling?” I asked her, which was really a silly question. I was starting to get used to the expectations other people had for me, like the idea that all girls enjoyed shopping and fancy clothes. Debbie, however, loves to go shopping, and if given the chance, would have an apartment in the mall. Her biggest dream is to go to places like the Mall of America with several thousand dollars in her hand and a van to carry her stuff.

She once told me that part of her career planning was the idea that she would live near, and possibly work at the MOA. True happiness would involve meeting a millionaire who owned a store in the huge mall.

“I’m all set!” She told me. “Mom wants me to pick up some stuff at Bed, Bath And Beyond, and I’ve got to get a couple of DVDs, too.”

“I wanna check out a few places. I need a new LBD that’ll have Tim and the other guys tripping over their freaking tongues!”

We laughed and bumped fists. Okay, I was putting up a big act, but we could have fun too, couldn’t we?

Our mall is large and has two stories with a huge center section. There is a large elevator and two different escalators that go up the gigantic Food Court. The first thing you see is a large Merry-Go-Round that the kids (and some of the adults) love. A lot of our friends have jobs here at one of the restaurants or at the theatre that is the upper south anchor of our mall. As a result, a lot of the teens congregate here, sitting at some of the many tables. It doesn’t hurt that some of the stores closest to the upper center are the local Game Stop, Spencer’s Novelty shop, Claire’s and our Victoria’s Secret.

Debbie and I came in from the upper North parking lot and headed for our favorite place in the mall-Dairy Queen! We noticed several tables where some of the guys from our school were sitting. A few of them flirted a bit, and Debbie happily accepted their attention. Most of the students at our school knew about Tim and I, but a few were either stupid or just didn’t care.

I just told the ones who approached me that I was sorry, but I was taken. There were a couple who were more insistent, but they were merely annoyances. I had to be a little more direct, but they got the message finally. One jerk that simply could not get it was grabbed by a few of Tim’s friends from the football team, and they convinced him that I wasn’t to be messed with. I had hoped that Tim might be around, but I guess that since he already had a girlfriend, he wasn’t hanging out at the local “meat market.”

Debbie took note of the guys who helped me, and when I thanked them later, they each got a quick kiss on the cheek from her. I think she even got a date out of it!

We shopped for a while, bought a few items and talked with several of our friends. We had fun, but we were glad to be heading home as we walked out to my truck. We were surprised when the Jerk and two of his friends seemed to pop out of nowhere and surrounded us, trying to make us walk past a grey van. I knew what they were doing, and I let them get us out of view of anyone in the parking lot.

They never saw what hit them, literally. I gave a strong telekinetic punch to each of them, which knocked two of them out, and left the third one staggered on his butt. By the time we’d tossed the two unconscious guys into their van, the third one was coming at us. I pictured an invisible post in front of him that was just a little shorter than his belt buckle, and he walked right into it. Deb and I laughed as he collapsed after smacking my post and rolled around on the ground holding his crotch.

I gave the poor guy some mercy and painlessly knocked him out, then we put him in the van and while I kept all three boys asleep, wrote “I love cock” on their chests by giving them localized sunburns. When I finished we closed the van door and left. I fuzzed their memories of us so that they wouldn’t really remember our faces, but I knew they’d remember us a little bit for the next few days!

Debbie was laughing so hard she almost peed her pants. We went to my truck and drove off, both of us giggling for quite a while. Every so often Debbie would break up with laughter, and at one point we were laughing so hard, I had to pull over and stop for a few minutes!

I finally dropped Debbie off and promised to pick her up the next morning, then drove home. I was kind of thinking that Grandma might still be “mad” at me, but I was surprised when it was Mom who jumped on my case. What really surprised me was when she was lecturing me on respecting my Grandmother.

“I’m very disappointed in you, Emily. You’ve never been so irresponsible. She’s loved you since you were a little girl, and this is how you respect her? Consider yourself grounded young lady!”

Oh God, they had possessed my Mom! My first thought was to take out the possessor, but instead I telepathically called Grandma and told her what was going on, while using the anger that was burning inside me to really throw a tantrum in front of “Mom.”

Grandma! Can you hear me? I need you!

Yes, dear, I hear you. What’s wrong?

It’s Mom, she’s possessed! What should I do? I want to push them out, but maybe that isn’t a good idea?

Your right, sweetie, as much as I hate it, we can’t do anything right now. What’s all that racket?

Just me, fighting with Mom. I’m just about to go to my room in a huff, so it’ll stop in a minute.

Good. I’ll come and talk to your mom for awhile, okay?

Yeah, okay. She doesn’t know that I was Gabe...she was chewing me out when she said something about how you loved me when I was a little girl.

Clever girl! I might have missed that, very good. Go to bed, we’ll talk in the morning.

Not sure I’ll sleep, I’m so angry, but I’ll try.

I love you, goodnight.

I love you too, sweetheart.

I finished cleaning up and getting ready for bed, then climbed under the covers. I didn’t think I’d sleep a wink, but I guess all the walking and the argument wore me out. I’m very tired.

I know one thing. As soon as I can, somebody’s ass is gonna be mine!

up
186 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wild Magic 37

How near/far is the opposition to be able to do what they do?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Hehe... I'm glad I could help

Hehe... I'm glad I could help to wake your muse ;)

How dare they take over mom? I wonder how long Emily plans to let them do that. Considerin how nuts Debbies mum was in the end I doubt that would be a good idea.

Thank you for writing this interesting story,
Beyogi

possessed her mom

I think they have only possessed her for a day or days few hours as in the last chapter they went to the hospital to visit her on her break and she didn't show up I think that is when the possession took place. Emily needs to think about the boys at the mall also as possible being possessed and used as a distraction to try to keep her from noticing family being possessed. She needs to protect her father as he is possible the next target.

Very good story waiting to see what happens next
Randi

Randi

Makes Sense...

...about the hospital visit.

But if they made the change before last night, they've already heard the whole plan. That doesn't mean they'd know that Emily used to be Gabe. (Though since it was an inadvertent effect of Gwen's possession, Thomas or someone back there ought to be aware of it.)

But that means that the whole jewelry-as-bait part of this shouldn't work, and it means that they already know that this morning's event was play-acting. So there's nothing I can see to be gained by not getting Emily and Grandma together to exorcise Mom right now.

Eric

For the benefit of others

As I explained to Eric in a PM, Thomas and friends don't know about Gabe. Is something else going on? Well, maybe...

Next chapter may clear some things up. I know I'm a bit twisted, but it will all make sense. Eventually. I hope!

Wren

"somebody’s ass is gonna be mine!"

Go get em, girl. I almost feel sorry for the bad guys for making this move. They've no idea what trouble is ...

DogSig.png

They will know,

Extravagance's picture

after I've finished with them. In the unlikely event that they don't get chopped in half.

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Uh oh.

I think more than just one someone's ass is going to be hers.

Emily is a very powerful witch even if she's young and they just really made her angry.

As to the possession, I'm thinking it has been pretty recent. Like within the past twenty-four hours. But you never know.

I see one H*** of a fight coming up soon.

Maggie